As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That's correct.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    So it appears that the desktop version was patched, but there is no corresponding ipad/iphone patch out. Booo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh good, they had said they weren't sure that max rank tracking would be in for this season but that seems to have come along with 3.0.

• Options
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    So it appears that the desktop version was patched, but there is no corresponding ipad/iphone patch out. Booo.

It's pretty standard for iOS patches to go up later in the day since they have to go through the store approval process.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    there's a reason to grind ranked now??

damn. and here i thought i was immune.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Made it to rank 8 with my ok-ish pally deck. I suppose I should put something more competitive together to try and push that a bit further.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    It's actually been pretty great playing at lower ranks now. As someone who just plays right now to complete quests and no more (no time!) I am seeing a much larger percentage of people at rank 17-ish that seem to be new (judging by their card selection and play choices), and much less of the golden portraited with legendary players... meaning anecdotally at least people are feeling more motivated to climb to the rank that matches their skill level, rather than doing things like conceding down to rank 20 and feeding on the newer players.

If true, that's actually a really good thing!

• Options
    AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    Actually this does wonders for my ladder anxiety because I have a chest full of loot already in my pocket. Well done, Blizzard.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Eck. "Patch 3.0.0"...and it's not the Grand Tournament launch patch.

At least we'll get to taste a lil' bit of how the card interactions work with the brawl. Inspire though is probably going to blow Joust out of the water.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Technically it might be the launch patch. I wouldn't be surprised if the TGT release wasn't purely a backend/data patch.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    It would be neat to see the actual win/loss rates of the two decks. They don't release them, do they?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Actually this does wonders for my ladder anxiety because I have a chest full of loot already in my pocket. Well done, Blizzard.

also it only counts your highest rank so if you slide back down you don't lose your reward

• Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm like 99% sure this is TGT patch. They just have to flip a switch to unlock the pack purchasing on the backend.

That makes way more sense than trying to co-ordinate a patch rollout across a half-dozen platforms on the one day of release.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    The new board is in the game. Not as cool as the BRM board.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I'm like 99% sure this is TGT patch. They just have to flip a switch to unlock the pack purchasing on the backend.

That makes way more sense than trying to co-ordinate a patch rollout across a half-dozen platforms on the one day of release.

I've already purchased the packs, what I want them to unlock is the pack *opening*. ;-)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Well, this mirror match against Grim Patron Warrior is going well.

I have 28 health and 27 armour and he just burned a grim patron by having 10 cards in his hand due to a foolish Acolyte of Pain drop the turn prior.

Bwahaha.

Edit: Just finished, final total: 28 health and 35 armour.

Edit2:
    iRqKQ8e.jpg

I'm a fucking monster.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Well, this mirror match against Grim Patron Warrior is going well.

I have 28 health and 27 armour and he just burned a grim patron by having 10 cards in his hand due to a foolish Acolyte of Pain drop the turn prior.

Bwahaha.

Edit: Just finished, final total: 28 health and 35 armour.

Edit2:
    iRqKQ8e.jpg

I'm a fucking monster.

Maybe, but you're our monster.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Speak for yourself, I'm not taking responsibility for him.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I had a game as face hunter against a patron warrior last night

dude said MY THANKS after I dropped what was obviously explosive trap and I'm like "yeah okay bud"

so he put down his frothing and made a bunch of patrons and yadda yadda yadda my second explosive trap killed his frothing before it got a chance to attack and put him in range of owl+kill command+steady shot

nothing feels better than beating some BM schmuck with zero bullshit

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    How did you put down two explosive traps? I thought you could only put down an identical secret if it was done via a mad scientist or something like that.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    3clipse wrote: »
    AT_037t.png?9596

The Living Roots tokens are the cutest thing in the world.

Baby Groot!

Oooooh baby, give me one more chaaaaaaance

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I am in Disney World

we have free wifi

is tgt really out? I was in the car for 16 hours and then our room wasn't ready for TEN HOURS (we got here early, I am not complaining really but it suuuuuuuucked) and I finally am sitting down and not in the sun and I want to open my MOTHERFUCKING PACKS

DID I MENTION FREE WIFI

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    How did you put down two explosive traps? I thought you could only put down an identical secret if it was done via a mad scientist or something like that.

I think he put it down the turn after the first one got triggered

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    I am in Disney World

we have free wifi

is tgt really out? I was in the car for 16 hours and then our room wasn't ready for TEN HOURS (we got here early, I am not complaining really but it suuuuuuuucked) and I finally am sitting down and not in the sun and I want to open my MOTHERFUCKING PACKS

DID I MENTION FREE WIFI

it's not out

• Options
    edited August 2015
    admanb wrote: »
    I'm not arguing that it was fair, I'm just saying that even in that situation Trump had a way to play that could've won the game, failed to do that, and was punished for it. Too much of the narrative surrounding Patron consists of "well, there was nothing I/they could do" when it's objectively false.

eh, he could have rolled dice vs. believing he was safe. it's not like he straight up missed lethal.

then if he goes for that and loses it looks like he only lost because he played boom onto the board which would have made people maybe not realized that yes patron can do 50 from hand on an empty board.

Variable on
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So I have 1990 dust. Who should I craft?

• Options
    admanb wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I am in Disney World

we have free wifi

DID I MENTION FREE WIFI

it's not out

luckily as soon as I saw the post of mmmig complaining about the thread title I assumed that was the case or I'd bebummed.

thanks.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Nothing

Wait until the expansion hits and give it a couple weeks to see what shakes out as OP (ala Dr Boom)

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

Some tgt cards when they come out

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Who do you already have, what do you play, and are you willing to wait a few weeks to see what happens to the metagame first?

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    But... but... I have 50 TGT packs! That damn number drives me wild like a southern racist at a hiphop concert! I just want to rip into them.

The packs, I mean.

• Options

Who do you already have, what do you play, and are you willing to wait a few weeks to see what happens to the metagame first?

I have windrunner and that's about it for the top tier list. Was thinking of trying Grim Paton out but I have a feeling we'll see some nerfs coming for that combo with TGT. I'm not sure.

• Options
    Craft Dr. Boom.

• Options
    It's worth noting that Grim Patron uses zero epics and the only legendary is from the adventures, so you could play that deck right now.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I have windrunner and that's about it for the top tier list. Was thinking of trying Grim Paton out but I have a feeling we'll see some nerfs coming for that combo with TGT. I'm not sure.

Patron is often run legendless otuside of adventure legends so not much you'd need to craft for that anyway.

Nothing revealed has looked like it would displace Boom or Ragnaros so those would be the safest bets for crafting.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I feel bad when I misplay a bunch and still win.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    The new board is in the game. Not as cool as the BRM board.

Yeah, it's sadly pretty boring. The upper right corner in particularly is lackluster. A huge amount of the real estate there is taken up by the tent, which doesn't appear to have any interactions aside from the weather vane spinning and the door flap.

Maybe there are some hidden things I haven't found, though.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I feel bad when I misplay a bunch and still win.

I almost prefer that to when I truly don't know what the right play was. no matter the outcome I end up feeling uncomfortable about the game.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Co-op mode?

VO_HRW_TEST_00 – I will cleanse you both of the Curse of Flesh!
    VO_HRW_TEST_01 – Well done! You’ve defeated the boss together.\n\nBoth players win!
    VO_HRW_TEST_02 – Defeat Gearmaster Mechazod together to win!
    VO_HRW_TEST_ABILITY_03 – Damaging all other characters.
    VO_HRW_TEST_ABILITY_05 – Dealing damage to both heroes.

Or maybe a special brawl where both players get to fight a boss.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Urk, I had 4 patrons on the board vs. this priest but they didn't stick, now I'm 6 cards from the bottom of my deck and I haven't drawn the second one. I've got all the combo pieces ready to go, Mr. T in my hand. COME ONNNNN

Edit: 5th from bottom card of my deck. OTK. Game over.

Sigh, this deck is definitely OP to pull off that bullshit, but that Priest should've pushed me harder when I obviously didn't have the card draw.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium