Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @CorriganX for Alchemy Mysteries Prague Legends and Sinister City! <3

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I can say right now, at least as VOs are concerned, I'd bet MGSV would have been a better game with David Hayter, even though he's gotten hammy as shit. So VOs can absolutely be a big part of the experience. Destiny gets away with it because the story is not really a draw of the game.

Yeah, developers should be getting paid more too but that's less a detraction from the actor's complaints and demands and more of an indictment of the industry's practices.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Officially eid for a while now but I'm still at work. Completely exhausted, been really busy but still half a shift to go. Decided to treat myself and picked up fifa 16..... On the PS4. Honestly it's just not the same playing a footie game on pc. I had 13 on Origin amd it played fine but felt odd.

Still haven't gotten Destiny expansion. Fuck that price gouging.

More importantly, I found out yesterday that playing on the tv means no nausea! Need to try out Big Picture Mode since I'm not near the keyboard but games play fine. It'll take some getting used to, squinting to see text in some games.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    So it turns out MGS V is really, really fun, and features a large range of somewhat bizarre mechanics with very little explanation. Having only played MGS 1, back in the PlayStation era, and Revengence, I have to say, its pretty weird in parts. Others, however can probably sell it a lot better than me.

The other big surprise is thanks to @Isorn a while back, with Rocket League. I'm honestly amazed at just how much fun this relatively simple concept is, and how polished the final product is. The soundtrack is also amazing fun to listen to. I'd highly recommend anyone looking for a fun way to spend time with some friends to pick it up, particularly if it ever goes on sale. It was a blast playing at a LAN party recently.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Dishonored turned out to be 500% more fun once I stopped trying to ghost my way through the entire game.

Another one off my backlog, at least!

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Dishonored turned out to be 500% more fun once I stopped trying to ghost my way through the entire game.

Another one off my backlog, at least!

Acting like a murderous lunatic isn't the only way to enjoy Dishonored, but boy does it help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hxGZRU4Y6k

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    It took me since yesterday but I finally have a new Dragon Age Inquisition character now. Onward to 100 hours of glory!

I hope you're mighty proud of yourself @DaringDirk ... My backlog hates you.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    So it turns out MGS V is really, really fun, and features a large range of somewhat bizarre mechanics with very little explanation. Having only played MGS 1, back in the PlayStation era, and Revengence, I have to say, its pretty weird in parts. Others, however can probably sell it a lot better than me.

One big thing MGSV gets right is that it's ditched the stealth is the only option idea for something more along the lines of Deus Ex and Dishonored where fighting your way out of a failed stealth attempt is still fun.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    It took me since yesterday but I finally have a new Dragon Age Inquisition character now. Onward to 100 hours of glory!

I hope you're mighty proud of yourself DaringDirk ... My backlog hates you.

I feel like the inner iris is more blue than you would usually allow. But, you didn't take the biggest challenge of making a Qunari, so there's still a possibility of more time in future.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Iblis wrote: »
    Today "Rivals of Aether" entered Steam Early Access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zujDjI_tRBQ

Essentially it is a very competent Smash clone with a lot of crazy ideas and GBA style graphics. Both local and online multiplayer (though I haven't tried the online yet myself). Pretty solid and fun so far, the gameplay is more reminiscent of melee, fairly quick and combos are a distinct possibility, but it also seems pretty easy to pick up and play. All the characters seem pretty fun and have their own particular gimmick (though Zetterburn is probably the easiest to pick up and play). Think they want to have eight characters by launch (six currently).

Let's see if it handles better than Brawlhalla. Because I love Smash, and I wanted to give Brawlhalla a chance, but the slide-y, floaty way everything works drives me nuts.

It handles primarily like Smash, the only notably slippery character is Orcane (part of his gimmick as a trickster, he can do a dash into a sliding smash super well) and it's not really floaty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yWSeslyp5Q

The Best Friends Zaibatsu did a couple of casual matches as part of their FNF videos if that helps give people an impression.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular

You can get a tape of someone pooping. You can hid in the john and play the tape so they won't find you there. The detail of some things is interesting.

You can make your horse poop.

If you get on a crate, you can fulton the crate, and you will get air lifted out of where you are.

These are a few things I've heard. I think the first one is the best.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »

You can get a tape of someone pooping. You can hid in the john and play the tape so they won't find you there. The detail of some things is interesting.

You can make your horse poop and make jeeps lose control when driving over it.

If you get on a crate, you can fulton the crate, and you will get air lifted out of where you are.

Missing important details here :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Just a reminder, Assault Android Cactus is now out of early access. With a little extra content (+1 playable androids, which means a whole new playstyle to learn... and it's a neat one).

Of course, I couldn't let them add a new android and screw up my one purple ring... (what happens on level select when you perfect a level with every character - the blue ones in the picture are just for doing it at all).

Disclaimer: The new android is in the pic, so if that somehow worries you... though really it's not like "can unlock X" is a huge spoiler I guess.
    758F00154297B3AA4BC5D6D1BCC6ACE611B419EA

Oh, and with release the leaderboards are reset. I redid the first boss to get a perfect again and see where that put me... #37. I'll settle for it I guess... it won't be that high for long, it wasn't remotely a perfect kill and Holly isn't the best single-target DPS (where she shines is tearing up multiple large enemies with her alt fire... a cannonball that basically one-shots anything except bosses and keeps on going. She's by far the most forgiving character in the game as a result as it will wreck face even after dying and losing all your upgrades)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    As someone who really enjoyed a ton of Binding of Isaac and, back in the day, Super Smash TV, is Assault Android Cactus something I could get into? I'm not super familiar with twin stick shooters.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    So I managed to get myself going again in Dark Souls 2: SOTFS. I've played to the Lost Bastille, which wasn't my favorite level to begin with, and the Pursuer really isn't making it any better.

Ugh.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »

You can make your horse poop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkjvIJos7zc

You can tag team enemies with your dog.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I keep hearing and seeing great things about MGSV but then someone linked a certain youtube video and now I won't play it on principle.
    You know the one
    What you don't?
    Okay I warned you
    Last chance
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcyygfXIfzE
    Sure it's hilarious. Then you realize what the scene is suppose to look like.

Also the only games I played in the series is the first one (I don't think I beat it myself but I saw the ending) and about half of 2. The series is just too weird/anime for me.

Karoz on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    signature.png
    signature.png

Sorry for not reposting sooner, caught up with my sexy new phone.

edit: I saw this on the steam store....
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/322160/

Afro Samurai 2: Kuma's tale.
    I was excited to see another Afro Samurai game out, and was excited to have more of kuma.....then i saw the video.....and heard rap that WAS NOT the Rza.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Drascin wrote: »
    Today "Rivals of Aether" entered Steam Early Access.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zujDjI_tRBQ

Essentially it is a very competent Smash clone with a lot of crazy ideas and GBA style graphics. Both local and online multiplayer (though I haven't tried the online yet myself). Pretty solid and fun so far, the gameplay is more reminiscent of melee, fairly quick and combos are a distinct possibility, but it also seems pretty easy to pick up and play. All the characters seem pretty fun and have their own particular gimmick (though Zetterburn is probably the easiest to pick up and play). Think they want to have eight characters by launch (six currently).

Let's see if it handles better than Brawlhalla. Because I love Smash, and I wanted to give Brawlhalla a chance, but the slide-y, floaty way everything works drives me nuts.

It handles primarily like Smash, the only notably slippery character is Orcane (part of his gimmick as a trickster, he can do a dash into a sliding smash super well) and it's not really floaty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yWSeslyp5Q

The Best Friends Zaibatsu did a couple of casual matches as part of their FNF videos if that helps give people an impression.

I'm five minutes into the video now. It does look promising, and seems to handle quite well.

I am somewhat bleh that according to these guys they decided to keep wavedashing, though. Wavedashing was a really controller-intensive way to compensate mobility and allow for more attack options out of movement - Luigi's physics letting him wavedash really well gave him a mobility he didn't have in vanilla Melee, and made him a bit more playable, and many characters were helped by the ability to attack out of a WD. But when you're designing the game from the ground, why would you make a point of keeping it in instead of working any compensations you want wavedash to do into the basic design? It just seems like adding WD for the sake of telling peopel "hey look you can WD!".

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Big thanks to @Viking for the gift of Panoramical and even more lovelier message to go with it! <3

Thanks mate.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    I keep hearing and seeing great things about MGSV but then someone linked a certain youtube video and now I won't play it on principle.
    You know the one
    What you don't?
    Okay I warned you
    Last chance

Also the only games in the series is the first one (I don't think I beat it myself but I saw the ending) and I played through half of 2. The series is just too weird/anime for me.

That shit is going to fill approximately 0.01% of your playtime with the game.

This is something that actually annoys die hard MGS fans, there's so much game in here they feel like there isn't enough story and especially not enough crazy.

It's an open world game, first and foremost. The majority of your time is spent doing military stealth tactical gaming. The weird anime stuff is secondary this time around.

Would recommend to absolutely anyone especially people who didn't like the plots of previous metal gears but liked the tactical gameplay, because you can easily ignore the story this time and just play the game for hours and hours of awesome fun times.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    EID Mubarak to everyone. Got my hdd today so that will be going in tonight! Thanks again @Viking for the gift, can't wait to dive into it.

And I guess next poster already in my friends list gets a gift.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    7NrZBBK.png

@Antoshka is a dick, making me post a thank you here just to receive Isy's ire. BUT THE JOKES ON HIM. @Big Classy is going to gift Antoshka, and not me. Fuck you Kiwi.

but seriously thanks for 20xx, it looks amazing. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    7NrZBBK.png

@Antoshka is a dick, making me post a thank you here just to receive Isy's ire. BUT THE JOKES ON HIM. @Big Classy is going to gift Antoshka, and not me. Fuck you Kiwi.

but seriously thanks for 20xx, it looks amazing. <3

That looks downright shamelessly Megaman-ish.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Its a randomly generated coop platformer, where you gather upgrades and stuff. Its very megaman X-ish, but multiplaye rand randomly generated. Ive been playing 5 minutes and im loving how it feels so far.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I've always been sensitive about my structural designs being pretty poor. And also not pretty.

m0VxDry.png

@Big Classy obviously wants me to improve that. Thanks!
    Monster <3

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    Argh, @Big Classy will not be diverted, at least not without getting me too. :(

gsUIzn1.png

Thanks so much Isy. <3<3<3

ZBZEdOO.jpg

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Jazz wrote: »
    Wait - the PC version of BG&E doesn't have controller support?
    It comes from that era before Xinput ubiquity, so honestly it's not too surprising... Pinnacle/Xpadder/etc might be fine with it, though.
    I remember using JoytoKey myself the first time I played BG&E on PC. I was even able to control the camera using the mouse emulation.
    If you want a free and open alternative to any of those (I think the latest Joytokey versions were not free) you can also try Antimicro.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    Wait - the PC version of BG&E doesn't have controller support?
    It comes from that era before Xinput ubiquity, so honestly it's not too surprising... Pinnacle/Xpadder/etc might be fine with it, though.
    I remember using JoytoKey myself the first time I played BG&E on PC. I was even able to control the camera using the mouse emulation.
    If you want a free and open alternative to any of those (I think the latest Joytokey versions were not free) you can also try Antimicro.

Actually it is a little bizarre that it has no controller support natively. I was just thinking about dear old BloodRayne 2, which is of a similar age, and which has Dinput support if I remember right. It took a bit of prodding to get it working happily with my 360 controller, but it does without needing Pinnacle.

Thinking about it, I pretty much just use Pinnacle for the Mass Effects (because goddammit Bioware). Although it was fun trying it with UT99. That's a riot.

Karoz wrote: »
    You know the one
    What you don't?
    Okay I warned you
    Last chance

Also the only games in the series is the first one (I don't think I beat it myself but I saw the ending) and I played through half of 2. The series is just too weird/anime for me.

That shit is going to fill approximately 0.01% of your playtime with the game.

This is something that actually annoys die hard MGS fans, there's so much game in here they feel like there isn't enough story and especially not enough crazy.

It's an open world game, first and foremost. The majority of your time is spent doing military stealth tactical gaming. The weird anime stuff is secondary this time around.

Would recommend to absolutely anyone especially people who didn't like the plots of previous metal gears but liked the tactical gameplay, because you can easily ignore the story this time and just play the game for hours and hours of awesome fun times.

Speaking as a die-hard Metal Gear fan, MGS5 has enough crazy for me (there needs to be some, just wouldn't be Metal Gear otherwise :wink: ), but the game part of the game is leagues ahead of anything the series has done before. I'm replaying MGS4 now and that game has not held up very well, and I'm someone who replays MGS3 every year or two at least and considers it one of the very best games ever made, just so you know where I'm coming from.

It's probably not coincidental that my favourite MGSes are 1, 3, and 5 (not necessarily in that order) and that they're the ones that are less reliant on the craziness and massively long codec calls and cutscenes, and bigger on actual game. I like 2 and 4, sure, and they have their brilliant moments (Act 4 of MGS4, anyone?), but they're the weaker links by a long way and sometimes you do feel like you're playing 30 seconds of game before another ten-minute cutscene.

I would love to see 1 get a re-release and 3 get a release on PC at some point. 2 and Peace Walker will if 3 ever does (HD Collection port plz!), and 4 just never will because it's too wrapped up in PS3 DNA.

But yeah. MGS5 is a fantastic stealth action open-world game where the batshit takes a back seat 98% of the time, and you don't need to be familiar with the whole series to enjoy it. Would highly recommend to anyone, especially those wary of Metal Gear, actually.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Oh? Is it a Gift Isy Holiday today?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Man am I super pumped that Warhammer: Vermintide is coming out really soon. I can almost taste those delicious ratmen corpses falling 'neath my hammer already.
    Should hopefully be some great coop fun!

EDIT - The Flame in the Flood is out today too?!
    My wallet...he aches.

vamen on
  • Options
    Awww shit, that's a lot of gifts! I'll post a proper gift get later, guests here but man....thank you everyone!

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Assault Android Cactus!

Yaaaaaay

Finally. I've loved this since playing the damn demo two years ago. So nice.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    vamen wrote: »
    My wallet...he aches.

It is? Well shit.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Man am I super pumped that Warhammer: Vermintide is coming out really soon. I can almost taste those delicious ratmen corpses falling 'neath my hammer already.

My wallet...he aches.

Flame in the flood is still early access though, right? Anyone tried it yet?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Awww shit, that's a lot of gifts! I'll post a proper gift get later, guests here but man....thank you everyone!

Reminder: Everything is @CorriganX's fault.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »

My wallet...he aches.

It is currently but it's supposed to be officially released in 3 hours, according to Steam.

Pixie - I hear you! Shit indeed.
    But it looks so very nice.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Assault Android Cactus!

Yaaaaaay

Finally. I've loved this since playing the damn demo two years ago. So nice.

A demo you say?
    As someone who really enjoyed a ton of Binding of Isaac and, back in the day, Super Smash TV, is Assault Android Cactus something I could get into? I'm not super familiar with twin stick shooters.

@mildlymorbid I think that may help.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Every day ought to be a Gift Isy Holiday.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    f3rret wrote: »

My wallet...he aches.

It is currently but it's supposed to be officially released in 3 hours, according to Steam.

Pixie - I hear you! Shit indeed.
    But it looks so very nice.

Yeah, I don't see a price on the store page yet but if it's within my reach I'll be grabbing that the minute I get home tonight. I've been hyped for it for a while.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.