As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Of Corgs And Capys In The [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Moose are right there with elk in that they're holdover from the last ice age. Just a big ol' fossil walking around, being the largest member of the deer family and causing traffic jams in Alaska.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited June 2017
    moose are excellent

here is a story about a particularly good moose named Buzzwinkle, who would get drunk on fermented apples and wander around Anchorage, obeying the rules of traffic the entire time

https://www.adn.com/voices/article/recalling-alaskas-most-notorious-drunken-moose-street-smart-buzzwinkle/2013/09/10/

Shorty on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    occasionally we get moose down here in upstate NY that wander from Maine/Adirondacks.

They're magnificent.

Pictures don't do justice just how large the bull meese can get. They'd eat all the crabapples off our trees.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    The proper term for the condition that causes loss of pigmentation that doesn't affect the eyes like albinism is 'leucism'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucism

leucistic-crow-58a6d9713df78c345b5e07ab.jpg
    Where is the wizard that belongs to this crow?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    The proper term for the condition that causes loss of pigmentation that doesn't affect the eyes like albinism is 'leucism'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucism

leucistic-crow-58a6d9713df78c345b5e07ab.jpg
    Where is the wizard that belongs to this crow?

Pretty sure that's the crow they send out to let the Seven Kingdoms know that Winter finally showed up.
    The damned Starks always send it back with a message "Told ya so".

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Star. goon.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    After Pie is quite evocative.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Popchop is super fun to say

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    A+ job AI

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    That robot named a guinea pig “Boooy.” If you think I'm fighting on the human side in the coming robot war, you're dreaming.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

THIS IS SUCH GOOD BEHAVIOR!!! My dog does the same thing! When he's excited he gets a little mouthy and just like that dog when he does it he realizes it and runs off to find something to keep in his mouth! In that dogs case, a cucumber. In my dogs case, it's his incredibly durable rubber pickle. It's the dog recognizing it's too excited to trust itself to not do a bad thing (be mouthy) and is keeping its mouth busy to avoid it. Good dog!

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Star. goon.
    Who?

sig.gif
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Star. goon.
    Who?

From the list of names of guinea pigs named by an AI... one of them is Stargoon. Before I knew it was named by an AI, I thought that was a pretty neat pet name. Then I saw it was named by an AI and it became an amazing pet name.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Star. goon.
    Who?

From the list of names of guinea pigs named by an AI... one of them is Stargoon. Before I knew it was named by an AI, I thought that was a pretty neat pet name. Then I saw it was named by an AI and it became an amazing pet name.

Sorce was doing a Guardians of the Galaxy thing

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Star. goon.
    Who?

Sorce was doing a Guardians of the Galaxy thing

If it's from 1 I haven't seen that movie in like a year, if it's from 2 I haven't seen it yet. :(

• Options
    It's from the first one when Star Lord was introducing himself at the beginning in the caves.

https://youtu.be/IAC7Ztu1Hao

sig.gif
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Chicken Snuggets.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Very Kweh
    Good Chicky

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Good donkey wants that hug so much.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    HWiXUYa.jpg

0OKTyn9.jpg

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    0OKTyn9.jpg
    "I do not like being mocked, Barbara."

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Looking it up, because I didn't know the difference between piebald and leucism, piebald is a subset of leucism that doesn't affect the pigment across the whole body

So yeah, its not albino, its not ticks/self harm, its piebald/leucistic.
    More common than a complete absence of pigment cells is localized or incomplete hypopigmentation, resulting in irregular patches of white on an animal that otherwise has normal colouring and patterning. This partial leucism is known as a "pied" or "piebald" effect

I will take this opportunity to repost the picture I took a couple years ago of the duck by my apartment with a bunch of missing pigmentation.
    ncw0vk5gy7yb.jpg

He's still around. I was worried he'd get eaten by a hawk or something for looking different, but I saw him just a couple weeks ago.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Good Dog, Best Job, Victory Lap!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    get that dog a green jacket

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    So my cat spent all of last night sleeping like she was Redd Foxx pretending to have a heart attack

8Uszanf.jpg

• Options

This is my life now.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    That's basically what I imagine trying to crawl around the attic would be like.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    She's not as photogenic as Gus, but she's what I've got to work with. Here's Rosie!

mP8Kt1i.png

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    So my cat spent all of last night sleeping like she was Redd Foxx pretending to have a heart attack

8Uszanf.jpg

Our kitties do this a lot. In our house we call this pose Shakespurr since it looks like they're giving a soliloquy

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    "Watch me go, Mommy!"

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    "Nailed it."

This discussion has been closed.