As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Portraits of Some People", a Photography [chat] Assembled From Errant Open Tabs

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    would it be uncouth to say you might be thinking about moving on at a strategic planning meeting

just throw a wrench into everything up front

things have been ramping up quickly and sloppily around here for a while and we're about to realize we need to change A LOT of things

brain is like get out get out

#vaguepost

If anything that seems like a good time to bring it up, assuming you intended on telling your employer before finding another job, if the alternative is them making plans the depend on the presence of you specifically.

Although if you do say something, you should probably be pretty sure that you are moving on.

well I'm not staying here long term, I already know that. it's just a question of when to leave, when the stress breaks me at some point (it tends to ebb and flow but the background stress has as I said been ramping up lately), or if a life decision necessitates a job change.

yeah idk, I think "I won't be here forever" isn't a bad way to sort of bring it up if people start planning around my presence in the future. everyone's replaceable, anyway. (except I'm awesome and do lots of stuff and will be sorely missed I'm sure huehue)

Frankly, I think "I won't be here forever" is a given - everybody knows that. It's just a question of when. From my perspective, I'd say only say something if you have a specific end date in mind.

For the record this is my general policy too, but there are certain fields/jobs (like law firms) where the assumption can be that you're on a partner/director track unless stated otherwise, which can justify handling things a little differently.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    velvet elvis is a pretty spot on zenyatta mondatta-era police parody actually

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I need to shave

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I've been in a constant state of burnout since the age of 14. I don't think I know what not-burnout feels like

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    there were too many coreys in the 80s

who can keep track

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    there were too many coreys in the 80s

who can keep track

Burned out on coreys

• Options
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

I definitely agree with the commenter on that video who wrote
    Whenever people think about Al, they think about his parodies of specific songs. But they almost never think about his style parodies or his original works, which are just as great. And his polka medleys are out of this world. He's an outstanding student of music; I'll bet he could write and perform an album of "serious," sober tunes and it could be a best-seller.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    vangirl was like i don't want bolognese i want something lighter yesterday

today she comes home with ingredients for penne alla vodka with sausage

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    How is it 7pm and the sun is still out?!?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    emnmnme wrote: »

sorcery

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Whenever people think about Al, they think about his parodies of specific songs. But they almost never think about his style parodies or his original works, which are just as great. And his polka medleys are out of this world. He's an outstanding student of music; I'll bet he could write and perform an album of "serious," sober tunes and it could be a best-seller.

Dare to Be Stupid is such a rad homage to devo.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options

yeah his ability to just completely understand the sound of a genre is pretty amazing

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    vangirl was like i don't want bolognese i want something lighter yesterday

today she comes home with ingredients for penne alla vodka with sausage

Well duh.

That was yesterday

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

sorcery

A dark ritual

Ironically

• Options
    Sometimes Puns Are a Sign of a Damaged Brain

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/03/sometimes-puns-are-a-sign-of-a-damaged-brain.html?mid=fb-share-scienceofus

@Gooey @Ludious i didn't finish the article but i'm pretty sure the cure is lobotomy

i'll schedule an appointment

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Cored out on Bernies

• Options
    MrAnthropy wrote: »

Dare to Be Stupid is such a rad homage to devo.

it's great. and as an REM dude I have to love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glFVXpz_abQ

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    , made $50 in an hour and 20 minutes driving. South by Southwest is putting decent cash in my pocket for not very much effort.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    happy_by_alexpascenko-d4ouihl.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Dare to be Stupid is a legit good song

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    They Might Be Giants is.another band who switches seamlessly between eras and genres

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Cored out on Bernies

51MD8QHVR5L._SY445_.jpg

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Cored out on Bernies

feel the core

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    I've been in a constant state of burnout since the age of 14. I don't think I know what not-burnout feels like

Actually being excited about stuff at work is neat.

I miss it.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    cwukemneto0e.jpg

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    They Might Be Giants is.another band who switches seamlessly between eras and genres

as long as that era isn't current

badum-tish
    I <3 TMBG

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    Cored out on Bernies

feel the core

burn the feels

• Options
    Cored out on Bernies

feel the core

burn the feels

berninate the peasants

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    So,

Why doesn't Castro or whomever, just let people mail order citizenship and passports.

It would be hilarious.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Cored out on Bernies

feel the core

burn the feels

I'm not your burn, core!

This discussion has been closed.