Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I was about to say something along the lines of Vermintide looking like it'll scratch an itch which hasn't been scratched since Left 4 Dead 2 got released two or three years ago, but then I checked and L4D2 got released in 2009. What the hell, time.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ... Is Vermintide basically Left4WAAAAAGH!?

Because that sounds amazing.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    ... Is Vermintide basically Left4WAAAAAGH!?

Because that sounds amazing.

From what I can tell.
    And I'm SO excited by that.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Just a reminder, Assault Android Cactus is now out of early access. With a little extra content (+1 playable androids, which means a whole new playstyle to learn... and it's a neat one).

How much of a time commitment is this game? Can you get in and out in under ten minutes or is it a sit down and work at it for 30+ minutes type?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Just a reminder, Assault Android Cactus is now out of early access. With a little extra content (+1 playable androids, which means a whole new playstyle to learn... and it's a neat one).

How much of a time commitment is this game? Can you get in and out in under ten minutes or is it a sit down and work at it for 30+ minutes type?

Ten minutes covers most levels I think. Not the endless mode but well....

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Annnnnd Vermintide preordered.
    I'm weak.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

Definitely do-able in 10 minute bursts.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    I had no idea Vermintide was a thing.

It seems like an awesome thing.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    It's got a demo, too. Just give it a shot. It's exceptionally neat even in that denuded version.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    f3rret wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    Man am I super pumped that Warhammer: Vermintide is coming out really soon. I can almost taste those delicious ratmen corpses falling 'neath my hammer already.
    Should hopefully be some great coop fun!

EDIT - The Flame in the Flood is out today too?!
    My wallet...he aches.

Flame in the flood is still early access though, right? Anyone tried it yet?

It is currently but it's supposed to be officially released in 3 hours, according to Steam.

Pixie - I hear you! Shit indeed.
    But it looks so very nice.

Yeah, I don't see a price on the store page yet but if it's within my reach I'll be grabbing that the minute I get home tonight. I've been hyped for it for a while.

i had never heard of it, but it looks pretty awesome with awesome music

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    I had no idea Vermintide was a thing.

It seems like an awesome thing.

It do. But I'm holding out for some impressions and reviews before I make a decision.

I've got enough games to play, even ignoring that most of my game time is spent on D3 recently, that I don't need to jump the gun if the game turns out to not be worth the full price preorder or on release day. But I'm keeping an eye on it.

In other gaming news, booted up Distance for the first time last night. It's a pretty great experience. Somewhat soothing and unsettling at the same time. It's more like a puzzle and reaction game with a racing skin than a straight racing. I like it. My initial read way back when I saw it was that it reminded me of San Francisco Rush 2049 and Extreme-G. Which is still a vibe I get from the play. Going through the levels also has a pretty bad 'one more level' draw to it as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, that Warhammer game looks really cool. I love the asthetics and lore behind fantasy Warhammer, Warhammer Online was such a good game for that style. The graphics look a bit.. not the best, but Vermintide looks like it could be really fun if it works well.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    I keep hearing and seeing great things about MGSV but then someone linked a certain youtube video and now I won't play it on principle.
    You know the one
    What you don't?
    Okay I warned you
    Last chance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcyygfXIfzE
    Sure it's hilarious. Then you realize what the scene is suppose to look like.

Also the only games in the series is the first one (I don't think I beat it myself but I saw the ending) and I played through half of 2. The series is just too weird/anime for me.

That shit is going to fill approximately 0.01% of your playtime with the game.

This is something that actually annoys die hard MGS fans, there's so much game in here they feel like there isn't enough story and especially not enough crazy.

It's an open world game, first and foremost. The majority of your time is spent doing military stealth tactical gaming. The weird anime stuff is secondary this time around.

Would recommend to absolutely anyone especially people who didn't like the plots of previous metal gears but liked the tactical gameplay, because you can easily ignore the story this time and just play the game for hours and hours of awesome fun times.

I'll never play Goodbye Deponia due to one puzzle and that is a game series I care about much more than MGS. Admittedly I don't know if the scene in MGS is mandatory or optional but the fact that it exists makes it that much easier to ignore.

• Options
    Dude stares at woman's butt as she walks away.

Did I miss something? Is there more to it than that? Because I'm pretty sure that happens constantly, everywhere, all the time, IRL. Especially considering how she's dressed, I'd be 150% more surprised (and disbelieving) if military dudes out in the field did NOT stare at her butt...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I keep hearing and seeing great things about MGSV but then someone linked a certain youtube video and now I won't play it on principle.
    You know the one
    What you don't?
    Okay I warned you
    Last chance

Also the only games in the series is the first one (I don't think I beat it myself but I saw the ending) and I played through half of 2. The series is just too weird/anime for me.

This is something that actually annoys die hard MGS fans, there's so much game in here they feel like there isn't enough story and especially not enough crazy.

It's an open world game, first and foremost. The majority of your time is spent doing military stealth tactical gaming. The weird anime stuff is secondary this time around.

Would recommend to absolutely anyone especially people who didn't like the plots of previous metal gears but liked the tactical gameplay, because you can easily ignore the story this time and just play the game for hours and hours of awesome fun times.

I'll never play Goodbye Deponia due to one puzzle and that is a game series I care about much more than MGS. Admittedly I don't know if the scene in MGS is mandatory or optional but the fact that it exists makes it that much easier to ignore.

If you have a bit of trouble with Quiet in general (I seem to think that's your issue?) she's a far better character than what many seem to think (mainly due to her appearance.) Also, the game is completely awesome.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    You know the one
    What you don't?
    Okay I warned you
    Last chance

If you have a bit of trouble with Quiet in general (I seem to think that's your issue?) she's a far better character than what many seem to think (mainly due to her appearance.) Also, the game is completely awesome.
    Which is really part of the problem. She's a great character.....that gets treated so awfully and shamefully by the game every chance it gets. But there's a thread for this kinda discussion anyway.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options

Did I miss something? Is there more to it than that? Because I'm pretty sure that happens constantly, everywhere, all the time, IRL. Especially considering how she's dressed, I'd be 150% more surprised (and disbelieving) if military dudes out in the field did NOT stare at her butt...

Watch the full clip.

I understand this portrayal of women is endemic to the video game industry but it has to be pretty glaringly bad for me to roll my eyes and say "Yeah, fuck this."
    You know the one
    What you don't?
    Okay I warned you
    Last chance

There are plenty of seemingly one dimensional characters that have surprised me (Isabella from Dragon Age 2 comes to mind) but that development better be pretty forthcoming when she is so blatant of eye candy. I cannot claim moral high ground on this issue. I have never been that enamored with the MGS series. All that scene did was convince me that this game is not for me. I'm sure the rest of the game is awesome. No, I won't look down on people who play it. But for me I can safely ignore it now.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    I wish that model swap was an actual scene in the game.

• Options

Watch the full clip.

I understand this portrayal of women is endemic to the video game industry but it has to be pretty glaringly bad for me to roll my eyes and say "Yeah, fuck this."

Oh, I thought it ended at the fade to black.

Still not really fussed by it at all.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Zxerol wrote: »

Losing Demo Theater mode was one of the greatest loses of this generation.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Zxerol wrote: »

Losing Demo Theater mode was one of the greatest loses of this generation.

The single worst thing about the HD collection was losing that the Secret Theater.

Still, at least it's all on Youtube.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Grey PaladinGrey Paladin Registered User regular
    Undertale is seriously the best single player game I've ever played. I'm in awe.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Whoops.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Thank you to @Ed Gruberman, @Antoshka, @Pixelated Pixie, @Berylline and @Lindsay Lohan for the amazing gifts! I'm absolutely shattered after being up for 33 hrs but it's totally worth it! Sleep now, game later! <3

3tGDOei.jpg

xYdivau.jpg

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    A daily sale of Never Alone at $5, it's cheapest yet (bar Nuuvem)? Alright people jump on this deal.

wYdLsUZ.jpg

If you're itching to experience the mythos of another culture then check out the story of Never Alone, a paltformer based on the native Alaskan Iñupiat's tale of a girl and her fox trying to undo an eternal blizzard. It's charming and has a wealth of information in documentary videos unlocked during the game. This is a wonderful coach co-op game but still plays plenty well as singleplayer.

It plays for about three hours and can be considered easy as far as platformers go but I still highly recommend it.

2CW4Uwv.jpg

Thanks again to @Pimsy for my copy and @Heatwave for the expansion, Foxtales.

Karoz on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Iblis wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Iblis wrote: »
    Today "Rivals of Aether" entered Steam Early Access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zujDjI_tRBQ

Essentially it is a very competent Smash clone with a lot of crazy ideas and GBA style graphics. Both local and online multiplayer (though I haven't tried the online yet myself). Pretty solid and fun so far, the gameplay is more reminiscent of melee, fairly quick and combos are a distinct possibility, but it also seems pretty easy to pick up and play. All the characters seem pretty fun and have their own particular gimmick (though Zetterburn is probably the easiest to pick up and play). Think they want to have eight characters by launch (six currently).

Let's see if it handles better than Brawlhalla. Because I love Smash, and I wanted to give Brawlhalla a chance, but the slide-y, floaty way everything works drives me nuts.

It handles primarily like Smash, the only notably slippery character is Orcane (part of his gimmick as a trickster, he can do a dash into a sliding smash super well) and it's not really floaty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yWSeslyp5Q

The Best Friends Zaibatsu did a couple of casual matches as part of their FNF videos if that helps give people an impression.

I'm five minutes into the video now. It does look promising, and seems to handle quite well.

I am somewhat bleh that according to these guys they decided to keep wavedashing, though. Wavedashing was a really controller-intensive way to compensate mobility and allow for more attack options out of movement - Luigi's physics letting him wavedash really well gave him a mobility he didn't have in vanilla Melee, and made him a bit more playable, and many characters were helped by the ability to attack out of a WD. But when you're designing the game from the ground, why would you make a point of keeping it in instead of working any compensations you want wavedash to do into the basic design? It just seems like adding WD for the sake of telling peopel "hey look you can WD!".

Oh yeah, I agree on wavedashing. I completely forgot about it being in though, and none of the pro players I have seen seem to bother with it. So I am gonna assume it is just a novelty.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    While I can't speak for the newest versions of these games, I highly recommend both Galactic Civilizations 2 and Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes for the current sale price. Both are very, very good 4X games.

Sins of a Solar Empire is also great.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    Hi everybody! I am frothing at the mouth to get my hands on Undertale but currently broke...anyone who would be willing to trade an Undertale gift for a Don't Starve/Don't Starve Together or Left 4 Dead 2 Gift (or both) let me know!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Hi everybody! I am frothing at the mouth to get my hands on Undertale but currently broke...anyone who would be willing to trade an Undertale gift for a Don't Starve/Don't Starve Together or Left 4 Dead 2 Gift (or both) let me know!

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2.....

• Options
    Okay I played all of 15 minutes of Assault Android Cactus and I love it to death. It's been awhile before a bullet hell game has really grabbed me but it just hits the right spot and doesn't let go. A bunch of adorable android moppets with deadly, deadly weapons.

It just makes me even sadder that this game doesn't have online Co-op.

If anyone is interested it's still at 20% off ($12) until September 30th. It also has a demo.

Thanks again for gifting me this @Antoshka!

• Options
    I thought Flame in the Flood was releasing today, but it still says Early Access. Hrm.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    There was a lot of discussion about online multiplayer during Assault Android Cactus' early access cycle. It's a feature Witchbeam would really have liked to have in the game, they just didn't have the resources to do it. They didn't want any half assed features in the game (which is brilliantly polished beyond any sane expectations). I'm glad they stuck to it too because the game as a whole would have suffered if they chased that carrot. They've said that would make a great feature for a sequel or future project however, so hopefully they do well enough to make another.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    There was a lot of discussion about online multiplayer during Assault Android Cactus' early access cycle. It's a feature Witchbeam would really have liked to have in the game, they just didn't have the resources to do it. They didn't want any half assed features in the game (which is brilliantly polished beyond any sane expectations). I'm glad they stuck to it too because the game as a whole would have suffered if they chased that carrot. They've said that would make a great feature for a sequel or future project however, so hopefully they do well enough to make another.

I wonder if it would work with the Nvidia share thing people were trying out the other day

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    I thought Flame in the Flood was releasing today, but it still says Early Access. Hrm.

Apparently today was the release date for early access specifically. The way I had seen it worded before, it made it sound like today was official release day. Sorry to get your hopes up earlier!

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options

sstill has early access for me but it is listed at $20 to buy it

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

It might just be one of those glitches like with ... Paranautical Activity, I think it was... where the EA tag doesn't come off at the same time as the finished product launches. There's a price for it now which wasn't there earlier. I know that, once Armello announced they were going full release, the price disappeared and you couldn't buy it until it actually released a week later.

Edit: Or maybe it's that thing that Vamen said :)

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    mts wrote: »

Yeah. That's... disappointing. I was hoping for a bit less than that, or at least a release day discount price...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    mts wrote: »

Yeah. That's... disappointing. I was hoping for a bit less than that, or at least a release day discount price...

likewise. i probably would have jumped at 15, but 20 is more to the might as well wait since i have other stuff to play

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular

I saw that a couple of days ago. It really caught my eye with that cartoon style! It looks really good!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.