Options

Is this [Love]?

19394969899

Posts

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Made a bumble didn't I. Theres a handsome man on here. Too handsome for me.

    What is this rubbish

  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    He's too handsome for his shirt, too handsome for his shirt
    So handsome! It hurts

    Platy on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Liiya wrote: »
    Well

    that is lovely of you!

    I think I swiped the wrong way on handsome man

    come back, come back...

    @Liiya If you swipe the wrong way on someone in Bumble by mistake, you can shake your phone and you get a redo on the last person you swiped.

    e: I mean, it's super late now, but for the future...

    godmode on
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Well

    that is lovely of you!

    I think I swiped the wrong way on handsome man

    come back, come back...

    @Liiya If you swipe the wrong way on someone in Bumble by mistake, you can shake your phone and you get a redo on the last person you swiped.

    e: I mean, it's super late now, but for the future...

    I found this out too late :( I'm sure there are plenty of other bearded, flannel wearing, gin enjoying, teachers in the world... :(

  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    godmode wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    Well

    that is lovely of you!

    I think I swiped the wrong way on handsome man

    come back, come back...

    @Liiya If you swipe the wrong way on someone in Bumble by mistake, you can shake your phone and you get a redo on the last person you swiped.

    e: I mean, it's super late now, but for the future...

    I found this out too late :( I'm sure there are plenty of other bearded, flannel wearing, gin enjoying, teachers in the world... :(

    Daaaamn

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Most teachers develop a taste for gin I think

    good strong stuff, readily available

  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Most teachers develop a taste for gin I think

    good strong stuff, readily available

    I guess I'm a teacher at heart.

    cdci44qazyo3.gif

  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Why are there so many doctors on here??

  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    maybe there isn't so many doctors on there?


    ... i mean i dunno but that seems like an easy lie to make, anyway

  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Idk what it is about Bumble but from mine, and seemingly others, experience it is entirely populated by the most gorgeous and perfect humans in existence. I don't understand it.

    I also did not have a single match.

    I wonder if the app looks at the person I was swiping on and then it looked at me and was like "oh, honey, no" and preemptively hid my profile to save me the sting of rejection?

  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    You're swipeable in my eyes Juggs.

  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Let's briefly take a moment to consider the billions of future humans who might now never exist because Liiya swiped the wrong way

  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Idk what it is about Bumble but from mine, and seemingly others, experience it is entirely populated by the most gorgeous and perfect humans in existence. I don't understand it.

    I also did not have a single match.

    I wonder if the app looks at the person I was swiping on and then it looked at me and was like "oh, honey, no" and preemptively hid my profile to save me the sting of rejection?

    Who would want to date a handsome, rugged, barrel chested guy with hidden sensitivity anyway

  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I cant say I'm rugged. I've never even punched a bear.

    Just a dumb ole cougar.

  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Idk what it is about Bumble but from mine, and seemingly others, experience it is entirely populated by the most gorgeous and perfect humans in existence. I don't understand it.

    I also did not have a single match.

    I wonder if the app looks at the person I was swiping on and then it looked at me and was like "oh, honey, no" and preemptively hid my profile to save me the sting of rejection?

    Who would want to date a handsome, rugged, barrel chested guy with hidden sensitivity anyway

    no one apparently, I'm getting nothing here

  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Idk what it is about Bumble but from mine, and seemingly others, experience it is entirely populated by the most gorgeous and perfect humans in existence. I don't understand it.

    I also did not have a single match.

    I wonder if the app looks at the person I was swiping on and then it looked at me and was like "oh, honey, no" and preemptively hid my profile to save me the sting of rejection?

    I know it sounds stupid, but you can pay people for professional dating app photos.

    Little changes make such a huge difference in the response I've gotten on the app.

    For me, I added some pictures of my art, and suddenly people wanted to meet me! It's not even amazing art or anything.

  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Maybe I'll just get a Farmers Only profile and take pictures of some bean sprouts. Maybe some loamy soil.

    Edit: I wonder what kinda messages they send on there?

    "Hey bb wanna see my huge crop ;))))"

    Juggernut on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Maybe I'll just get a Farmers Only profile and take pictures of some bean sprouts. Maybe some loamy soil.

    Edit: I wonder what kinda messages they send on there?

    "Hey bb wanna see my huge crop ;))))"

    HotPeet1985

  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I would legit message a guy who talked about growing vegetables.

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I would legit message a guy who talked about growing vegetables.

    Hey baby

    I till perpendicular to slopes to avoid runoff

    :wink:

  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    "I checked the soil ph before planting my lima beans and it was exactly 6.9"

    :winky:

  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Liiya wrote: »
    I would legit message a guy who talked about growing vegetables.

    True story:

    I was getting various sundries at the pet store when the young lady working the floor ran up to the cashier and blurted out, "Quick, where's the diamond tomato brand dirt?"

    Cashier Girl: The what?!?

    Floor Girl: It's dirt that this guy needs to kill ants! It's diamond tomato brand or something!

    My Internal Monologue: (She can't possibly mean ....)

    Me Out Loud: Miss, did you mean to say you were looking for diatomaceous earth?

    Floor Girl: Yeah! That's totally it!

    Cashier Girl:
    Aisle Five ... the one that says 'Pest Control' ....

    I swear to God, if I hadn't spent years listening to people order drinks over the sound of loud-as-hell club music, I never would have figured it out.

    Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm really excited and happy about how things are going and at the same time kind of terrified that everything will go wrong and I'll be devastated

    Deep breaths Solar mate

  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    "I checked the soil ph before planting my lima beans and it was exactly 6.9"

    :winky:

    You're going to want to add organic compost till you hit about 6.0

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I would legit message a guy who talked about growing vegetables.

    True story:

    I was getting various sundries at the pet store when the young lady working the floor ran up to the cashier and blurted out, "Quick, where's the diamond tomato brand dirt?"

    Cashier Girl: The what?!?

    Floor Girl: It's dirt that this guy needs to kill ants! It's diamond tomato brand or something!

    My Internal Monologue: (She can't possibly mean ....)

    Me Out Loud: Miss, did you mean to say you were looking for diatomaceous earth?

    Floor Girl: Yeah! That's totally it!

    Cashier Girl:
    Aisle Five ... the one that says 'Pest Control' ....

    I swear to God, if I hadn't spent years listening to people order drinks over the sound of loud-as-hell club music, I never would have figured it out.

    Yeah, Diamond Tomato, duh.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm really excited and happy about how things are going and at the same time kind of terrified that everything will go wrong and I'll be devastated

    Deep breaths Solar mate

    You can do iiit

  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I hung out with an old friend I hadn't seen in close to six years. It was great. It was more like six days had passed than six years. After losing a huge group of my friends and famiky with the divorce, it was really great.

    We went on a huge, for me, at least, bicycle ride, about 18 miles. It was his brother's girlfriend's birthday, and they all welcomed me right into things.

    And then we went on a kayak trip for about five miles. We out the seats in backwards, relative to the bow, and ended up going stern first, slowly taking on water and sinking! It was in a calm river, so it was hilarious rather than dangerous.

    We did ok until we got a wide part of the river that had lots of wake from jet skis and power boats.

    And then there was a picnic and a fire, wonderful time. The bar stop after that was way, way out of my comfort zone, but it was a great time overall.

  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm really excited and happy about how things are going and at the same time kind of terrified that everything will go wrong and I'll be devastated

    Deep breaths Solar mate

    Believe in yourself

  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I got my otamatone today! :biggrin:

    It only took a couple of minutes with it to figure out why pretty much everyone on the internet is terrible with it. Some of the finger positions for notes are miniscule. Also, opening the mouth doesn't actually trigger the sound like I expected. It's all based on finger pressure. That makes it understandably awkward to play if you've never handled an instrument before, if you want to have some showmanship.

    Also, cats find it really interesting while you're making noises with it.

  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    So we put up a relationship status on Facebook and it's a bit silly but also it was a great way to get a lot of her distant friends to call me cute so :D

    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I got my otamatone today! :biggrin:

    It only took a couple of minutes with it to figure out why pretty much everyone on the internet is terrible with it. Some of the finger positions for notes are miniscule. Also, opening the mouth doesn't actually trigger the sound like I expected. It's all based on finger pressure. That makes it understandably awkward to play if you've never handled an instrument before, if you want to have some showmanship.

    Also, cats find it really interesting while you're making noises with it.
    so, if you've, say, played a woodwind, you might make interesting noises with this thing?
    which one did you get, 'cause now i am intrigued and also weirding out the cats is always entertaining

    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I would legit message a guy who talked about growing vegetables.

    True story:

    I was getting various sundries at the pet store when the young lady working the floor ran up to the cashier and blurted out, "Quick, where's the diamond tomato brand dirt?"

    Cashier Girl: The what?!?

    Floor Girl: It's dirt that this guy needs to kill ants! It's diamond tomato brand or something!

    My Internal Monologue: (She can't possibly mean ....)

    Me Out Loud: Miss, did you mean to say you were looking for diatomaceous earth?

    Floor Girl: Yeah! That's totally it!

    Cashier Girl:
    Aisle Five ... the one that says 'Pest Control' ....

    I swear to God, if I hadn't spent years listening to people order drinks over the sound of loud-as-hell club music, I never would have figured it out.

    This reads like an anime scene

  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    my girlfriend told me she wants to have sex more, keep me in your prayers

    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I would legit message a guy who talked about growing vegetables.

    You wanna see some pictures of our grain store? It's full to bursting.

    Or how about our steamy, steamy compost heaps?

  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I'm really excited and happy about how things are going and at the same time kind of terrified that everything will go wrong and I'll be devastated

    Deep breaths Solar mate

    So you have a normal love life?

    You'll do great buddy

  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I did the Meet Up meet up and it was good and nice.

  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I wanna find a Meet Up once I'm done settling in! Find some more Canadians for all the good tax advice and hockey tips.

    I'm at a week of living in the US and it's been really fun! Couple bouts of homesickness (this morning in particular wasn't easy) but everyone here has been nothing but kind, and my work has been alternating between super stressful and super exciting and I cannot wait to see how these projects turn out, you guys, because they are rad as hell

    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    my girlfriend told me she wants to have sex more, keep me in your prayers

    the fuck is a sex?

  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    my girlfriend told me she wants to have sex more, keep me in your prayers

    the fuck is a sex?

    Correct.

This discussion has been closed.