As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Portraits of Some People", a Photography [chat] Assembled From Errant Open Tabs

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    ok i went velvet chicken

now what vidja to play hmm

Ultima IX: Ascension

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    ok i went velvet chicken

i think i actually still have that somewhere

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ok i went velvet chicken

i think i actually still have that somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvDoVw0TnvY

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Ultima XIII: Descension

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Gim wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I have a flight to catch in a few hours.

The youngest of our cats, who never cuddles with me, decided to sit in my lap.

swYcW9o.png

It's okay, everybody!

My flight was delayed four hours!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, what...I mean, who are the gargoyles?

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry, what...I mean, who are the gargoyles?

John, you are the gargoyles.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    panzermodels: tank dating simulator

somewhere an ai is just creating games with a markov chain generator i think

i mean the japanese already did it for ships and guns

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    panzermodels: tank dating simulator

somewhere an ai is just creating games with a markov chain generator i think

i mean the japanese already did it for ships and guns

i'll take your word for it

this is a world i have not explored

• Options
    i have all these games and i just never feel like playing any of them so i just end up playing total war again

i have a problem

• Options
    There's a caption to go with this picture but fuck it, it stands alone

lxj8oeb8dna1.png

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    i have all these games and i just never feel like playing any of them so i just end up playing total war again

i have a problem

no no don't play that! play that one! yeah that one!

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Oh hey the sun came out finally.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options

just like annie said it would!

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    would it be uncouth to say you might be thinking about moving on at a strategic planning meeting

just throw a wrench into everything up front

things have been ramping up quickly and sloppily around here for a while and we're about to realize we need to change A LOT of things

brain is like get out get out

#vaguepost

• Options

just like annie said it would!

She's a witch!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    after living several consecutive 4 day weekends i have come to a conclusion

4 days is too much

3 days, on the other hand, is perfect

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    would it be uncouth to say you might be thinking about moving on at a strategic planning meeting

things have been ramping up quickly and sloppily around here for a while and we're about to realize we need to change A LOT of things

#vaguepost

probably the wrong venue, yes

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    ugh

so very tired

need to run errands

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

4 days is too much

Fridays or Mondays?

• Options

#vaguepost

in general it's not something i would announce just because it opens the door for you being treated like you're moving on

but i dunno what kind of professional relationship there is where maybe it wouldn't end up that way

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

4 days is too much

Fridays or Mondays?

either, rotate if possible

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

#vaguepost

If anything that seems like a good time to bring it up, assuming you intended on telling your employer before finding another job, if the alternative is them making plans the depend on the presence of you specifically.

Although if you do say something, you should probably be pretty sure that you are moving on.

• Options
    what about 7 day weekends

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CvgdyN0SQk

• Options
    japan wrote: »

#vaguepost

If anything that seems like a good time to bring it up, assuming you intended on telling your employer before finding another job, if the alternative is them making plans the depend on the presence of you specifically.

Although if you do say something, you should probably be pretty sure that you are moving on.

well I'm not staying here long term, I already know that. it's just a question of when to leave, when the stress breaks me at some point (it tends to ebb and flow but the background stress has as I said been ramping up lately), or if a life decision necessitates a job change.

yeah idk, I think "I won't be here forever" isn't a bad way to sort of bring it up if people start planning around my presence in the future. everyone's replaceable, anyway. (except I'm awesome and do lots of stuff and will be sorely missed I'm sure huehue)

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm going to need to let all my tv shows backlog for when I'm in a sling. There's nothing else to do for those 3 weeks

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

24/7 day weekends

• Options
    I just rarely every get excited about my work anymore (more valleys than peaks unfortunately), or feel happy to go in to the office.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

I'm a fan.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    today i learned that velvet chicken is apparently a thing that people eat

do you do while wearing velvet clothes beneath your framed velvet elvis

steam_sig.png
  • Options

#vaguepost

well I'm not staying here long term, I already know that. it's just a question of when to leave, when the stress breaks me at some point (it tends to ebb and flow but the background stress has as I said been ramping up lately), or if a life decision necessitates a job change.

yeah idk, I think "I won't be here forever" isn't a bad way to sort of bring it up if people start planning around my presence in the future. everyone's replaceable, anyway. (except I'm awesome and do lots of stuff and will be sorely missed I'm sure huehue)

Frankly, I think "I won't be here forever" is a given - everybody knows that. It's just a question of when. From my perspective, I'd say only say something if you have a specific end date in mind.

• Options

um yes

• Options

#vaguepost

Frankly, I think "I won't be here forever" is a given - everybody knows that. It's just a question of when. From my perspective, I'd say only say something if you have a specific end date in mind.

"soon" :P

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

I think thats just chicken flavored velvet

• Options

#vaguepost

honestly I think people running this place probably know that, but push it very far back in their minds and don't think about it much. there has not been much turnover here at all.

• Options
    I just rarely every get excited about my work anymore (more valleys than peaks unfortunately), or feel happy to go in to the office.

This sounds like burn out, and burn out is a bitch. I stayed two years too long and nearly killed myself over it at my old job, on top of a hostile work environment.

If you can, start considering other potential venues or workplaces. Work towards finding out what sort of work makes you happy and what you desire in a workplace as well.

• Options
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

#vaguepost

you gotta wait until the right moment

like just when it looks like they are going to get somewhere with their manning issues and the boss exhales, runs his hand through his thinning hair that wasn't grey in february, and says "alright, I think we can make this" you go "oh and by the way I'm moving on"

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.