As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] When Everyone Has Gjallarhorn, No One Does. Year Two Bungie Stream Wednesday!

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Tiger knee is the worst. I have killed maybe 10 people ever with it but if I have it on its all I can bring myself to try.

Why must I be so bad at it abd resisting its allure!?
    If you do it right, it's the best ability in the game.

Like half my kills come from tiger knee. And another quarter from follow up melee.

You just have to abandon your notions of how shooters operate.

I play Destiny like it's a kung fu track meet.
    @OptimusZed teach me, master

Which perks do you use?
    what armor?
    which weapons?

I have lost my way as a titan and need help
    Max agility and toughness. Use Transfusion to heal. Be ready to disengage if range of engagement gets too long. Run in circles.

If you've got a Mida, use it. That thing is singlehandedly responsible for pushing my k/d up by roughly .3.

Keep an eye on any cap point with limited sightlines but multiple approach angles. That elevated C point on the earth map is a great example.

Constantly be stutterstepping to keep shoulder charged primed. Wear Mk. 44 Stand Asides.

Learn how long you can run into a wall while still holding shoulder charge to stay stationary until you've got a target.

Roll with a quick-ready shotgun. Range odds good, shot package and rangefinder are crap. At your typical speed of engagement, aiming is dying, since it takes too long and tanks your mobility.

Max Strength. Transfusion is often the difference between trading one for one and tripling down.

Figure out how to skate/ski with Catapult. But don't use it all the time. Cornering is a lot more important than straight line speed in most cases.

Find a job and do it. It's tempting to just Thor around the map delivering thunderous death, but that's about the least useful thing to use your powers for. But you can own areas with running room and obstructed sight lines, and you deploy to trouble spots faster than anyone but a sniper with eyes already on the problem.

Watch for slow enemy point caps, since it usually means one dude is line wolfing it. That's your bread and butter kill.

Learn approach angles on cap points. This takes some experimentation. Unexpected angles are the best, because shotguns can only swing so fast.

If you are outgunned, run. Don't try to force the issue if the enemy is actually tracking you and has weapons on you. If they know you're there, dudes×seconds=more than 2 is a losing approach engagement. Abort.

Sit on your super. I cry havok about once per match because I wound up in what should have been the wrong hallway and had a slam charged. It also lets you deal with bladebancers, which are kind of worst case scenario for you when you're zooming. Holding a super also turns you into a cruise missile if you've got a buddy to call targets.

Remember that you have guns. I'm super guilty of this.

If they have a Ram, you need a plan. That dude's not going down to a knee.

Try to keep at least one ally with a sightline to you most of the time. Just because you're superman doesn't mean you can't benefit from fire support.

Flank flank flank. Use that speed to come in from strange places and angles. Punish dudes for living down scope. Find that sniper or overwatch crew and make them nervous for the rest of the match. It only takes once or twice to put them off their game. Shoulder charge seems to have an outsized psychological effect on players.

The first 2 minutes or so of the match will be your playground, then everyone is going to be watching for you. That's ok, it means you're doing your job.

You will die. Accept it, make peace with it and move on. Your entire goal is to throw yourself into ultra violent situations, death happens. Easpecially now that everyone and their mom is rolling with shotties. Just don't let them be pointless. More than any other build, it's easy to get into a grinder mentality and feed points to the other team. Take a deep breath and evaluate your mental state on respawn. RIGHTEOUS VENGEANCE isn't a good reason to give the other team 200 more points. I count any death where I solo eat a super or a bunch of heavy ammo after wasting 10 seconds of enemy time as an ok death, but one dude with a Fellwinter is unacceptable.

Lastly, be ready to take orders. You'll cover more of the battlefield than anyone else, but you'll only really see it in weird viginettes of ultraviolence. If you're going to insist on playing in this weird way, let your teammates tell you where you're needed, because they probably know better than you do.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    GoldenHawkGoldenHawk Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Could use two in this Hard VoG run on XBone.

IB stole everyone :(

Hey, you got your sweet sweet exotic drop earlier in the evening, ya jerk!

#icebreakerlust

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    After only "one" horrible death @squall99x nailed the angle of appoach and tiger knee'd that stupid tank in the head.

http://youtu.be/M57aZRG7zpg

welp

I know what Booker will always be doing in that strike now

I already warned my friends to save one of their warlocks for the last NF because I'm definitely going to kneedrop that fucking tank on my Titan.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Anyone for the NF?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Zed you are a poet when it comes to kneeing people in the chin. Sagat could learn a thing or two from you.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    So I ended up playing a few games of IB with a friend who got on a bit earlier than myself. When I joined he said he had been on a losing streak. I said, "you guys need a titan." Went defender the whole time, punched people off points, off heavy ammo, shut down blade dancers, the works. Won 4 in a row before it got late and we had to log. Titans. Don't cap points without 'em.

Also much love to armor of Light and Feedback Fence.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    oh my God @MrMiscreant and me and a guy I know took Skolas past the second round of mines and died, despite 2 of the 3 of us knowing nothing about how the fight worked beforehand. I'm not sure if I'm mad or impressed, but I have to go to bed before I'm a destiny zombie at work tomorrow

I'm gonna go with "mad and impressed." We adapted well, but that fight is too damn long: a near-miss like ours should amp you up to give it another shot, not make you think, "Oh god, I have to do all of that again?!"

I can really understand why people want a checkpoint in there.

Still! Go, us.

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'm downloading Share Factory specifically because of some bullshit I just witnessed in IB. One match, one pretty awesome lag death, one substantially ridiculous "let's dick over Fawst's team" moment, and one amusing final kill.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I'm downloading Share Factory specifically because of some bullshit I just witnessed in IB. One match, one pretty awesome lag death, one substantially ridiculous "let's dick over Fawst's team" moment, and one amusing final kill.

Is Share factory the only way to get clips off of your PS?

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    If anyone wants to do a nightfall or some PoE, I'm out of work sick so will be Destiny'ing on the couch for a while.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »

Is Share factory the only way to get clips off of your PS?

Only way to edit them, I think you can upload the raw footage directly though.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    IB with the group:
    Game 1: 0.54 K/D, Loss
    Game 2: 0.75 K/D, Loss
    Game 3: 0.25 K/D, Win
    Game 4: 0.69 K/D, Loss
    Game 5: 1.00 K/D, Loss
    Game 6: 0.11 K/D, Loss
    Game 7: 0.50 K/D, Loss
    Game 8: 0.39 K/D, Loss
    Game 9: 0.68 K/D, Win

Solo Queue:
    Game 1: 5.4 K/D, Win (Iron Wrath, all 2/3 Machine Lord medals, The Best Around)
    Game 2: 1.06 K/D, Loss (Final Machine Lord medal)

Fuck this game's matchmaking.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    IB with the group:
    Game 1: 0.54 K/D, Loss
    Game 2: 0.75 K/D, Loss
    Game 3: 0.25 K/D, Win
    Game 4: 0.69 K/D, Loss
    Game 5: 1.00 K/D, Loss
    Game 6: 0.11 K/D, Loss
    Game 7: 0.50 K/D, Loss
    Game 8: 0.39 K/D, Loss
    Game 9: 0.68 K/D, Win

Solo Queue:
    Game 1: 5.4 K/D, Win (Iron Wrath, all 2/3 Machine Lord medals, The Best Around)
    Game 2: 1.06 K/D, Loss (Final Machine Lord medal)

Fuck this game's matchmaking.

At least if it's the matchmaking it isn't just us being terrible.

Last night was probably the worst I've done in Crucible in a long long time.
    Not sure what the hell that was all about, but it was demoralizing and made me question playing Iron Banner this round.

But a full set of Iron Breed is within reach, so I guess back to the meat grinder we go.

• Options
    Hawkmoon from crucible and my team even lost :lol:

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I had 2 of my most fun matches in Crucible for quite a while yesterday, my buddy (Tiniest Haiku) had the Thorn Bounty lying around for a while and I asked him if he wanted me to play PvP on his Warlock while exercising, he had gotten up around 250/500 in the PvP part.

I start up with a void arsenal of Word of Crota, void Matador and Truth, Word of Crota sucked so much ass but I did manage to kill a few a few with it, finished the first match at close to 380/500 with a Relentless streak.

Went to round 2 and got 2 Relentless medals in a single match and finished the Thorn bounty mid match with that awful handcannon as my primary. I expected it to be really awful, I guess its good to come out of your comfort zone once in a while.

292xwk6.png

2nd match - 13 KDR with a Word of Crota!? The Matador really helped though, also burned 600 calories while playing.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Had a new first in my now fourth? IB. The entire opposing team rage quit. Apparently I had been playing against a team of 6 for a couple rounds and didn't notice. We (just 6 matchmade people) had beat them 20,000-13,000 and 20,000-15,000 and the final straw for them was getting to Firebase Delphi as Bravo team. As Alpha, we capped A, killed the 2 guys on their team capping B, and in the middle of capping B - "Victory". I was so confused because it was so early in the match. I only realized what happened when the Victory screen had no opposing team.

It was weird though, looking at the match history, they're not all in the same clan. It looks like they just picked up 6 randoms to form a fireteam and go to town. Not sure why you'd do that as opposed to just do matchmaking. A team doesn't mean victory.

And I know most are not, I'm still PS3 (psn: wesgilbert), so if anyone wants to join up, I'll be in IB basically alllllll week.

Gilbert0 on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    If they have a Ram, you need a plan. That dude's not going down to a knee.

As a Ram user, this is delightful
    ...PRAISE ME

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Tommatt wrote: »
    What is "The Revelator"? Never seen it drop before. It's a Hand Cannon just had drop for me in IB.

The stats on it are almost pound for pound the last word minus the unique perks. I have one rotting in my vault but I have no clue what to roll on it.
    Revelator has 90 aim assist so you don't need hidden hand.

I rolled mine with hipfire and Icarus to try and revolutionize the bunny hopping game. Has not gone well.

616610-1.png
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Question: If you have a checkpoint in a thing, does that mean that you can pull a whole group into the thing at that point? Or only yourself?

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Question: If you have a checkpoint in a thing, does that mean that you can pull a whole group into the thing at that point? Or only yourself?

Everybody!

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular

Everybody!

Sweet! Thanks for clearing that up.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    pvp is fucking miserable at the moment. Between the lag switchers, the pre-made stomps and the regular lag I'm tapping out of that shit for the mo.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I finally bothered trying out my Hard Light last night during random patrols/strikes. That thing was fun to shoot (solid sound, great look) and it actually did some damage to dudes (with 0 upgrades). Although, my frame of reference for auto rifles is Atheon's Pillowfight, so my view might have been skewed.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    TravelingMattTravelingMatt Registered User regular
    Hardlight is super rad.

PSN: TravelingMat
    Time Zone: Eastern
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Any chance someone would be willing to help me kill Urzok today (PS4)? I've had this bounty for what feels like forever, and trying with pubs has not worked out well thus far.

If you still need this later i'll help, just send me an invite if you see me on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I finally bothered trying out my Hard Light last night during random patrols/strikes. That thing was fun to shoot (solid sound, great look) and it actually did some damage to dudes (with 0 upgrades). Although, my frame of reference for auto rifles is Atheon's Pillowfight, so my view might have been skewed.

I've never used an AR that felt as good as the SUROS Regime. I guess I spoiled myself by using that before Hard Light.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Need a 3rd for Skolas on PS4 in 10 minutes or so if anyone is interested.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So I have a Triumph-related question.

On the my Bungie profile it appears that I've completed every piece of the Triumph. However, after completing them, I didn't get that usual "banner" notification that pops up for things like that when you're in orbit.

Is that something I should have seen?

I don't usually quite myself but this got botp'd and i want to make sure I get my stupid Triumph emblem.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I didn't get one either. I think it'll probably just get mailed to us in the expansion.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited August 2015
    Had some sweet games of Iron Bandana last night with the XBone crew! Finally broke out my Hopscotch Pilgrim that I have been hearing so much about, but had left lying in my Vault since it dropped 2 months ago. Like @Booker, I found it pretty amazing and I ended up using it in more matches than my Thorn. It's got max stability, so the shot grouping is pretty tight. Can't wait to use it again tonight, and also try the Mida in pvp.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Any chance someone would be willing to help me kill Urzok today (PS4)? I've had this bounty for what feels like forever, and trying with pubs has not worked out well thus far.

If you still need this later i'll help, just send me an invite if you see me on

Thanks for the offer. After more than a week of trying, managed to down him with two pubs like 30 minutes after posting this. Go figure.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Brogey wrote: »
    Had some sweet games of Iron Bandana last night with the XBone crew! Finally broke out my Hopscotch Pilgrim that I have been hearing so much about, but had left lying in my Vault since it dropped 2 months ago. Like @Booker, I found it pretty amazing and I ended up using it in more matches than my Thorn. It's got max stability, so the shot grouping is pretty tight. Can't wait to use it again tonight, and also try the Mida in pvp.

The Mida is so much fun. I'm really glad I leveled mine up. After reading @Disrupter talk about it, I needed to try it out and I have not been disappointed. It is a heck of a lot of fun harassing snipers across the map.

Pairing it with the Vestian Dynasty is also super fun.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I had 2 of my most fun matches in Crucible for quite a while yesterday, my buddy (Tiniest Haiku) had the Thorn Bounty lying around for a while and I asked him if he wanted me to play PvP on his Warlock while exercising, he had gotten up around 250/500 in the PvP part.

I start up with a void arsenal of Word of Crota, void Matador and Truth, Word of Crota sucked so much ass but I did manage to kill a few a few with it, finished the first match at close to 380/500 with a Relentless streak.

Went to round 2 and got 2 Relentless medals in a single match and finished the Thorn bounty mid match with that awful handcannon as my primary. I expected it to be really awful, I guess its good to come out of your comfort zone once in a while.

292xwk6.png

2nd match - 13 KDR with a Word of Crota!? The Matador really helped though, also burned 600 calories while playing.

This reminds me of when a buddy of mine's cousin that I sometimes happened to be grouped up with was complaining about how he would never finish his thorn bounty. Guy just wasn't great at PVP. He'd get up to 25/500 and lose those points.

So I spoke up and was like, "Hey man, I know we don't know eachother that well, but if you're interested I'd be more than happy to take your hunter into the crucible and finish that bounty for ya."

He was all about it. This was before the Crota expansion, so no Word of Crota. He did have an Atheon's Epilogue and some random void shotty though. The next day I hopped into some control matches solo and it took 5 or 6 matches to get the points he needed. I'd be a dirty dirty liar if I said I didn't enjoy absolutely stomping everyone at that matchmaking level.

I haven't played in quite a while, mainly due to Witchering and just generally being burnt out on Destiny. I must say though, the handful of times I've been able to crucible with you dudes were pretty dang great. I may try to hop on later in the week to catch some of this hot iron banner action.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Well that was just bizarre. My first game of Intestinal Bulgaria, I get a 2.6 KDR and Iron Wrath. I am really not this good at pvp.

• Options
    Gilbert0Gilbert0 North of SeattleRegistered User regular
    Well that was just bizarre. My first game of Intestinal Bulgaria, I get a 2.6 KDR and Iron Wrath. I am really not this good at pvp.

I find early in the week, it's usually lower level people trying it out. I get the 31-33 people. Later, in the week, oh boy, brought back down to earth.

• Options
    I like to say that my lifetime kdr is my secret superpower. Any crew I'm with gets matched against choads.

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I should have recorded some of the bs in Iron Banner.

2 snipes where I thought I got headshots, but no damage.
    I die from a million Thorn body shots.
    Then they both die from my sniper headshots.
    Then I get a postmortem medal.

All green pings.

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Would anyone like to kill Skolas around 4pm today?

I put up a group on the100 but I'm time flexible

https://www.the100.io/game/252842

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Would anyone like to kill Skolas around 4pm today?

I put up a group on the100 but I'm time flexible

https://www.the100.io/game/252842

@CptHamilton I joined this one if you want in since our earlier one fell through.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Is anyone up for helping me with Thorn bounty (the last little pve bit where you have to kill a dude while not killing the other dude) later tonight? After that I can take sweet terrible vengeance upon people in iBanananananana.
    Edit: This would be around 10 EST, just wanted to ask for potential help tonight.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl