As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] It's not the end of TNA, but you can see it from here...

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Allegedly is a weird fucking word to use with that news.

Not confirmed by WWE

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Watching Smackdown and I absolutely adore the the entire IC Title program right now.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Is it? Someone has made the claim, we don't know if it's true, so allegedly she's out with a concussion (supposedly because apparently she allegedly hit her head on a referee's knee).

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Naomi says she hopes to be cleared to come back soon. Good.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    This thread is now in the Dungeon of Doom

Can grandpa winner get us out?!

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    This thread is now in the Dungeon of Doom

Can grandpa winner get us out?!

THERE ARE NO GRANDPAMANIACS HERE!

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I'VE NEVER BEEN HERE BEFORE!!!

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Is it? Someone has made the claim, we don't know if it's true, so allegedly she's out with a concussion (supposedly because apparently she allegedly hit her head on a referee's knee).

I just usually associate allegedly with someone being accused of something, not something that was reported but is not confirmed.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    drake hotel, chicago

wait what?

anyway. trying not to believe spoilers but I was already feeling like there could be a pop in tonight. there's enough names coming back soon that having one be amidst some excitement could be really cool.
    even more excited than I was!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Latest betting odds for the main event

Roman wins

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Latest betting odds for the main event

Roman wins
    To the surprise of no one

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    If Cesaro wins the IC title tonight I really want him to start an open challenge. Let me see Cesaro wrestle everybody.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    If Cesaro wins the IC title tonight I really want him to start an open challenge. Let me see Cesaro wrestle everybody.

that would be an awesome way for Cena to return, too. pay back the favor from last year and keep having absolute classics on Raw with each other.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    My favorite part of that Dungeon of Doom promo was Master going "I FEEEEL him!

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    New thread's going up before Extreme Rules, right?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    THIS THREAD IS NOT HOT

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    New thread's going up before Extreme Rules, right?

All depends if someone locks this one

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    So I'm only going to make a couple predictions.
    AJ v Roman - Usos run out to prevent an AJ win. Roman retains.
    Charlotte v Natty - Charlotte is about to win when Ric Flair comes out, costing her the title. Drama ensues.
    Fatal four way - Sami about to pin Miz, KO suckerpunches him, KO pins Miz.
    Jericho/Ambrose - Ambrose wins. Surprise return of Mitch.
    Tornado Tag - Gallows/Anderson win, leading to AJ/Roman outcome above.
    Tag Championship - New Day e'ry day.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    WWE Superstar Cody Rhodes aka Stardust has reportedly asked for his release from WWE. He made the announcement on his Twitter account and said he would speak more on the matter soon. Rhodes has now updated his Twitter account again.

According to Rhodes, all the reports he’s read regarding the matter have been “100% false and speculation.” He also said he hopes to provide more answers later this evening.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Thread title: "Roman: Ambrose Asylum"

...it would work SO much better if they were facing each other.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Rewatching the Tyler Black ROH comp with his ROH title matches.

It cannot be overstated how much that company fucked up his rise to that position.

• Options
    Welp
    According to WWE.com, WWE and Cody Rhodes have parted ways. Rhodes had asked for his WWE release, posting that news on his own personal Twitter. WWE posted the following today on their website…

WWE has come to terms on the release of Cody Rhodes as of today, May 22, 2016. WWE wishes Cody the best in all his future endeavors.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    At least they still have a few good wrestlers who can take up the slack, like Stardust.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Bummer about Stardust leaving

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I'm feeling particularly ballsy/stupid today and so I have predicted a title change in every match

My picks:
    WWE Champion Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles
    Winner of Match: AJ Styles
    Who interferes? Seth Rollins

Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn
    Winner of Match: Cesaro
    Who loses the fall? Owens

The Big Who Cares Dean Ambrose vs. Jericho match
    Winner of Match: Dean Ambrose
    What's not used? Straight jacket

WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Vaudevillains
    Winning Team: The Vaudevillains
    Winning Member: Aidan English
    Losing Member: Kofi Kingston

WWE Women's Champion Charlotte vs. Natalya
    Winner of Match: Natalya

Gallows and Anderson vs. The Usos
    Winning Team: Gallows and Anderson

US Champion Kalisto vs. Rusev
    Winner of Match: Rusev
    Lana's hair: Down (as it should be)

Title Changes? Four or more

Pre-show thoughts are that this looks like a surprisingly interesting card for a mid-tier PPV. Seven matches, I care about five, that's a pretty good average

One of these days, betting against Roman will pay off big in the pick 'ems

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I predicted no titles changing, Roman still being the strongest and me going to work tonight and not paying for the Network.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I'm going with an IC title change(to Cesaro because a Cesaro/Miz feud needs the title more than the Sami/KO feud does, and Sami and KO beating the crap out of each other too much to pay attention to Cesaro winning the title makes sense to me) as well as Rusev winning the US title because every since they gave it to Kalisto, they've done nothing with him. Rusev and Lana with US title is best Rusev and Lana.

New Day retains(they are the most over thing WWE has going now, taking the titles off them seems like a dumb idea. Besides, with no titles their hip-swinging Former Two Time Double U Double U E World Tag Team Champions bit kinda loses its lustre).

Roman retains(Uso's get hurt in their match with The Club. Club runs in to help AJ. Beaten up Ambrose comes in to help Roman. Both promptly get whupped until the double kick drums hit. Setting up The Club vs The Shield at the next PPV)

Charlotte retains(with help from David Flair!)

Oh, and Ambrose beats up Jericho and completes whatever stipulation victory requires in their match(no barbed wire board is used, because using it would reveal that it's fake barbwire that doesn't actually cause copious amounts of bleeding when used a la Cactus Jack)

• Options
    I operate under the assumption that New Day has to lose it eventually, and Enzo and Cass are currently out of the picture so any team they lose it to is gonna feel a little bit not right

But that's okay

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
  • Options

Yeah that's really shitty of WWE. Why could they be so hell bent on not letting him go back to being Cody?

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

Yeah that's really shitty of WWE. Why could they be so hell bent on not letting him go back to being Cody?

There are a great many in WWE creative that are against anything that isn't their idea....always has been.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I think teh New Day/Vaudevillains setup was always going to happen and the Vaudevillains taking the belt is the natural outcome of this, the New Day don't need them at all.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Jesus at his description of the head writers.

I was under the impression Stardust was Cody's idea but apparently not either.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

There are a great many in WWE creative that are against anything that isn't their idea....always has been.

Yeah I guess that will never change. Too bad.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Cody Rhodes: Actor is definitely a thing I'm in to, theoretically

Also the odds of him not doing some kind of video game thing a la up up down down have to be slim, right

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    New Giant Bomb hire Cody Rhodes

• Options
    Also depressing that HHH is taking the Vince approach in terms of talent having creative ideas but I shouldn't be surprised.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Damn. Poor Cody.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I predicted a Vaudevillains win cause New Day are over enough without the titles

Though someone posted something about New Day being close to a record, so they might hold it until that?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
This discussion has been closed.