As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    1 IB match finished

7 bounties complete

10 kill streak attained

top score achieved

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Iron Banner and new emotes to get tbagged with. Oh man this is like asshole prime.

Just wait until you see all the "original" Titan Defenders bubbling your zones and doing

1) The Carlton
    2) Come at me
    or
    3) The Neo thing.

Over and over and over...

This is pretty much my plan for the next 7 days.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Iron Banner and new emotes to get tbagged with. Oh man this is like asshole prime.

Just wait until you see all the "original" Titan Defenders bubbling your zones and doing

1) The Carlton
    2) Come at me
    or
    3) The Neo thing.

Over and over and over...
    My buddy and I have a twist on this that has proven pretty entertaining so far.

It involves the defender hiding while a striker taunts enemies into the bubble en masse.

You can practically hear the shrieks of surprise-rage through the internet.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Anyone had any IB items drop yet? My assumption is that while the vendor versions are set at 280, the random rewards versions can drop at higher light.

I was unaware you could get IB gear via strike rewards.

Has that always been the case?

They have apparently made it so that in an Iron Bananna match, you can get the weapons and the armor as drops now. I believe it used to only be the weapons and only those that had been sold the previous IB run. They say that they've changed that so that it's the current selection on sale. They may want you to use the purchases as ways to get the weapons or armor you don't get during the regular run instead of being the thing you hunt for. Of course, if you like the perks on the guns and armor, they will be available during the timeframe of the event.

So is it just the gear currently for sale (i.e. just boots) or can any of it drop?

Also, a few orbits and I can't find a single person in Court. Everyone must be doing Irate Bowels.

I need to do a T3!

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    waftasauruswaftasaurus Wait whut? Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Nosf wrote: »
    Hi all, casual player here. Is there a PA affiliated group for casuals on xb1 destiny? Looking for help and fireteams.

https://www.the100.io/groups/1397

Thanks. :)

waftasaurus on
    xbox live: oro dc
    PS4 : oro dc
    STO : paftasaurus
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I wish I could have something like STFU DONNY as my name
    Anyone had any IB items drop yet? My assumption is that while the vendor versions are set at 280, the random rewards versions can drop at higher light.

They have apparently made it so that in an Iron Bananna match, you can get the weapons and the armor as drops now. I believe it used to only be the weapons and only those that had been sold the previous IB run. They say that they've changed that so that it's the current selection on sale. They may want you to use the purchases as ways to get the weapons or armor you don't get during the regular run instead of being the thing you hunt for. Of course, if you like the perks on the guns and armor, they will be available during the timeframe of the event.

So is it just the gear currently for sale (i.e. just boots) or can any of it drop?

Also, a few orbits and I can't find a single person in Court. Everyone must be doing Irate Bowels.

I need to do a T3!

I read that as you pass through the hallway from the Hull Breach to the Hall of Souls, go verrrrry slooooowly. The system is matchmaking you with players in there ala Crucible, but the hall is too short to work that quickly. People said they tried it and it works. This was all on Reddit, so YMMV.

Also going slowly? This preparation to download. Why are you preparing? Just go!

Fawst on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

I need to do a T3!

Reading the words they used in the update from a couple weeks ago...
    Potential match completion rewards now include both weapons and armor, matching the same items available from Lord Saladin during each event.

Drop rates have been increased and are intended to be the primary source of rewards from Iron Banner. If you don't get what you're hoping for, you have the option to visit Lord Saladin instead.

I'm going to guess that it's probably just the weapons and armor Saladin is selling. So, this time it appears to be only boots armor wise.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I am wondering if the range nerf for shotties was just Shot Package removal, because otherwise Chaperone might be Craperone now.

Also, "unable to buy boons once a card has been started"

F U Bng y u do this

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I wish I could have something like STFU DONNY as my name

I need to do a T3!

I read that as you pass through the hallway from the Hull Breach to the Hall of Souls, go verrrrry slooooowly. The system is matchmaking you with players in there ala Crucible, but the hall is too short to work that quickly. People said they tried it and it works. This was all on Reddit, so YMMV.

Also going slowly? This preparation to download. Why are you preparing? Just go!

I wonder if this explains why rocket yards never has anyone when you come from the divide, but has plenty of people if you come from the strike tunnel.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I am wondering if the range nerf for shotties was just Shot Package removal, because otherwise Chaperone might be Craperone now.

F U Bng y u do this

Wait what?!

That's a pretty bad design decision.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Seems like they really really want less people to go to the Lighthouse, because after all, too many people were going to the Lighthouse.
    Riiiiiiight.

• Options
    Unable to buy boons once a card has started. What?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    294 Light. Poured like 70 motes into leveling my Defender NBP spec, but I'm goddamn ready for this.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    What a way to start Iron Banner.

First match I get put into I'm THE ONLY FUCKING GUY ON MY TEAM.

On the other side is a fireteam of 5 and 1 other guy?

At least give me the pubbie on their team for fucks sake.

Jesus christ Bungie, how fucking bad are you at programming this shit. The levels of incompetence astound me.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Getting 9-0 is gonna be tricky. If you buy both boons and win, you will jump to 3 wins. But they match you with people who have the same amount of wins now. So each victory is gonna be harder and harder.

8-0 is gonna be fucking nervewacking

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Thanks, Destiny matchmaking. I am certain 2v6 was absolutely the best game you could put together.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Potential match completion rewards now include both weapons and armor, matching the same items available from Lord Saladin during each event.

Drop rates have been increased and are intended to be the primary source of rewards from Iron Banner. If you don't get what you're hoping for, you have the option to visit Lord Saladin instead.

I'm going to guess that it's probably just the weapons and armor Saladin is selling. So, this time it appears to be only boots armor wise.

So... I cannot wear SpaceChainMail this week. All I can potentially wear is SpaceChainBoots.

If this proves to be true, then Bungie? Fuck you. "Hey, look at this super sweet gear... Psyche! LL280 and only boots this week! Nyahhhhhh!"

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

So... I cannot wear SpaceChainMail this week. All I can potentially wear is SpaceChainBoots.

If this proves to be true, then Bungie? Fuck you. "Hey, look at this super sweet gear... Psyche! LL280 and only boots this week! Nyahhhhhh!"

Well, don't take my word for it. I'm only guessing, mind you. I'm just saying that people may want to temper their expectations regarding what drops they could get from the Iron Butterfly.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options

Well, don't take my word for it. I'm only guessing, mind you. I'm just saying that people may want to temper their expectations regarding what drops they could get from the Iron Butterfly.

I'm not seeing anyone on Reddit posting about getting anything other than the Hunter Cloak so far...

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

F U Bng y u do this

Wait what?!

It's been mentioned in some previous update and was an intentional change. *shrug*

On todays story, I just found out you can go into the court and a dude will be summoned. Don't know if I ever tried that before or if it's a special because it's the daily.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

F U Bng y u do this

Wait what?!

It's been mentioned in some previous update and was an intentional change. *shrug*

On todays story, I just found out you can go into the court and a dude will be summoned. Don't know if I ever tried that before or if it's a special because it's the daily.

It's Thalnok and it always happens on that mission. You can't kill him, he'll just teleport out.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015

F U Bng y u do this

Wait what?!

Is it a named enemy? Does it drop anytthing?

edit: NVM, quick search shows that happens even in the normal mission

edit2: Also Vagabond above me

ObiFett on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

F U Bng y u do this

Wait what?!

Is it a named enemy? Does it drop anytthing?

Was the Fanatic of Crota but no swordbearer spawned. I don't think he'd killable but I died before he teleported out so I don't know.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I did really want the Cloak, but I can't put up with this crap.

I think I'm done with PvP. In fact, I think I'm done spending money on Destiny entirely. The next time the expansion caroussel comes around again I'm probably getting off permanently. In fact I'm regretting getting TTK.

Nothing has changed with this laggy bullshit and getting disconnected out of matches even though I've been perfectly fine in normal crucible prior to Iron Banner.

Edit: Seriously what is with this shit:
    f7guk8B.jpg

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular

I'm not seeing anyone on Reddit posting about getting anything other than the Hunter Cloak so far...

If it's like the old IB, the drops get better as you rank up, so don't expect much on the first day.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Seems like they really really want less people to go to the Lighthouse, because after all, too many people were going to the Lighthouse.
    Riiiiiiight.

Because I needed more reason to avoid that list like plague.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular

I think I'm done with PvP. In fact, I think I'm done spending money on Destiny entirely. The next time the expansion caroussel comes around again I'm probably getting off permanently. In fact I'm regretting getting TTK.

Nothing has changed with this laggy bullshit and getting disconnected out of matches even though I've been perfectly fine in normal crucible prior to Iron Banner.

f7guk8B.jpg

I mean yeah the lag is an issue. But in general every time IB rolls around there are some early lag problems then it seems to resolve. I remember some bad games in previous IBs, but they were rare.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Bungie, seriously, do you have any clue what youre doing? Iron Banner, for the pvpers and people who don't wait to raid ti be able to get raid level gear. Isn't that how it started? Serious business mode where light and gear matters, so raiding equipment is better, but thus was supposed to be the other option.

Raid starts at 290, let's have all vendor gear be 280, makes total sense!

Oooh, new iron banner, should have raid quality equipment. Nope, 280 light, and only boots at that.

Wtf?

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Not debuting Trials 2.0 with a new set of armor pretty much kills any desire I have to try and slog through it. Too much stress for so little reward.

Banner is usually a good balance, especially with the Medallions in place. However, if all you can earn via drops is what is being sold, I am far less likely to do this on more than one character.

Bungie is utterly incapable of taking steps towards fun without taking at least one back.

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular

f7guk8B.jpg

Did you try opening your door?

<3

Seriously some ol' bullshit right there.

• Options
    Croaker wrote: »

f7guk8B.jpg

Did you try opening your door?

<3

Seriously some ol' bullshit right there.

Wide open.

So fucking tired of this shit.

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    So before, IB was always a way to get very high level gear. Now it's a way to get gear at the same level of every vendor that's always around?

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Bungie, seriously, do you have any clue what youre doing? Iron Banner, for the pvpers and people who don't wait to raid ti be able to get raid level gear. Isn't that how it started? Serious business mode where light and gear matters, so raiding equipment is better, but thus was supposed to be the other option.

Raid starts at 290, let's have all vendor gear be 280, makes total sense!

Oooh, new iron banner, should have raid quality equipment. Nope, 280 light, and only boots at that.

Wtf?

That is actually not how it started, no. It was several Iron Banners before it dropped raid-equivalent gear. First dropped 28 gear (only one in Vanilla), second dropped 31 gear (post-TDB), and it wasn't until two Iron Banners hence that it started dropping a *mix* of 31 and 32 gear.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    I see someone beat me to my concern!

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    The gear that drops is a higher light level than 280. My friend just got the hunter cloak at 292. I'm guessing the max is 300.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    moocow wrote: »
    So before, IB was always a way to get very high level gear. Now it's a way to get gear at the same level of every vendor that's always around?

I think that was like the very first IB...then people complained. A lot.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Yeah I was there for OG iron banner which had the exact complaints people have with this one. At least you can now infuse the gear for the look, old stuff it was like "Gee thanks."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Also I got the "Outrageous Fortune" ship at some point (it was PS* exclusive prior) yesterday?

edit: I'm sure it wsa random, but she said "If you knew where this one's been, you'd be jealous." Heh.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Also I got the "Outrageous Fortune" ship at some point (it was PS* exclusive prior) yesterday?

edit: I'm sure it wsa random, but she said "If you knew where this one's been, you'd be jealous." Heh.

That was absolutely my favorite ship.

I always wished for a killstreak reward so that I could summon that ship and blind the enemy team with the glare from its shiny paint job.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

Now that you've gotten one, you'll get a hundred. It's like glitter and herpes, you can never get rid of them.