As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Of Corgs And Capys In The [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I think this may be the first time I've seen the extended clip where the raccoon figures it out at the end and finally gets some cotton candy.
    Makes it a little less depressing than just the clip of the raccoon dunking his candy and then trying to figure out where it went.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    By the time of the Extended Director's Cut, he'll have figured out that the water is flavorful now and go scrounge up a straw.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Bedlam wrote: »

I definitely just woke up my neighbors laughing

Xehalus on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »

I definitely just woke up my neighbors laughing

Yeah I don't know exactly why this one just wrecked me but it did

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    It's the wide eyes as the pupper looks down, that's what did it to me

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I wonder if she's confusing fingers for the babbies since ferrets have shit all for eyesight.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I wonder if she's confusing fingers for the babbies since ferrets have shit all for eyesight.

I'm pretty sure it's a very insistent "Come and look at my wonderful little kits"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular

you'd think it was this dog's very first flight or something

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Are dogs just allowed on planes now?

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    only good dogs

so yes

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I believe the general rule is dogs are allowed on flights if their carrier is small enough to be carryon luggage and they stay under the seat in front

these days though lots of folks register their dogs as comfort dogs

• Options
    It's not a dog, just a spectacularly intricate hair do.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    It's not a dog, just a spectacularly intricate hair do.

griffin-griffers-omg-this-dog-just-showed-up-to-petsmart-22473191.png

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I believe the general rule is dogs are allowed on flights if their carrier is small enough to be carryon luggage and they stay under the seat in front

To be honest I'd probably consider that if I absolutely had to fly with my dog, because there's no way I'd subject any pet to being stored with the checked luggage

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited June 2017

This is what I did

Moved from the US to Germany with a dog with a heart condition. Vet strongly recommended that he was not put in the hold for health reasons. Wasn't about to leave our dog behind.

We were able to get him on the plane by going to a doctor that rubber stamped scrips for weed and getting him to write out a paper with him as our emotional support animal. Worked perfectly. No questions asked - and the flight attendant said our dog was the most well behaved dog he had ever seen on a flight. He slept the whole way.

I do feel bad about fobbing him off as a support animal (some places recommend getting a vest but we did not do that as we felt it was a step too far) but we had no other option as the hold may very well have killed our dog. So our options were: Leaving our sick dog of 10 years behind with some random person (no family near us), risk our dog's death by putting him in the hold, or lying a wee bit.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    It does seem like a lot of aspects of US society have become very tolerant of pets in public spaces. I see dogs at big box stores pretty much every time I go.

• Options
    I'm all for folks bringing their pets with them

it's just a bummer for folks with allergies. I would be super pissed if I was allergic to dogs and found myself sitting next to one on a long haul flight.

• Options
    I mean I am not allergic to dogs and I would switch seats to sit next to a dog any day of the week but I mean I get it

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Especially since Aircrafts recirculate their air (including a lot of the allergenes in it).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I'm all for folks bringing their pets with them

it's just a bummer for folks with allergies. I would be super pissed if I was allergic to dogs and found myself sitting next to one on a long haul flight.

Yeah, I have a buddy who is allergic to dogs, and he flies a lot for work, and he really hates this recent development.
    Sorry dude.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    It's not just planes. It's everywhere. I work at a Costco and people use this all the time. We get hella complaints about it. Ever step in dog shit and or piss inside a store? Or have a dog that isn't yours come up and beg at you while you're eating something? Shit's getting out of hand and we really don't have a way to deal with it.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    It's not just planes. It's everywhere. I work at a Costco and people use this all the time. We get hella complaints about it. Ever step in dog shit and or piss inside a store? Or have a dog that isn't yours come up and beg at you while you're eating something? Shit's getting out of hand and we really don't have a way to deal with it.

my local Costco is clear that you can't bring dogs inside unless it's a service animal. guess the rules differ between stores?

ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah at our hotel, which is not pet friendly, we have folks saying their dogs are therapy and support dogs and legally in our state we are not allowed to ask for verification so we get pissed off guests who are mad there are barking dogs and animal fur in the non-pet hotel and we can't really do anything

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »

my local Costco is clear that you can't bring dogs inside unless it's a service animal. guess the rules differ between stores?

The ADA allows you to ask exactly two questions if the animal has a vest on.

But we get numbskulls all the time in our grocery store. Where food is. Fortunately, they seem to know enough to leave the big dogs outside, but seriously, though.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Not sure how much access you folks have to policy and procedure at your place of work, but therapy and support animals are not protected under the ADA like service animals are. "Service animal" refers to a dog (or, in rare cases, miniature horses) who are trained to perform a specific task to help overcome or ameliorate a specific disability. Most commonly these days, that means guide dogs for people who are blind or deaf and dogs who can predict seizures and warn their owner before they hit. There are also folks in wheelchairs who have dogs who are trained to pick up dropped items and push elevator buttons and stuff, and that's rad.

There are psychiatric service dogs who do things like alert people with autism about repetitive fidgets or turn on the lights and check a room for threats for people with certain manifestations of PTSD. However, these are still relatively rare, and unless there's a specific trained task involved, emotional support animals and therapy dogs are not legally protected.

This is of limited use to folks seeking to enforce "no pets" rules, because it's legally fraught to press people on the issue. If they tell you their dog or miniature horse is a service animal, the only question you're allowed to ask is what task it's trained in. Other than that, there's no requirement for them to present certification or make the dog wear a vest or anything.

However, it does mean that you're not required to accommodate any animal other than a dog or miniature horse, so them and their emotional support snake can beat feet. If they present their dog as a support animal, you can explain that your policy doesn't cover support animals, and ask what task its trained in and see if they want to brazen it out or not.

I'm not against folks taking their pets with them as long as they bend the law responsibly like Wassermelone did. There are plenty of folks out there who know what their dog can handle, and recognize when policy is going to inflict unnecessary hardship. I am very much against jerkwads bringing poorly-trained animals into my library and claiming they are service animals. My position on this hardened considerably when a patron was unable to control their "service dog" and it ended up jumping up on and scratching the face of a library volunteer with cerebral palsy.

Know your fucking dog, people. If you're going to bend the rules, make sure you're not going to make everyone involved look like an asshole.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Not sure how much access you folks have to policy and procedure at your place of work, but therapy and support animals are not protected under the ADA like service animals are. "Service animal" refers to a dog (or, in rare cases, miniature horses) who are trained to perform a specific task to help overcome or ameliorate a specific disability. Most commonly these days, that means guide dogs for people who are blind or deaf and dogs who can predict seizures and warn their owner before they hit. There are also folks in wheelchairs who have dogs who are trained to pick up dropped items and push elevator buttons and stuff, and that's rad.

There are psychiatric service dogs who do things like alert people with autism about repetitive fidgets or turn on the lights and check a room for threats for people with certain manifestations of PTSD. However, these are still relatively rare, and unless there's a specific trained task involved, emotional support animals and therapy dogs are not legally protected.

This is of limited use to folks seeking to enforce "no pets" rules, because it's legally fraught to press people on the issue. If they tell you their dog or miniature horse is a service animal, the only question you're allowed to ask is what task it's trained in. Other than that, there's no requirement for them to present certification or make the dog wear a vest or anything.

However, it does mean that you're not required to accommodate any animal other than a dog or miniature horse, so them and their emotional support snake can beat feet. If they present their dog as a support animal, you can explain that your policy doesn't cover support animals, and ask what task its trained in and see if they want to brazen it out or not.

I'm not against folks taking their pets with them as long as they bend the law responsibly like Wassermelone did. There are plenty of folks out there who know what their dog can handle, and recognize when policy is going to inflict unnecessary hardship. I am very much against jerkwads bringing poorly-trained animals into my library and claiming they are service animals. My position on this hardened considerably when a patron was unable to control their "service dog" and it ended up jumping up on and scratching the face of a library volunteer with cerebral palsy.

Know your fucking dog, people. If you're going to bend the rules, make sure you're not going to make everyone involved look like an asshole.

Might not be very snugglehug, but honest to god, I hope you pressed charges against that patron. That's massively unacceptable.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info regarding service animals and what you're allowed to ask - as a cafe manager it's my job to be the bad cop and bounce presumptuous dog owners out of the joint. Don't disrespect my dojo.

• Options

I don't know, I think a support snake sounds ideal.
    They're quiet (typically, the noisy snakes aren't likely to make good support animals). They tend to stick close to their source of heat. Pretty sure they're hypoallergenic, at least I've never heard of a person allergic to snakes (haven't actually looked though). Never going to have to worry about someone's support snake jumping up and scratching someone in the face...

• Options
    Support Boa is best at hugs.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I got a support Hermit Crab. He pinches many things.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    We need support Capybara's

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

https://www.ada.gov/regs2010/service_animal_qa.html

get it directly from the horses (heh) mouth

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

I deal with this from time to time at the hospital and can say it's mostly correct with one exclusion. Snakes can't beat feet.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    They can however eat feet under the right circumstances.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

I wonder how much of a bother it would be to keep one as a pet. But then I realize it would be a mistake to try and tame the most zen and tranquil of all creatures.

• Options
    august wrote: »
    Thanks for the info regarding service animals and what you're allowed to ask - as a cafe manager it's my job to be the bad cop and bounce presumptuous dog owners out of the joint. Don't disrespect my dojo.

i'd just be careful, since laws between different states (and countries) do differ. best to check your local laws to be sure.

ffNewSig.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

I wonder how much of a bother it would be to keep one as a pet. But then I realize it would be a mistake to try and tame the most zen and tranquil of all creatures.

Why would you have to tame an animal that is tame even in the wild?

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Why would you have to tame an animal that is tame even in the wild?

The capybara would tame you

Three weeks in you'd both be just chilling out in the bathroom, sitting in the tub with the shower on

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
This discussion has been closed.