Options

Republican Debate X: Swapping Out the Whiskey for Tequila

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Kasich references a poll that had him beating Hillary by 11 points.

Amazing.

He also bandied a bucket or something

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    "Please join me in healing my own bank account by sending just a bit more cash before I suspend my campaign."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Kasich: I balanced the budget. Thank you.

• Options
    I have no idea what Rubio is looking at. It's like, he's looking through me.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Rubio: "votes are starting to count"

So... what were all those other states the?

• Options
    Cruz "I stood up to both parties!" neither party would have you though...

American embassy in Jerusalem? Dominionist Bingo!

• Options
    Trump isn't a politician and will totally come up with something better than Obamacare. He really promises.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    "Politicians will never get it done...which is why I'll become a politician to get it done."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    That was their best.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Cruz "I stood up to both parties!" neither party would have you though...

American embassy in Jerusalem? Dominionist Bingo!

Reminder:

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/brucewilson/ted-cruzs-father-suggested-his-son-anointed-bring-about-end-time-transfer
    In a sermon last year at an Irving, Texas, megachurch that helped elect Ted Cruz to the United States Senate, Cruz' father Rafael Cruz indicated that his son was among the evangelical Christians who are anointed as "kings" to take control of all sectors of society, an agenda commonly referred to as the "Seven Mountains" mandate, and "bring the spoils of war to the priests", thus helping to bring about a prophesied "great transfer of wealth", from the "wicked" to righteous gentile believers. link to video of Rafael Cruz describing the "great transfer of wealth" and the role of anointed "kings" in various sectors of society, including government, who are to "bring the spoils of war to the priests".

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    The foreign policy dichotomy presents itself again on the Syrian ceasefire issue. Trump: "I mean it'd be cool but I doubt it will happen, rebels haven't agreed and the Syrian government hasn't really either." Cruz: "Russia is Satan."

I was shocked to hear Cruz criticize the US involvement in the Libyan War, as it seems entirely up his alley as far as foreign policy goes, but I guess Obama and Hillary did it so it must be bad. Rubio stepped in to say "hey, bombing Libya was a good idea!" Trump ridicules it, of course.

On the other hand, here's Trump advocating a US invasion of Libya in 2011. I suppose it's impossible to tell wtf this guy's actual policies would be.

Kaputa on
  • Options
    notdroidnotdroid Registered User regular
    Trump's interview on CNN is hilarious, he's repeatedle making fun of Rubio for sweating too much.

"It looks like he just got out of a swimming pool."
    "We can't have a guy who sweats."

• Options
    CanipsoCanipso Deep Terror Threshark Registered User regular
    CNN BREAKING NEWS: "Trump: 'Rubio is a choke artist.'" Yep, not watching any more of this post-debate coverage.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kaputa wrote: »
    I suppose it's impossible to tell wtf this guy's actual policies would be.

Fuck you, got mine!

• Options
    Canipso wrote: »
    CNN BREAKING NEWS: "Trump: 'Rubio is a choke artist.'" Yep, not watching any more of this post-debate coverage.

Come on! You missed Trump saying he is getting audited because he's a strong Christian!

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Wow. The final five. Woooooooow.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The foreign policy dichotomy presents itself again on the Syrian ceasefire issue. Trump: "I mean it'd be cool but I doubt it will happen, rebels haven't agreed and the Syrian government hasn't really either." Cruz: "Russia is Satan."

I was shocked to hear Cruz criticize the US involvement in the Libyan War, as it seems entirely up his alley as far as foreign policy goes, but I guess Obama and Hillary did it so it must be bad. Rubio stepped in to say "hey, bombing Libya was a good idea!" Trump ridicules it, of course.

On the other hand, here's Trump advocating a US invasion of Libya in 2011. I suppose it's impossible to tell wtf this guy's actual policies would be.

He just really wants Middle Eastern oil.
    Donald Trump says any plan to defeat the Islamic State in Syria (ISIS) will hinge on cutting off the revenue stream that the terrorist group takes in from oil.

“I’m looking to take the oil. I want to take the oil. I want the oil,” Trump said on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday.
    At CPAC 2013, Trump said he’d been told that seizing the oil fields had been an original goal of the Bush administration, now mysteriously forgotten. “When I heard that we were first going into Iraq, some very smart people told me ‘well, we’re actually going for the oil,’ and I said, ‘Alright, I get that, there’s nothing else, I get it. We didn’t take the oil! And when I said, we spent $1.5 trillion we should take it and pay ourselves back. What are we doing? What the hell are we thinking?”

Trump added that the U.S. government should use the seized $1.5 trillion to provide a million dollars to the family of every slain U.S. solder. “A million dollars to a family is nothing compared to the kind of wealth that you’re talking about over there.” The U.S. suffered 4,492 military fatalities in Iraq; that amounts to $4.5 billion under Trump’s plan.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Kasich really wants to arm a lot of people.

Fuck you, got mine!
    Sure, but how does that translate to foreign policy? Trump honestly mystifies me in that regard.

Kaputa on
  • Options
    libresco-liveblogtally1.png

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Yeaaah this pretty much clinches it. No one gives a fuck about the other people on that stage.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Kasich really wants to arm a lot of people.

Fuck you, got mine!
    Sure, but how does that translate to foreign policy? Trump honestly mystifies me in that regard.

Mine! You get fucked!

• Options
    How about those moderators?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Moderators?

• Options
    Cruz trotting out the CLEARLY EFFECTIVE "Trump is entertaining but THE STAKES ARE SERIOUS GUYS COME ON, VOTE FOR ME" line

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    The little you saw of the audience was fascinating. There were a sea of grins, but the people who were not smiling were not smiling very hard.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Okay, I'm a bit behind, but was the brutal Trump-Rubio-Cruz fight the worst/best moment of all of the GOP debates?
    Couscous wrote: »

Donald Trump says any plan to defeat the Islamic State in Syria (ISIS) will hinge on cutting off the revenue stream that the terrorist group takes in from oil.

“I’m looking to take the oil. I want to take the oil. I want the oil,” Trump said on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday.
    At CPAC 2013, Trump said he’d been told that seizing the oil fields had been an original goal of the Bush administration, now mysteriously forgotten. “When I heard that we were first going into Iraq, some very smart people told me ‘well, we’re actually going for the oil,’ and I said, ‘Alright, I get that, there’s nothing else, I get it. We didn’t take the oil! And when I said, we spent $1.5 trillion we should take it and pay ourselves back. What are we doing? What the hell are we thinking?”

Trump added that the U.S. government should use the seized $1.5 trillion to provide a million dollars to the family of every slain U.S. solder. “A million dollars to a family is nothing compared to the kind of wealth that you’re talking about over there.” The U.S. suffered 4,492 military fatalities in Iraq; that amounts to $4.5 billion under Trump’s plan.
    Good lord.

Kaputa on
  • Options
    Emissary42Emissary42 Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    The shoops have begun to leak out:
    CcHJjN0UYAAGDVg.jpg

edit: though after thinking about it, "Phantom Menace" might be a decent Trump epithet...

edit^2: beaten by GOP Primary thread

Emissary42 on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Elki wrote: »
    libresco-liveblogtally1.png

Drudge poll has Trump at 63 percent on who won.

Edit typo

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Good lord.
    His general foreign policy, such as it is, looks like it has been pretty consistent since the 1980s. It shows the usual Trumpian complaints about bad deals, being weak, and not understanding why America wasn't forcing those countries to openly pay for America to maintain its own hegemony.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ilanbenmeir/that-time-trump-spent-nearly-100000-on-an-ad-criticizing-us
    iA8ClwG.png

For all the attacks on Trump as a flip flopper, I still think he is more a guy who cares about a few really stupid things and is willing to move on the rest.

Couscous on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Good lord.
    His general foreign policy, such as it is, looks like it has been pretty consistent since the 1980s. It shows the usual Trumpian complaints about bad deals, being weak, and not understanding why America wasn't forcing those countries to openly pay for America to maintain its own hegemony.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ilanbenmeir/that-time-trump-spent-nearly-100000-on-an-ad-criticizing-us
    iA8ClwG.png

For all the attacks on Trump as a flip flopper, I still think he is more a guy who cares about a few really stupid things and is willing to move on the rest.

ie - same as always with Trump

No real policy, just strongman posturing.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    shryke wrote: »

Definitely. He gave a speech in 1987 as well, and it is uncanny how much it is the same shit as now but with different names.

http://articles.philly.com/1987-10-23/news/26218195_1_donald-trump-tough-cookie-soviet-leader
    "You think (Soviet leader Mikhail S.) Gorbachev is tough, think of this character Khomeini," he said, referring to Iran's leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. "I mean this son of a bitch is something like nobody's ever seen. He makes Gorbachev look like a baby. And Gorbachev is one tough cookie."

He went on like that for 40 minutes, depicting an America in trouble because of its finances and its inability to command respect around the world.

"If the right man doesn't get into office, you're going to see a catastrophe in this country in the next four years like you're never going to believe," he said, "and then you'll be begging for the right man."

Except this is now 2016 where that garbage can get a person through the Republican primaries and works extremely well in Republican debates.

Couscous on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    "I employ Hispanics" is... it is exactly like saying employ black people so are good with them.
    shryke wrote: »

Definitely. He gave a speech in 1987 as well, and it is uncanny how much it is the same shit as now but with different names.

http://articles.philly.com/1987-10-23/news/26218195_1_donald-trump-tough-cookie-soviet-leader
    "You think (Soviet leader Mikhail S.) Gorbachev is tough, think of this character Khomeini," he said, referring to Iran's leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. "I mean this son of a bitch is something like nobody's ever seen. He makes Gorbachev look like a baby. And Gorbachev is one tough cookie."

He went on like that for 40 minutes, depicting an America in trouble because of its finances and its inability to command respect around the world.

"If the right man doesn't get into office, you're going to see a catastrophe in this country in the next four years like you're never going to believe," he said, "and then you'll be begging for the right man."

Except this is now 2016 where that garbage can get a person through the Republican primaries and works extremely well in Republican debates.

How has no Republican called him out for calling Saint Ronnie a wuss like that?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Trump is doing an n=1 experiment. Can I win using decade old PUA game.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    So each debate has devolved into more and more chaos, what form will the final debate take?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Ardol wrote: »
    So each debate has devolved into more and more chaos, what form will the final debate take?

Moderator: "Senator Cruz, here is bag filled with feces. You have until the bell rings to hurl it at your opponents."

Carson: "Excuse me, some of the shit that was thrown on Trump splashed over me, can it be my turn now?"

Trump: "Cruz throws like a Canadian girl. Let me show you how it's done."

notdroid on
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    I have not been keeping up.

Please tell me they said horrible things that would hurt them in a sane general election.

• Options
    Rchanen wrote: »
    I have not been keeping up.

Please tell me they said horrible things that would hurt them in a sane general election.

They said horrible things that would hurt them in an imaginary world where sanity prevails, yes.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    notdroid wrote: »
    Trump's interview on CNN is hilarious, he's repeatedle making fun of Rubio for sweating too much.

"It looks like he just got out of a swimming pool."
    "We can't have a guy who sweats."

Do not, Marco Rubio, become addicted to water. It will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I don't think the debate went as bad for Trump as the media will likely spin. Let's not forget that Bush got in similar "burns" on him a few debates back in front of a similarly stacked crowd and it was utterly meaningless.

SarcasmoBlaster on
  • Options
    I don't think the debate went as bad for Trump as the media will likely spin. Let's not forget that Bush got in similar "burns" on him a few debates back in front of a similarly stacked crowd and it was utterly meaningless.

His opponents also seemed rather panicky and desperate to attack him, which will likely play to his advantage. "Trump survives GOP debate assault, fends off Cruz and Rubio" is an easy narrative to spin.

This discussion has been closed.