As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] The season has begun. 2 more weeks before your team's season is over.

• Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    Avoiding taking history's second most obvious bust (Manziel #1 forever and always) is a win in its own right.

ryan leaf is #1. manziel is an extremely close 2nd.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Frankly Texas as a boatload of picks and what looks like a decent QB. If they use the picks to build something Osweiller can use they will be scarey

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Avoiding taking history's second most obvious bust (Manziel #1 forever and always) is a win in its own right.

Who?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    although speaking of manziel, apparently he was spotted at a bar watching the draft, so that's hilariously sad:

ChLWelPU0AAEByS.jpg

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Who?

Hackenberg. He's a disaster.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Nice trade. 5 slots for a 3rd.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Lynch was one of the possibilities for the Cardinals. Pretty slick move by the Broncos.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The seahawks REALLY don't believe in first round picks

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    The seahawks REALLY don't believe in first round picks

Much better to get a late rounder with a chip on his shoulder. They've got the drive and you don't have to pay as much.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Trading down from a late pick in this draft class is a fine move. It's pretty topheavy this year.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Nkemdiche also fell like a rock for off the field stuff, but when you're so high you fall out a third floor window, that seems like a reasonable thing to be concerned about.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    College peeps, how should I feel about the giants taking Eli Apple?

Aside from the fact that his mother may be a national treasure I mean.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

he'll be fine
    lots of options to grubhub in NY

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular

Probably a reach but he's a fine player. Landed in a city with lots of great restaurants so his lack of cooking ability won't lead him to starvation.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Lots of big apple puns coming on NY Post back page

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

I'm obviously biased, but I think he was the fourth best corner in the Michigan/Ohio State game.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Good news is when he plays badly or gets into trouble the headlines write themselves.

Bad Apple
    Rotten Apple

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    I've seen some speculation that the 49ers completed the trade up early intending to take Lynch, without waiting for the actual picks in front to happen, and then lost out when we traded down.

That seems impossible, but I'm going to choose to believe it because it's hilarious.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    I've seen some speculation that the 49ers completed the trade up early intending to take Lynch, without waiting for the actual picks in front to happen, and then lost out when we traded down.

That seems impossible, but I'm going to choose to believe it because it's hilarious.

They didn't/can't word the trade so they call it off if their guy gets taken before? That's either really dumb on them or a really dumb system.

Taking bets now on which one it is!

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Generally the trades are not actually completed until the team with the pick being sent away is on the clock. If they didn't take the simple precaution of waiting for the pick to be on the clock with the player they wanted being available, that would be a shocking display of incompetence on their part.

So yeah, they done goofed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

I'm obviously biased, but I think he was the fourth best corner in the Michigan/Ohio State game.

I'm biased in the opposite way and agree ;)

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Leaf wasn't an obvious bust at all. In fact, a lot of people started liking him more than Manning for #1.

He was ass and is an ass, but not an OBVIOUS bust.

Manziel, in the age of social media and infinite sports blogs and ridiculous news coverage, was obvious.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

Eli Apple is a solid press corner. You'll see more passes defended than interceptions, and he'll jam opposing receivers on the line and disrupt timing routes. However, he plays the man more than the ball. If he can clean up his technique he'll make a solid starting corner, especially given nickle packages are played roughly 60% of the time. However, if he doesn't clean up his technique, he's going to be a penalty machine.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »

The local Niners beat writers/bloggers seem to think the move-up was because Baalke/Kelly thought the Cards or Hawks might take their guy, which is a bit of gamesmanship on all sides if remotely true.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Generally the trades are not actually completed until the team with the pick being sent away is on the clock. If they didn't take the simple precaution of waiting for the pick to be on the clock with the player they wanted being available, that would be a shocking display of incompetence on their part.

So yeah, they done goofed.

Chip Kelly, SUPERGENIUS

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    So, apparently, Sam Bradford isn't even responding to calls or texts from the Eagles now.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    So, apparently, Sam Bradford isn't even responding to calls or texts from the Eagles now.

Hand injury?

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »

Hand injury?

BOOOOO!

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Leaf wasn't an obvious bust at all. In fact, a lot of people started liking him more than Manning for #1.

Manziel, in the age of social media and infinite sports blogs and ridiculous news coverage, was obvious.

Yeah I agree things are different now. But if Leaf lived in a social media world I don't think much would change. He was ending his run as I was starting at the UW, and I had some high school buddies go to WSU, and let's just say it was well known on both campuses just who he was.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Assholes have fared just fine in the NFL before. Leaf still had the NFL-suited skillset.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Yeah I agree things are different now. But if Leaf lived in a social media world I don't think much would change. He was ending his run as I was starting at the UW, and I had some high school buddies go to WSU, and let's just say it was well known on both campuses just who he was.

The thing is, Washington isn't known for being a major sports journalism hub. Being on the literal opposite side of the country from Bristol helped him.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Agree Angel. It wasnt just that he was an asshole though Bobble. Huge party guy etc as well. Manziel is a good equivalent to compare to.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Off the field, sure. Manziel's bust-worthiness wasn't entirely based on off-the-field stuff though.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Manziel wasn't a bust.

You can't be a bust when everyone except for the Browns and Jerry Jones knew you were going to fail out.

And Jerry Jones had to be (phyiscally?) restrained from trying to trade up for Manziel by people who knew he was a problem.

Manziel was the opposite of a bust. We looked at him, said 'yeah he's going to fail hard' and then he failed. Really hard.

If anything he's one of the few players to actually live up to our pre-draft conclusions about him.

The only way he could have been a bust was to bust UPWARDS.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Jones was going to use the #16 pick on Manziel instead of Martin and the story is his son grabbed the card from his hand before it was submitted.

Leaf was a known issue...in Pullman. Nobody bothered to do any research on him and we ended up in a situation where he was considered a better pick than Manning because he had the stronger arm. Game footage doesn't show scouts whether or not the guy is a shitty human who'd put his balls in the face of a trainer for fun.

Manziel was an obvious character flaw that was even reported on by ESPN. Drafting him is only a mistake if you fail to rein him in. Which was inevitable from the guy who flipped off Washington fans in the middle of a preseason game.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    so normally i roll my eyes when someone does something stupid on twitter and then claims "HACKED!!!!!" but in this case it seems like his account was totally compromised (by his step dad?)

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Tebow?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    so normally i roll my eyes when someone does something stupid on twitter and then claims "HACKED!!!!!" but in this case it seems like his account was totally compromised (by his step dad?)

What's weird to me is that he would have records of conversations about the school paying for his mom's stuff, almost like they were going to or did use that to black mail the school for more money.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

What's weird to me is that he would have records of conversations about the school paying for his mom's stuff, almost like they were going to or did use that to black mail the school for more money.

:snap:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

He and his stepfather have serious legal issues going on. Tunsil claims his step-father hit his mom and so he punched the stepfather. The Stepfather claims Tunsil punched him a number of times when confronted about having contact with agents. Charges were filed on both then dropped. And now the Stepfather is suing over this. It's entirely possible that the stepfather got the texts and has been saving them because lawsuits and money make people crazy. Apparently someone has been shopping the weed smoking video around as well.

This discussion has been closed.