As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, YOU La Mog! [Magic: the Gathering] Thread to praise Taramoor because

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »
    Gideon, master strategist
    "Nissa," Gideon said, launching into the details of his plan even as he worked it out. "You will lead two land contingents. And by land, I mean, you know, the actual land. The dirt and rock and all that." Gideon mimicked the striding movement of one of Nissa's elementals.

Also I guess if you ship GideonxJace
    "I think I found something you've been looking for, Commander-General." Ebi waved behind him, and Gideon caught a glimpse of something blue moving on the other side of the door—something blue he recognized...

"Jace!" Gideon could breathe again.

The mind mage stepped across the threshold. "Look who has been practicing his powers of prediction."

Gideon closed the distance and embraced the smaller man, slapping him on the shoulder. Jace was always so tense

Ship Gideon/Jace where Jace is the top.

And then Ral Zarek Walks in

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    "Nissa," Gideon said, launching into the details of his plan even as he worked it out. "You will lead two land contingents. And by land, I mean, you know, the actual land. The dirt and rock and all that." Gideon mimicked the striding movement of one of Nissa's elementals.

"I think I found something you've been looking for, Commander-General." Ebi waved behind him, and Gideon caught a glimpse of something blue moving on the other side of the door—something blue he recognized...

The mind mage stepped across the threshold. "Look who has been practicing his powers of prediction."

Gideon closed the distance and embraced the smaller man, slapping him on the shoulder. Jace was always so tense

please, as if

The Betgirl on
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

And then Ral Zarek Walks in

And puts on his robe and wizard hat

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    So far there's nothing noteworthy, unless you ship KioraxDrana.
    Kiora's stomach fluttered. Yes. She didn't care about the technicalities, the vampire was on her side.

EDIT:
    "Only the most powerful artifact on all of Zendikar—you're welcome. More powerful than the hedrons." She eyed Tazri. "Those rocks have been here forever, and I haven't seen them do anything to stop the Eldrazi. This, on the other hand, this is new. Watch." She swept the bident outward, calling the tide, and as she swept it in again, a perfectly aimed wave from the sea rose up and shot straight through the window without so much as brushing the frame. It rained down on those in the room.

"Wow."

oh my god kill me

later

• Options

please, as if

I could maybe buy jace as a power bottom, but ain't no way homeboy is a top

• Options
    that dork talks a big game but you know as soon as someone gets forceful he's into it

• Options
    I never realize how much I picked up from having a gay roommate for years until conversations like these

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

please, as if

I could maybe buy jace as a power bottom, but ain't no way homeboy is a top

It's not that Jace is a top, it's that Gideon much prefers being a bottom. And he's stronger than Jace. So he can, like...is that what a power bottom is?

• Options
    I mean blue is a pretty verse color

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    in what world does gideon want to bottom

• Options
    like if you wanna come in here and tell me that tibalt is a switch, sure, i believe you

the rest of this? nah

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I mean

Maybe Gideon likes to have some part of his life where he doesn't have to drive

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    for sure

but i don't think gideon could give up the wheel if he wanted to

• Options
    I mean even if that's true the top doesn't necessarily drive, Gideon could still lead from the front and have somebody else take up his the rear

Just, look, I'm not saying that I'm looking around deviant art right now to try and find the right person to commission a picture of Jace totally railing Gideon

But I'm not not saying that either

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    like if you wanna come in here and tell me that tibalt is a switch, sure, i believe you

the rest of this? nah

Let not pretend that Tibalt is getting any.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    Gideon's all about making other people "attack" him

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    You think Kytheon always wanted to drive but wasn't able to, and now that he's Gideon he's a NASCAR star?

• Options

the rest of this? nah

Let not pretend that Tibalt is getting any.

i don't think i ever said that!
    You think Kytheon always wanted to drive but wasn't able to, and now that he's Gideon he's a NASCAR star?

Kytheon was a child

• Options
    Kharnor wrote: »
    Gideon's all about making other people "attack" him

e67GmZL.png

i rest my case

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    If these colorless basic land things are real, and who knows if they are, I have some pragmatic gameplay concerns.

If they are indeed Basics - ie you can play as many as you want - and not something you have to draft (which, given the designs seen - again if real - they sure seem to be), how do we actually add them to our decks?

Like... At the prerelease? Or any draft if you havent BOUGHT a bunch? Or a GP even?

Most people won't HAVE any! Are they gonna ship a shitton to each store for their land stations? Do we just play off color regular basics and scribble "Wastes" on them? Like... what's the play here?

Edit: it's also incredible parasitic design which really limits it's use. Like that Kozilek. It basically becomes unplayable in eternal formats since you have to add these special lamds that are useless to cast anything else to your deck. The cards would have to be obscenely powerful to even make the deckbuilding price worth paying even in Standard.

I dunno. I'm not wild about this

APODionysus on
  • Options
    If these colorless basic land things are real, and who knows if they are, I have some pragmatic gameplay concerns.

If they are indeed Basics - ie you can play as many as you want - and not something you have to draft (which, given the designs seen - again if real - they sure seem to be), how do we actually add them to our decks?

Like... At the prerelease? Or any draft if you havent BOUGHT a bunch? Or a GP even?

Most people won't HAVE any! Are they gonna ship a shitton to each store for their land stations? Do we just play off color regular basics and scribble "Wastes" on them? Like... what's the play here?

if it is real they will probably supply them to stores

it's not that difficult to do so

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I would suspect a reasonable amount will be included with each prerelease box.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    also introducing something unplayable in eternal formats to standard isn't a big deal

that happens all the time

• Options
    edited November 2015
    also introducing something unplayable in eternal formats to standard isn't a big deal

Yeah but they try not to make things that specifically can't be.

This is far closer to splice with arcane then I would have thought they would do.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options

This is far closer to splice with arcane then I would have thought they would do.

Yeah you aren't wrong. I think it's pretty harmless in the long run though? It's not like there isn't a bunch of other stuff already packed into BFZ itself that'll see play. And this is only a pair of cards (so far) in OGW.

• Options

Splice onto Arcane is exactly what I was thinking of, particularly regarding MaRo's comments on it and parasitic design.

Like the deckbuilding cost of adding colorless basics to your deck is so high these cards may not even see STANDARD play unless they are ridiculous.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    The one cool theory about this land that I would have been cool with was if it was a token instead so that they could print cheap land destruction that gave waste land tokens.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    Jace was always so tense

• Options
    It's possible there will also be other ways to produce the mana. Like a Channeler-esque Eldrazi Dork.

Again if this is all real. It's interesting to note that I didn't see any Hedrons in the Basic land art which given the art proclivities we've seen is surprising

• Options
    If it's representing Eldrazi land it's not all that surprising. They don't use the hedrons, they're hurt by the hedrons.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    It feels like they should errata Kozilek's Channeler for this, at the least.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    And temple of the false gods.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    And temple of the false gods.

But why?

245.jpg

This is a man-made structure. It has nothing to do with the Eldrazi in the way Wastes does, so it shouldn't make the diamond mana.

Kozilek's Channeler doesn't have to produce diamond mana for it to be eldrazi related, there are still purely colorless eldrazi!

• Options
    That stance assumes a functional difference between the Eldrazi before and after the next set. And there may be!

My gut instinct though is that diamond mana will be defined to include colorless mana produced by Wastes and Eldrazi creatures. This is a wild guess, but I feel pretty strongly about it, pretty much because of the existence of Eldrazi Scion tokens. I don't believe they'd be cut out of Oath entirely and they could provide another way for Devoid eldrazi decks to run Diamond eldrazi (assuming many more than Kozilek exist) in limited.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i will eat my butt if they errata cards and tokens from the big set they just printed to work with this diamond business

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Why are we assuming that Diamond mana isn't just a way of indicating a requirement for a specifically colorless source? Just because Mirrorpool is templated as creating Diamond mana?

• Options
    i will eat my butt if they errata cards and tokens from the big set they just printed to work with this diamond business

Agreed. We know they don't like to errata cards if they don't have to. And it's not like they didn't know this shakeup was coming. This isn't errataing cards from 10 years ago because of something new they did that required it that couldn't have been foreseen.

I HIGHLY doubt we'll see errataing.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Why are we assuming that Diamond mana isn't just a way of indicating a requirement for a specifically colorless source? Just because Mirrorpool is templated as creating Diamond mana?

OBVIOUSLY

no but if these leaks are real, that possibility seems like something that would warrant reminder text. i spose these are mythics with a bunch of text already, but... i dunno

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    metaghost wrote: »

It could be. We would just have to kind of accept the kind of Vorthos shenanigans about Kozilek being played with a Hedron Archive. What I lay out doesn't even need to be an errata issue though. It depends on how diamond mana costs are defined. If the definition includes Eldrazi creatures (like how snow mana includes all Snow permanents), scions still sac for 1, that 1 can just be used to pay <> costs. Information like that wouldn't be on Kozilek and Mirrorpool because that kind of reminder text isn't on cards of those rarities (Okay, it is if they can fit it, but in this case looks like no).

Ilpala on
    Fuck Joe Manchin
This discussion has been closed.