As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] When Everyone Has Gjallarhorn, No One Does. Year Two Bungie Stream Wednesday!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So what's the steps I need to get the crota exotic? Is this the same quest as the urn or is that something else? Is it even doable at this point?

You have to get a gun called "Husk of the Pit" which is supposed to drop from the Blade of Crota (the one you farm for the Eris Morn bounty in the Fist of Crota mission).

Unfortunately, there's a bug where it's no longer dropping and it won't be fixed until sometime in August when Bungie rolls out their next update.

From my understanding, what you have to do is level the gun up, combine it with an item you buy from Eris Morn (probably have to be rank 4 with her) and then level THAT gun up and combine with a crux of crota (~10% drop chance from HM Crota)

After trudging through all this bullshit, you'll get a weapon unlike any other, a dark weapon that will have enhanced capabilities the more focused you become, a neccessary evil to fight the darkness - A destroyer of worlds.

Oh wait, we are talking about Necrochasm right, yeah that gun sucks total fucking ass, I doubt even my dog would be interested in that kind of shit. (I dont have a dog, but if I had.)

Also, 10% chance? Tell that to @jefe414
    So what's the steps I need to get the crota exotic? Is this the same quest as the urn or is that something else? Is it even doable at this point?

As @LandShark pointed out, you have to get a white weapon called Husk of the Pit from the Blades of Crota Knights, then level it up by killing Hive, when fully levelled up

you can use a gizmo that Eris Morn sells to turn it into a legendary weapon called Eidolon Ally (still sucks) and that gun can be upgraded to Necrochasm if you have a Crux of Crota.

Let's get real though (after bug is fixed), this is what you have to do:

1) Run the first 30 seconds of Fist of Crota until you get the drop (approx 5-10 minutes max)
    2) "We've woken the Hive" 6 or 7 times to grind up Hive kills on Husk of the Pit
    3) Buy the thing from Eris (everyone who owns Crota DLC should EASILY have hit the required rep level)
    4) Use bounty experience as you play normally to level up Eidolon Ally (consider using a telemetry as well now that they're so easy to get)
    5) Join a group here running Hard mode Crota to get both the Radiant Energy and Crux of Crota you need, probably will need to do this a couple times

Out of that whole thing, ONLY step 5 is anything to look twice at. It's also the only actually FUN step though, so it's not so bad.

Necrochasm does suck though, that's true.

(1) I've seen people farming Blades in the span of weeks, I think it was ObiFett maybe? Who must certainly did not have a 5-10 minute max for finding a Husk of the Pit,

your own experience regarding drop rates do not neccessarily reflect the average, I remember it took me more than 2 hours to find a Husk myself and a lot of people considered me lucky back then.

(5) Dont make me laugh, a couple of Crota kills is all thats needed to get a Crux? Seriously? tell that to jefe414 who has killed this asshole 25+ times (I actually looked it up, he has 20 full HM completions, I know he has some Crota only kills too, which arent listed) and still havent gotten a single one.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten the most Cruxes of our group (3 of them) and they most certainly did not have a 50% drop rate.

Ha ha don't talk to me about RNG if you have Gjallarhorn. I'm the star of an imaginary TV show dedicated to my poor luck with the RNG!

@vagabond is right there with ya

ObiFett on
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    On another note, there's an open spot for my Nightfall/PoE 34/32 if we have time extravaganza tonight! Join Goldenhawk in watching me not get any good drops!

Ordinarily I'd be so in, but I really need to get to sleep early tonight. I set a Nightfall/PoE game for 8:00pm EST tonight, if anyone is interested.

https://www.the100.io/groups/1397

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

You have to get a gun called "Husk of the Pit" which is supposed to drop from the Blade of Crota (the one you farm for the Eris Morn bounty in the Fist of Crota mission).

Unfortunately, there's a bug where it's no longer dropping and it won't be fixed until sometime in August when Bungie rolls out their next update.

From my understanding, what you have to do is level the gun up, combine it with an item you buy from Eris Morn (probably have to be rank 4 with her) and then level THAT gun up and combine with a crux of crota (~10% drop chance from HM Crota)

After trudging through all this bullshit, you'll get a weapon unlike any other, a dark weapon that will have enhanced capabilities the more focused you become, a neccessary evil to fight the darkness - A destroyer of worlds.

Oh wait, we are talking about Necrochasm right, yeah that gun sucks total fucking ass, I doubt even my dog would be interested in that kind of shit. (I dont have a dog, but if I had.)

Also, 10% chance? Tell that to @jefe414

As @LandShark pointed out, you have to get a white weapon called Husk of the Pit from the Blades of Crota Knights, then level it up by killing Hive, when fully levelled up

you can use a gizmo that Eris Morn sells to turn it into a legendary weapon called Eidolon Ally (still sucks) and that gun can be upgraded to Necrochasm if you have a Crux of Crota.

Let's get real though (after bug is fixed), this is what you have to do:

1) Run the first 30 seconds of Fist of Crota until you get the drop (approx 5-10 minutes max)
    2) "We've woken the Hive" 6 or 7 times to grind up Hive kills on Husk of the Pit
    3) Buy the thing from Eris (everyone who owns Crota DLC should EASILY have hit the required rep level)
    4) Use bounty experience as you play normally to level up Eidolon Ally (consider using a telemetry as well now that they're so easy to get)
    5) Join a group here running Hard mode Crota to get both the Radiant Energy and Crux of Crota you need, probably will need to do this a couple times

Out of that whole thing, ONLY step 5 is anything to look twice at. It's also the only actually FUN step though, so it's not so bad.

Necrochasm does suck though, that's true.

(1) I've seen people farming Blades in the span of weeks, I think it was @ObiFett maybe? Who must certainly did not have a 5-10 minute max for finding a Husk of the Pit,

your own experience regarding drop rates do not neccessarily reflect the average, I remember it took me more than 2 hours to find a Husk myself and a lot of people considered me lucky back then.

(5) Dont make me laugh, a couple of Crota kills is all thats needed to get a Crux? Seriously? tell that to @jefe414 who has killed this asshole 25+ times (I actually looked it up, he has 20 full HM completions, I know he has some Crota only kills too, which arent listed) and still havent gotten a single one.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten the most Cruxes of our group (3 of them) and they most certainly did not have a 50% drop rate.

Ha ha don't talk to me about RNG if you have Gjallarhorn. I'm the star of an imaginary TV show dedicated to my poor luck with the RNG!

I dont have a Gjallarhorn.
    I have 3.

The one my Warlock is using is the one I bought from Xur in week 2 though.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I will need 3x Nightfalls, but after that I guess NATBurn ( @erevar @booker @Vagabond @patrkslayzy23 ) is Iron Bannering?

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I don't have the greaves or shoulder charge leveled up on my titan, but if you do, feel free to one shot the tank in this weeks nightfall with a giant knee to the face

What the shit.

Unrelated, got Ill Will, any good? Seems like a nice Kinetic hand cannon, especially with Flared Magwell to fix its abysmal reload speed.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I will need 3x Nightfalls, but after that I guess NATBurn ( @erevar @booker @Vagabond @patrkslayzy23 ) is Iron Bannering?

I'm down for IB tonight.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    My wife has informed me that I do not, in fact, have plans to kill Skolas tonight, so you guys who were kind enough to join my the100 game are on your own. I'll be posting another one at some point this week, I hope. I'd really like to kill that bastard.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    On another note, there's an open spot for my Nightfall/PoE 34/32 if we have time extravaganza tonight! Join Goldenhawk in watching me not get any good drops!

Ordinarily I'd be so in, but I really need to get to sleep early tonight. I set a Nightfall/PoE game for 8:00pm EST tonight, if anyone is interested.

Sure, let's just do it earlier.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I don't have the greaves or shoulder charge leveled up on my titan, but if you do, feel free to one shot the tank in this weeks nightfall with a giant knee to the face

What the shit.

Unrelated, got Ill Will, any good? Seems like a nice Kinetic hand cannon, especially with Flared Magwell to fix its abysmal reload speed.

Ill Will with a "perfect" roll is pretty outstanding:

Final Round
    Braced Frame
    Luck in the Chamber

I think it's tied with Timur's Lash for second-best non-Exotic HC next to Fatebringer.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »

Sure, let's just do it earlier.

Woo! Yay early games (and bedtimes)!

1008605098_C3d43-1050x10000.jpg

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Hopping on Xbone, XBL GT is ElementWrath, need 1x Nightfall, 32 PoE, willing to raid as well.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I could do a nightfall now.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Looking forward to an easy breeze through the Nightfalls and then some rage-inducing matches in Iron Lagger (seriously, if they just left off the Iron Wrath bounty, Iron Banner would be a hell of a lot less stressful for me)

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    Just knock it out in your first match, so you don't have to worry about it anymore after that. yuk yuk yuk.

Sorry.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

I would be down for a nightfall now

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Just knock it out in your first match, so you don't have to worry about it anymore after that. yuk yuk yuk.

Sorry.

You joke, but this has happened to me several times and it makes for a wonderful IB experience.

EDIT: I guess I should clarify... I manage to complete this bounty about 90% of the time, but I end up playing shitty when I get close and it frustrates me. It's much easier to get when you're not thinking about it at all.

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

Sorry.

You joke, but this has happened to me several times and it makes for a wonderful IB experience.

EDIT: I guess I should clarify... I manage to complete this bounty about 90% of the time, but I end up playing shitty when I get close and it frustrates me. It's much easier to get when you're not thinking about it at all.

Unfortunately Zen Moment only works on guns and not players. =P

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    3x Nightfalls and got nothing super useful.

Did Crota and finally got gloves and boots for my Warlock (hello level 32!)

Did a 32 PoE and got...

11782447_10152888982537167_460081337466682249_o.jpg

Today was a good day.

Although, I think that drop ruined my friendship with @Malakaius and @Wassermelone =[

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I..is that the Warlock Bond from Crota on your right knee?

EDIT:
    548.jpg?1436905077

EDIT 2: Haha, the other knee is the Skull of Dire Ahamkara, and the thigh has Young Ahamkara's Spine. Bungieeeeeeeeeeeeee

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Could be. Who wants to know?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Thats how bad Warlock bonds are -- they are wearing the velcro strap from the Bones of Jordan on their arm

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Put up a Vault for tonight on X100 because why not. I also need to do one nightfall and would be willing to run a 32 or 34 PoE.
    Also got a Hard Light for the second week in a row from my first nightfall this morning...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    My one buddy has been experiencing the most bizarre bug where whenever he gets a Hard Light, the game gives him a second copy when he goes to orbit.

So he's gotten 6 Hard Lights in the past month (3 drops + 3 duplicates). Still no Gjallerhorn of course, the game wouldn't be that kind. It's made him somewhat bitter.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    So I just got this on ps4 after not paying it at all since I got rid of my ps3.

My psn name is jarofmoldymayo if anyone wants to help me with finally getting my vanguard rep to 2 or just play control matches with me because I love control.

• Options

I would be down for a nightfall now

@Wassermelone and remadeking
    Apologies for bailing, my dad and a friend showed up to measure my roof

Thanks for the first nightfall

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Oh yeah, I need to do a clan fireteam strike for the achievement. Somehow I haven't already gotten it (probably because a few regulars I play with aren't in Pax Arcadia)

Custom Special on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I need to do a clan fireteam strike for the achievement. Somehow I haven't already gotten it (probably because a few regulars I play with aren't in Pax Arcadia)

Also because Weekly, Nightfall, and Playlist strikes don't count for it. You have to select a normal one from the Director.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options

Also because Weekly, Nightfall, and Playlist strikes don't count for it. You have to select a normal one from the Director.

Fair point, but I've done a fair number of Dragon strikes with dudes.
    Point is...if you're not in the clan GET IN THE CLAN.

• Options

That's what I'm saying... Dragon Strikes don't count for some reason. Back in the day I had to convince Obi et al to run the level 12 Phogoth strike to get mine.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options

That's what I'm saying... Dragon Strikes don't count for some reason. Back in the day I had to convince Obi et al to run the level 12 Phogoth strike to get mine.

OH. Crap. That's just plain silly.

OK, who wants to murder Phogoth tonight?! :D

• Options

OH. Crap. That's just plain silly.

OK, who wants to murder Phogoth tonight?! :D

Tonight's going to be busy but if I'm around another night, toss me an invite and I'll be happy to run one with you.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    rockurcradlerockurcradle Registered User regular
    Any1 up for nitefall...also if any1 tried iron banannnna is it lagging this time also?

I own:
    -->PS1-grey, PS2-black and PS4-white
    -->PSP-the very first fat lady
    -->Sega game gear and Nintendo game boy

Oh Yeah!!!

**PSN-rockurcradle
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    If anyone on the ps4 side wants to iron banner I'm on now looking for a fireteam
    MagnusxThexRed

• Options
    rockurcradlerockurcradle Registered User regular
    Any1 up for nitefall...also if any1 tried iron banannnna is it lagging this time also?[/quote

Need 1 more for nitefall and then iron bannanaaa

I own:
    -->PS1-grey, PS2-black and PS4-white
    -->PSP-the very first fat lady
    -->Sega game gear and Nintendo game boy

Oh Yeah!!!

**PSN-rockurcradle
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular

So glad Bungie fixed this glitch by moving it to 10am pst. Fixes everything. Fuck everyone that normally starts playing around reset time, lose a whole day of bounties so that people can't use a glitch for etheric light.
    IB glitch works. Now I can do IB on my own terms without the pressure of having to get rank 5 by next week.
    IB glitch works. Now I can do IB on my own terms without the pressure of having to get rank 5 by next week.

Oh, wait, no they didn't, they just screwed a portion of their player base. Whatever, got a nightfall in instead before going to bed and got a shitty purple.

• Options
    I'm back, my apologies

One nightfall and some prisons and IB

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    If anyone on the ps4 side wants to iron banner I'm on now looking for a fireteam
    MagnusxThexRed

Who are you and what have you done with the real Magnus?!

• Options
    People keep saying that they moved the time to combat the Rank Reset glitch, but AFAICT that was only supposition by the community. I find it exponentially more likely that they moved it to 10 AM Pacific so they'd have Devs and QA in the office in case something goes wrong with the deployment. Like if Saladin decides not to give rep for awhile for some reason.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    TabinTabin Registered User regular
    I am going to need some more people for VoG hard if anyone is interested! starting in a few mins.

PS4 PSN TabinM

• Options
    TabinTabin Registered User regular
    Still looking for a few more people for VoG!! I know you want to go!