As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Black Desert Online (Orwen Server Ch. Mediah O1)

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Early in the day today will be the best time to get invites in for everyone who wanted them. So just mention in here when you're able... and please, keep an eye on the thread for when I ask what your character name/in-game location is :P. I'd rather not spend an hour waiting for you.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    BenebBeneb Registered User regular
    I'm processing stuff in Heidal right now at the Warehouse down by the river. On Benebra

• Options
    @Beneb I'll look for you!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @arthil next time you're on can you shoot me a contract renewal?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I'll try to do that here in a little bit.

• Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    @Stupid AFK stuff is in the game because it requires a stupid amount of grinding :P

The energy system also encourages it.

Sadly the energy system mostly encourages me to afk nap since you get 3x the energy regen :p

Gotta make that steel!

Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Hey yo can you do haircuts and face changes once in game?

how much scrutiny should i put in at creation?

yes but they cost real monies.

Put in ALL the scrutiny.

Ho lawd.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    @Elldren That took longer than I expected, you still around?

• Options
    I've been on the whole time

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    @Beneb to answer your question in guild chat: Guild missions are not for max level peeps! except the occupancy ones apparently but we don't do those.

but for the most part we run guild missions that can be accomplished by anyone

Personally I don't even deliberately try to gain levels, it's just not what I'm interested in, but I still manage to be one of the top contributors to guild missions

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    I've been on the whole time

@Arthil

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Hey yo can you do haircuts and face changes once in game?

how much scrutiny should i put in at creation?

yes but they cost real monies.

Put in ALL the scrutiny.

Ho lawd.

That said, for $10 you can get a 30-day appearance change coupon that works on all your characters. I held off getting one of these myself until just yesterday, and would generally recommend you spend some time with the character creator and make alts before you even consider doing this.

However, you can hit F4 once in-game to enter the Beauty Shop, where you can alter the appearance of your character and save it... you just can't actually apply those changes to the character without an appearance change coupon. It lets you try different looks and probably increases the urge to buy a coupon since no appearance ever looks exactly the same in the creator as it does in-game. :P

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I sometimes load up the character profile and tweak the appearance of I'm just processing or in bed.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Mmmmm artisanal steel :P

vOVbx4C.png

Edit: Oooooh iron ore processing can now proc straight to iron ingots. That's 5 ore to 1 ingot vs. the baseline of 50 ore -> 1 ingot plus energy. I have a feeling I'm gonna like the upper processing levels!

Tag on
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    So, I've still got this Gift Letter of Repayment 5 taking up some inventory space. Anyone else have one and interested in trading?

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    After a week long hiatus, I will finally be getting back into the game!

The dog I have been dog... sitting? Will be getting picked up by his owner today. :hydra:

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @Arthil
    get me in

This game is obtuse.... but im l;loving it

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    @Arthil
    get me in

Whats your name dawg?

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Man, I am really enjoying Maewha. Probably my new favorite class. Retaliate is so incredibly awesome.

• Options
    Axen wrote: »
    @Arthil
    get me in

Whats your name dawg?

Avihail (sorc) something or other. And mo_jo (the new samurai yet not class)

So i linked V town with H town via nodes. Now how do i make a bundle and transfer it? I have my worker picking potatoes like a champ....

What should i be working towards? A boat? is there adventure on the seas?

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Boats are kind of a must just to make getting to illya reasonable. Waiting in the ferry sucks. Otherwise you would really only use it for fishing I guess.

To make crates of trade goods you need to find the relevant workshop for it in a town. I think Olivia which is west of velia has a produce / farming stuff workshop. Though if you want decent money from those you need to farm them into high quality produce ( ends up being called special whatever it is) if you are going to farm though, you should look into getting special sunflowers going. They make mad cash.

• Options
    You need to purchase an appropriate workshop, it's a kind of house. There are lots of crop workshops basically all over, depending on where your workers are you'll want to get one that's convenient. If they're in Olivia buy the workbench in olvia or get one in Velia you can check the map and even filter for them when zoomed in on a node

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    There is definitely no farming workshop in Velia. All my workers are stationed there and I was checking if any farm goods had value recently. I had to look in Olvia cause I knew there was one there.

I recently made an expedition out to get a white cedar and acacia timber node out east of Velia so I could make Mediah crates. Those have very good sell value vs the market price of their goods and are actually worth the worker stamina. I think one thing that is easy to forget when you get into working with trade goods from workers is the price that a point of their stamina is. I think the cheapest you can get it is 500 silver. I might need to get 5 characters going just so I can start pumping energy into those nodes hoping that it actually affects what they get from them. Oh and it would be nice if they could pass a damn promotion test.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    There is definitely no farming workshop in Velia. All my workers are stationed there and I was checking if any farm goods had value recently. I had to look in Olvia cause I knew there was one there.

There are at least 3 crop workshops convenient to Velia workers; the trick is that they are out on the neighboring farm nodes. They still draw from the Velia warehouse for goods though.

Back near launch I was cranking out pumpkin crates there in the hope of powerleveling trading (didn't work :P).

• Options
    tricontricon Registered User regular
    One tip if you want to upgrade your green/blue +15 gear and weapons to the ultimate version.

Spent some contribution points in Altinova and connect the Altinova Entrance to the Abandoned Iron Mine and mine both the Zinc and Iron fields.
    You can look here http://www.blackdeserttome.com/map/ but it has some vital information missing

Zinc produce as a byproduct Platinum and the Iron node gives you Rough Black Crystals that you can melt into Black Crystals.
    Both are needed for the Grade 3 Stones to upgrade your items. http://bddatabase.net/us/item/4910/ & http://bddatabase.net/us/item/4911/
    If you need more Zinc/Platinum you can connect to Omar Lava Cave via Awakening Bell

You can buy them in the AH but at last in the EU good luck to snipe the Crystals or the Grade 3 Stones.....

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Tag wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »

There are at least 3 crop workshops convenient to Velia workers; the trick is that they are out on the neighboring farm nodes. They still draw from the Velia warehouse for goods though.

Back near launch I was cranking out pumpkin crates there in the hope of powerleveling trading (didn't work :P).

Yeah Velia proper has hardly any property, it is mostly in the surrounding farms. Loggia farm and Bartali farm both have crop workbenches iirc

But as I said, if you are operating out of olvia and have olvia workers buy the olvia workbenches. Replace with whichever town or city you are using

Oh and a reminder: where stuff is drawn and deposited for crafting depends entirely on where the worker is based. You can have a worker in Velia with materials in the Velia warehouse run all the way to a workshop in calpheon if you really want. They will grab mats in Velia, trek all the way to calph to craft, then lug the crafted goods back to the Velia warehouse

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    While I'm still leveling, should I even worry about using black stones on armor/weapons? I've replaced my weapon several times with quests and the armor once, but I've just been banking the stones so far.

• Options
    Yes, yes! Yes!

Even the earliest of armor/weapons(so long as they actually have stats on them and can even be upgraded) could be worth jamming stones into. The best thing is that if you want your stones back, you go to a Blacksmith and he'll rip them out for you. It does destroy the item, however. On top of that there's a break point where it isn't a 100% chance to upgrade anymore. +5 for armor and +7 for weapons. If you go to a Blacksmith to get the stones back you'll obviously only get those that were successful upgrades.

• Options
    I read that the amount you get back is actually random, though random as in some amount equal to the successful upgrades and some amount above it. So its not a complete loss to break something over the safe area.

Cause a lot of people apparently raise failstacks using a garbage item until it hits +15 then break it down. Though even MORE advanced people say they make a criminal character with negative karma in order to delevel it when they die.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    After a weekend trapped in the land of unimaginative relatives (and begin forced to attend something called a "Car Show" - which, as it turns out, is basically a bunch of old people sitting around in a giant parking lot drinking margaritas) and a lovely 35 mile bike ride alongside the source of the Sacramento River...

I've managed to completely complete every single Knowledge category for Serendia. All five Adventure Journal volumes, the entire topology group, and every single character of import has been identified and achieved! (Oddly enough, the Balenos categories are still showing as incomplete even though I've pretty much filled them all in, too.)

So tonight I will make my first foray into the lands of Calpheon! I expect my quest list will not be happy about that. I also expect a Karuto massacre, followed by whatever comes after those guys.

26904.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I was working last night on filling in the knowledge journals. For people it seems pretty straight forward, but when it comes to topology, I think some areas must have arcane conditions for opening them up or something. For example, I was supposed to find a hidden cave in Coastal Cliff Caves, but even upon finding it I didn't get credit. Turns out, I had to kill a goblin who spawns inside. I also could not get credit for DelLucci Farms and one other place even though I've been there... no idea on what triggers those in the journal, but I'm missing a TON of stuff for Balenos, whereas Serendia is pretty much done.

• Options
    I feel like I have been learning shit about this game at an alarming pace yet I still realize every day I don't know jack shit.

Like I feel I have some level of understanding of workers and nodes now, but it's not even close to "done". And I know NOTHING about high level play or pvp, or basically anything else other than fishing.

I still have yet to even do those weird amity mini game deals that are apparently important later.

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Does anyone want a free copy of the game. I bought this at release, but will not have any time to invest in it now (due to 16hr work days).

Shoot me a PM and I will forward the info over

• Options
    tricontricon Registered User regular
    Black Desert Online: Horse Skill Split-Screen Speed Comparison (Drift/Sprint/Acceleration)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77FgSDzl3g

Got the first few horses with the big 3 abilities. As shown above even one single skill like instant acceleration increases the speed a lot but
    its quite funny to train this skills because you need to lvl them up and if thought the cow milking mini game was fun, wait a bit. ;)

• Options
    Hmmmm, so I need instant acceleration on my uber horse.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Can anyone give me the quick rundown on upgrading the Silver Embroidered life skills outfits? Been waiting on a +2 processing one to appear on the AH but I'm getting impatient and figure I should just try and make my own... but I get the feeling it's a bit more complicated than it appears. The extra skill levels would be really nice though :P

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Meant to head to keplan and get some production going, but instead was running around doing story quests. I hit 40 at least. Tonight, I will head to keplan, I needs coal.

• Options
    Tag wrote: »
    Can anyone give me the quick rundown on upgrading the Silver Embroidered life skills outfits? Been waiting on a +2 processing one to appear on the AH but I'm getting impatient and figure I should just try and make my own... but I get the feeling it's a bit more complicated than it appears. The extra skill levels would be really nice though :P

Its the same as upgrading accessories. You use two of the costume and hope it works, otherwise both are destroyed.

First time is like a 25% chance that can get over 50% with failstacks, but the second attempt is like 12% and needs a +1 to do it. I think most of those costumes cost like 300k so its no joke to make one. The price they sell for on the market is WAY less than it will cost to make one unless you are lucky, so anyone who sells one is pretty silly.

• Options
    Wtf is a failstack?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Wtf is a failstack?

As you fail enchants you get additional % chance to succeed.

That's a failstack... you are stacking failures. :hydra:

Steam