Options

Republican Debate X: Swapping Out the Whiskey for Tequila

1101112131416»

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Remember when we all thought he was going to drop out before the filing deadline?

Better times.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    His inevitability doesn't coalesce until about December as we got closer to actual votes and not just people answering the phone. If he had collapsed in Iowa, we'd likely be talking about somebody else.

The larger problem was the inability of many to see what he was accomplishing with his dumbass rhetoric.

My personal theory is that he wasn't actually going to run. But then he said that shit about Mexicans, lost his TV show and other deals and decided to actually jump in and see how far he could take it. Out of spite.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    Trump's not getting the nomination.
    I was so young then. So naive.

We all were, we all were. They were our salad days.

"Our love for each other was stronger than ever, but I preminisced no return of the salad days."

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I was in denial, too. At least I came around faster than FOX seems to be.

They're in full-on Long Day's Journey Into Night mode over there.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    I really don't think he wants the job. Why would a billionaire want to become the most scrutinized man on the planet? Yeah, you get lots of personal power, but everything you do with that power (aside from the odd CIA classified order) gets vetted and talked about to hell and back. As a billionaire media hound he got to set the agenda for how and when he engaged with the public.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    I really don't think he wants the job. Why would a billionaire want to become the most scrutinized man on the planet? Yeah, you get lots of personal power, but everything you do with that power (aside from the odd CIA classified order) gets vetted and talked about to hell and back. As a billionaire media hound he got to set the agenda for how and when he engaged with the public.

Losing the election, though...

He's already gotten a ton of publicity out of this, and is set to get even more. He's the man who fired the Republican establishment.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Okay, probably a good time to take it back to the primary thread.

Geth, close the thread.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Bobkins Flymo. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.