As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is a Thread About [Superheroes]

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

oh hey they destroyed sydney
    Yeah, RIP

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Maybe they only rip up the postcard parts of Sydney

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Hey Man Nice Shot makes everything even cooler.

It's like whoever is cutting these trailers is trying to make specifically me go crazy

It's an 80s movie!! Use an era-appropriate song!!!

They're gonna have to make at least one more trailer with a 70s song in it, so they can use songs from every era BUT the 80s

haha I didnt even think of that, and now I'M mad too.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

Have the comics ever had a mutant or other meta-human with phenomenal destructive powers, but only against iconic landmarks?
    Because I suddenly want one. They'd obliterate Mt Rushmore with a sneeze, but not be able to scratch the average unremarkable building.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited April 2016
    F is for Falcon - pencils

4pm31dc1tyyh.jpg

DMAC on
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Have the comics ever had a mutant or other meta-human with phenomenal destructive powers, but only against iconic landmarks?
    Because I suddenly want one. They'd obliterate Mt Rushmore with a sneeze, but not be able to scratch the average unremarkable building.

They'd be a villain with deep influence in the governing bodies that declare Historical Sites, to gradually spread their power. But their degree of influence over a specific location within that sphere of influence would be linked to the cultural prominence of the site. So they could make the Eiffel Tower explode so violently that the shockwave would push the moon out of orbit, but like the house that has a plaque on it that says Jimmy Carter lived there for part of his childhood, they could maybe give that building dry rot if they concentrated for a couple days.

Name possibilities: The Monumenace? The Landmarksman?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    There's a GOTG 2 rumor floating around that
    Nathan Fillion might be playing Wonder Man.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

I feel like
    rumors about nathan fillion castings
    are basically 100% guaranteed to be false

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

I feel like
    Apparently some set photos leaked showing faux movie posters starring Simon Williams plastered up with Fillion's face all over them.

Grain of salt and all that but I could believe it.
    He was at the Civil War premiere looking pretty trim.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

They'd be a villain with deep influence in the governing bodies that declare Historical Sites, to gradually spread their power. But their degree of influence over a specific location within that sphere of influence would be linked to the cultural prominence of the site. So they could make the Eiffel Tower explode so violently that the shockwave would push the moon out of orbit, but like the house that has a plaque on it that says Jimmy Carter lived there for part of his childhood, they could maybe give that building dry rot if they concentrated for a couple days.

Name can't hint at what he does, because you need the 5-issue story arc about <SUPER TEAM> running around the world trying to chase down this terrifying new menace who's trying to intimidate nations into submission with massive displays of power, until ultimately they piece together enough clues to his secret and manage to engage him somewhere with no historical significance whatsoever - at which point he gets punched in the face once or twice and gives up.

His return plot arc starts with the prison he's in being declared a landmark.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Isn't, in some ways, what you guys are describing a sort of evil version of Power Man?

Like, he steals the emotional resonance/chi energy/whatever in these locations as a sort of power vampire, as opposed to attuning with the environment and using its power temporarily?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

Emmet Domain

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

MAN, I think that looks actively bad.

It looks super cheap and fake, like the "action" back half of that with characters in it all looks like some Lucas "filmed all on greenscreen sound stages" shit. And J. Law seems like she gives NO shits about this.

Oh, and Christ, I love Oscar Issac but this...everything about his look and performance...this might be the movie that drives me to dislike the man.

I hope it's just a shitty (series of, haven't liked any of them) trailer like Future and it's actually an alright movie but MAN.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I think it looks really good effects wise

except psyloche, she looks terrible

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Did we know before this trailer that
    Wolverine was gonna be in it?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Rumored, but not confirmed.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Not actually Wolverine

Deadpool ripped his arm off and is using it to kill dudes

• Options
    Also oh my gosh you guys I am so excited for this X-Men movie

That trailer gives a much better plot outline than any of the other ones have, and I actually really like the sounds of where they're going with the plot and how it's negotiating that weird school vs paramilitary organization thing that the X-Men always have

Plus it has like, 3/5 of my favorite X-Men characters at this point

Also, there's an unexpected character coming back, probably in a pretty minor role, that I'm inexplicably excited about:

• Options

I feel like
    Many stories are told of Nathan Fillion castings. Ten percent of them are ninety-five percent true, fourteen percent of them are sixty-five percent true, thirty-five percent of them are only five percent true, and all the rest of them are… told by Nathan Fillion.

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »

Not actually Wolverine

Deadpool ripped his arm off and is using it to kill dudes
    You're joking, but I would absolutely kill for it to actually be X-23, and that shot is a fakeout.

Of course, she only has two claws, but they could change that for the movies.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Mr. G wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Hey Man Nice Shot makes everything even cooler.

It's like whoever is cutting these trailers is trying to make specifically me go crazy

It's an 80s movie!! Use an era-appropriate song!!!

They're gonna have to make at least one more trailer with a 70s song in it, so they can use songs from every era BUT the 80s

To be honest unless they go with 80s Metal I don't know a good 80s song that would fit with this trailer. Also, needs more neon.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Apocolyse seems boring. Like Ronan boring.

But hey everyone else is cool. Should be fun.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

Name can't hint at what he does, because you need the 5-issue story arc about <SUPER TEAM> running around the world trying to chase down this terrifying new menace who's trying to intimidate nations into submission with massive displays of power, until ultimately they piece together enough clues to his secret and manage to engage him somewhere with no historical significance whatsoever - at which point he gets punched in the face once or twice and gives up.

Yes! He's just shopping at a Wal Mart, and Spider-man's there buying socks and he's like "Heeeeey... isn't that the guy? From the thing? At the place? OH CRAP", so he ducks into the dressing room and switches into his costume, and then busts out and fights the monument exploding guy!

But the guy's not a total pushover! He's got a trenchcoat full of gimmick weapons made from tourist souvenirs. Like, throwing darts made from little Washington Monuments, and Leaning Tower of Pisa nunchucks, and a fencing foil with a handle that looks like the Space Needle, and he chucks little Pyramid-caltrops all over, but Spidey doesn't care because he's not touching the ground anyway.

And then later Spidey has to break back into the Wal Mart, because he left his civilian clothes in a bundle webbed to the roof of the changing room, all his subway tokens are in his pockets, and he doesn't have enough web goo left to swing all the way back to his apartment.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    The aforementioned GOTG 2 set photos:
    There are closeups of these around as well

SIGaFVw.jpg

One of them is a Tony Stark biopic

siO2uuR.jpg

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

Yes! He's just shopping at a Wal Mart, and Spider-man's there buying socks and he's like "Heeeeey... isn't that the guy? From the thing? At the place? OH CRAP", so he ducks into the dressing room and switches into his costume, and then busts out and fights the monument exploding guy!

But the guy's not a total pushover! He's got a trenchcoat full of gimmick weapons made from tourist souvenirs. Like, throwing darts made from little Washington Monuments, and Leaning Tower of Pisa nunchucks, and a fencing foil with a handle that looks like the Space Needle, and he chucks little Pyramid-caltrops all over, but Spidey doesn't care because he's not touching the ground anyway.

And then later Spidey has to break back into the Wal Mart, because he left his civilian clothes in a bundle webbed to the roof of the changing room, all his subway tokens are in his pockets, and he doesn't have enough web goo left to swing all the way back to his apartment.

We don't use subway tokens in NYC anymore.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

We don't use subway tokens in NYC anymore.

Yeah but does New-York-616?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

SIGaFVw.jpg

siO2uuR.jpg

The actually interesting part of this to me is-- what is the context for this in a GOTG film?
    The only thing that makes sense is a flashback, but that also doesn't make sense because there's a Tony Stark biopic

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

SIGaFVw.jpg

siO2uuR.jpg

The actually interesting part of this to me is-- what is the context for this in a GOTG film?
    The only thing that makes sense is a flashback, but that also doesn't make sense because there's a Tony Stark biopic
    Tony Stark was already known as "the Merchant of Death."

If Steve Jobs can get a bio-pic, pre-hero Tony could too.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Zonugal wrote: »

SIGaFVw.jpg

siO2uuR.jpg

I bet a Tony Pepper Potts biopic would win all the Oscars

9b64865a21f3ba321ad9e961b305a0e4.jpg

Joolander on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

SIGaFVw.jpg

siO2uuR.jpg

Right, but
    Quill was abducted in the early/mid-eighties

Howard wasn't killed until the 90's and Stane ran the company for a bit before Tony came in, he wouldn't have been notorious enough for a movie until the late nineties

plus Tony was a little kid in the Stark Expo video, which was the early 70's

so this can't be a flashback to Quill's childhood

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    or these could all be background easter eggs that mean nothing

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Or he could go back to Earth during the movie.
    It's not like the place is unheard of, presumably people know where it is.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Or he could go back to Earth during the movie.
    It's not like the place is unheard of, presumably people know where it is.
    They establish that now that he's got his own ship independent of Yondu, he could go back whenever he wants

But hey man Rocket Racoon and Drax and Gamora ain't give a fuck about no earth

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    GotG speculation
    Nathan Fillion and Simon Williams are a perfect match because they both suck, imo

• Options
    eyQg2Ry.jpg

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    GotG2 Rumor
    The extent of my Wonder Man knowledge is that he was felled from blows from an unseen assailant, so Hercules had to steal someone's car.

Lars on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    The new X-Men flick has the benefit of the doubt from me because of how bad Future Past looked and how good it turned out

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    That GotG rumor
    I mean, Peter's mom mom said his dad was "an angel made of light", right

latest?cb=20110614220326

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That GotG rumor
    I mean, Peter's mom mom said his dad was "an angel made of light", right

latest?cb=20110614220326