As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Even Worse Joke Thread

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    That is a very large ship. It's also been used to haul around destroyers and oil rigs:

blue-marlin-heavy-lift-ship-transports-rigs-and-other-ships-8.jpg?w=800&h=600
    blue-marlin-heavy-lift-ship-transports-rigs-and-other-ships-3.jpg?w=800&h=669

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Crossposted from the sword thread:

When Unferth made amends with Beowulf and gave him an heirloom sword to fight Grendel’s mother, that would have been a good will Hrunting.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    the scale of shipping vessels never fails to kinda break my head for a second. like "what that's a boat? it's on the water and stuff?"

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    the scale of shipping vessels never fails to kinda break my head for a second. like "what that's a boat? it's on the water and stuff?"

Remember - you can put a boat on a ship, but not a ship on a boat.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    How do they unload that oil decker from that ship?! Do they use the fucking Bifrost or something?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    How do they unload that oil decker from that ship?! Do they use the fucking Bifrost or something?

They used a big rig to unload the oil rig off the ship shipping ship.

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular

IIRC they fill the ballast on the ship so that the deck sinks below the waterline, then they can push off the oil rig (which floats) with like a tug or something.

• Options
    Garthor wrote: »

IIRC they fill the ballast on the ship so that the deck sinks below the waterline, then they can push off the oil rig (which floats) with like a tug or something.

Exactly:

blue-marlin-heavy-lift-ship-transports-rigs-and-other-ships-5.jpg?w=800&h=600

Here's a video for another sense of how big this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL4CB4SZieo

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Well that's pretty fuckin radical

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Someone should make a puzzle game based on fitting all the boats onto the big boat thing.

• Options
    I bet you dollars to donuts you'd make an absolute killing on a, like... merchant Navy simulator game ala eurotrucker or whatever

• Options
    Looks like someone's already done it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/289930/TransOcean_The_Shipping_Company/
    TransOcean – The Shipping Company is your ticket to the world of gigantic ships and transnational transport empires. Build a mighty fleet of modern merchant ships and conquer the seven seas.

ss_6e5df9abd6458ca4f6c66b623374f1d9bd984454.600x338.jpg?t=1540300850
    ss_5d7d79b40aed04cb70982f939abd7b367f2b2d5d.600x338.jpg?t=1540300850

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I installed an electric fence in my garden the other day

My neighbour's dead against it

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I installed an electric fence in my garden the other day

My neighbour's dead against it

Ok, this one got me to laugh out loud for real.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    When Hugh Laurie plays a character with an American accent, he should be credited as Hugh Truck.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Some people are early birds.

Others are night owls.

Im more of a mid-day pidgeon.

• Options
    Looks like someone's already done it:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/289930/TransOcean_The_Shipping_Company/
    TransOcean – The Shipping Company is your ticket to the world of gigantic ships and transnational transport empires. Build a mighty fleet of modern merchant ships and conquer the seven seas.

ss_6e5df9abd6458ca4f6c66b623374f1d9bd984454.600x338.jpg?t=1540300850
    ss_5d7d79b40aed04cb70982f939abd7b367f2b2d5d.600x338.jpg?t=1540300850

ahhhh but can i drive the boat/be a cook, just peeling potatoes and sharing absolutely smoldering sexual tension with the other dude in the galley, Jean-Paul, and staring out at the lonely ocean for hours and watching stars sink beneath the gentle curve of the end of the world?

THAT'S the sailing game for me! if you add sails and scurvy i'd never play anything else.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

Others are night owls.

I think I'm just some kind of permanently exhausted squirrel personally.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Road kill?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »

Others are night owls.

I think I'm just some kind of permanently exhausted squirrel personally.

Yo.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    A Serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    A Serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips.

https://youtu.be/N31DG57hUMs

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I know a Brit who forced his son to join the clergy. There's no doubt he's living vicariously.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I once took a job as a boxing comedian but I could never come up with a good punch line, so I quip.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Gentlemen, Ive found the workplace I belong at:

pIVzIuK.jpg

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That's a big oof.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yesterday I sat on my chafing dish and I'm really bothered by it.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    From my kid's joke book:
    How do clams call their parents after school?
    They use their shell phones.

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I remember being in a bookstore once and seeing a Minecraft jokebook.

You know. For the kids.

I flipped through it out of morbid curiosity and it was absolutely dire, though there's only one joke I can remember:

Why did the creeper explode?
    Because it fell off a cliff

It doesn't even make sense within the context of the game!

This is when I learned that there is, apparently, a market for shitty joke books, and all it takes is no shame.

Garthor on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Whenever I encounter a shitty joke book on one of the return carts I pick it up, open it to a random page, read the first joke I see, and then erupt in boisterous laughter.

I expect my staff to report me to HR any day now.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Whenever I encounter a shitty joke book on one of the return carts I pick it up, open it to a random page, read the first joke I see, and then erupt in boisterous laughter.

I expect my staff to report me to HR any day now.

Why was the librarian talking to himself?
    because he was in the 080 section

• Options
    qIkCaxU.jpg

Japan is next-level-chan!

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I've been trying to quit smoking, and my doctor suggested I cut it back to one cigarette after meals.
    So now I'm down to 40 meals a day.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Im extremely uncomfortable rn.

ufwIto9.jpg

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    What's blue and not very heavy?
    Light blue

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I know a Brit who forced his son to join the clergy. There's no doubt he's living vicariously.

It took two weeks, but this post finally ticked me over to 10k awesomes and another badge. Truly there's only one thing to say about this historic moment:
    It's over nine thousand.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    The walk to my neighborhood pub is 15 minutes.
    The walk back takes 2 hours.
    The difference is staggering

• Options
This discussion has been closed.