Options

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Some of you guys don't know what pay to win means. If you can buy the thing, it has to be BETTER than what you can't buy.

So if you can buy any exotic currently out, that is not pay to win. That's paying to save time needed to find it.

If you can buy an item that is better than what's currently out, that's pay to win.

Kind of a really important distinction since some butts are being clenched.

And I am telling you right now, that if the bolded becomes a thing, I am done with this game.
    I can agree with that.

There's no way I can afford to play a game with that kind of model.

o.0

But you can afford the time to play the game as it exists now

I don't understand how others shortcutting the RNG would affect you any more than others being really lucky affects you now (ie. people that never got Gjallerhorn Year 1 until Xur sold it).

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I had these on my Warlock, totally forgot about them apparently 8-)

2z8uq6a.png

(Yes, I know there are 2 Insurmountable Skullforts in the picture, Y1 version has been dismantled)

wait wait wait

theres different abilities on no backup plans

not just "force barrier lasts longer"

HOW DO I GET THOSE

All the year 2 versions have been updated with that.

!!

That is a really awesome change holy shit
    Tell me about it.

Once I finish this double-kill bounty, I'm switching to Defender.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    defender shotgun? tell me more arch link

Immobius. You get the quest to get it when you hit rank 3 at the gunsmith on a Titan. It's pretty awesome, even if you aren't specifically playing an Armor of Light defender.

Rank 2, rank 3 is for the Fabian Strategy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    nm this thread moves too fast for me

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    God this download is slow. It's better than doing 18GB for sure, but it's waaayyy slower than I know my connection is.

PSN update servers must be getting hammered.

'Cannot download. Data is corrupted.'

FUUUUUUUUCK

Finally managed to get it to go again.

If that happens again though... god I'm going to be pissed. Might leave it till tomorrow to try again.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    So

People have datamined consumables from the Eververse inventory.

There is one that levels a subclass completely. :rotate:

It begins

Still not Pay to Win. That's the kind of thing I would absolutely pay for if I felt like deleting a character and doing it over again. I have absolutely zero problem with this because it's just a time sink I'm avoiding. Now, buying gear? No. I do not want that. Full stop, get off my lawn, what's the matter with kids today?

Ships, Shaders, Sparrows Emblems, Emotes, Level-Me-Ups are all A-OK by me.
    Primaries, Specials, Heavies, any armor (including class), Ghosts, Artifacts: fuck no.

But gear is just a timesink too, right? I mean if you can buy gear with silver you are just avoiding the RNG timesink. No different than avoiding the experience timesink everyone else has put into their subclasses...

If you can buy the same gear, sure. It doesn't matter one whit to my experience if everyone and their brother can buy a Hawkmoon for $5.

It would bug me if there were a Hawkmoon that does Void damage that you could only get by paying $5. I'd probably buy one but it'd be lame I couldn't get it otherwise.

If people can go spend $50 to buy a level 40 character with all their subclass skills maxed out and a set of raid gear... So what? If they come rolling up into Crucible they're probably going to suck since they haven't played the game as much as someone who didn't buy their way into that. If they go play PvE...that has literally no bearing whatsoever on my game.

This sounds great, until the developers start balancing Hawkmoon drop rates around the fact that you can buy it. Now finding a Hawkmoon in the wild is suddenly more rare, because someone at ActiBungie decided they wanted to drive more sales to the gun store.

These sorts of things NEVER occur in a vacuum, and they can lead to ways that your gameplay is affected. See: Diablo 3's RMAH and how Blizzard in various postmortems have self admitted it's very existence changed their design philosophy in negative ways.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    oh yeah and my black spindle is now 280

Boo, oh well I'll end up with a 300 Black Spindle instead of a 304 one I guess. Not a massive loss. Still ends up being better than just keeping my original and ending up with one at 290.

• Options
    These new IB bounties are pretty easy. The only really difficult part is finishing first in a match for Iron gauntlet, everything else is just attrition. I'm done with the Daily bounties already, and halfway done with the weeklies (outside of having Rank 4, obviously).

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    These new IB bounties are pretty easy. The only really difficult part is finishing first in a match for Iron gauntlet, everything else is just attrition. I'm done with the Daily bounties already, and halfway done with the weeklies (outside of having Rank 4, obviously).

What rank did that get you to?

• Options

What rank did that get you to?

Only rank 2 so far.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

more important question- how much do things cost, and have you gotten the shaders yet?

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I like the idea of emotes, it would have been really cool if each of the Strike bosses had a possible emote to drop instead of this silver stuff.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Whoops forgot to infuse my 300 BS into something . Down to 280. Guess I'll just stick with my 310 1000-yard stare.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    God this download is slow. It's better than doing 18GB for sure, but it's waaayyy slower than I know my connection is.

FUUUUUUUUCK

If that happens again though... god I'm going to be pissed. Might leave it till tomorrow to try again.

... Happened again.

This sucks. I don't know who is to blame, Bungie or PSN, but someone needs to fix their shit.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I like the idea of emotes, it would have been really cool if each of the Strike bosses had a possible emote to drop instead of this silver stuff.

I'm hoping they still will go this route.

Raid emotes?

I want to do a "I killed your son" dance in front of Oryx.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Why on earth did they reduce the number of Weapon Parts we get.

I'm already running out of the fucking things, don't give me less!

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular

FUUUUUUUUCK

Yup, I had it happen too :bigfrown:
    Currently at 84% Preparing...

And the Blood Bowl match I played in the meantime was horrible: 1 dead Saurus, 2 Injured Skinks, 2 KO'd Saurusses, and it were bashy Orcs... Not good for a starting team :bigfrown:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    i infused my 310 black spindle into my invective, bringing it to 310. then a 310 invective dropped the same day.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Maddoc wrote: »

Boo, oh well I'll end up with a 300 Black Spindle instead of a 304 one I guess. Not a massive loss. Still ends up being better than just keeping my original and ending up with one at 290.
    Looking at the site (at work so can't check in game) my 304 was dropped to 284. So I didn't "lose" the 4 points of infusion, but dammit I would have put the 304 gun into something else if they had been more clear on things earlier in the process.

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah. 280 for all the IB stuff. Guess that's pretty good motivation for me not to play it, to be honest.

The pulse rifle looks like it could be good but I've already got the Apple of Discord from vanguard at 298 light.

Really bummed they went with 280. What a bad choice, IMO.

• Options
    Chadzilla1983Chadzilla1983 Registered User regular
    Legendary emotes (Carlton, slow clap) are 500 Tin Bits, Rare are 200.
    They better be giving us 500 for free, otherwise there will be much rioting.

Only get 400.....

XBOX Live GT: Chadzilla1983
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Eh, 280 matches their standards from the past, and infusion actually exists now. Plus they need somewhere for Trials weapons to go (though I suppose that's going to be 310+ ish?)

Infusion means that I'm ok with more than I would have been, since you get attached to a piece of gear it's not like you can't take it with you, just takes time.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yeah. 280 for all the IB stuff. Guess that's pretty good motivation for me not to play it, to be honest.

The pulse rifle looks like it could be good but I've already got the Apple of Discord from vanguard at 298 light.

Really bummed they went with 280. What a bad choice, IMO.

I want the new Emblems and the Class item if they give extra rep again.

Beyond that? Feels like getting the stuff at the bottom of the barrel at a useless LL.

Boots have MG ammo+ but you can only get the solar armor variant... Why? Just make one for each element for fucks sake.

Sirialis on
  • Options

Looking at the site (at work so can't check in game) my 304 was dropped to 284. So I didn't "lose" the 4 points of infusion, but dammit I would have put the 304 gun into something else if they had been more clear on things earlier in the process.

I left my 300 alone, and infused my 310 into another weapon to make a garbage 308 weapon for after the nerf.

So now I can dump the 308 weapon into my 280 Spindle to get it back up to 300.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Do you still have to wear shader/emblem/etc. for extra Irritable Bowel reputation?

• Options
    Eh, 280 matches their standards from the past, and infusion actually exists now. Plus they need somewhere for Trials weapons to go (though I suppose that's going to be 310+ ish?)

Infusion means that I'm ok with more than I would have been, since you get attached to a piece of gear it's not like you can't take it with you, just takes time.

Trials weapons are only 280. Adept version of trial weapons seem to drop at 310 though (with elemental damage to boot I believe).

I want that new Trials pulse rifle bad. Same stats as Messenger.

• Options
    i have enough 295 blues in my vault that IB gear being 280 is a non issue.

getting them over 300 will be more work obviously.

i need to decide based on perks if i even want the ib gear though.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular

I left my 300 alone, and infused my 310 into another weapon to make a garbage 308 weapon for after the nerf.

So now I can dump the 308 weapon into my 280 Spindle to get it back up to 300.

Yea. My 310 went into a Hereafter. But I put a raid 304 into my 300 Black spindle a few weeks ago thinking it was safe by the original wording that infused guns were safe. I would have dropped the raid 304 gun into one of my shotguns instead of the spindle had I realized infusing the spindle would be a waste of a 304. I essentially spent a 304 to take a spindle from 280 to 284 which is quite frankly annoying.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    i have enough 295 blues in my vault that IB gear being 280 is a non issue.

getting them over 300 will be more work obviously.

i need to decide based on perks if i even want the ib gear though.

I don't care what perks it has, I want the wolf cloak to tide me over until I get my Taniks cloak.

Edit: It's INT/DIS.

Fucking sold Saladin. Keep it warm for me, I'ma comin.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    I'm basically stuck using the raid cloak in my Hunter since I got a 307 Int/Disc drop

• Options
    im using an arc flayer mantle on my hunter that i never want to take off

unless i get the solar or void ones

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular

FUUUUUUUUCK

... Happened again.

This sucks. I don't know who is to blame, Bungie or PSN, but someone needs to fix their shit.
    Yup, "the data is corrupt" happened again <sigh>

I deleted the update, and started Destiny and I am looking at the Destiny progress bar, hopefully it will do something slightly differntly I hope...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah for me, cosmetics just isn't enough to devote 10+ hours hitting rank 5. There is just other stuff I'd rather be doing.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    How many Legendary Marks do the Daily/Weekly IB Bounties provide?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yay, the patch that brought Tess back put all the bungie.net code emblems that were missing into my collection.

Good times.

I don't think I really want any of those emotes. I think I'm just gonna hang onto the silver for the time being.

EDIT: Speaker has the Frontier Shell if anyone still cared about that. Too bad they didn't make it a Y2 item, will still be mostly useless.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    How many Legendary Marks do the Daily/Weekly IB Bounties provide?
    Weeklies give 25 apiece, dailies give zero.

• Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular

Dat pulse rifle doe

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I enjoy IB usually. Having an essentially new No Backup Plans makes me look forward even more to IB so I can Defender around with it.

On a non-controversial note, less weapon parts, Strange Coins and so on is definitely not great. I mean, I play a ton and so I'm swimming in all of these things, but it seems odd to curtail our accumulation rate for these things which for many is already pretty slow. I know not everyone plays as often or as efficiently as I do, so it's odd to me to slow down your slower players on top of everything else.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Look, I'ma play as much IB as I can, because I need to wear some god damned spacechainmail.

Though I (and plenty of others) called the 280 light. Considering that IB is how I hit cap without raiding both in Vanilla and TDB, allow me to point my middle finger to the heavens and my hand towards Bellevue. :P

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    BillyIdle wrote: »

Dat pulse rifle doe

Explain the love for this pulse rifle to me, because that is a shit impact stat.