As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Portraits of Some People", a Photography [chat] Assembled From Errant Open Tabs

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Microsoft has announced it will natively support cross-platform play between Xbox One, Windows 10, and other "online multiplayer networks." The move effectively opens the Xbox Live platform so that it can accommodate players on Sony's PlayStation Network, among others.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    PLA wrote: »
    PLA wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    opaque, with a deep reddish tinge, and the consistency of partially-crystallized honey

A jet black cube.

Iridescent, like a pearl.

Whispering.

Telling secrets of another place.

"Eat at Arby's."

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    is the idea here that you don't ask someone out if you'll have to continue see each other even if they say no?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Someone messaged me on OKC on Saturday and I never responded because anxiety.

Is it too late now to respond? She might be cool...

No! Now is a fine time to respond. I have responded weeks later in some cases (though I don't recommend that.) Current girlfriend dropped off the map for like a week earlier in messaging. This happens, I don't think most people care.
    Hmm. This only allows me to set one band, which is unfortunate. But it'll work for the sleeping, at least.

only one, that's weird.

mine'll let me put in as many times as I feel like

why carriers always gotta be mucking with their android builds

Yeah, I can set what days and a start time and end time, but can't set bands.

wait, what do you mean by bands?

I mean separate times, basically. "A band from two to three on week days, a band from 11PM to 8AM every day," and stuff like that is what I was trying to communicate my inability to do.

can't you do like

entry 1: silent MTWTF 2-3
    entry 2: silent MTWTFSS 11-8

?

No, I have

DOWNTIME (PRIORITY INTERRUPTIONS ONLY)
    Days: <I can set days here>
    Start time:
    End time:

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I wikied mother of pearl and have learned that there is a whole genus called Turbo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_marmoratus

Brilliantly, it is mostly composed of snails

turbo, apprently, means like whirlwind or spinning thing in latin (and possibly spinning top)

so they got the name for the spirally shells

thanks Linnæus!

Related to "storm" and "stir".

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    is the idea here that you don't ask someone out if you'll have to continue see each other even if they say no?

the potential for it to be awkward kind of skyrockets

so you gotta weigh the pros and cons and whether you'll be able to be around the person on a regular basis if they turn you down

hey it may not be weird some people can handle it fine

• Options
    i asked skippy out, forcing him to self-ban when he wasn't interested to avoid awkwardness

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016

No! Now is a fine time to respond. I have responded weeks later in some cases (though I don't recommend that.) Current girlfriend dropped off the map for like a week earlier in messaging. This happens, I don't think most people care.
    Hmm. This only allows me to set one band, which is unfortunate. But it'll work for the sleeping, at least.

only one, that's weird.

I mean separate times, basically. "A band from two to three on week days, a band from 11PM to 8AM every day," and stuff like that is what I was trying to communicate my inability to do.

can't you do like

?

No, I have

Start time:
    End time:

that's dumb
    it sounds like they ripped out the ability to have multiple rules on your device and condensed you to a single rule to make it 'easier' or someshit

here's my screen:
    d7q1OFml.png

I can add rules all day long

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    6 and leaving work. Probably a good thing.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

only one, that's weird.

can't you do like

?

No, I have

Start time:
    End time:

that's dumb
    it sounds like they ripped out the ability to have multiple rules on your device and condensed you to a single rule to make it 'easier' or someshit

here's my screen:
    d7q1OFml.png

I can add rules all day long

Something like that!

Also, stop mocking me, you bastard!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    always buy nexus devices for that un-mucked-with android experience

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I just cannot find the right way to express what I'm thinking.

It just comes out all wrong.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    also i agree w/ you sigmund, tho i was confused at the anger i saw upthread

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I have advised her to ignore the message, and reply with a curt "not interested" if the dude persists

If we see him at the event next time we go I will make sure to put a greater degree of effort into demonstrating my ownership of her, as her Man

flex, carry her to the breeding tent, throw poop at the walls to mark my territory, etc

Ignoring might not be the best route. "I'm in a relationship already, thanks." is fine?
    On the other hand this can often be interpreted as "if I were not in a relationship I would be interested" and thus an encouragement of sorts.

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I have advised her to ignore the message, and reply with a curt "not interested" if the dude persists

If we see him at the event next time we go I will make sure to put a greater degree of effort into demonstrating my ownership of her, as her Man

flex, carry her to the breeding tent, throw poop at the walls to mark my territory, etc

Ignoring might not be the best route. "I'm in a relationship already, thanks." is fine?
    On the other hand this can often be interpreted as "if I were not in a relationship I would be interested" and thus an encouragement of sorts.

Maybe, maybe not. It's more polite (and is a true reason not to go on a date with someone new) than "I'm not interested in you."

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    what chinese food for dinner

it will be chinese food mind you

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

how about

bourbon chicken

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Well if that happens, then a more curt response would become necessary. It's a good first response. Not that there should need to be a second response, but it happens.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    The only real person you should ever need to communicate with is your snakegirl bodypillow.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

No
    Go with udon. That is what I just got done putting in my mouth.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    The only real person you should ever need to communicate with is your snakegirl bodypillow.

finally someone gets it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

No

there is no udon delivery place

• Options
    Zephiran wrote: »

*muffled screaming*

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

I think "Not interested" is a bit better than "I'm in a relationship already."

Sometimes you get doubling down with some comment like, "Yeah that's fine, he's out of town right?"

Whereas "Not interested" makes "Not interested in you" a bit more clear.

Not that it makes a big difference, though.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I forgot I signed up for a half of ramen in LA coupon this week, guess thats what I'm doing for dinner tonight. Fuck yes.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    fuk...

2day was pie day and i missed it.

• Options

Well if that happens, then a more curt response would become necessary. It's a good first response. Not that there should need to be a second response, but it happens.

just be like

also i'm finally getting caught up on archer and it has been a laugh riot

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016

You can always say " I got a man". If the gentleman responds "what's your man got to do with me?" gently remind them that you told him and it does not matter if he's "not trying to hear that, see".

Deebaser on
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »

I think "Not interested" is a bit better than "I'm in a relationship already."

Sometimes you get doubling down with some comment like, "Yeah that's fine, he's out of town right?"

Whereas "Not interested" makes "Not interested in you" a bit more clear.

Not that it makes a big difference, though.

if he's the doubling down type it probably doesn't matter what you say tbh

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

No

just get the trashiest, grossest American Chinese possible

General Tso's, sweet chili beef, lemon chicken, the works

• Options
    fuk...

I also forgot this.

Making a pie next weekend.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    fuk...

I also forgot this.

2 little 2 l8.

• Options

No

just get the trashiest, grossest American Chinese possible

General Tso's, sweet chili beef, lemon chicken, the works

chicken nuggets off the kids menu please

• Options
    fuk...

I also forgot this.

2 little 2 l8.

I am ok with missing the specific day, as there are benefits to doing it not-today days.

• Options
    fuk...

i dunno if you know this but it's still 2day 2day there's still time to pie

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

You can always say " I got a man". If the gentleman responds "what's your man got to do with me?" gently remind them that you told him and it does not matter if he's "not trying to hear that, see".

and then mention what sort of things your man brings you and the gentleman will have no choice but to yield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnRd3he8Pms

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ok i went velvet chicken

now what vidja to play hmm

• Options
    panzermodels: tank dating simulator

somewhere an ai is just creating games with a markov chain generator i think

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Microsoft has announced it will natively support cross-platform play between Xbox One, Windows 10, and other "online multiplayer networks." The move effectively opens the Xbox Live platform so that it can accommodate players on Sony's PlayStation Network, among others.
    one day the consoles will realize, deep down, they were PC's all along

This discussion has been closed.