As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Portraits of Some People", a Photography [chat] Assembled From Errant Open Tabs

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Is there something special about Star-Harvest Moon?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    So kids got Goat Simulator over weekend. It feels like someone's drunk idea for a Tony Hawk mod that was published on a whim.

Bravo game developers, bravo.

that was the actual mission statement i think

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Chanus wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    facial hair is weird

for the longest time after hitting puberty i only ever used to grow significant facial hair around my lips

then last year i started getting thick under-chin hair growth

i guess it was existential crisis facial hair or something? who knows. it's here to stay though.

i'm asian so it'll never be a full beard or anything. which is fine because i prefer to be clean-shaven

how many animes have you watched in the last year

chanus this may come as a surprise but i actually have only watched 3 animes in the last 7-8 years

which is probably more than most people in chat but still

have you started wearing a fedora or playing magic the gathering

i'm just trying to rule out a case of chronic neckbeard developing

i actually quit playing magic a long time ago

i've been clean chanus! i swear

i also own no hats other than a full-head knit cap to keep my ears warm in winter!

Orphane on
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    my friend just sent me a link to a receptionist job at a clinic that specializes in aspergers patients. So after a bit of slight searching, I guess it is not a terribly uncommon opinion that trans people are possibly autistic or have aspergers, and dysphoria is only a symptom or some nonsense. My friend for some reason also thinks I might be autistic, and so reading this stuff is really just making me feel bad. It doesn't help that I came across quite a few medical "opinions" that were just really not ok. Blech.

i wouldn't rush to self diagnose

i think almost everyone can look at the symptoms of aspergers and think "oh shit that's me" but, it's kinda more complicated than that

Oh I don't think I have it, I just think it is an unpleasant apparent stereotype, which could potentially make applying for this job awkward.

huh

it's honestly not something i've ever heard of before?

I've only heard of it very recently and I have no idea just how common the idea is.

I would like to think that an actual medical institution dealing primarily in Asperger's patients wouldn't be cross-populated by the internet 'everything is Asperger's' crowd.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    you may now check the box on your spreadsheet under "does not own a fedora (thank god)"

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @OnTheLastCastle now i'm throwing out all of the chicken because of it's inferior processing

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also man if people are mistaking your pee for cider you might want to consider drinking more water and/or seeing a doctor

Er, no. Don't go see a doctor if your piss is yellow. Come on.

i was thinking more like this

y14lzxqzq69v.jpg

• Options
    facial hair is weird

for the longest time after hitting puberty i only ever used to grow significant facial hair around my lips

then last year i started getting thick under-chin hair growth

i guess it was existential crisis facial hair or something? who knows. it's here to stay though.

i'm asian so it'll never be a full beard or anything. which is fine because i prefer to be clean-shaven

how many animes have you watched in the last year

chanus this may come as a surprise but i actually have only watched 3 animes in the last 7-8 years

which is probably more than most people in chat but still

have you started wearing a fedora or playing magic the gathering

i'm just trying to rule out a case of chronic neckbeard developing

i actually quit playing magic a long time ago

i've been clean chanus! i swear

i also own no hats other than a full-heat knit cap to keep my ears warm in winter!

hmm probably a tumor then

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    my friend just sent me a link to a receptionist job at a clinic that specializes in aspergers patients. So after a bit of slight searching, I guess it is not a terribly uncommon opinion that trans people are possibly autistic or have aspergers, and dysphoria is only a symptom or some nonsense. My friend for some reason also thinks I might be autistic, and so reading this stuff is really just making me feel bad. It doesn't help that I came across quite a few medical "opinions" that were just really not ok. Blech.

i think almost everyone can look at the symptoms of aspergers and think "oh shit that's me" but, it's kinda more complicated than that

Oh I don't think I have it, I just think it is an unpleasant apparent stereotype, which could potentially make applying for this job awkward.

huh

I've only heard of it very recently and I have no idea just how common the idea is.

I would like to think that an actual medical institution dealing primarily in Asperger's patients wouldn't be cross-populated by the internet 'everything is Asperger's' crowd.

or what if the internet is right and everything is asperger's

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Chanus this was at night in a not well lit house and the bottle was dark. It isn't that weird that it could be mistaken for cider.

I'm not sure why I'm defending the actions that led to two freshmen unwittingly drinking urine, but yeah.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

huh

or what if the internet is right and everything is asperger's

When has the internet ever been right

• Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    also man if people are mistaking your pee for cider you might want to consider drinking more water and/or seeing a doctor

Er, no. Don't go see a doctor if your piss is yellow. Come on.

i was thinking more like this

y14lzxqzq69v.jpg

Your urine should be opaque, that's the sign of healthy bladder flora

What do you think all those probiotics are for?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    in retrospect it does seem silly to assume people were playing beer pong with hot cider

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    my first thought was for her to just tell him she has a boyfriend

except there's unfortunate patriarchal implications to that answer

so the best thing is likely just to say no she's not interested

but then what if the guy is a jerk about it

So then I'm back to just tell him she has a boyfriend

Which is shitty that a girl has to, I don't know, "belong" to someone to get people to leave her alone

This patriarchy thing sucks

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I wonder, will a day come when chat can provide anything but the worst responses to a given thing

Not yet, comes the reply

Not yet

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    why am i watching a "top 10" video about fast food items?

i'm so hangry.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Which is shitty that a girl has to, I don't know, "belong" to someone to get people to leave her alone

saying you have a boyfriend doesn't have to have patriarchal implications

some people choose monogamy

• Options
    opaque, with a deep reddish tinge, and the consistency of partially-crystallized honey

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder, will a day come when chat can provide anything but the worst responses to a given thing

Not yet, comes the reply

Not yet

Real question: did he know you'd be away because if he's timed it deliberately that makes it a bit more nefarious

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

i'm so hangry.

*sweats*
    What's the #1 choice?

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Is there an Android program (or system setting) that lets you change vibration/loudness settings at specified future points? I forget to silence it when sleeping sometimes, which can suck (and also has led to people not messaging me when they think I'm sleeping) or forget to make it make sound again, and paranoid during classes and such. If I could set it to turn itself silent or loud or whatever at specified points, that'd be rad.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    man, dat intro. I can't remember the last time I fell so in love with the first two seconds of a soundtrack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct3wq1veSdI

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    have you tried challenging him to 1v1 in mid

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

i'm so hangry.

*sweats*
    What's the #1 choice?

The Double Down family of KFC eating options.

In other words, the Double Down, the Double Down zinger, the super korean Double Down mess and the Double down dog from the philippines.

• Options
    My beard is just kind of mediocre.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

saying you have a boyfriend doesn't have to have patriarchal implications

some people choose monogamy

and it's not the only thing that gets people to leave you alone

but it's the mildest way to get people to leave you alone

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Is there an Android program (or system setting) that lets you change vibration/loudness settings at specified future points? I forget to silence it when sleeping sometimes, which can suck (and also has led to people not messaging me when they think I'm sleeping) or forget to make it make sound again, and paranoid during classes and such. If I could set it to turn itself silent or loud or whatever at specified points, that'd be rad.

what version of android?

5.0 has this built in

edit: under~ settings | sound & notification | do not disturb | automatic rules

Aioua on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    a
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    i got nothing against a nice cold limoncello on a really hot summer eve with a beautiful woman you guys really need to learn about drinking experiences outside of slugging something down while the next event in LoL loads up

I feel insulted.

First LoL?

Second I prefer to have a nice scotch while sitting next to a beautiful lady. Mostly because I like scotch and ladies.

(I have done this. Lady was drinking scotch,too. Sitting outside enjoying a nice spring night)

Man when I drink scotch next to my spouse he's like "that smells disgusting; please keep your distance"

so sad

He is not a good drinking buddy; becomes sad if drinking more than a tiny amount.

@credeiki i finallyfound the thing we are the same about

that is to say, scotch scotch scotch

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Airports which require a bus to transfer between terminals should be abolished, along with the wage system

• Options

i'm so hangry.

How many of them are "the last thing, but deep fried".

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

what version of android?

5.0 has this built in

Hrm, where?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Speaking of beards

My beard has reached the point where people are literally asking me for advice about outdoorsmanship

I have to tell them "no, you see, I'm more the kind of person who says 'outdoorsmanship' and disappears while you put up the tent."

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options

huh

People who read textbooks are the most likely to think that everything is something from the textbook.

• Options
    japan wrote: »

i'm so hangry.

How many of them are "the last thing, but deep fried".

None, actually, since they're all items sold in chains.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the division store selling military outfits is dumb, they need to sell ridiculous outfits

I want a sailor moon outfit

• Options

what version of android?

5.0 has this built in

Hrm, where?

settings | sound & notification | do not disturb | automatic rules

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

@shivahn I just caught up on chat to see this

Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Interruptions you can set a downtime where only alarms and things you set as Priority will come up

I have not tested this extensively but it looks like what you want

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Thanks A* you are the best!

This discussion has been closed.