As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] When Everyone Has Gjallarhorn, No One Does. Year Two Bungie Stream Wednesday!

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'm waiting on the wife to take a shower and bring the baby to bed before I can hop on, otherwise I'd be down for the early VoG!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone want to run the 32 prison ?

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in joining me for a couple of Nightfalls? I'm in the middle of one now if you'd like to join.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    TabinTabin Registered User regular
    @Fawst We got started late so i bet there is still time for you to join on the early Vog to do the end if you wanted

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    okay, why exactly does bungie insists in putting me in matches where the game is already halfway done and the losing team (the team I join) is down 7000+ points?

Here's a solution. You quite a IB match then you lose IB rep. Then again, Bungie can't even fix a rep glitch so that'll never happen.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    okay, why exactly does bungie insists in putting me in matches where the game is already halfway done and the losing team (the team I join) is down 7000+ points?

Here's a solution. You quite a IB match then you lose IB rep. Then again, Bungie can't even fix a rep glitch so that'll never happen.

The benefit to you is you get a Medallion (worth 80% of a win remember) in like a fourth of the time a full match would take.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I have tiger kneed golden gunners to death three times today.

It has been a good day.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Tiger knee is the worst. I have killed maybe 10 people ever with it but if I have it on its all I can bring myself to try.

Why must I be so bad at it abd resisting its allure!?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Insurmountable Skullfort and Celestial Nighthawk today.

Need to be dragged through 34 PoE and also need Heroic Weekly today.

• Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Anyone want to join for Nightfall on PS4? I'm at Taniks right now.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Great runs with @3clipse and @GoldenHawk tonight. Quote of the night:
    Me: "Adds are coming in."

GoldenHawk: "Then it looks like it's time to subract."

• Options
    TabinTabin Registered User regular
    Looking like I am going to need 2 more for VoG hard second run should anyone be interested

PS4 PSN TabinM

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Tiger knee is the worst. I have killed maybe 10 people ever with it but if I have it on its all I can bring myself to try.

If you do it right, it's the best ability in the game.

Like half my kills come from tiger knee. And another quarter from follow up melee.

You just have to abandon your notions of how shooters operate.

I play Destiny like it's a kung fu track meet.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Anyone up for a nightfall or 3 on xbone? Starting one now...

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    oh my God @MrMiscreant and me and a guy I know took Skolas past the second round of mines and died, despite 2 of the 3 of us knowing nothing about how the fight worked beforehand. I'm not sure if I'm mad or impressed, but I have to go to bed before I'm a destiny zombie at work tomorrow

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I actually have not payed Destiny in ages. It will probably have a nice big patch when I start it up.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Could use two in this Hard VoG run on XBone.

IB stole everyone :(

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yay Tiger Knee on the tank on my first try.
    That was a delightfully fun way to make the most of that strike.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I don't have the greaves or shoulder charge leveled up on my titan, but if you do, feel free to one shot the tank in this weeks nightfall with a giant knee to the face

What the shit.

Unrelated, got Ill Will, any good? Seems like a nice Kinetic hand cannon, especially with Flared Magwell to fix its abysmal reload speed.

Roll LitC, Final round and braced frame and it becomes a fun crucible toy. I wouldn't put it over The Fulcrum, Loner.Rebel or Red Hand however

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Send personal invites next time. A few of us would have helped if asked directly. : P

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Send personal invites next time. A few of us would have helped if asked directly. : P

Well by the time we were going y'all were in a 6 stack, felt rude to go to people and be like "hey leave the people you're with and join us" which is why I just sent the message to Booker to be passed on.

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    After taking a short break from Destiny I had some fun running Nightfalls with Evangir and Boozer. Then I decided that I had time to run a match or 2 of IB before sleep ...

Every grenade I toss, every punch I throw, every shotgun blast, RNGesus rolls twice. Once for if contact was made and again for how long of a delay before the damage is registered. Just....why?

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I figure that if you imagine Destiny to be more like Mario Kart instead of Forza then you'll quickly realize that the game is actively there to not provide a level playing field but to provide random goofy fun times.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Yep. But the dude humping your body because he "solo'd" your arc blade by eating 3 unregistered swipes doesn't realize he just got a blue shell...

I do wonder if everyone has it as bad as me. My friends seen surprised when thier arc blades don't work. For me it's pretty much a guarantee.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    That feeling when you throw a scatter grenade, get a double kill, and knock out Iron Wrath in your first match.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Holy shit, just got an icebreaker to drop in Iron Banner. Already have one, but none the less surprised. Had a Party Crasher +1 drop in my first game. Hoping to knock out most of the bounties in my limited time before the reset, almost done with the hard ones. Need 1 more machine gun spree, 5 more heavy kills total, and almost done with melee/zones. I normally don't get to do the first days bounties, so getting them all done would be huge.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    Lol in my last game to finish off my last bounty, a guy with 0 kills, 1 assist, and a 0.0 kda got the IB machine gun.

Managed to finish off all the first days bounties, gonna try and get some start on the next days for about an hour. Decided to re-roll that party crasher and I think I'm going to keep this one.

First row I have both Field Choke and Agressive Balistics.
    Full Auto for the second row.
    Have Reinforced barrel in the third
    And Luck in the chamber in the last

Think I'll keep it until I get something better or another one to roll with.

• Options
    Yep. But the dude humping your body because he "solo'd" your arc blade by eating 3 unregistered swipes doesn't realize he just got a blue shell...

I do wonder if everyone has it as bad as me. My friends seen surprised when thier arc blades don't work. For me it's pretty much a guarantee.

That's why you go gunslinger for the true Hunter path. Be not tempted by blinks the vile unwashed science dorks begat our kind in order to lead us astray. Live off the land and the land will bless you with riches like sweet ragged cloaks so that ye may look like a badass. Hella sweet Nikes will come to you if you vow to embrace the combustion. Don't even look at them explode. Turn your backs on them so that the last thing they see is the majesty of a bitchin' ass cape.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Lol in my last game to finish off my last bounty, a guy with 0 kills, 1 assist, and a 0.0 kda got the IB machine gun.

Managed to finish off all the first days bounties, gonna try and get some start on the next days for about an hour. Decided to re-roll that party crasher and I think I'm going to keep this one.

I like full auto more on the high impact shotguns than shot package or rangefinder. I seem to get more consistent kills when I can fire a quick follow-up shot and since I'm always in barrel stuffing range I don't need the extra range. Full auto is better for PvE as well.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    What is "The Revelator"? Never seen it drop before. It's a Hand Cannon just had drop for me in IB.

• Options
    What is "The Revelator"? Never seen it drop before. It's a Hand Cannon just had drop for me in IB.

The stats on it are almost pound for pound the last word minus the unique perks. I have one rotting in my vault but I have no clue what to roll on it.

• Options

I like full auto more on the high impact shotguns than shot package or rangefinder. I seem to get more consistent kills when I can fire a quick follow-up shot and since I'm always in barrel stuffing range I don't need the extra range. Full auto is better for PvE as well.

I feel like I'm going to like it as well more than range finder for a quick follow up at the hip if a melee doesn't work or my first shot doesn't work. Not sure what it is, but I seem to miss a lot when they seem lined up on my screen with shot guns.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

If you do it right, it's the best ability in the game.

Like half my kills come from tiger knee. And another quarter from follow up melee.

You just have to abandon your notions of how shooters operate.

I play Destiny like it's a kung fu track meet.
    @OptimusZed teach me, master

Which perks do you use?
    what armor?
    which weapons?

I have lost my way as a titan and need help

• Options
    gam3p0tgam3p0t Registered User regular
    Think I'm gonna rock my goofy titan in the bananana this morning; if anyone's around on ps4 and just wants to grind a few games for fun ( and my titans 33 or 34, I cant remember until I actually do my full gear swap as im leveling up different exotics) feel free to shoot me an invite on ps4- Gam3p0tt

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    I'm going to try using my Warlock in Iron Banner tonight, since she's my least-used character in the Crucible (and I might as well flesh out my Grimoire score).

What kind of Warlock builds do people use for PvP? I should probably try out these Nothing Manacles...

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    I think the bug where you don't get xp or medallions is back on the ps side.

Really wish they would fix their piece of shit server problem.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Any chance someone would be willing to help me kill Urzok today (PS4)? I've had this bounty for what feels like forever, and trying with pubs has not worked out well thus far.

• Options
    PSN shit the bed this morning?

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Hopscotch Pilgrim is amazing with High Caliber rounds. In my second to last match I survived 2 or 3 engagements against exotic hand cannons because of it.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So I have a Triumph-related question.

On the my Bungie profile it appears that I've completed every piece of the Triumph. However, after completing them, I didn't get that usual "banner" notification that pops up for things like that when you're in orbit.

Is that something I should have seen?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve