As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The sorting [chat]

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    What's the point of drinking if you are cognizant enough to remember anything.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i hate when you wake up still drunk

your first few steps are just shakey as fuck because you don't know you're still drunk yet

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    desc wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I blacked out one time from drinking

I came to in an alley at 4am on a working day

never again

This is the worst thing I can imagine in my day to day life

I think I would text my boss a fairly honest summary of the situation, get an über home, and then Puke and sleep for 24 hours

Trying to remember how long it's been since I've had a boss that I feel would have done well with a text like that.

TL DR on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I can't remember the last time I was at a social event and had more than maybe two drinks

Probably back in Japan? I do not have the right crowd to get drunk with anymore

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

never again

I think I would text my boss a fairly honest summary of the situation, get an über home, and then Puke and sleep for 24 hours

This was while I was teaching in Japan, I threw up once but just kind of clambered into bed and got to work maybe an hour late

Nobody said anything, though I'm pretty sure everyone could tell I was a little day-drunk

You are younger and haler (more hale?) than I

I'd die

Also I never blacked out from alcohol and I find it fascinating

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    So new job looks like it is really happening.

Six years I have been an independent, free man. Time to hang that up and embrace the security of the corporation.

sell out

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »

never again

Trying to remember how long it's been since I've had a boss that I feel would have done well with a text like that.

My boss wouldn't like it but I work for a family owned business that has grappled with alcoholism within their family so straight honesty would be by far the best policy about waking up at 4 am in an alley drunk midweek

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    alright, my PhD milestone presentation is down to a tight 19 minutes

get ready to be kawaii'd to hell and back, review panel

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I can't remember the last time I was at a social event and had more than maybe two drinks

yeah, most of my friends are teetotalers

I guess opposites attract or something

Can't wait for vacation though, kanpai bitches

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

never again

This was while I was teaching in Japan, I threw up once but just kind of clambered into bed and got to work maybe an hour late

Nobody said anything, though I'm pretty sure everyone could tell I was a little day-drunk

I'd die

it's so humiliating. you feel like a stupid child, unable to control themselves. if you're at all boisterous while drunk you have the nagging concern that you made someone feel uncomfortable or put upon. you're at the mercy of the recollection of others.

it's fucking stupid. most pointless nights of my life.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2015
    Ehh, nope

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Man alcohol is just the worst thing to overdo

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    What's the point of drinking if you are cognizant enough to remember anything.

What's the point of drinking if you're not going to remember anything? :P

• Options
    edited August 2015

You heard the man, [chat]

Roll in the keg on a dolly and set up the beer pong table here

desc on
  • Options
    Wait, I thought we all drank to forget? :P

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    tav

h-have you shitlorded, my son

nah

we fooled around a bit, i think (am like 90% sure but alcohol) I did something unappreciated and killed the mood and then we just kinda rolled over and went to sleep

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular

That's not alcohol. That's Rico's Special Cactus Juice. Alcohol isn't allowed in Nightvale.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Lately I have two beers and it's like.

Whoa hey slow down tough guy.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options

never again

I'd die

it's so humiliating. you feel like a stupid child, unable to control themselves. if you're at all boisterous while drunk you have the nagging concern that you made someone feel uncomfortable or put upon. you're at the mercy of the recollection of others.

it's fucking stupid. most pointless nights of my life.

But like what I s it that causes it I wonder

My heavy days are behind me and the last times that I werecdrunk enough to be two day hung over I still remember everything that happened moment to moment

I have taken hallucinogens and things like that and even so I have never really had a moment where I didn't feel like I was steering the ship

But I have talked to people who somewhat regularly have the experience of being blackout drunk from getting drunk at social events and I feel like there is some human ingredient that makes you one sort of person or another with regards to blackouts

• Options
    the worst part about drinking too much is the fact that it takes a whole day now to recover cause (i'm an olds) and if thats your saturday night, then you've basically lost your entire weekend

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

i've always taken that to mean that while you're drunk, you're forgetting about your worries. that time when you're drunk is pleasantly low in stress. if you forgot that whole night then what was the point? you've now forgotten the only stretch of time where you were able to forget the problems.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Ehh, nope

It's too late. I've seen it all! I've seen everything.

• Options
    desc busts out his b-boy moves to not just do a keg stand, but a keg 2000 to flip to worm

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man alcohol is just the worst thing to overdo

Legalize 2c*, dismantle the national alcohol industry, etc.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    tav

nah

we fooled around a bit, i think (am like 90% sure but alcohol) I did something unappreciated and killed the mood and then we just kinda rolled over and went to sleep

*uses Polaroids and yarn and thumbtacks on a board to begin reconstructing the crime scene*

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    Lately I have two beers and it's like.

Whoa hey slow down tough guy.

Boy can drink hard liquor all night and barely notice it. But you get him two glasses of red wine? He's out like a giggly little light. It's the strangest thing.

• Options
    desc busts out his b-boy moves to not just do a keg stand, but a keg 2000 to flip to worm before stopping to take acid reflux medication

• Options
    The last time I drank alcohol, I got straight up drunk off two small drinks. Tolerance is sure a thing.

• Options
    Alcohol is kind of trash as an intoxicant though

Tasty tho

Hth

• Options
    tav

nah

*uses Polaroids and yarn and thumbtacks on a board to begin reconstructing the crime scene*

>.>
    p sure there was a witness

<.<

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    red wine is evil

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    cadlincwalk got 23andMe results back.

Among other stuff: likely to live a long time and likely to not produce body odor.

Knew I married up!

kedinik the smelly mayfly

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    desc prefers the subtle intoxication of black tar heroin

• Options
    tav

nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1WKCEEnbk8

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    wine is just liquid headache

beer makes me feel all bile-y

spirits just make me feel like i was hit by a truck

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    tasty is the best

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    tav

nah

>.>
    p sure there was a witness

<.<

*rolls up to this person in a gratuitous product placement car and flashes a badge*

"[chat] police, sir and/or madam. Can you answer a few questions about criminal post-breakup conduct we have reports of?"

• Options
    Alcohol is kind of trash as an intoxicant though

Tasty tho

Hth

Since it's legal here, pot's a better choice for being a bit loopy and relaxed at social events. Eat a chocolate about an hour before the shindig, then feel nice and floaty for hours without having to constantly re-dose? Side effects the next day mostly consisting of being relaxed? Awesome.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2015
    I can still drink but I don't have more than 2 or three drinks often.

Beer actually hits me harder than wine or liquor. I think it's because I only rarely drink it.

spacekungfuman on
  • Options
    desc prefers the subtle intoxication of black tar heroin

Opioids are for pathetic babies

Either take drugs that make pretentious electronic music sound better or exit the gene pool

This discussion has been closed.