As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this [Love]?

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    one time my wife came in from the porch after smoking and her pants were a little bit on fire from an ember that she had flicked off

i told her she was on fire because i figure that is what you do in this situation. It seems like reasonable communication.

She said I was a liar

But in fact it was her pants that were on fire.
    she believed me after she asked where the smoke was coming from though

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Smoking is gross

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    It sure is.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    I mean, I think that will be a thing when I start dating

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    The surgeon general says that smoking may reduce the frequency with which you meet people and go on dates. In some countries it is required to put a picture of your least favorite celebrity smoking on the packaging.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Well that must be my problem!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    just your standard satanist burglar cult

they want my blood and also my candyman 3 laserdisc

You have to hand it to a thrifty cult though; sure, blood sacrifices to The Black Prince are top shelf, but bones, organs, skin, and muscle tissue should never go to waste so a lot of lesser pacts should be made for a sinner's miscellaneous viscera.

I mean, I've heard ....

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Much like early Native Americans would use every part of the Buffalo for clothing, food and tools, we see that this coven of Satan witches uses every part of their blood sacrifice to make decorative tea cozys, throw blankets and wind chimes. Truly remarkable.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Much like early Native Americans would use every part of the Buffalo for clothing, food and tools, we see that this coven of Satan witches uses every part of their blood sacrifice to make decorative tea cozys, throw blankets and wind chimes. Truly remarkable.

"Tom wanted to use this pile of spare molars as some sort of gravel in the front path, but I really think we upped the equity of our house by using them as a backsplash in the kitchen. But every home decorating decision is about compromise, so I let him use some of my spare jackal bones to make a set of ritual daggers that we use for sacrifices *and* extra place settings for our outdoor barbecue."

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    not love related, but I did get flaked out on/stood up tonight. Asked a friend if she wanted to hit a bar tonight, she's all fuck yes but I've got housework to take care of first, I say let me know when you're free, and now it's 11pm and I am going to bed and there has been a distinct lack of drinks.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Drink in bed.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    It is restaurant week in DC (fancy 3 course dinner for 35 bucks) and we went to fogo de chao and it was all so good and I'm so full I could sleep forever

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Here's a brief clip/assortment of the show I attended, for those who might find it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztLmD_WGi8A

Label on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    That video really fucks with my depth perception/ability to discern reality from green screen

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    This weekend, as I type, I am camping & attending The Washington Midsummer Renaissance Faire.

This weekend we welcome Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth as she visits the village of Merriwick
    upon her Royal Progress!

I have a fifth of 100% proof peppermint schnapps.

There is a Faerie Court which offers dances and capering for those who wish to join in.

@Straightzi, be my guide.

I wish to seduce a bittersweet druid.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm very sceptical about the historical accuracy of your beverage choice.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm just generally sceptical of all of those proceedings to be honest

And Zonugal

And everything he does

suspicious

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Ugh okay

I mean like, I've been there, but trust me bro, turn back now

Ain't nothing the Renaissance got freakier than what we got now

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I am so mad, some friends asked for help to move and I said ok.

They said get there at ten, so knowing I had to leave at 930, instead of doing an assignment, that I'd need a good two hours to really get anything done I did some reasons for uni instead.

Five minutes before we leave we get told "they are running late" and not to get there until 1030. I am slightly annoyed at this but whatever. Vivienne wanted to have breakfast anyway so we go to a place we have been before and like.

We go there, it's been taken over and the menu is completely different. It is not ideal. Then what I ordered wasn't on the menu and I had to re-order. At this stage I am getting annoyed.

Then, while we are having breakfast (which was decidedly average for the price), we get another text. They don't even have the fucking truck yet and don't show up until 11. Now I'm annoyed. I could have actually done real work in the morning but couldn't, because I've had my time wasted. I send a very measured and reasonable message saying that I am disappointed, as my time has been wasted and I'm pretty time poor this weekend but wanted to help.

I get no response. This annoys me further.

We show up, and fucking nothing is packed. There are still fucking decorative stones or some shit on the coffee table. Like, I'm pretty good at not showing mad, until I'm not, so like the entire time I'm just throwing shit on the floor, because like fuck I am wasting my time packing I can't even make eye contact with these people, luckily there are other people there as well and they are equally as unimpressed. But it's like, the fuck have you been doing for the past two months when you knew you were going to move.

And then we found out (we loaded the truck and unloaded it at the new place) that my friend's wife said at the old place, "packing is so much work, I just might stop " and another of our friends put a stop to that, but I just feel so devalued like, helping people move is something you do because it's awkward, and a lot of people make a difference. Not packing just feels like a big up yours to all your friends, like, here is a lot of shit I can't be bothered doing, go do it.

• Options
    That sucks bro

your friends have been shit friends

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    as someone who doesn't drive, i feel like a literal monster asking anyone to help me move, and if someone had pulled that shit on me, i probably would have bailed, to be honest

like, fuck ya'll, call me when the shit is in boxes

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    They aren't usually! Usually they are good people.

I think that is what makes me so mad. If they at least admitted that they dropped the ball, I'd have something to forgive. And I think that's one of the other things that is making me annoyed.

• Options
    And there were like five or six of us there to help. And we all felt like this (maybe I was the grumpiest) but it was like, none of us wanted to be the person who called them out on it.

• Options
    Yeah it's always hard to do that stuff

• Options
    as someone who doesn't drive, i feel like a literal monster asking anyone to help me move, and if someone had pulled that shit on me, i probably would have bailed, to be honest

like, fuck ya'll, call me when the shit is in boxes

I was legit pretty close to it.

But Vivienne pointed out that the only people we would actually punish all my other friends who were trying to do the right thing by showing up and helping.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i mean, on the flip side, it might empower the rest of your friends to call them on their bullshit?

sometimes you gotta be the first domino to fall

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited August 2016
    So last night we all went out on a work do and it was pretty great

Ended up with just me and my lady dancing in a cuban cocktail and dance bar until our two friends came to meet us at about 1am and there we all stayed until it shut

She wanted to come back with me but she has loads of travelling to do this weekend so she got in a taxi and went home instead after we had a long, post-drunk goodbye and we've already messaged each other a bit (upon re-reading I'm going to amend this to about twenty messages this morning haha)

(On a side point of irritation, though, why do people see a couple standing next to a taxi having a goodbye kiss and think it's cool to give their opinion? Dickheads)

Not letting that spoil a good night out though. And things are going fantastic, we are so close (physically and emotionally), comfortable and supportive of each other. Not labelling things but exclusive and regular really it feels like we are pretty close to steady bf/gf and that feels great!

Solar on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Not really sure how to put this but I've kinda given up on trying to be friends with people.

I was at a work event yesterday and the people I'd consider my work friends just straight up ditched me and left without me. They walked passed me and all got into a car and left without saying a word to me.

I'm just so tired of putting effort and energy into trying to be friends with people cause I never seem to get any reciprocation from people.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    That's wonderful, Solar! I am so happy for you, bro

Dave
    Have you talked to these work friends and used the friend word around them? Have you been the one to round up the crew for break time and coffee?

I've been in similar why is this a one way friendship what am I doing wrong type situations. At several jobs. And the people were like oh wow we're really sorry! We thought you liked being alone!

And now those work friends are some of my closest friends.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I am the one who reaches out to them and asks them to lunch and break and have asked them to do stuff at weekends which usually gets brushed off.

I'm just going to save my energy cause it's not worth it for me.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Not really sure how to put this but I've kinda given up on trying to be friends with people.

I was at a work event yesterday and the people I'd consider my work friends just straight up ditched me and left without me. They walked passed me and all got into a car and left without saying a word to me.

I'm just so tired of putting effort and energy into trying to be friends with people cause I never seem to get any reciprocation from people.

I've definitely been there, specifically with work friends, and I totally relate to that particular brand of super shitty feeling.

Unfortunately I don't have any advice, because I just ended up doing the same thing - decided it wasn't worth it to invest myself in people who clearly didn't value me the same way. I won't say it was a "good" choice since I may very well have been denying myself the chance at some real friendships eventually, but damn if it didn't relieve a shit-ton of emotional stress by just deciding not to make the effort!

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Welp one of my new housemates does not like me it seems!! That's unfortunate.

• Options
    Yeah.

For them.

• Options
    Liiya wrote: »

What's the beef?!?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Is it the same one that doesn't like tea, because that's two points on The List now.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

Rose bushes can always use more fertilizer and extra lime.

• Options
    The beef is Monday I accidentally left my alarm clock on and she slammed on the bathroom door swearing at me that it woke her up, and it wakes her up every day. I apologised profusely and ran out of the shower turned it off. I apologised to the whole house over WhatsApp too. It didn't wake the guy whose room is next to me up, and never has, I checked with him in case it wakes him up every day. It doesn't.

Since then she's been very hostile when I say hello or ask how she is, slamming things around, giving one word "I'm FINE" answers.

• Options
    Is it the same one that doesn't like tea, because that's two points on The List now.

No he's delightful! He's also been on the receiving end of some of her rudeness though.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Liiya wrote:

No he's delightful! He's also been on the receiving end of some of her rudeness though.

Well, silver linings then :)

To me that sounds like she's got some other shit going on that she can't necessarily deal with and is funnelling that into a smaller problem that's right in front of her. Like the time one of my old housemates came back in calling us all bastards at the top of her lungs because we'd gone out earlier and she came back having left her keys in the flat all day because she thought we'd be in and somehow that's our fault?

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Liiya wrote:

Well, silver linings then :)

To me that sounds like she's got some other shit going on that she can't necessarily deal with and is funnelling that into a smaller problem that's right in front of her. Like the time one of my old housemates came back in calling us all bastards at the top of her lungs because we'd gone out earlier and she came back having left her keys in the flat all day because she thought we'd be in and somehow that's our fault?

Yeah thats it I think, she holds onto her anger about stuff easily I think. She put a fruit bowl in the middle of the dining room table, but got annoyed when we put stuff in it. Shes got annoyed with the guys leaving a few glasses on the side, and not fully washing soap out of the shower floor. She's had friends over for drinks, invited the whole house out, then on the night didn't ask anyone and left without us - and was surprised/offended the next day when we all assume she didnt want us to go out for food with her (we figured it was a polite offer, not a real one). And my doing yoga is "fluffy" and my other housemates gets digs at his enjoying a takeaway and being a games tester.

I've never met someone who gets so annoyed by stuff so easily!!

This discussion has been closed.