" Hi :) "

if i tried that shit on tinder

this misandry

i don't know if this is because women aren't used to making initial contact and therefore suck at it

or it's just that people suck at it in general and men aren't used to being on the receiving end of mediocre initiation

more the second probably, given what i've seen from women on tinder complaining about dumbs

i think there are really two types

people that are kinda self aware and realize that 'yeah you have to actually say SOMETHING to get the conversation started, not just boring old 'hey'

but i had a girl on Tinder once get upset at some joke i opened up with because she didn't understand it and she said it was weird and that 'normal people just say 'Hey' '

which, just, i think i flipped my phone away in frustration at reading htat

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I haven't pooped since at least Saturday, maybe earlier

Whatever is ruining my insides has clogged me up

um

i've gone 4-5 days with no problem, but you should probably take something jake especially if it's hurting

and drink a ton of water

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/bab/5496744598.html
    01111_4a5A9PuCcSG_600x450.jpg

so perfect. Why is this not a thing in my area!?

They sell it on amazon for not much more: http://www.amazon.com/North-States-Superyard-Colorplay-Playard/dp/B006NTY1HK

They have three colors. The one that's shown (each panel is a different bright color), gray, or sand. I wonder what kind of shitty parent buys gray or sand.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    She just didn't appreciate you for you, Brian, and is also probably the type of person who listens to top 40 and nothing else

I'm glad that along with the phone, you also obviously emotionally cast that failed interaction aside

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Kana

like, it's not about nerd-on-nerd violence

It's about my passion for convention management and frustrations with a pigheaded venue.

the WSCC should be able to differentiate a well-run convention from an amateur-hour show, but they don't, and it will always irk me to some degree because it drags down the show I work so hard to make happen year after year.

Of course the question is

Does that mean that WSCC can't differentiate

Or does it mean there's not actually as much difference as you think.

.... Although speaking of dentist conventions, literally the worst people we ever hosted at the hotel were there for a dentist convention at the wscc. Holy shit dental hygienists, the most awful sloppiest drunks it turns out. Just terrible human beings!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

um

i've gone 4-5 days with no problem, but you should probably take something jake especially if it's hurting

and drink a ton of water

thats...not good.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

um

and drink a ton of water

thats...not good.

it can be fine. people have different schedules, yo. it's not my usual.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    strike 1: "normal people"
    strike 2: doesn't get jokes
    strike 3: upset by trivial differences

the guillotine for her

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    AAAAGGGGGHHHHH there is a baby jail on craigslist that i rully rully want....
    and it's available... and half the price of retail.... but its in fucking jersey....

life is unfair

Jesus. Reminding me never to cockblock you.

One strike and you're looking to have him locked up.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    If someone ate pizza with a fork in front of me I would be so confused.

have none of you ever (mistakenly) gotten pizza from somewhere where the cheese and toppings slide right off the bottom half and you are forced to use a fork, lest the whole thing become a giant mess?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Kana

It's about my passion for convention management and frustrations with a pigheaded venue.

the WSCC should be able to differentiate a well-run convention from an amateur-hour show, but they don't, and it will always irk me to some degree because it drags down the show I work so hard to make happen year after year.

.... Although speaking of dentist conventions, literally the worst people we ever hosted at the hotel were there for a dentist convention at the wscc. Holy shit dental hygienists, the most awful sloppiest drunks it turns out. Just terrible human beings!

the feedback we get from rank-and-file WSCC staff (as well as the POC people show management deal with) has always been overwhelmingly positive

it's the upper WSCC management that has a hate-on for us

especially compared the the venue management of every other place PAX exhibits where they fight to give PAX the best blowjob so it comes to their town

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

the guillotine for her

you're using your position as best chatter to wield brutal power em

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

have none of you ever (mistakenly) gotten pizza from somewhere where the cheese and toppings slide right off the bottom half and you are forced to use a fork, lest the whole thing become a giant mess?

The context of choice vs necessity is an important distinction

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Kana

I managed dental hygienist for ages when I worked at a dental office.

The terrible human beings describes 90% of that profession.

Want to get paid 38 an hour plus benefits for doing very little? Be a hygienist.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

um

and drink a ton of water

thats...not good.

Yeah but a humans schedule is like 8-16 hours. its not measured in dayysssssssssss

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    *wipes brow*

Whooh, that effortposting..

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Oh shit
    Youre not human

you're one of them

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    haha this byod cell phone program is hilarious

no one has any discipline as managers so they're approving wildly higher stipends for everyone even though i created a very specific rubric

looooooooooooooooool

sure lets give $75 to someone who just sits at a desk and doesn't need a phone anyway, what do i care

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    fucking bumble

'hey lets make it so girls have to message first'

if i tried that shit on tinder

this misandry

i don't know if this is because women aren't used to making initial contact and therefore suck at it

or it's just that people suck at it in general and men aren't used to being on the receiving end of mediocre initiation

more the second probably, given what i've seen from women on tinder complaining about dumbs

i think there are really two types

people that are kinda self aware and realize that 'yeah you have to actually say SOMETHING to get the conversation started, not just boring old 'hey'

but i had a girl on Tinder once get upset at some joke i opened up with because she didn't understand it and she said it was weird and that 'normal people just say 'Hey' '

which, just, i think i flipped my phone away in frustration at reading htat

Maybe you have my talent of whatever you say, it's the wrong thing.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Kana

Want to get paid 38 an hour plus benefits for doing very little? Be a hygienist.

heh really? fun

• Options

um

and drink a ton of water

thats...not good.

Yeah but a humans schedule is like 8-16 hours. its not measured in dayysssssssssss

you're just making shit up

• Options
    I want PAX East to move from Boston to DC after they finish their rather meh contract up there.

We have a huge convention center.

Kind of functioning public transit.

Use to giant fucking crowds. 500k rallies happen once or twice a year sometimes. Other times we get Popes. So 80k nerds is nothing.

Oh and I can stay at my place and relax on my way in and out.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

um

and drink a ton of water

thats...not good.

you're just making shit up

Every time I eat.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Hmm.. this keyboard is filthy.

I could just spend some time cleaning it.

But it's old. And it's a work keyboard. I think I'll just ask for a new one.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

the guillotine for her

you're using your position as best chatter to wield brutal power em

All power is brutal or else it is false.

*reclines on throne made of intertwined slave children*

• Options

The social agreement allows for pizza to be eaten by hand. Therefore you MUST. Satisfy your inner two-year old!

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Hmm.. this keyboard is filthy.

I could just spend some time cleaning it.

But it's old. And it's a work keyboard. I think I'll just ask for a new one.

take it over to someones desk and ask them for a can of air
    and then when they hand it to you clean it right there so all the crap just falls on their desk.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I want PAX East to move from Boston to DC after they finish their rather meh contract up there.

Use to giant fucking crowds. 500k rallies happen once or twice a year sometimes. Other times we get Popes. So 80k nerds is nothing.

Agree. DC better than Boston. And I dislike DC.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    https://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/bab/5496744598.html
    01111_4a5A9PuCcSG_600x450.jpg

so perfect. Why is this not a thing in my area!?

They sell it on amazon for not much more: http://www.amazon.com/North-States-Superyard-Colorplay-Playard/dp/B006NTY1HK

They have three colors. The one that's shown (each panel is a different bright color), gray, or sand. I wonder what kind of shitty parent buys gray or sand.

The door is friggin' $60 tho :(

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

The DC convention center is also slightly larger. The metro probably won't have any electrical fires by the time they're done with Boston too.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

um

and drink a ton of water

thats...not good.

Someone pooping every 8 hours is just as diseased

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Also getting to DC much easier for me and I could see my dad

• Options
    Kana

heh really? fun

Work weeks for most I know are 32 hours? Maybe 40 at the weird horrible corporate places.

Two years of schooling for a license.

Really everything they do can be taught in maybe 6 months?

Its a weird racket that is build around the schools limiting the supply a ton to make sure their clients (students) can pay them back.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    (east moving to DC highly unlikely, sorry guys)

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    I'm sold Mazzy will you co-found the Committee to Move PAX East to Washington, DC for the Benefit of Dignified Nerds Who May Also Actually Go See a Museum While They're Here with me

• Options
    Dignified nerds you say.

• Options

um

and drink a ton of water

thats...not good.

Someone pooping every 8 hours is just as diseased

Thats not every 8 hours. thats like 8 hours after a meal.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    (east moving to DC highly unlikely, sorry guys)

But Boston is worst ;_;

And there is good Persian fast food in DC ;_;

pleaaaaaase Aioua PLEAAAAAAAASE

• Options
    How you can tell Thor is fighting someone
    CeVhtcYWsAA4cbx.jpg

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    i poop three times a day

once when i wake up

once in the afternoon

and once in my sleep

This discussion has been closed.