As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]less whisper and shared universes

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Maybe, just maybe, I should not have squeezed the milk out of all the animals.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    huh, it's not working for castle...

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    I'm trying to think of any object where I couldn't come up with some possible use case.

Nothing so far.

your dick heyooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

heyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    These pumpkins are rotting, better save the seeds.

WHY DO YOU HAVE ROTTING PUMPKINS AND WHY ARE YOU SAVING THE SEEDS???!!!?!??!

It breaks me!

why don't they just use some of those Elixirs

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

It breaks me!

Same reason they print 8000 page pdfs

Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown

JESUS CHRIST THIS META

Effort posted about organ donation

Back to pancakes, meta and political shitposting i guess

This accursed liberal echo chamber *shakes fist*

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the only hoarding that is reasonable is pogs

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I'm trying to think of any object where I couldn't come up with some possible use case.

Nothing so far.

buttplugs designed for djinn that kill humans on contact but only if you touch them voluntarily and aren't TRICKED into touching them and if you decided to commit suicide by touching one it teleports you to a crisis center and all Djinn are dead

Ludious on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i'm going to beat the sentinels one shot tonight but i bet it's real hard and it takes all night to do and i don't play any dark souls or salt

fuuuuuuu

• Options
    hoarding involves poop
    However, IF the stars aligned and the story was too good AND we knew from the outset that there was a situation, we would move forward. One time there were twin sisters in their 50s/60s and they were using their tub to shit in. And they would occasionally scoop it to make room for more. We showed it in the episode but we had to limit the screen time.

what the fuuuuuuuck

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

Nothing so far.

buttplugs designed for djinn that kill humans on contact but only if you touch them voluntarily and aren't TRICKED into touching them and if you decided to commit suicide by touching one it teleports you to a crisis center and all Djinn are dead

what if a kinky djinn comes over?

you want to be a bad host?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Okay so CYD means calendar year deductible. So instead of a doctor office visit having a copay of $20 it would be the deductible + 20%, I'm confused.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    (east moving to DC highly unlikely, sorry guys)

I can guess a few reasons to this. From Boston giving a sloppy blow job for probably their largest or one of their largest conventions a year when in DC it would be kind of normal. I was at an HIV conference that broke 100k here a few years back.

Also Mike and Jerry being old nerds where change is not our strong suit.

well, also ultimately there needs to be a reason to change, too

East sells out in minutes and now has a healthy base of local Enforcers

no reason to strangle the golden goose

Comes down to growth verse stability.

Moving to DC might change a years sell out but you can also sell more tickets than you can at Boston. Timing though I can see being difficult because late march/early april is cherry blossom season and the city does get tourist.

At the same time when it comes to infrastructure outside of probably LA and NYC there are few places in the US as good at handling insane crowds as DC.

Top it off the location of the DC center is kind of in a weird area with a lot of tech hqs for news outlets.

Maybe,

I'm not sure PA is interested (primarily) in selling more tickets per event.

I only went to East once but I didn't think it was particularly bad at handling the crowds. The biggest problem with East is a lack walking-distance hotels but they're building more. And they're expanding the BCEC.

I can say verse my experience at prime (2010,2011) and East last year Prime was much more accessible to the different parts of the building and the events. It was crowded but not stifling. East last year was hard to get anywhere or look at games or items. Space felt more of a premium than it did at Prime. Flow was not as good. And the hotel thing I agree with.

The DC convention center is also really nice and I liked it better than the BCEC.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Okay so CYD means calendar year deductible. So instead of a doctor office visit having a copay of $20 it would be the deductible + 20%, I'm confused.

I'm betting that's a Health Reimbursement Account plan

so like, you gotta pay upfront costs for a lot of stuff

but then your company gives you a big pile of money to pay it with

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    bleh why am i still even pretending to work

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I hoard the hoarders

• Options
    i'm gonna find out how many pushups I can do in 2 minutes! @rockrnger

• Options
    has hoarders ever had a gun hoarder?

like every square inch of their house is just piles of rifles, pistols, shotguns, and ammunition

with a small lake of gun oil in the few bare spots of floor that exist

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    (east moving to DC highly unlikely, sorry guys)

I can guess a few reasons to this. From Boston giving a sloppy blow job for probably their largest or one of their largest conventions a year when in DC it would be kind of normal. I was at an HIV conference that broke 100k here a few years back.

Also Mike and Jerry being old nerds where change is not our strong suit.

well, also ultimately there needs to be a reason to change, too

East sells out in minutes and now has a healthy base of local Enforcers

no reason to strangle the golden goose

Comes down to growth verse stability.

Moving to DC might change a years sell out but you can also sell more tickets than you can at Boston. Timing though I can see being difficult because late march/early april is cherry blossom season and the city does get tourist.

At the same time when it comes to infrastructure outside of probably LA and NYC there are few places in the US as good at handling insane crowds as DC.

Top it off the location of the DC center is kind of in a weird area with a lot of tech hqs for news outlets.

Maybe,

I'm not sure PA is interested (primarily) in selling more tickets per event.

I only went to East once but I didn't think it was particularly bad at handling the crowds. The biggest problem with East is a lack walking-distance hotels but they're building more. And they're expanding the BCEC.

I can say verse my experience at prime (2010,2011) and East last year Prime was much more accessible to the different parts of the building and the events. It was crowded but not stifling. East last year was hard to get anywhere or look at games or items. Space felt more of a premium than it did at Prime. Flow was not as good. And the hotel thing I agree with.

The DC convention center is also really nice and I liked it better than the BCEC.

dang if East has worse flow than Prime (even five years ago) then they're putting too many people in there!

prime's a goddamn labyrinth and east is a a giant box with giant hallways on the side

east should win every time

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Orphane wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    to which the answer is usually sit there like a lemon and we'll tell you what we want you to do but i am a feared that i will walk in and they will be like ok give your presentation and then my pants fall down and the spaghetti spills out of my pockets

And then they give you an award for your amazing pantless spaghetti presentation and before you know it you've got slap signals coming to you regarding the deep space meat account?
    it hasn't happened yet but it is technically in the realm of possibility *frets*

just abandon all responsibilities and embrace the emptiness withint
    uh i already do that

i know

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Nothing so far.

what if a kinky djinn comes over?

you want to be a bad host?

read that again

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I know PAX isn't that concerned with badge sales. Cause their prices are insanely low compared to other cons their size.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    wtf hoarder thing are y'all even reading

wait i dont want to know i take it back

• Options
    East was practically unbearable last year. If it's the same this year I may be done with East.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    The pumpkins I can understand. You get a bunch of squash or pumpkins in the fall, telling yourself you'll use them through the winter. Then spring rolls around and oops you never did, and now they're all mush. And you feel guilty for letting them go to waste but hey maybe you can salvage the seeds, you always like roasted pumpkin seeds.

And then in six months you see the little baggie of seeds and you go "hey do you remember why we're saving these?" And then you throw them out.

Edit: in fact this is why all these hoarder stories kind of bother me like attacking sakuracon bothers kana. A lot of it is very personally relatable, and calling these people out for shock value just rubs me the wrong way.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    i'm chatting with xbox support to cancel my preorder, lud

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

It breaks me!

they let her keep the seeds because it was much smaller, not rotting and made her feel in control

i think the control is the most important part

I've got some hoarder tendencies (as the library on my bedroom floor is a testament to) and despite paying money to have people come and clean my apartment every month I don't let them clean my room or office. It's a mix of anxiety and honestly a bit of shame/guilt (I shouldn't make someone else clean this), and the sense that it's something I want to do myself because I need to decide where everything goes and sort through what I have, etc, even though I know factually that this is a thing I will not do until absolutely forced to.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    jake:

W7oaZdu.png

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Well god damnit.

The managers tend to let folks go early on the day before a company holiday. But not us. We don't leave till the director of IT leaves. And that dude is still sittin' in his damn office. :(

• Options
    you have the will and self control of a clinically depressed hedonist

• Options
    edited March 2016
    it's a shame microsoft is reigning their chatbot in

I'd love to see this go on for another week and see how deep down the well we could go

the thing could probably beat trump on the debate stage within a month
    Trump: Sorry losers and hates, but my IQ is one of the highest -and you know it!
    TayTweets: FUCK MY ROBOT PUSSY DADDY I'M SUCH A BAD NAUGHTY ROBOT. No the Holocaust was made up!

Point goes to TayTweets

override367 on
  • Options
    Arch wrote: »
    wtf hoarder thing are y'all even reading

wait i dont want to know i take it back

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4bqja1/redditors_who_worked_on_shows_like_my_strange/

• Options
    you have the will and self control of a clinically depressed hedonist

yes you know me well

i was always planning to do it since you told me i could cancel my preorder

but i may not play it right away. i do love salt and sanctuary.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    My dream is to marry a nice girl with OCD who finds cleaning and organizing things soothing.

• Options

I'd love to see this go on for another week and see how deep down the well we could go

the bloated corpse of an orangutan that forms words by gases formed from decomposition being queefed out of its vagina could beat donald trump in a debate

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

@Evil Multifarious

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I am a child of a hoarder. I will throw anything out even if it is a dear heirloom. It sometimes means I have to rebuy things and that isn't financially smart but I'm also not a hoarder.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    p much all conventions are terrible for their own specific reasons

this is true of comic con

it's true of awp

etc

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Winky wrote: »
    My dream is to marry a nice girl with OCD who finds cleaning and organizing things soothing.

Having been on the other side of that equation, she'll drive you nuts with it and will resent you when you start teasing her about it

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.