As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii U] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Well, she kinda tends to be slow and deliberate in movement until you get stuff like the speed booster or space jump, which still tend to be momentum or timing based.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    That hill has been bombed over so many times that nothing good can grow there any more.
    Sir this is a damn fine analogy you just analogeed.
    Just thought you should be told.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    The only thing I didn't like about it was the motion controls, and how they wanted you to move the Wii Mote around to switch to missiles, and switch to first person. I found it annoying.

I really liked everything else though.

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about the switch to first person with aiming, but you know what?

It controlled a lot better than the MP Trilogy on Wii as a result of only having one very specific action tied to aiming at the screen

• Options
    The only thing I didn't like about it was the motion controls, and how they wanted you to move the Wii Mote around to switch to missiles, and switch to first person. I found it annoying.

I really liked everything else though.

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about the switch to first person with aiming, but you know what?

It controlled a lot better than the MP Trilogy on Wii as a result of only having one very specific action tied to aiming at the screen

That-

...on reflection, is entirely down to individual experiences, so arguing against it is pointless. So, fair enough.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Some rumors are surfacing about the NX on GT ect. I think I would be more excited and totally fine with Nintendo focusing on the NX if they would release more games for the Wii U between now and then. I just -know- they are going to put Zelda U onto the NX first to get us to buy it. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull the same with StarFox. It's very frustrating to me and feels highly anti-consumer. I bought the system mainly for Smash but was seriously thinking more than just a few token titles would be coming out before the thing was left for dead.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The games prior to Smash aren't immediately rendered useless, you know?
    I jest, and get your point.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    No that's very true. However I don't envision buying around 6 games for a console then picking up another the next year when I buy one. :/

DarkMecha on
  • Options
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    No that's very true. However I don't envision buying around 6 games for a console then picking up another the next year when I buy one. :/

Ah yeah that sucks. I mean I have a ton of WiiU games myself but I know that not all of them appeal to everyone. Now that all multiplatform games are coming to PC I'm not really seeing a use for the PS4/XB1 in my house (though I do have a PS4 on my Christmas list for Dragon Quest Heroes).

Zelda will be on the WiiU regardless. And, if you're like me, you'll probably play through it at least twice. So you could always buy ZeldaU and then finish it, and when you get an NX in the next few years then you can rebuy it and play through it again but uprezzed or whatever.*

*assuming it's an NX game as well as WiiU game.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Some rumors are surfacing about the NX on GT ect.

When he was outlining his proposed timeline (show console in Q1, elaborate at E3, release in Q4), I'm surprised he didn't mention that Nintendo had done this once before, with the DS.

• Options
    SleeperHoldSleeperHold Registered User regular
    I think after Zelda, there will be A LOT of wii u's on the eBay machine.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Good. More captain toad and splatoon for the masses!

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Not even gonna think about selling my Wii U unless the NX features a gamepad and full backwards compatibility to Wii U and Wii.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

I, for one, am excited to use the gamepad to gossip about all the boys at school.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Still got quite a backlog on Wii U, haven't played the Bayonettas or Pikmin 3 (my sister did play some of that), still haven't finished Blacklist or Luigi U or Captain Toad...plus there's always more Mario Kart and Smash Bros and Splatoon and Mario Maker.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Seems like a map/stats menu, which is the typical use for a second screen in a RPG.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I don't think blurays or whatever optical media will even matter that much for games going forward (for Nintendo at least).

Well I think that if there is any validity to the patent about the system with the flash cartridges that the Big N will be moving away from disks. I mean you can have flash carts with as much memory as you need in them. Think about it, little to no loading times (Nintendo originally went in the opposite direction from cds because of that), form factor can probably fit in both portable and home console (gaming on the go), 64 or 128 GB carts (loads of space), and more rugged (no scratches). Plus no royalties to pay for bluray. If the development tools automatically create two versions of the assets you develop once and whether you game on the go or at home you get the same experience. Win, Win?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Not even gonna think about selling my Wii U unless the NX features a gamepad and full backwards compatibility to Wii U and Wii.

Isnt that the rumored plan? That the "Gamepad" for the NX is just a full fledged handheld all its own.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Can't say I'm surprised, but I'm disappointed that Fatal Frame didn't get a midnight eShop release.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Isnt that the rumored plan? That the "Gamepad" for the NX is just a full fledged handheld all its own.

Possible. I'll see it when I believe it. Or vice versa.

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular

Possible. I'll see it when I believe it. Or vice versa.

Maybe it is? Maybe it isn't? I guess we'll know when they show it in January. Oops, did I say too much? You'll have to follow the rest of my vague tweets to find out.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If they make the NX work similarly to how the Surface Book works then I'm all in.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash has online play and amiibo supported similar to Smash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpQ-005bIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKPjDi_qwZ8

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    I hope the indie presence is one of those things that makes the leap to the next system. They've done well.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    So this is awesome:

Spartan Vale from Halo 5 with a new armor paintjob :D
    vpv8Z0r.png

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That is fantastic.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash has online play and amiibo supported similar to Smash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QpQ-005bIM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKPjDi_qwZ8

Online play, duel-couch online play, and simple mode were all I was looking for. I love the Mario Tennis games but always hated the gimmicks. While it may not be for everyone, the sounds perfect for the wife and I.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Yeah that doesn't sound too bad, actually.

• Options
    Where's my console Mario Golf, though?

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I would have preferred Tennis be the 3DS game, and Golf be the console game.

I want some great looking and wacky Mario Golf courses with Wii U level graphics and effects.

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Well if all these rumors are true, then we won't have this issue in the future?

• Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    Slender and Fatal Frame are released on the same day. I hope that doesn't hurt Fatal Frame too much for those that haven't played Slender yet.

reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Dirty wrote: »
    Well if all these rumors are true, then we won't have this issue in the future?

I hope they're true. I'm serious. I know I've said this before but I enjoy console games far more than I do handheld ones.

urahonky on
  • Options
    While I love my 3DS and have this strange affection for handhelds, I have to admit that if these same games were all on the Wii U that would be the version I would be playing.

Also I wonder if they might go some kind of similar route to the Alienware laptops that have this docking station that has desktop video cards in it. That way there is no distinction between versions - one game is the same game on the hand held and the console. It's just that when the handheld is docked it plays at max graphics and when it's separate it scales the graphics back. That's the only way to do an "all in one" that really makes sense to me.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Yay! Mario Tennis is looking decently featured (though the only amiibo i have so far is Kirby, i can grab one of the Mario-themed ones for the holidays, those are easy enough to find).

Poor Yoshi will have to wait (and wait a while, but no doubt there will be another terrible summer for Wii U as Nintendo gears up for NX).

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Are they ever going to make another mario baseball?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind seeing Mario American Football too.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Nor would Chargin' Chuck.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Can't say I'm surprised, but I'm disappointed that Fatal Frame didn't get a midnight eShop release.

I wasn't the only one looking then? I don't want to play this game in the daytime.

Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

This is the one that I've always wanted. A Mario themed Football game would be pretty awesome, and they already have a side character that fits the theme.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!