As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad News... in a good way.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    That is freakin' adorable.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/story/news/2017/10/26/man-locked-beer-cooler-stays-and-has-drinks/803184001/

Wisconsin man gets locked in a beer cooler overnight, lives up to his states reputation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/story/news/2017/10/26/man-locked-beer-cooler-stays-and-has-drinks/803184001/

Wisconsin man gets locked in a beer cooler overnight, lives up to his states reputation.

When in Wisconsin...

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm vaguely reminded of the Mayday episode where the pilot let his 14 year old son sit in the chair and "fly" the airplane, though the plane was on autopilot the whole time.

Kid managed to inadvertently disable part of the autopilot in such a way nobody thought was possible and didn't sound an alarm. Kid then inadvertently managed to bank the plane so far the g-forces prevented the pilot from getting back in the chair. Kid then inadvertently crashed the plane and killed everybody.

...It was a pretty good episode.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    If you're gonna break in to a house, don't pick the one where a police dog lives with his handler:

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    An intoxicated Bay man caught drink-driving told police he was on his way to check why there was such a large police presence in the area.
    They were one charge of driving while disqualified, one of driving with an excess breath alcohol (both third or subsequent offences), and one of failing to answer District Court bail.

When Kohu was stopped on Fraser St on July 5 he told the police officer he was on his way to check why there was such a large police presence in the area.

He was driving with an excess breath alcohol of 729 micrograms - almost three times the adult legal limit of 250mcg.

Judge Edwin Paul told Kohu he was left "speechless" by his reason for driving that night.

"I have got to say Mr Kohu I have heard lots of explanations for drink-driving but I've never heard this one before.

"Your explanation really reflects the fact that you were drunk.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Bad news, Donald Trump is the President, but this holiday season consider the gift of Donald Trump Toilet Paper

3ern4o5ri9l1.jpg

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I don't want his face in my house, much less near my nether region.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Novelty toilet paper is always that waxy single ply stuff they put in public restrooms that seem to conjure more shit out of the ether rather than remove anything already present.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Why add shit to shit

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Hevach wrote: »
    Novelty toilet paper is always that waxy single ply stuff they put in public restrooms that seem to conjure more shit out of the ether rather than remove anything already present.

Trump's face going on shitty quality products is expected.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

This onion has layers.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

This onion has layers.

A shit product for shit products, if you will.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Well it is one way to get his lips on your ass without being Russian

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The toilet paper that leaves you feeling less clean after you've used it.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

This onion has layers.

Only if it's >2-ply

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I knew you guys would find ways to shit on this. Was not disappointed.

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »

You can always count on us to come up with crappy puns.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

You can always count on us to come up with crappy puns.
    It was the second idea to come to mind. Which is to say, it was idea number two.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Well it is one way to get his lips on your ass without being Russian

yeah this isn't getting topped

• Options
  • Options

Honestly, I'd expect this from my neck of the woods.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Well, really, what's he supposed to do in that situation? Let the bear hang out, eat all the food, take a dump on the carpet? That's Florida Man's job.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    "The bear was rummaging through the fridge, despite the street being lined with trashcans."

Yeah, no shit. Bear knows the good stuff is inside.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    KC detective ends interview after suspect answers question with ‘loud fart’
    His flatulence stopped one police interrogation, but not a continuing investigation that has resulted in a 24-year-old Kansas City man facing federal gun and drug charges.

Sean A. Sykes Jr., is charged in U.S. District Court possession with intent to sell cocaine and being a felon in possession of three firearms, two of which were reported stolen.

The charges stem from Kansas City police traffic stops on Sept. 1 and Nov. 5, according to court documents.

On Sept. 1, Sykes was in a car that police searched and found a backpack that contained various drugs and two handguns. One of the guns, a .357 Magnum, had been reported stolen out of a car in Independence a few days earlier, according to the documents.

While being questioned, Sykes denied knowing anything about the guns and drugs.

In his report about the interview, the detective wrote that when asked about his address, “Mr. Sykes leaned to one side of his chair and released a loud fart before answering with the address.”

“Mr. Sykes continued to be flatulent and I ended the interview,” the detective wrote.

Charges were not filed at that time.

Then on Nov. 5, police pulled over a car driven by Sykes.

According to the allegations in court documents, police found marijuana and crack cocaine inside the vehicle. They also found a .38-caliber revolver that had been reported stolen from Overland Park.

Sykes made an initial court appearance Monday and was ordered held in custody pending a hearing later this week to determine if a bond will be set.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Honestly, I'd expect this from my neck of the woods.

I mean, this is just every day in Vermont.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Well, really, what's he supposed to do in that situation? Let the bear hang out, eat all the food, take a dump on the carpet? That's Florida Man's job.

I woulda gone outside and let the bear join the conference call and confuse everyone.

"So we're leaning towards Tuesday, what you think about that Bob"
    "Graaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    His flatulence stopped one police interrogation, but not a continuing investigation that has resulted in a 24-year-old Kansas City man facing federal gun and drug charges.

Sean A. Sykes Jr., is charged in U.S. District Court possession with intent to sell cocaine and being a felon in possession of three firearms, two of which were reported stolen.

The charges stem from Kansas City police traffic stops on Sept. 1 and Nov. 5, according to court documents.

On Sept. 1, Sykes was in a car that police searched and found a backpack that contained various drugs and two handguns. One of the guns, a .357 Magnum, had been reported stolen out of a car in Independence a few days earlier, according to the documents.

In his report about the interview, the detective wrote that when asked about his address, “Mr. Sykes leaned to one side of his chair and released a loud fart before answering with the address.”

“Mr. Sykes continued to be flatulent and I ended the interview,” the detective wrote.

According to the allegations in court documents, police found marijuana and crack cocaine inside the vehicle. They also found a .38-caliber revolver that had been reported stolen from Overland Park.

Sykes made an initial court appearance Monday and was ordered held in custody pending a hearing later this week to determine if a bond will be set.

So he was caught red-handed but managed to delay an arrest by at least two months entirely by farting? If he hadn't been pulled over a second time, would he have just gotten away with it completely?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    jothki wrote: »

So he was caught red-handed but managed to delay an arrest by at least two months entirely by farting? If he hadn't been pulled over a second time, would he have just gotten away with it completely?

Article didn't go into detail about whether there was still an investigation in the books, just that questioning ended. Not a ton of info on the procedural stuff in that.

Steel Angel on
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I have a feeling this is maybe fake news because it is just so strange. But CTV News is real, so...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/kidnapping-charges-pending-in-bizarre-alberta-crash-involving-naked-suspects-1.3666465
    A bizarre car crash involving a BMW filled with naked people has become even stranger as RCMP prepare kidnapping charges against three suspects, who investigators allege intentionally rammed a truck after three people escaped the vehicle.
    On Monday, two vehicles collided on a rural road in Nisku, Alta. When officers arrived, they found five people inside a white BMW completely unclothed.
    In an update Tuesday, RCMP allege that three people -- a man, a woman and a newborn baby -- were forced from a home in Leduc County and into a vehicle.
    Investigators said the man was stuffed into the vehicle’s trunk but somehow managed to escape. The woman and infant also managed to flee.
    That’s when a truck driver passing through the area spotted the three and picked them up.
    Derek Scott of LPH Industrial says it was his employee who came to their rescue.
    “Apparently they came out of the ditch with no shoes on, so he stopped to see obviously if they needed help. It’s the middle of the winter and people running around with no shoes on -- you stop to help them,” Scott told CTV Edmonton.
    After they entered the truck, RCMP said another vehicle purposefully rammed the truck. The force of the collision pushed the truck into a ditch.
    “They rammed him from behind … the unclothed people in the BMW,” Scott said.
    RCMP arrested five suspects: a man, two women and two female minors. All five were naked when they were taken in to custody.

Cult? Sex-cult? Neighbour war gone too far between the kidnapped family and their nudist next door neighbours? Aliens? Did they kidnap them while naked or did that happen later?

I'll definitely keep an eye out for more news on this.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Appears to be real! The version of the story in the Edmonton Journal is easier to follow.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/crime/kidnapping-preceded-nisku-crash-with-carload-of-naked-people
    Police believed drugs and alcohol may have been factors in the incident.
    No way.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    KFC paints portrait of man who discovered twitter easter egg
    Twitter user Mike Edgette, a social media manager at TallGrass Public Relations in Sioux Falls, S.D., recently stumbled across one of the year’s best branded easter eggs when he noticed KFC’s account followed only six men named Herb and five Spice Girls—aka 11 Herbs and Spices, a savvy reference to the brand’s storied secret recipe.

His unassuming tweet about the discovery, made about a month after the stunt was quietly placed by agency Wieden + Kennedy, has since exploded to 322,000 retweets and 715,000 likes.

But fleeting Twitter fame wasn’t the only reward in store for Edgette. This week, he announced (on Twitter, of course) that he’d received a framed, custom painting depicting him piggyback riding Colonel Sanders in a majestic natural landscape:

full-width-kfc-portrait-2017-1117x660.jpg

Steam Profile
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    KFC paints portrait of man who discovered twitter easter egg
    Twitter user Mike Edgette, a social media manager at TallGrass Public Relations in Sioux Falls, S.D., recently stumbled across one of the year’s best branded easter eggs when he noticed KFC’s account followed only six men named Herb and five Spice Girls—aka 11 Herbs and Spices, a savvy reference to the brand’s storied secret recipe.

His unassuming tweet about the discovery, made about a month after the stunt was quietly placed by agency Wieden + Kennedy, has since exploded to 322,000 retweets and 715,000 likes.

But fleeting Twitter fame wasn’t the only reward in store for Edgette. This week, he announced (on Twitter, of course) that he’d received a framed, custom painting depicting him piggyback riding Colonel Sanders in a majestic natural landscape:

full-width-kfc-portrait-2017-1117x660.jpg

Sadly, this appears to be a very good PR stunt: Reddit thread discussing

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    That was brought up in the article, too. The guy denies it there.

Either way, it's funny and a pretty creative way to advertise, so hey, I've got no complaints.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Either way, it's funny and a pretty creative way to advertise, so hey, I've got no complaints.

Honestly it's just a funny thing for like, 10 seconds of someone's day. At that point who cares what the source is, it's like getting pissed that the joke your 6 year-old nephew told you is from a joke book instead of self-discovered. It's the people who blow this stuff up into omg I just can't that make it a thing.

• Options

Honestly it's just a funny thing for like, 10 seconds of someone's day. At that point who cares what the source is, it's like getting pissed that the joke your 6 year-old nephew told you is from a joke book instead of self-discovered. It's the people who blow this stuff up into omg I just can't that make it a thing.

But it works.

I definitely will be going to KFC instead of Popeyes next time I'm craving a heart attack.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

But it works.

I definitely will be going to KFC instead of Popeyes next time I'm craving a heart attack.

Wow. Reported for terrible opinions.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I just watched a popeyes commercial where apparently you can get a whole deep fried turkey for Thanksgiving.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    I just watched a popeyes commercial where apparently you can get a whole deep fried turkey for Thanksgiving.

Seriously, deep fried turkey is amazing.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I prefer smoked but deep fried runs a very close 2nd.

I wonder if you could smoke a bird for a couple hours then throw it in a deep fryer to finish it off.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.