As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, YOU La Mog! [Magic: the Gathering] Thread to praise Taramoor because

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    So Phyrexians have mana. Eldrazi have mana.

Where is my Bolas Mana?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    1 Bolas mana = UUBBBRR

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    All mana belongs to Bolas.

Also the eldrazi mana is cool but I'm not convinced that they would make a new mana type and then not include reminder text for it on every card where it occurs (has any new mechanic done that in recent sets?)

Maybe something with reminder text will leak and it turns out to be incredibly simple who knows

Id fake those are pretty good ones though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Mythics almost never have reminder text

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    The Phyrexian Mana cards all had "(X can be paid with either B or 2 life.)" on them. There weren't any at Mythic though. My thought is, if that were going to be a thing, it would be written on the cards.

That said, we're assuming that this is just a mechanic for this set. It's possible, if unlikely, that it could be evergreen.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    allegedly the mods at mtgsalvation contacted one of their sources and the leaks were confirmed legit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    My prediction: the leaks are "legit" in that they came from WotC, but are part of a deceptive marketing tactic for the sort of players who comb for spoilers; Kozilek is the deceiver of the Eldrazi, the "butcher of Truth/Great Distortion," so it would be in his character to try and fool the fans.

On the other hand, that would set them up for inevitable disappointed comparisons when the real one got revealed, unless it was insanely good.

Oh and apparently they recently just changed whatever {C} used to be the code for, presumably so it can now be used for "colorless"? Seeming more legit now.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The price on inkmoth nexus has been dropping for the last few weeks, picked up two at 16 each. Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone was looking to nab a set.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Lamtern Control does not run Inkmouth so Im not interested.

I say this because now that my new job seems to be going so well, I might be able to soon start building Lantern in Paper. A store relatively nearby even does Modern Mondays, so I'll have a place to play it!

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    that is... tempting

• Options
    On the flip side to picking up Inkmoth on the cheap, I am thinking about building a deck with Conifer Strider to take to FNM.

• Options
    Oh god.

Owen is the guest on LR this week. This... is gonna be a slog to listen to.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    E.Coyote wrote: »
    The price on inkmoth nexus has been dropping for the last few weeks, picked up two at 16 each. Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone was looking to nab a set.

That's tempting. I've been lazily picking up affinity pieces with credit, but I figured I'd just wait for the more money parts to get reprinted by the next mm...

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    On the flip side to picking up Inkmoth on the cheap, I am thinking about building a deck with Conifer Strider to take to FNM.

I respect it and would build it if crackling doom wasn't incredibly popular.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I might be getting a new job that will let me start going to FNM again and I'm overjoyed at this possibility

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I been playing some cockatrice to try and get my modern legs back. Its has not helped. Its amazing how nobody on there seems to have any concept of what tournament magic looks like. Dude if I have three amulets out and attack with Primetime you are NOT taking 12 and why in the world did you tap out against me anyway are you serious?

How am I supposed to get used to playing around stuff if everybody is just gonna play right into my combo?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I been playing some cockatrice to try and get my modern legs back. Its has not helped. Its amazing how nobody on there seems to have any concept of what tournament magic looks like. Dude if I have three amulets out and attack with Primetime you are NOT taking 12 and why in the world did you tap out against me anyway are you serious?

How am I supposed to get used to playing around stuff if everybody is just gonna play right into my combo?

I don't know if it's up to amulet triggers snuff but xmage has an actual rules engine

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Xmage can handle my Nekusar EDH deck...it can handle the puny amount of amulet bloom triggers. Plus, no way is there a T1 deck in any format (other than EDH) that doesn't have all the tools needed to function.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I mean...it's just like snow mana right? No big deal...

I like it, thematically, though.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm pretty sure the new mana isn't even anything new mechanically in the game. It's just the first time things care about colorless mana costs. It seems like the equivalent of 2gg meaning" 2 green 2 anything" so 2cc would just be "2 colorless 2 anything"

So "tap add 2" still works for colorless mana, but instead of only being useable for the generic part of a mana cost it could now hit colorless as a type if the spell requires it.

That's how I read it at least.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    That's a possibility; the only snag I can see is that the land produces <> rather than just 1 colorless. I think if it is the case that <> as a cost means "only pay with actual colorless mana," then either <> as produced mana is somehow distinct from 1 as produced mana (can only be used to pay for <> costs, not even regular generic mana costs?) or it will come with functional errata for previous colorless producers, making it an across-the-board thing that things that produce colorless mana now produce that number of <>, e.g. Sol Ring now says "T: Add <> <> to your mana pool."

Both are pretty confusing, if nothing else.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    It may be the new snow mana, but that would be weird.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    kozilek appears on zendikar, makes everything very cold

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    That kozilek could just be messing with our minds

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Snowzilek mana?

• Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So, Modern Nexus has an article about the recent "being salty is A-OK" movement:
    Two weeks ago, a Christ Kallas article from The Meadery showed up in my newsfeed. “The Complete(ly Serious) Guide to Pre, Post, and Mid Game Social Interactions” lampoons awkward interactions between players by blowing negative stereotypes out of proportion. The article had me laughing out loud, and not because its jokes are funny – they aren’t – but because the “exaggerated” depictions of socially inept players accurately resemble many Magic players I meet.

An infinitely more readable (if as flowery) article from Christopher Morris-Lent, titled “The Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour Sucks,” struck a chord with me on a similar level. Every step I’ve taken in my Magic career has brought me to higher levels of competition, and in each setting I’ve perceived toxic behavior. With GP Pittsburgh one day away, I’ve elected to spend my column tackling a little-discussed aspect of Magic theory crucial to optimal tournament performance: productive attitudes.

Is a fairly good article, with some bonus calling out PV and Owen for being gooses.

• Options

Kozilek: WHAT UP BITCHEZZZZZZ
    Ulamog: hey guys im still here...

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I don't like that art. The angle of view puts the Superfriends on too even a footing with Koz-Mog.

They should be smaller and have to look at a much sharper angle to drive home the whole "insurmountable odds" aspect.

Though I am glad the Eldrazi aren't looking down at or acknowledging the Superfriends in any way.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I still really hope Kiora just thinks the other walkers are nerds and went her own way, rather than something happening to her...

• Options
    Kiora just triggered like 5 death flags, sorry.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    kiora woke up feelin like she could take on the whole empire herself

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Where the hell is Ashiok huh? Off doing cool mill shit where no one can see?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I can't help but see 4 comic book speech bubbles in that picture, all saying

"For Zendikar!"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    The zendikar four battled for zendikar with the forgone conclusion that forces beyond understanding had forsaken them to formulate their own forbidden plans to save seagate renamed fortzendicar

-k kreines

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    The Battle of Fort Zendikar?

I like it

very catchy

• Options
    I can't help but see 4 comic book speech bubbles in that picture, all saying

"For Zendikar!"

Well NOW I can't NOT see that. Thanks.

• Options
    "I've made a tiny model of the plane out of sheep milk cheese. I call it my Roquefort Zendikar."

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    gw megamorph continues to be extremely boring but good

my buddy and I were x-0 and decided to draw in the last round so that we could go play smash 64 instead

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I didn't get to play tonight because the shop was running a legacy IQ

really looking forward to the friday rotation switching to just standard and modern next month

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    oh we also playtested new ezuri edh vs my geralf in some 1v1s

granted geralf isn't great for 1v1 duels, but ezuri seemed rough to handle solo

7yh4xczljsym.png
This discussion has been closed.