As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

East 2016 Hotel Partners

• Options
    CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, i am going to be releasing a 2 person thur-sun room at the rennaisance tonight around 8pm pst. My pax group fell through so if anyone needs it, snatch it up :)

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    I'm going to release a single bed Westin Waterfront room for Friday through Monday at 3PM EST, hope someone here can use it!

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    So, didn't actually release the room earlier as emergency came up literally minutes after that post. Sorry! Going to release at 11PM EST instead. Good luck y'all!

EDIT: And cancelled, GLHF

Xenigma on
    Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    f5 f5 f5

• Options
    thelettucekingthelettuceking Registered User new member
    Hey guys, this will be my first time going to pax ever. and ill be going alone. i live in the boston area and i could drive in everyday but its still about a 55 minute drive for me. is there anyone who still would need to get a room?

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, this will be my first time going to pax ever. and ill be going alone. i live in the boston area and i could drive in everyday but its still about a 55 minute drive for me. is there anyone who still would need to get a room?

I would check the room share thread. That seems like the cheapest way for a single to find a room if you're looking

• Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    I was at the Westin Waterfront this past weekend and got my first look at where the new Aloft and Element are. The location relative to the BCEC is great. It is bit of a walk to the front for the entrance to get into the BCEC, but IIRC you can use any exit and it looks like it's quick to get back to both hotels through an exit towards the back. Also, if the doors for the Westin concourse are unlocked you could go through that, go up two sets of escalators (or an elevator) and easily access the sky bridge there. There's also a beer and wine store (don't remember if there was liquor too) next to the Aloft.

• Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular

i emailed u and sent u a tweet let me know if u have any questions

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    There's also a beer and wine store (don't remember if there was liquor too) next to the Aloft.
    YESSSSSSS

• Options
    JerkfishJerkfish NYCRegistered User regular
    Sorry for only thinking to post here after the fact, but I just released a double-bed room at the Renaissance from Thursday to Sunday.

• Options
    RenegadeTKRenegadeTK Central MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Can anyone who has stayed at the Embassy Suites at Logan Airport provide any feedback on their experience staying there?

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    There is a Fri/Sat room that just opened at the Aloft.

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    The opened up a few rooms at the Westin Waterfront in all occupancy. Just got to extend my quad to include Friday, still hunting for that elusive Thursday.

TopherRocks on
  • Options
    CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    The opened up a few rooms in all occupancy. Just got to extend my quad to include Friday, still hunting for that elusive Thursday.

What hotel are you referring to?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    There are three rooms showing open at the Westin Waterfront for Friday and Saturday nights. There is also one room at the Element for Saturday night.
    still hunting for that elusive Thursday.

Me too!

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Sorry, i was so excited about getting the friday I forgot to say where. It's the Westin in my post.

TopherRocks on
  • Options
    darksteelreaprdarksteelreapr Registered User regular
    I just saw a Wednesday to Monday opening for the intercontinental if anyone is looking to jump closer but can't snag anything closer.

• Options
    CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    The Seaport opened up for a Thursday-Sunday run of house. I have one Thursday-Monday there. If I can get a Monday at the Seaport, I will probably release my two Friday-Monday Element reservations.

Also, does anyone have any experience with run of house? Never used that option before.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I just dropped a quad occ 2 bed Seaport for Friday if anyone's in there and looking. Took an Element for the weekend.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Does any know what the fees are for upgrading to a Suite? I know they can range wildly depending on the hotel, so if anyone has upgraded before, at one of the big three, could you tell me what the cost was in excess of the PAX rate?

I know it may not be the same rates this year, I just want to get a general idea.

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am not sure a room booked via the pax rate can be upgraded in general. It would be incredibly dependent on the hotel in question, and likely many of these hotels have their suites booked up already outside of the pax block (unless an all suite hotel). You're really going to have to talk to the hotel directly after your reservation is transferred from OnPeak to the hotel.

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I am not sure a room booked via the pax rate can be upgraded in general. It would be incredibly dependent on the hotel in question, and likely many of these hotels have their suites booked up already outside of the pax block (unless an all suite hotel). You're really going to have to talk to the hotel directly after your reservation is transferred from OnPeak to the hotel.

I would also be shocked if any of the close hotels have suites available with so many corporate groups and VIPs likely to be staying there.

• Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    grabbed westin friday and sat night. thanks for the tips

• Options
    Just released a saturday 2 bed at the Westin. Go get it.

• Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Does any know what the fees are for upgrading to a Suite? I know they can range wildly depending on the hotel, so if anyone has upgraded before, at one of the big three, could you tell me what the cost was in excess of the PAX rate?

I know it may not be the same rates this year, I just want to get a general idea.

I upgraded to a suite at the Seaport last year. They took the onpeak reservation and just added the difference between a suite cost and normal rack room cost. You may be able to negotiate the price a little but not much. I think it was a $200/night difference.

• Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    The Seaport opened up for a Thursday-Sunday run of house. I have one Thursday-Monday there. If I can get a Monday at the Seaport, I will probably release my two Friday-Monday Element reservations.

Also, does anyone have any experience with run of house? Never used that option before.

Run of the House just means that they're going to put you in any room they can fit you based on your reported occupants.

So if you said you had double-occupancy, you will almost certainly have a 1-bed Queen; if you have 3+ people, you will almost certainly have a two Kings, but if they run out of Kings that might switch over to a Queen and a roll-in bed.

Given the room options at Seaport, it's probably nothing to worry about unless you NEED two beds. This is the first year they're listing rooms this way, AFAIK.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    _jnup_jnup Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Just released Seaport Thur-Sun

Feel free to follow me: https://twitter.com/_jnup
  • Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    If anyone releases a Wednesday at the Renaissance, or wed-sunday at seaport, I'd much appreciate a message or post! :D

• Options
    edited February 2016
    If any is still looking, three rooms at Aloft for Friday and Saturday just popped up.

(1 room) Saturday at Aloft, and now there is (1 room) Saturday at Element

ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    If any is still looking, three rooms at Aloft for Friday and Saturday just popped up.

Thanks so much! Locked a room in. Now I just need to hope a Thursday pops up

• Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Hotels are a hot commodity.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    InfiniteNuLLInfiniteNuLL Registered User regular
    RenegadeTK wrote: »
    Can anyone who has stayed at the Embassy Suites at Logan Airport provide any feedback on their experience staying there?

Sorry, just noticed this. I stayed there last year with a group of people. The rooms are decent, wifi is free if you have the password (can ask front desk for it), pool, hot tub (great after walking all day) and breakfast buffet. There was a shuttle right from the hotel last year so i don't see why there wouldn't be one again this year. It doesn't take too long to get there via shuttle (although you have to contend with traffic on Friday).

FF14 - Failia Zebonaiza, Behemoth Server, FC: 404 Guild Not Found
    PAX East Attendee - 2015, 2016
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Some Seaport rooms showing for Th, F, Sa ...

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Just released a Saturday at the Rennaissance; site is showing Thursday is also available, but not Friday.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Options
    PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Thanks for posting! I grabbed a Wednesday at the Westin because of it, which is close enough to the renaissance for me :D

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    So anyone else have experience with this:
    I booked two rooms for Thursday-Sunday at 2 seperate hotels under my name and same credit card.

Get an email today saying that I've been flagged for having two reservations under the same name. Called onpeak and they said all I had to do was change the reservation name on one of them to another name, but could keep the credit card, email etc all the same. So I did that, They said I should be all set, but has anyone had any issues with this where everything didn't go as planned, only concerned because it's 2 great rooms.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    I received a few of these due to a few hotels I booked for my party. They also note you can just email them to have them disregard the possible duplication.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    A few rooms came up for aloft fri and sat. Element for sat. Seaport for fri and sat, Renaissance for Thursday-Sunday

• Options
    ossipagoossipago Registered User regular
    Just let an element booking for fri and sat night go.

Due to complications in my travel and rooming status, I also have two bookings and got the duplication email. I'm going to keep them both and email that they are not duplications. I can still cancel one if I need to before the 72-hour deadline without issue, as I understand it.

• Options
    Got the duplicate email today saying to settle it by 5pm tomorrow. Sent them a response saying I'd like to keep things as they are for now and got an auto response saying they'll get back to me within 2 business days. Here's hoping they read my reply beforehand.