As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: X-wing Miniatures Game] Finish What You Start! (Your collection.)

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Most importantly, looking at the animated gif it looks like the wings on the model can be moved up and down!

The pivoting wings seem to be something they are pushing VERY hard in all the official products. It's almost as if Star Wars has learned its signature is moving bits on its spaceships that do nothing!

... Though in the case of the U-wing and Striker, they are both intended for atmospheric use so they do something, but still!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Paul Heaver's third card revealed:
    n1fCrMH.png
    I think that is all of the cards in the Quadjumper spoiled.
    This ability is such a mind game playing card.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Oicunn, Intelligence Officer, and BoShek looks like a fun combo. Ram people, use Intelligence Officer to look at their dial, if you don't like what you see (or the alternatives are hideously inconvenient for the opponent) look at it again with BoShek. Ram him some more.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    BoShek is totally neutral as well so any faction can use him. A first for a named crew card.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ooh, seems fun for Oicunn then.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Yo, that works for friendly ships as well
    hmm...

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I played my Rey/Finn/Kanan/Poe list again today against Palp Shuttle, Echo, and Whisper.

I rolled like a fucking god. First turn I go speed four and boost with Rey to get a range three shot against a cloaked Echo. Do two hits and a blank, add Finn's blank and re-roll the two for another damage and a crit. Against five green dice with palp I still get two hits to his shields.

It was pretty down hill from there. He called it once Whisper died as Echo was for sure dead next turn and the falcon and poe still had a good chunk of health left and Poe was just going to be regening shields.

That list is super fun and brutal.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I played my Rey/Finn/Kanan/Poe list again today against Palp Shuttle, Echo, and Whisper.

I rolled like a fucking god. First turn I go speed four and boost with Rey to get a range three shot against a cloaked Echo. Do two hits and a blank, add Finn's blank and re-roll the two for another damage and a crit. Against five green dice with palp I still get two hits to his shields.

It was pretty down hill from there. He called it once Whisper died as Echo was for sure dead next turn and the falcon and poe still had a good chunk of health left and Poe was just going to be regening shields.

That list is super fun and brutal.

Rey/Finn is brutal on its own. My only clean loss last week (the other loss was a 2 point difference)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Not sure if anybody saw this, but Amazon has the B-wing for $10 on the lightning deal for the next 3 hours or till they are sold out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1616616768/

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    That close game last week has been avenged.

Last week was the first time I had to deal with a palpatine list (Decimator plus Soontir), and unfortunately Soontir was cheaper than my last ship (we were both 100 points) at time.

This week was interesting. Flew a slapped together build and got a rematch. My TIE/fo and /sf did badly.

My Punisher chased Soontir all over (the first mine put him to 1, because freaking Palpatine mods them) before nearly soloing the Decimator (it was at... 11 hull or something when my other fighters went down) with torpedos and a prox mine. Then spun back onto Soontir with a last prox mine. Soontir had to turn into it because the other route had clusters laid out from way earlier in the round.

A single punisher basically erased a palp aces list and it felt GREAT. It limped home with 1 hull left, but it won.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    it's been literally forever since i played this game and i ended up selling a bunch of my stuff since i wasn't anywhere that it'd be useful, so this may be dumb

but just looking at some of the new stuff, the hwk's ability to boost someone to ps12 would work in conjunction with the captured tie title, right?

i want to make a very inefficient and rude list out of that (and also probably suppresive fire) if it synergizes

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I misplaced a lot of the ships we had somewhere in the house
    I think they are in a bag?
    Still getting a lot of the ships on amazon's fire sale of them I do want to play again but not knowing where I placed the ships is really nerve racking

• Options
    Looks like the Rogue One stuff is set to release on Thursday. So hypeeeeee for those and the movie!

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    alright, so now i'm toying around with a miniswarm + target suppression list

Roark Garnet + ICT + Jan Ors (26)
    Captain Rex + Sabine's Masterpiece + Captured Tie + EMP device + Recon Spec. (21)
    Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
    refit Prototype Pilot x2 (30)

that seems like it could be a pain in the ass, comes in at 99 points but there's a few that could be easily rearranged

you've got a fair amount of firepower, a potentially strong opener with the EMP, 24 total health to chew through, the ability to pop suppressing fire early each round and reduce incoming damage from high-priority targets, but you can swap it around each turn without losing much (assuming rex can keep someone in sight)

it's pretty dependent on keeping the HWK and tie within range of each other, though... still, could be fun

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Looks like the Rogue One stuff is set to release on Thursday. So hypeeeeee for those and the movie!

apparently it's going to be a really limited initial release because FFG had to rush in order to get any product on the streets before the movie came out

so if you're dead-set on getting these before a second shipment, better call your store now and ask them to hold it for you

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Well SOMEONE broke street date. Here are the last two unspoiled cards from the U-wing:
    15380620_10154393430932800_159351572281893449_n.jpg?oh=1c2368870cb663e575a5b6a7e4787aa3&oe=58BC28A4
    Bistan is just mercenary co-pilot for range 1-2

Expertise is amazing. You take an EPT to be permanently focused on offense.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Please excuse me while I add more stress damage to my builds.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    both of those are VERY GOOD cards

• Options
    Expertise is really good but also I can see people that wouldn't want to take it on their ships. Like some are still going to want PTL.

Expertise on Rey with Finn? Just boosting every turn or saving focus for defense.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I'd be interested to try flying Expertise on Corran Horn.

Advanced Sensors + Push the Limit is often the go-to build for him, but Expertise + FCS is less stressful and more dangerous offensively.

• Options
    Game store says they should have the Striker and U-Wing tomorrow.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Full spoilers of dials and everything else are out in the wild too.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular

I already got my stock. They are very pretty ships!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    I am so happy the striker wings do move, yet are stiff enough to hold a pose.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The Shadow Caster is going to be on today's Amazon Lightning Deals. Don't know the price, but wanted to post it here in case anybody wanted to watch for it. Looking at the timer, those with Prime get early access in about 8.5 hours (4:09 PM PST).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GPEL9VS/

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    That's nice, Shadow Caster is a strong ship. Ventriss is just plain mean.

• Options
    neat, I don't have that one yet

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    What do you guys think about this list? Something I had mulling about for a while but haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet.
    Miranda Doni - K-Wing (29)
    Twin Laser Turret (6)
    Seismic Charges (2)
    Advanced SLAM (2)

Nera Dantels - B-Wing (26)
    Accuracy Corrector (3)
    Extra Munitions (2)
    Plasma Torpedoes (3)

Gray Squadron Pilot - Y-Wing (20)
    R2 Astromech (1)
    Twin Laser Turret (6)

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    I've never been a fan of accuracy corrector on ships that roll three dice

• Options
    The idea is that I can guarantee some hits even if I didn't get a target lock or focus off.

• Options
    you 100% want fcs on nera so you can shit out torps and focus

• Options
    edited December 2016
    also when is the lancer supposed to go on sale on amazon for non-prime members?

EDIT: the answer is now

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Should I take Accuracy Corrector off and replace it with FCS?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Should I take Accuracy Corrector off and replace it with FCS?

Yup. The only thing I I would put AC on right now is the Ghost. Too many aces nowadays to bank on 2 hits sticking

• Options
    Hmm, what about this entirely different squad list?
    Darth Vader
    TIE/x1 (0)
    Predator (3)
    Shield Upgrade (4)
    Advanced Targeting Computer (1)

Maarek Stele
    TIE/x1 (0)
    Calculation (1)
    Shield Upgrade (4)

Lieutenant Colzet
    TIE/x1 (0)
    Shield Upgrade (4)

• Options
    I put AC on a Ghost equipped with Autoblaster turret.

Then you get to stare your opponent in the eyes as you roll the dice and just say, "You take two damage," before they even hit the table.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I put AC on a Ghost equipped with Autoblaster turret.

Then you get to stare your opponent in the eyes as you roll the dice and just say, "You take two damage," before they even hit the table.

That's. That's so awesome. And evil. I love it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    You can straight up delete certain ships with that and the title(s)

• Options
    Trying to come up with a Rogue one themed list.

So far I got,

Horton Salm (40)
    -R2-D6
    -Expertise
    -Twin Laser Turret
    -Engine Upgrade

Blue Squadron Pathfinder (30)
    -Jyn Erso
    -Cassian Andor
    -Fire Control System
    -Tactical Jammer
    -Pivot Wing

Biggs Darklighter (29)
    -R2-D2
    -Integrated Astromech

Total: 99

I really wanted a Y-Wing in the list and Horton seems good with Expertise. He basically doesn't need focus or target lock so can be boosting every turn. Jyn can be handing out extra focuses for defense while not needing to take target locks after the first shooting phase and Biggs hangs out behind the U-Wing getting extra evade. Cassin is just an intel agent who might get lucky and turn an enemy ship a different direction but should help Horton know where he needs to boost.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    You can straight up delete certain ships with that and the title(s)

This is why my scum list runs Boba Fett.

In other news, I think the U-wing is a great ship. I love the thinking behind the way it's designed.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.