As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News... in a good way.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Toddler steals from Prince Harry
    A sneaky toddler was caught on camera stealing Prince Harry’s popcorn.

Young Emily Henson, who was sitting next to Prince Harry at the Invictus Games, waited until the royal wasn’t looking to nab his snack.

Thankfully, Prince Harry decided against throwing her in the Tower of London and instead pulled faces at the youngster.

The 33-year-old allowed Emily to share his tub of popcorn, entertaining the toddler with a laugh and a joke as they watched a volleyball match.

pri_54737721-e1506591382569.jpg?w=748&h=487&crop=1

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That boy's come a long way. It seems like yesterday he was dressing up as a Nazi. (It was like ten years ago)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Bad news: Masked bandits shut down bank.
    In a good way: It's these guys:

qscfxxiqz5y0.jpg
    In the latest battle of Toronto’s perpetual raccoon war, a family of masked bandits have shut down a midtown Toronto bank, annexing its ceiling as part of their territory.

The raccoons broke into the ceiling of the RBC branch at St. Clair and Oakwood Aves., in the Hillcrest-Bracondale area, on Aug. 23. Bank spokesman Mark Hamill said the branch closed the same day.

“They did get into the roof,” Hamill said. “It’s a true story.”

A copy of a memo sent to the bank’s customers circulated on social media Thursday, with the branch manager redirecting those affected to alternative locations nearby. Hamill confirmed the authenticity of the memo for the Star, saying the repairs will likely be finished at the end of October.

“It’s not a quick fix,” he said.

The City of Toronto launched its last assault on Raccoon Nation in April with the addition of green bins designed to prevent all manner of furry creatures from digging into human waste.

However, that hasn’t stopped raccoon agents from continuing their advances.

In May, one rebellious raccoon managed to get into the baggage claim area at Pearson International Airport. Another infiltrated the subway system in February, boarding a train during rush hour.

The raccoons weren’t immediately available for comment.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Bad news: Masked bandits shut down bank.
    In a good way: It's these guys:

qscfxxiqz5y0.jpg
    In the latest battle of Toronto’s perpetual raccoon war, a family of masked bandits have shut down a midtown Toronto bank, annexing its ceiling as part of their territory.

The raccoons broke into the ceiling of the RBC branch at St. Clair and Oakwood Aves., in the Hillcrest-Bracondale area, on Aug. 23. Bank spokesman Mark Hamill said the branch closed the same day.

“They did get into the roof,” Hamill said. “It’s a true story.”

A copy of a memo sent to the bank’s customers circulated on social media Thursday, with the branch manager redirecting those affected to alternative locations nearby. Hamill confirmed the authenticity of the memo for the Star, saying the repairs will likely be finished at the end of October.

“It’s not a quick fix,” he said.

The City of Toronto launched its last assault on Raccoon Nation in April with the addition of green bins designed to prevent all manner of furry creatures from digging into human waste.

However, that hasn’t stopped raccoon agents from continuing their advances.

In May, one rebellious raccoon managed to get into the baggage claim area at Pearson International Airport. Another infiltrated the subway system in February, boarding a train during rush hour.

The raccoons weren’t immediately available for comment.

"Oh good, it was just raccoons,"

Said no one ever.

...Wait. Who said what now?
    Bank spokesman Mark Hamill
    !

The only gone right is that they may foil the Joker's plan to rob the joint. Odds are they're a part of it, but, as criminal.masterminds, they will probably try to double cross him.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Young Emily Henson, who was sitting next to Prince Harry at the Invictus Games, waited until the royal wasn’t looking to nab his snack.

Thankfully, Prince Harry decided against throwing her in the Tower of London and instead pulled faces at the youngster.

The 33-year-old allowed Emily to share his tub of popcorn, entertaining the toddler with a laugh and a joke as they watched a volleyball match.

This video was hilarious for me and the wife because we're watching it and like "That's like exactly what our kid would do" and she's basically the same age as that kid.

And then at the end of the video the kid is holding the exact same toys my kid takes everywhere too.

Crazy.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Is it just me or is Prince Harry slowly morphing into Tormund?

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

Is it just me or is Prince Harry slowly morphing into Tormund?

Wouldn't you if you could?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Goldy is a dick. It is just the natural thing to be when you put on that giant head.

considering how horrifically abused character suit actors are, them getting in one doesn't bother me at all.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    And in ledes that say it all, we have Weed brothers involved in 'nationwide marijuana dealing enterprise,' OKC police believe:
    Oklahoma City police believe the aptly named Weed family are involved in a "nationwide marijuana dealing enterprise," according to a search warrant affidavit.

Earlier this week, police raided a luxury apartment at Oklahoma City's Founders Tower in connection with the Weed family investigation.

Several of the brothers — identified in court documents by Oklahoma City police as Eric, David, Blake and Brandon — have made headlines after separate marijuana-related arrests in Oklahoma City over the past year.

Margery and Jeffrey Weed are the parents, and there's also a Jason Weed, though we're not sure where he fits in the family tree.

Those "truth in advertising" laws will get you every time.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Pretty clear nominative determinism there :)

• Options
    FDA shows tough love to granola maker
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday released a warning letter to Nashoba Brook Bakery, reprimanding the West Concord, Massachusetts-based baker and wholesaler about the ingredients it lists in its granola.

One, in particular.

“Your Nashoba Granola label lists ingredient ‘Love,’” the agency wrote in the Sept. 22 letter. “‘Love’ is not a common or usual name of an ingredient, and is considered to be intervening material because it is not part of the common or usual name of the ingredient.”

. . .

The bakery was also warned about products that were “prepared, packed, or held under insanitary conditions whereby they may have become contaminated with filth, or whereby they may have been rendered injurious to heath.”

In an emailed statement, the FDA said that the concerns about “love” were “not among the agency’s top concerns.” The bigger violations were sanitary issues, according to the agency.

“The agency expects the company to correct the serious violations found on FDA’s inspection, as noted in the warning letter,” the agency said in the statement.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Love filth being on my food sounds disgusting.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I dunno, filthy love isn't all that bad.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Love filth being on my food sounds disgusting.

Isn't that what happens in 9 1/2 Weeks?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    I dunno, filthy love isn't all that bad.

It's great, but not someone else's.

And not on my granola.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    FDA shows tough love to granola maker
    The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday released a warning letter to Nashoba Brook Bakery, reprimanding the West Concord, Massachusetts-based baker and wholesaler about the ingredients it lists in its granola.

One, in particular.

“Your Nashoba Granola label lists ingredient ‘Love,’” the agency wrote in the Sept. 22 letter. “‘Love’ is not a common or usual name of an ingredient, and is considered to be intervening material because it is not part of the common or usual name of the ingredient.”

. . .

The bakery was also warned about products that were “prepared, packed, or held under insanitary conditions whereby they may have become contaminated with filth, or whereby they may have been rendered injurious to heath.”

In an emailed statement, the FDA said that the concerns about “love” were “not among the agency’s top concerns.” The bigger violations were sanitary issues, according to the agency.

“The agency expects the company to correct the serious violations found on FDA’s inspection, as noted in the warning letter,” the agency said in the statement.

If they wanted to say "made with love", then they could have put it anywhere else on the packaging. Putting it in the actual ingredient list was just dumb. Of course the CEO then drops how he doesn't like regulations, so I'm just oh so shocked they've got serious health code violations too.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Escaped prisoners arrested at escape room
    Two women who were wanted by police after escaping a west Edmonton prison on Monday night were arrested at a local escape room.

“It sort of was funny to think that they weren’t going to escape from an escape room. Definitely not as challenging here as, I assume, escaping from jail would be,” said Rebecca Liaw, who owns SideQuests Adventures escape room in downtown Edmonton with her husband, Jonathan Liaw.

Rebecca said two women who claimed to be from out of town came into their business shortly before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday to inquire about escape rooms. Jonathan said the women told him they had never experienced an escape room before and asked for a tour.

. . .

While the women were on the tour, a police officer came down the stairs into the business and asked Jonathan if two women had come in without an appointment.

“I was like, ‘Yes, actually, they have,'” he said. “He just called for backup right away. He just said, ‘They’re here.'"

Within seconds, Jonathan said four more police officers came into the building.

Meanwhile, around the corner, Rebecca had been with the women for only about 30 seconds when she looked up and saw the officers.

“I look up behind them to see the hallway full of police officers. They were very, very quickly handcuffed after that and led straight out,” Rebecca explained.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Pumpkin spice air freshener causes school evacuation.
    The Cristo Rey Jesuit High School at 420 S. Chester St in Baltimore was evacuated Thursday afternoon after a possible hazardous substance was found on the third floor. Students and staff were being evaluated outside.

Two students and three adults were transported as a precaution, one of the adults were transported for an unrelated reason.

UPDATE: A spokesman for the Baltimore City Fire Department has confirmed the source was a pumpkin spice scented air freshener. No further explanation has been provided yet.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    And in ledes that say it all, we have Weed brothers involved in 'nationwide marijuana dealing enterprise,' OKC police believe:
    Oklahoma City police believe the aptly named Weed family are involved in a "nationwide marijuana dealing enterprise," according to a search warrant affidavit.

Earlier this week, police raided a luxury apartment at Oklahoma City's Founders Tower in connection with the Weed family investigation.

Several of the brothers — identified in court documents by Oklahoma City police as Eric, David, Blake and Brandon — have made headlines after separate marijuana-related arrests in Oklahoma City over the past year.

Margery and Jeffrey Weed are the parents, and there's also a Jason Weed, though we're not sure where he fits in the family tree.

Those "truth in advertising" laws will get you every time.

I swear that they are not within my immediate family

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/04/wyoming-man-arrested-after-claiming-traveled-from-2048-to-warn-alien-invasion.html

Bad news, we just arrested our last hope of withstanding the coming alien invasion.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/04/wyoming-man-arrested-after-claiming-traveled-from-2048-to-warn-alien-invasion.html

Bad news, we just arrested our last hope of withstanding the coming alien invasion.

Gone right: life under the alien bootheel is probably still an improvement over current system

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »

Gone right: life under the alien bootheel is probably still an improvement over current system

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Gas station attendant tries to convince customer to not smoke while refueling, resorts to drastic measures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AzaHtImEO4

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »

those babies have huge paws.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That station attendant demonstrated admirable restraint. I am not sure I could have resisted slapping that idiot upside the head.
    I take comfort in the fact that you will never ever ever get that powder out of the car.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    That station attendant demonstrated admirable restraint. I am not sure I could have resisted slapping that idiot upside the head.
    I take comfort in the fact that you will never ever ever get that powder out of the car.

Heck I dunno if I would have resisted clonking him in the head with the fire extinguisher, incredible restraint just spraying him.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I've seen an exploded gas station nothing survives that. I would have clocked that idiot in the jaw

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Spaffy wrote: »

Every so often, we'll spot a bobcat up in the rocks. During one of our night pours, we had at least one watching the job site for several nights; you looked up the slope, and all you could see was two glowing eyes.

Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I've seen an exploded gas station nothing survives that. I would have clocked that idiot in the jaw

"Sir, are you aware that you're on top of a potential air-fuel bomb that makes the stuff they drop on afghanistan look like firecrackers?"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular

Worked as an attendant myself for some time. Not only would people smoke constantly, they'd throw lit stubs on the ground as they left. Any attempt at reason or even pleading to stop this behavior was met with disdain, at best. Some would come out with "It's not like I'm spilling gas all over the place" which sounds logical enough on the surface, but it's the VAPOR that's the dangerous part. Technically you can even throw a lit cigarette into a puddle of gas and nothing will happen barring some incredible fluke, but why even take the chance?

I will say in America at least (the station in the video is in... Bulgaria I think?, so possibly his reaction was more justified, satisfying as it may be either way) there are NUMEROUS safety features at any modern station that would prevent a ground-leveling explosion. The worst that would happen to a singular smoker starting a fire is torching his/her own car (and likely themselves with it) and some relatively minor damage to the pump apparatus itself. Possibly spreading flaming gas around if they panic and yank the nozzle back out.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I will always remember the story of a manager I had when I worked in fast food.

He had a previous job at a gas station, and a person was driving past when their engine caught fire, so they pulled into the gas station for assistance. :(

So he hit the emergency kill switch on all the pumps and went and yelled at the person.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    May I introduce The Most Canadian Chicken Ever:
    For several weeks now, a chicken in Shediac, New Brunswick, has been crossing the road, clearing the parking lot of delicious crumbs and then crossing again and returning home.

The chicken’s home—she lives as a pet with a local family—is across the street from the Tim Hortons, which, a worker told CBC News, the chicken might have an “addiction” to. Sometimes, the chicken needs help crossing the road, other times, cars stop for it, and it walks itself, taking up to 10 minutes for each crossing. Please enjoy this in depth reporting from CBC, which includes no less than four people giving reporters their thoughts about the chicken.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    May I introduce The Most Canadian Chicken Ever:
    For several weeks now, a chicken in Shediac, New Brunswick, has been crossing the road, clearing the parking lot of delicious crumbs and then crossing again and returning home.

The chicken’s home—she lives as a pet with a local family—is across the street from the Tim Hortons, which, a worker told CBC News, the chicken might have an “addiction” to. Sometimes, the chicken needs help crossing the road, other times, cars stop for it, and it walks itself, taking up to 10 minutes for each crossing. Please enjoy this in depth reporting from CBC, which includes no less than four people giving reporters their thoughts about the chicken.

And now we finally know the answer.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Back in the day, the local gas station had one pump right outside the door. One of those older places where you pulled up under the awning, pump on one side of the car and building on the other. There was maybe 5 feet between front door and car.

The employees would take their smoke breaks right outside the door and I was always amazed that place never blew up.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Volkswagen eats tree, keeps on running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuefxwTjOZg

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    With a gas station situation like that you'd just slam the emergency stop and then when the other customers complain that their gas stopped pumping, tell them to direct their ire at the man trying to kill them all.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    With a gas station situation like that you'd just slam the emergency stop and then when the other customers complain that their gas stopped pumping, tell them to direct their ire at the man trying to kill them all.

But wouldn't that be making the situation more inflammable?

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    If a schoolchild throws something from a school bus, the correct resolution is to note the bus number, then call in to the school district. This, however, is the resolution that gets you arrested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOspNfObJS4

This discussion has been closed.