As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, YOU La Mog! [Magic: the Gathering] Thread to praise Taramoor because

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    build a coolman legacy deck

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    4-0d sealed FNM tonight, managed to get the nut pool for lifegain/ally. Drana's Emmissary, Kalastria Healer, Lantern Scout, Emeria Shepherd + Hedron Archive, Bloodbond Vampire, Malakir Familiar, even March from the Tombs. Got the Shepherd/Archive combo going twice - so unfair.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Had the first time playing BfZ where I had legitimate fun tonight and not just the kind of fun that happens when people get salty. (People still got hella salty)

Had a Bane of Bala Ged and Halimar Tidecaller on the Board with a Dampening Pulse shutting down Benthic Infiltrator but not the 3/3 Manta Rider presenting lethal next turn and my opponent down to 2 lands from repeated Bane chump blocks. I still had the Scatter in my hand from the Halimar Tidecaller, so I sacced my Spawning bed at end step to give me 3 spawns and 7 lands, He blew up his last two lands from the Bane, so when he tried to swing in for lethal I countered my own Grave Birthing to block with my flying land since I knew the one play he could have possibly had left was a clutch of currents.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    that new ezuri is super busted, blackbeard

very good stuff on good draws

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    i mean he almost instantly lost pretty early because i won a clash on scattering stroke w/ geralf, so i was one mana off from a t5 old ulamog

i couldn't deal with it at most points after that though 1v1

i'm probably putting naya giants back together though, all the things I need from the new sets are gonna run me a whopping 11 dollars. all the stuff in stock anyway, scg doesn't have blade of selves in stock and i should consider myself lucky i guess because 15$. too lazy/tired to look elsewhere right now

they dont have any karlovs either but him i just want for tiny leaders

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Kiora just triggered like 5 death flags, sorry.

my pet theory is that kozilek is going to control kiora in an attempt to communicate with the team

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Do you know any cosi stories? Cosi stories are my favorite.

Also, players meeting for GP Pitt. Let's see how this goes. If nothing else I'll get my goblin guide play at signed

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    holy shit i didn't know that gp pittsburgh had a goblin guide playmat my day is ruined.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Kiora just triggered like 5 death flags, sorry.

my pet theory is that kozilek is going to control kiora in an attempt to communicate with the team

would be interesting

death is too "obvious" (based on how suicidally overconfident she behaved), too easy, and too unlikely for such a new walker

kiora is the one who likes cosi stories, so such a boneheadedly simple plan as "I'm gonna kill ulamog cause I rule" could be a feint. There's no cosi in that plan! I've no idea what else she'd be planning or particularly wanting, though, and she has certainly proved herself to be as rash and arrogant as her stated plan suggests

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    She's gonna steal an ulamog tentacle and planeswalk away

• Options
    i mean he almost instantly lost pretty early because i won a clash on scattering stroke w/ geralf, so i was one mana off from a t5 old ulamog

i couldn't deal with it at most points after that though 1v1

i'm probably putting naya giants back together though, all the things I need from the new sets are gonna run me a whopping 11 dollars. all the stuff in stock anyway, scg doesn't have blade of selves in stock and i should consider myself lucky i guess because 15$. too lazy/tired to look elsewhere right now

they dont have any karlovs either but him i just want for tiny leaders

Oh nice, I picked up blade of selves for 6. I put it on an e. wit last night and was able to rift as many times as I wanted until the blade got blown up

Card's busted

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    i wanna put it on a borderland behemoth in naya giants because reasons

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    why is scg not doing coverage of the kansas city open

why are they making me watch wotc's shitty gp pittsburgh coverage

• Options
    i wanna put it on a borderland behemoth in naya giants because reasons

well now that's just mean

• Options
    put a blade of selves on a relentless rat

not because it's necessarily any good, but just because i like rat and apostle decks in commander because it's Dumb

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Where the hell is Ashiok huh? Off doing cool mill shit where no one can see?

Last thing that I read is that, since Theros gods come from belief, he's using his mind magic to make new Gods. Ephara busted his protptype and smashed it.

On lore, reading /tg/, finally found a way to describe why Jace bothers me so much, in the answer of "Which walker is the worst?":
    Jace, I'm tired of Jace: the Jacening. And I hate how everytime Gideon got some spotlight, Jace instantly came to make it all about Jace both in the game and in the story.

And now he's doing the same to Sorin, in his own homeplane.

It's like he's a petty nerd's wet dream of being soo much cooler and smarter than the black thug, the handsome muscular jock and the tall dark and broody goth that made fun of him at school. And of course he gets to fuck Liliana and have an elf waifu falling head over heels for him and even get some shipbait with Chandra.

• Options
    i would really mind jace a lot less if there weren't so many people trying to fuck him

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TryCatcher wrote: »

Last thing that I read is that, since Theros gods come from belief, he's using his mind magic to make new Gods. Ephara busted his protptype and smashed it.

ashiok does not have a gender and is officially refered to with "they" pronouns

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i wouldn't mind jace if those people would stop just trying and we finally got some card art with planeswalkers graphically fucking

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    of course owen turtenwald is a pile shuffler

• Options
    i'm honestly kind of digging turtenwald's "itinerant magic nerd" look for him

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    i would really mind jace a lot less if there weren't so many people trying to fuck him

The only reason I can stand Jace is that all the boy walkers want to fuck him

Except Garruck I guess, he just wants to murder Jace which is just as good

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    If Garruk ever runs into Jace again I'm not sure there's anything Jace can do to avoid getting utterly annihilated. Garruk's new resolve should make him essentially immune to mind control, and he's a tremendous badass now.

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    So, garruk splits jace in half and lili brings him back? A zombie jace seems pretty well suited to innistrad.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

... do I need to actually start reading lore.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »

in all seriousness,

no

• Options

if you're hoping for outright "boy i'd like to fuck him" and not just "hmm, i respect this man. as another man, i will now be shipped with him" you're going to be disappointed

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i'm not having this conversation again don't do this to me

• Options
    I don't think you're giving my shipping ability enough credit here.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular

I'm pretty sure it's just a product of these forums reading too much into things

Like... 70% sure

There was one story about Ral Zarek trying to keep walkers a secret from Niv-Mizzet because Niv would totally start killing and dissecting them if he knew, and Niv is on to the fact that Jace is mysteriously disappearing from Ravnica all the time. Niv puts Ral in charge of figuring out where Jace is going, and he and Jace work together to keep Niv in the dark even though they kinda hate each other. In the end, Ral and Jace reveal a level of mutual respect for each other.

I honestly didn't read more into that than "two competing nerds realize that demonizing each other is less productive than working together" but hey whatever floats your boat.

• Options
    KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    TryCatcher wrote: »

ashiok does not have a gender and is officially refered to with "they" pronouns

Actually, Ashiok is officially referred to with "Ashiok" pronouns

• Options
    so GP pitts is apparently a total mess

at 3:40 local time, the 5th round had only just started

no one is running side events - the 12 pm modern side started two hours later

all of the women's washrooms were re-labeled men's washrooms. if you were a woman and you needed to pee you were supposed to use the family washrooms, one of which was broken

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    No. Not Pittsburgh. I refuse to believe Pittsburgh of all places could be such a colossal disappointment.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Pittsburgh isn't that bad... :(

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Let's.. ignore how desperate I am to move several states away from here.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Indy has an open on my birthday in 2016. I couldn't be more excited. March 18-20 isn't rotation weekend again is it?

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

all of the women's washrooms were re-labeled men's washrooms. if you were a woman and you needed to pee you were supposed to use the family washrooms, one of which was broken

Where are you reading all this? I crave magic dramma

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

if you're hoping for outright "boy i'd like to fuck him" and not just "hmm, i respect this man. as another man, i will now be shipped with him" you're going to be disappointed

it's all about the subtle subtext as explained in my 33 chapter story on fanfiction dot net

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Whippy wrote: »

reddit

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

We are just starting round 7 side events just started around 5. The womensbathrooms have been annexed by the menfolk. It's terrible. Round 3 went to +30 of time

This discussion has been closed.