As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Election Season: More Argument than Duck Season v. Rabbit Season

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    If I bought anything and someone returned it without my permission I'd be relatively miffed.

I mean, I bought it for a reason!

What if it was returned by your new wife, who was confused and alarmed by your confusing and alarming purchasing of canned soup en masse, and the things she returned was your legion of canned soups

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Ted Cruz knows that the day will come, one day soon, when he opens the pantry and the soup is not to be found there. And in place of the soup is Jesus Christ, come to anoint His chosen leader of men.

(1) On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, Ted Cruz took the can opener he had prepared and went to the pantry. (2) He found the stone rolled away from the pantry, (3) but when he entered, he did not find the 100 cans of soup. (4) While he was wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside him. (5) In his fright Ted Cruz bowed down with his face to the ground, but the men said to him, “Why do you look for the living among the food stores? (6) He is not here; he has risen!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    If I bought anything and someone returned it without my permission I'd be relatively miffed.

What if it was returned by your new wife, who was confused and alarmed by your confusing and alarming purchasing of canned soup en masse, and the things she returned was your legion of canned soups

Hopefully I would have married someone who I have a level of communication with that they would have talked to me before, during, or after purchasing said cans of soup and we would have been able to reach a consensus like mature adults instead of her feeling the need to do something behind my back?

But I dunno I also live in California having 100 cans of soup stashed away somewhere would probably not be an awful idea.

• Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    All else considered, the final line, "And so when Ted opened the pantry, I had to quickly tell him that I would go back and buy those cans again," paints a very dark picture of the Cruz household.

There is that, but there's also sort of a humorous interpretation where you see him open the pantry, and all his soup is gone, and he's so sad and confused.

Scene ripe for improv: Newlywed Ted, barefoot, gazing blankly out the front window, realizes his bride is gone and she took the soup.

Go!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Ted Cruz knows that the day will come, one day soon, when he opens the pantry and the soup is not to be found there. And in place of the soup is Jesus Christ, come to anoint His chosen leader of men.

(1) On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, Ted Cruz took the can opener he had prepared and went to the pantry. (2) He found the stone rolled away from the pantry, (3) but when he entered, he did not find the 100 cans of soup. (4) While he was wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside him. (5) In his fright Ted Cruz bowed down with his face to the ground, but the men said to him, “Why do you look for the living among the food stores? (6) He is not here; he has risen!

Campbell be thy name

• Options

Hopefully I would have married someone who I have a level of communication with that they would have talked to me before, during, or after purchasing said cans of soup and we would have been able to reach a consensus like mature adults instead of her feeling the need to do something behind my back?

But I dunno I also live in California having 100 cans of soup stashed away somewhere would probably not be an awful idea.

What if your attitude and demeanour and body language during the soup purchasing intimidated your new wife into a fearful silence

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

What if your attitude and demeanour and body language during the soup purchasing intimidated your new wife into a fearful silence

I can't think of an attitude/demeanor one could adopt while buying 100 cans of soup that wouldn't freak someone the fuck out, much less someone I'd married the day before.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    "Honey we need to talk about your soup purchasing."
    "Hang on, I've got 8 more bags to bring in."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "Don't worry, I've got 8 more bags to bring in."

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    So Trump failed to come up with his favorite part of the bible recently despite Lot being like right there Donald.

"the part where it says the rich shall inherit the earth"
    As the grandson of a preacher, I I saw myself smashing my head against the wall if someone ever said this seriously. That's the really sad thing, that someone might believe this.
    They don't have to believe, it's been happening for a long time now.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    "Soup? Soup soup soup soup. Soup! Soup soup soup soup bisque."

No I don't.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    This fucking election, though

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The Cruz college roommate thing just highlights to me how weird politics is gonna start getting as the internet generation gets into it.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Totally not the Zodiac Killer

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    The Cruz college roommate thing just highlights to me how weird politics is gonna start getting as the internet generation gets into it.

I was actually commenting to a friend last night that of all things I have taken from this election cycle it is that the old ways are dying, and fast. Like the campaign stylings of the 90's and early 00's are dead. Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc have changed the way these races operate at a base level, and the willingness of folks to engage in this manner will only increase as time goes on.

• Options
    Part of me really laments how much some of the debates sound like, well, a slightly less (overtly) obscene version of this forum pre-edict. But the rest of me realizes that politics has always been that immature, people used to just couch it all behind a slimy veneer of propriety.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Part of me really laments how much some of the debates sound like, well, a slightly less (overtly) obscene version of this forum pre-edict. But the rest of me realizes that politics has always been that immature, people used to just couch it all behind a slimy veneer of propriety.

And then if you go back far enough it loops around and people running for elected office are calling their opponents drunken syphilitc dogfucking traitors

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    but why would you buy one hundred cans in one trip

I don't think I've ever bought more than six or seven cans in one trip, and they were not just one kind of soup!

There is the idea the story is not true CD.

That would be even more strange.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

I don't think I've ever bought more than six or seven cans in one trip, and they were not just one kind of soup!

People tell dumb lies all the time, the majority of my twenties stand in sad testament to this.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

They needed a story to humanize him and obviously had to make something up, but they didn't want to go full Ben Carson and claim Cruz tried to kill someone. "Bought a hundred cans of soup" was the compromise choice.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    You guys are getting awfully judgemental of Teddy Cruise's extreme couponing.

All you need is soup, and the decadence of you non-soup eaters is why this nation is in debt.

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    You guys are getting awfully judgemental of Teddy Cruise's extreme couponing.

All you need is soup, and the decadence of you non-soup eaters is why this nation is in debt.

What you call decadence I call supporting local farmers.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I know like actual doomsday preppers. And even they fucking diversify.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Look, 100 cans of soup isn't even enough soup for 17 days split between two people if you're eating three meals a day.

What's so strange about doing less than a month's grocery shopping all at once?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    what kind of fucking grown ass man only eats soup? what, hot pockets too involved of a process? is a fucking hungry man too complicated?

this indicates to me that ted cruz is a lazy man-child.

• Options
    Soup's so easy, you just open the can and eat. No reason to heat it up, it's good right from the can. And there are so many types! Chicken noodle, homestyle chicken noodle, chunky chicken noodle, chicken noodle and stars, scooby-do chicken and noodle, stars and chicken and noodle, creamy chicken and noodle, chicken pot pie and noodle.

No I don't.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I think the day I eat soup directly from a can without even bothering to heat it up is the day I have given up on life.

• Options
    I think the day I eat soup directly from a can without even bothering to heat it up is the day I have given up on life.

What I'm saying is that she already married Ted Cruz, so she's already over half way there.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Yeah thats like people who eat Top Ramen without cooking it. More animal than man.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I eat ramen without cooking it.

I basically use it as chips.
    PRobably more unhealthy than chips though.

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »

YOU DISGUST ME!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

The Sound of Silence just started playing as I looked wistfully into nothing.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Psykoma wrote: »

YOU DISGUST ME!

It's delicious and cheap and I don't have to heat up my non-air conditioned house to cook it during the summer months.
    No downsides.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Soup's so easy, you just open the can and eat. No reason to heat it up, it's good right from the can. And there are so many types! Chicken noodle, homestyle chicken noodle, chunky chicken noodle, chicken noodle and stars, scooby-do chicken and noodle, stars and chicken and noodle, creamy chicken and noodle, chicken pot pie and noodle.

Have you got anything without noodle?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

We have some chicken and letters. Pasta letters.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Stoned Ricky would probably buy 100 cans of soup in a single go. But I'm willing to let that slide since he's not, ya know, trying to run a country.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    what kind of fucking grown ass man only eats soup? what, hot pockets too involved of a process? is a fucking hungry man too complicated?

this indicates to me that ted cruz is a lazy man-child.

Nah you throw that in a pot add a can of potato soup and Baby you got a stew going

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    interesting fact, most canned soups don't require chewing.

No I don't.
  • Options

We have some chicken and letters. Pasta letters.

I don't want any pasta.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.