As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures Game] Finish What You Start! (Your collection.)

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering.

Dual Falcon list, with the new Han with the "Sets up anywhere" rule.

I wonder if this is even remotely viable...

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I'm wondering.

What would be the other falcon? Can't run 2 Hans.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tie/sf with accuracy corrector seems pretty good but with only 2 green dice and no evade action it seems like you'll have a hard time staying alive

I'm not sure where it fits in an imp list

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I'm wondering.

... There's a joke here about fighting with one Han behind your back that I'm too classy to make.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    tie/sf with accuracy corrector seems pretty good but with only 2 green dice and no evade action it seems like you'll have a hard time staying alive

Sensor cluster means focus converts at least one die to evade period, and it does have 3/3 health. The new TIE mod in the Striker pack may help too if its the speculated defense boost.

That's also why I was thinking about debris diving as an option for the extra die.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I'm wondering.

Oh, Rey actually. I like her ability quite a lot.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Sensor cluster means focus converts at least one die to evade period, and it does have 3/3 health. The new TIE mod in the Striker pack may help too if its the speculated defense boost.

That's also why I was thinking about debris diving as an option for the extra die.

Only issue I see with sensor cluster+collision avoidance is that you give up your action going through debris. If you can avoid it, that's good.

Could go well with a TIE Bomber Shuttle with Fleet Officer though!

• Options
    K guys (and gals).

I bought an ARC-170. Gonna throw one into my list for league night next week.
    It's escalation this month, so I need to figure out a 30-point build. Any suggestions?

My initial thought was Thane+Title+Tail Gunner+R3 astromech or something. Thoughts?

• Options
    thane+title+tail gunner+BB-8

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Someone really needs to win a major with a Lando list.
    I say this as a totally disinterested party who may or may not be in possession of an alternate art Lando.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Someone really needs to win a major with a Lando list.
    I say this as a totally disinterested party who may or may not be in possession of an alternate art Lando.

I won with a list composed of an Lothal Rebel with Autoblaster Turret and Accuracy Corrector and a kitted out Lando. Lando really just flew cool while the Lothal Rebel did the heavy lifting.

Also in other news, as Coolstuffinc had the new wave cheaper I ordered one of everything and two of the TIE/SF and Fang Fighter. Will pick up a second ARC at a local store this weekend.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Hmm. TIE/sf, ruthlessness, accuracy corrector, some way to limit their defending.

• Options
    Quickdraw+rage+baffle seems dirty

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have obtained an ARC-170. The model is really good looking!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Got myself an /sf pack. If nothing else, the sensor array upgrade is a good way to make my ties harder to kill.

And possibly a good choice for the Upsilon too... It does after all mean a focus token guarantees an evade on an attack.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I still don't have the T-70/TIE-FO single packs yet...

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the fo comes with omega leader, who is really goddamn good

• Options
    I have now magnatized the base of the ARC-170 so that if can actually fly in close formation to other rebel craft without knocking them out of the way.

Still need to do this with my K-Wings.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I have now magnatized the base of the ARC-170 so that if can actually fly in close formation to other rebel craft without knocking them out of the way.

How do magnets help with this?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    My sister and family came to town this weekend and my nephew and my sons wanted to play X-wing. So they picked the ships they wanted (with some prodding from me) and quickly set up a simple 50pt three way free for all.
    My oldest played a Tie/D and a Tie/ln

My younger son played the Falcon with Chewie

My nephew played Luke Skywalker and a Y-wing

I used squad builder to randomly make 50pt squads which helped put them together, but I totally forgot to explain pilot skills. Oops. I blame getting constantly distracted by other children and adults. My son popped the side panel of the Tie Advanced with seconds of picking it up, which led to a very stern, be careful talk. Fortunately I guess the peg just popped out because it slipped in and looked OK. I'll need to glue it.

So the game started off with everyone ganging up on the falcon because it's big. I was a bit concerned since it only gets one defense die he would die pretty quickly, but some amazing rolls kept damage to a minimum.

About three rounds in everyone overlapped the middle, leading to a double backstab where the Tie/D and the Y wing traded blasts ignoring the falcon and leaving each other with 1-2 hull each. The Falcon still had 3 shields as well.

The next round saw the Tie/D and Y destroyed, quickly followed by the Tie and Luke in the following rounds. The Falcon ended the game with 10 health remaining.

I'm sure if they had not attacked each other, it would have been a much closer game, but I was still surprised. The dice just kept rolling in his favor where 3 dice would be blank or only a hit or two and he would roll his single evade or two evades at range 3.

It was a lot of fun to see them enjoying it and rolling dice. I still have more to explain to them (stress, pilot abilities, and add ons) but they enjoy the models and moving them around. My son with the Tie/D and Tie actually managed to fly in a decent formation for the first few rounds before running into each other.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »

How do magnets help with this?

With a magnetized base you can tilt the craft. This helps with something like the ARC because it has an enormous wingspan that extends well past its base. With it tilted, the wings don't overlap the ship base as much and makes it easier to move and fly around.

x90bxoc8ndhs.jpg

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Ah so you're using a magnet and a bearing?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Ah so you're using a magnet and a bearing?

Yup! Plus you can make them look like they are banking in stylish ways when doing maneuvers! I'm using small magnets with holes in the center for the small ships and larger versions that have a curved recess cut into them for the large ships. That helps the ball bearing grip better.

I usually put a thin layer of superglue over the bearing surface after attaching it to the base stem. This gives some more friction helping the ships from sliding.

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2016
    Hey guys, its time for X-WINGMAS again.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    OK, quick opinion poll:

Tail Gunner or Tactician in an ARC?

Tactician would be good for doling out stress from either arc, but is limited to range 2. Tail gunner only works with the rear arc, but works at all ranges.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I feel that tail gunner would be better for the ships that want to get right up on your butt, because they are going to be trying for range 1.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Yeah I think I'm going with that

• Options
    Tail Gunner sounds like it is kinda required on Norra for sure.

• Options
    I took Thane w/tail gunner. It worked out, but I forgot about tail gunner once. Thane's ability only came into play once as well. I did get a bunch of shots off from the rear arc (3-4 out of 5-6 shots were from the rear), but the title ability didn't come into play there because my dice were pretty hot in general.

Excited to play around with it some more, and walked out in 4th for the month and with a free TIE/sf from attending each week in the league!

Next month's league is 150 point squads at a max of 6 ships (total, not per type), so there's a lot of room to mess around and get some funky builds on the table.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to run Fenn Rau with the Title and Fearlessness and two Mandalorian Mercs tonight just to see how badly I fare with it.

• Options
    I saw someone try 4x protectorate last week to not much success. Mainly, fielding only 12 health like that makes you really vulnerable to turrets...

I wouldn't run more than one or two imo. Also autothrusters for sure - free evade anywhere except in arc range 2 is nice (I assume you have the title set).

Fenn Rau is legit scary though. That dial amd action bar makes it easy for him to swoop in and launch five dice.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Having flown a lot of TIEs in my day, I am resistant to putting out more than one Protectorate fighter. That's why I want to try him with the two Firesprays. That's a sizable chunk of health putting out shots into front and back arcs while Fenn is trying to swoop in and put down those five dice.

• Options
    that sounds neat but you'll only have two points leftover for upgrades on Fenn Rau

here's what I was thinking:

Fenn Rau [Push the Limit, Concord Dawn Protector, Autothrusters] (34)

Kath Scarlet [Tail Gunner] (40)

Syndicate Thug [Twin Laser Turret, R4 Agromech] (26)

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I like it!

I'd probably swap out the R4 agromech for Unhinged personally.

I was actually thinking that Fenn might really like a Stealth Device. 5 dice at range 3 OR 1, and a free Evade result at range 1 as well from the title. Slightly more expensive than Autothrusters, but could be good.

You can get up to 6 with Bodyguard too... add Serissu and you get a reroll too ;-)

But then you have to trust in the greens...

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    actually yeah, doesn't r4 agromech not have a very good interaction with TLT since the last FAQ?

the extra greens and initiative bid might be better

• Options
    actually yeah, doesn't r4 agromech not have a very good interaction with TLT since the last FAQ?

Nah, still works as normal. It says "When attacking..." not "after" or anything like that.

I just think that Unhinged makes you a lot faster, and that you don't really need to modify every TLT roll. 3 dice twice is somewhat hard to dodge, generally.

• Options

R4 Agromech will work with a TLT fine, what the R4 Agromech nerf was to whack the U-Boat.

Having run U-Boats pre-Agromech nerf, I can assure you that it was beyond ridiculous.

• Options
    Curious to see if anything gets announced for Force Friday tomorrow. There is still an item code unaccounted for.

• Options

Nah, still works as normal. It says "When attacking..." not "after" or anything like that.

I just think that Unhinged makes you a lot faster, and that you don't really need to modify every TLT roll. 3 dice twice is somewhat hard to dodge, generally.

Yeah. I mean, autothrusters is clutch for a reason.

• Options
    Well it looks like I'm going to be opening a games store soon. How better to celebrate than using my X-Wing/Armada collections to do a special event called "The Battle of Endor". Going to try to introduce new players to X-Wing and such, give everyone an interesting time and so forth. What I really want to do though, is do some new/different things. For example, maybe having a Lamba Shuttle piloted by Han-Solo (AKA their infiltration of Endor not going so well) and some similar crazy things. It shouldn't be too hard to edit some cards online with new/different art to accomodate.

I have so many ideas, but I'm already getting really excited and super pumped for this.