As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] lets you murder things as a space ninja

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    You get so many other void keys and you dont want those right then. You want prime parts.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    You get so many other void keys and you dont want those right then. You want prime parts.

Tell me about it. Me and choco did an hour of T1 survivals and we only got 3 prime parts out of 14 drops.

So anyway, before I hit up the extortionists at trade chat, anyone have a bo prime handle?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Tell me about it. Me and choco did an hour of T1 survivals and we only got 3 prime parts out of 14 drops.

So anyway, before I hit up the extortionists at trade chat, anyone have a bo prime handle?

I just did this recently.

Don't forget to check other regions.

Because there are fewer people on the Australian servers things are generally more expensive, so I check US East and West and the European servers.

Bo handles were mostly 40p, but if you spend the time you can get them for as low as 20.

• Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Huh, I got Equinox in a few hours as a byproduct of farming mods from maniacs/Tyl Regor. Ivara took waaayyy more effort. Though Ivara is also worth the effort.

Waiting for plat sales login reward sucks.. just spent my last plats on a warframe slot, and can't potato anything. Missed the last few potato alerts as well.. fuck having like an hour's window every few weeks to get something you really need.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    How can you get stuff from/talk to/load into other regions?

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »
    Huh, I got Equinox in a few hours as a byproduct of farming mods from maniacs/Tyl Regor. Ivara took waaayyy more effort. Though Ivara is also worth the effort.

Waiting for plat sales login reward sucks.. just spent my last plats on a warframe slot, and can't potato anything. Missed the last few potato alerts as well.. fuck having like an hour's window every few weeks to get something you really need.

Hey guess what I hate you <3

Took me forever to farm equinox, and I've yet to see a single Ivara part after 200 plus spy missions of varying levels. I've actually hardly played at all lately after getting tired of sorties and obviously still no Ivara part. Kinda killed my enthusiasm for the game for the time being.

My gaming ADD will bring me back soon, I'm sure, but man that bummed me out. And The Second Dream was so fucking good!

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »

Hey guess what I hate you <3

Took me forever to farm equinox, and I've yet to see a single Ivara part after 200 plus spy missions of varying levels. I've actually hardly played at all lately after getting tired of sorties and obviously still no Ivara part. Kinda killed my enthusiasm for the game for the time being.

My gaming ADD will bring me back soon, I'm sure, but man that bummed me out. And The Second Dream was so fucking good!

That's gotta be 30 to 40 hours of gameplay, with no ivara parts after hours a day for a few weeks I'd maybe see if you were running the correct missions.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I farmed Equinox, the hard way.

I have yet to finish Atlas. Goddamn psychotic meat-frigate.

• Options
    I tried ALL the spy missions. Repeatedly. And I hate spy missions so it was terrible (though I did grow to appreciate them more).

And damn I forgot about atlas. So hard to find a non stupid group for that. I think I have the BP and maybe 1 other part. Maybe.

It's only been a few weeks but I am already starting to miss my space ninja fun times though. Just gotta try not to focus on the grind too much and have fun. But for now I am in the grip of full on Ark addiction so...

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    How can you get stuff from/talk to/load into other regions?

In options under Gameplay.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Another one got hooked on playing, and intensely regrets his name

ThisIsStupidToLong would like an invite to the PC clan, though.

• Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Hey guys,

I used to play a fair while back (I left just before the archwing was introduced), but have got back into playing over the last week or so. Would I be able to get an invite to the PC Clan again? (In game name is Khade97)

Could also do with some advice on some basic stuff. Firstly, Is there any real advantage to keeping lower level versions of mods - it clutters up the inventory so have just been upgrading everything. Secondly, are there any "must have" items to farm at the moment, or is it all personal preference?

Short list of what I have already;
    Frames: Nekros, Oberon
    Primary: Boltor, Vectis
    Secondary: Bolto, Magnus
    Melee: Kronen, Magistar, Skana

Khade97 on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Khade97 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I used to play a fair while back (I left just before the archwing was introduced), but have got back into playing over the last week or so. Would I be able to get an invite to the PC Clan again? (In game name is Khade97)

Could also do with some advice on some basic stuff. Firstly, Is there any real advantage to keeping lower level versions of mods - it clutters up the inventory so have just been upgrading everything. Secondly, are there any "must have" items to farm at the moment, or is it all personal preference?

Warframe is entirely all personal preference - play what you enjoy and what you have fun with. That being said there are a couple of Warframes that are flexible and can work with any team.
    Weaponwise you want to generally get primed versions of weapons over the regular versions since they tend to be better.

Having lower-level mods can be useful when you're using lower-ranked weapons/frames in order to level them, as you may not have enough capacity to slot your leveled/maxed out mods. Or if you're going for specific loadouts on frames that are incompatible with only having a max level mod etc. This is mostly only a minor concern though.

Mostly if you're curious about a weapon i would recommend building it and trying it out just to see if you like it. Have fun!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I make heavy use of http://warframe-builder.com/ when looking at weapons. Decent way to make sure a weapon isn't just crap before you invest in it.
    Have you made a Karak yet?

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    There's one other reason to consider some lower level mods. With the corrupted mods that provide both positive and negative effects (fleeting expertise being the principal one) it can be helpful to have a couple copies of that mod at varying levels, so you have finer control over how much of that negative effect you're taking on. In the case of fleeting expertise, power efficiency is capped at 175% anyway, so you if you're already running with streamline or something, a maxed F.E. is hurting your power duration unnecessarily.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm also back from a long time away. Been building some frames, trying out a few things, started running with a couple of awesome folks over a vacation period and got my beloved Soma Prime set up just the way I like it (okay another Forma or three wouldn't be a bad thing...).

btw, what's this I hear about Arcane Helmets being mostly a thing of yesteryear? Because, man, I have like two dozen of those blueprints.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The Helmets you can get now are cosmetic only and offer no variation to stats

DE preserved the stats on all the extant arcane helmets but I don't know if they kept arcane helmet bps distinct from regular helmet bps.

that being said if your blueprints can be made into arcane helmets there will probably be people who would be willing to trade for them.

Orphane on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Yeah, depending on what ones you have, those arcanes could be worth some mad plat.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Warframe is entirely all personal preference - play what you enjoy and what you have fun with. That being said there are a couple of Warframes that are flexible and can work with any team.
    Weaponwise you want to generally get primed versions of weapons over the regular versions since they tend to be better.

Having lower-level mods can be useful when you're using lower-ranked weapons/frames in order to level them, as you may not have enough capacity to slot your leveled/maxed out mods. Or if you're going for specific loadouts on frames that are incompatible with only having a max level mod etc. This is mostly only a minor concern though.

Mostly if you're curious about a weapon i would recommend building it and trying it out just to see if you like it. Have fun!

I agree with all of this. I would especially like to reinforce the fact that the game is entirely personal preference. The game is easy enough that it doesn't matter what weapons or frames you use. You can clear nearly all content with any combo of frames and weapons, barring the super high level hour long infinite missions. Anyone that tries to tell you not to use something because it sucks is a fucking moron. Use what you think is the coolest or most fun to use and don't worry about anything else.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I agree with all of this. I would especially like to reinforce the fact that the game is entirely personal preference. The game is easy enough that it doesn't matter what weapons or frames you use. You can clear nearly all content with any combo of frames and weapons, barring the super high level hour long infinite missions. Anyone that tries to tell you not to use something because it sucks is a fucking moron. Use what you think is the coolest or most fun to use and don't worry about anything else.

How can you talk about the One True Way to play Warframe that the entire game should be balanced around so casually? :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Baro Ki'teer is on Pluto and he's offering a Quanta skin, Primed Bane of Infested and Primed Bane of Corpus!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Consoles get:

Primed Target Cracker (400 Ducats 150k Credits)
    Prisma Grakata (610 Ducats 100k Credits)

Day of the Dead Dark Sword Skin ._.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Noo.... no... no. From the makers of "Complete a T4 Exterminate with only Headshots kills" comes....

Nope.gif

Here are some samples:
    The Hunted Becomes The Hunter
    Kill the stalker with all 4 of his own weapons (Dread, Despair, Hate and War).

RNG to the max.
    What are those?!
    Complete the codex

While I have ton of stuff done in my codex... rare containers. A lot of people seem to want to have completing the codex entirely as an achievement. D:
    Here's Johnny!

Down your whole fireteam while under the effects of radiation

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    That last one is pretty hilarious though

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    As I've experienced first-hand, One Ash under a radiation proc will take care of that.

• Options
    Yeah I've definitely been friendly bladestormed before. It was confusing and deadly.

• Options
    I think it'd take the appeal from that occurrence though. :P

I got Primed Target Cracker from Baro, is the Prisma Grakata that much better? I mean, I might just pick it up because it's a Grakata... but a little info on its baseline performance from hands on experience would be appreciated.

• Options

I got Primed Target Cracker from Baro, is the Prisma Grakata that much better? I mean, I might just pick it up because it's a Grakata... but a little info on its baseline performance from hands on experience would be appreciated.

I don't know myself, but the Warframe wiki might have the answers you seek

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Clem Grakata.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
  • Options
    G
    R
    A
    K
    A
    T
    A

• Options
    TWO GRAKATA

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

I don't know myself, but the Warframe wiki might have the answers you seek

yeah, it tells me the numeric differences... but wait... are you asking me to read the comments in the wiki? D:

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I've been dipping in and out of warframe over the last year and still understanding a lot that's changed. So we exchange prime stuff for ducats then we can buy from the seller?

Vor popped in a orokin mission as a assassin today, surprised me and took him down but still didn't know that was a thing.

On a finer note just found out the Kulstar is a beasty of a weapon and deserves a place on my holster....it's the renaissance.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Been watching the achievement idea thread, and there's always that one guy that thinks he's clever when he's not in the worst kind of way:
    Arbeit Macht Frei/Purging the Unnecessary:

Get 5,933,900 kills

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Been watching the achievement idea thread, and there's always that one guy that thinks he's clever when he's not in the worst kind of way:
    Arbeit Macht Frei/Purging the Unnecessary:

Get 5,933,900 kills

ugh

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I've been dipping in and out of warframe over the last year and still understanding a lot that's changed. So we exchange prime stuff for ducats then we can buy from the seller?

Vor popped in a orokin mission as a assassin today, surprised me and took him down but still didn't know that was a thing.

On a finer note just found out the Kulstar is a beasty of a weapon and deserves a place on my holster....it's the renaissance.

Vor can show up on any T4 void missions. And Kulstar will bite, so watch out for those close range shots.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    dav3yb wrote: »

Vor can show up on any T4 void missions. And Kulstar will bite, so watch out for those close range shots.

and yeah, you trade in all the garbage prime parts you already have/don't want and use that to exchange for Baro Ki'teer's shinies. Or sometimes not so shinies.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Right, noted. Yeah I found out about close range shots with a Kulstar is never a good idea the hard way though on the plus side it's very good at killing packs of enemies.

• Options
    today I somehow managed to acquire a Bo Prime handle from a mobile defense. In 12 hours... I'll actually have a bo prime? I don't know how to process this.

This discussion has been closed.