As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Portend: A Post-Apocalyptic Pirate [Phalla] - Game Over!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Pretending to be dead is fun. I was pretty sure I was never gonna get the chance to do that ever again, so I had to take advantage of it while I could.

We've got 8 people alive.

2 mafia left:
    - And we don't kill any mafia or don't kill their assaulter: We lose a villager to the vote, 2 dead kills, and 2 mafia kills. That leaves 3 players left tomorrow. If there are two mafia left, we lose.
    - And we vote out their assaulter: We lose 3 villagers, which puts us at 1 mafia and 3 villagers left. We would have to vote out the mafia to win. If we vig them then its a host victory.

1 mafia left:
    - And we vote/assault them: we win
    - And we don't kill them tonight. We lose 5 villagers. Leaving 3 people alive tomorrow and even if we hit with our vote then the dead will vote out the remaining and its a host victory.

So the only way we win is if we vote out a mafia tonight. And even then, there is only one fringe case where the game doesn't end tonight.

So since there won't be a next day, I see no danger in infodumping so we make the best decision. Here's the rundown of the remaining players:

38thDoe - Has buffed me for the past two nights, which I think would clear him since he if he was mafia he wouldn't have been able to assault
    Bliss101 - See 38thDoe
    Corvidae - We've had 2 builders die green. We've never had more than 2 of any role. He was seered as "You can't make anything out about corvidae's true intentions" but the seering in this game is weird and it could just be how the question was asked. He did use the artifact on me the night before last, but admittedly did not know what the artifact would do and also told me that there was a warning to "be careful who you use the artifact on." But still, I don't see a mafia using the artifact on me. They'd probably target one of their own.
    Grunt's Ghosts - Really vocal about me coming back, which I think he wouldn't do if he was mafia? Or maybe he would because as a mafia it would be easy to get super pissed about an unkillable nethead. Got into a group early and I don't think they've killed any mafia. I've got nothing here. Not sure either way.
    LonelyAhava - Seered Village by MrT.
    SLyM - Again, nothing. Laid super low all game, made himself invincible with armor. That could easily be mafia or just a defensive village player.
    WACriminal - Was supposed to attack me last night. Had he done so, it would have shown in the narration that I was assaulted by a green player. This is how I was trying to confirm chamberlain and how he got caught as well. He's claiming he did attack me but it must have been a busdrive or something. Easily our best lead, imo.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    With that being said, our best lead is WACriminal. Lying about attacking me when it could have confirmed him green is too much to overlook.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Well then...

WACriminal, sorry bro, but that's just too much odd for me to trust.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Can you go into how seering this game is weird?
    WACriminal

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Seers ask a question

And then Burnage The Cave answers it however it feels like it.

Lets just infodump what MrT gave me:

Q: what is the most useful thing that I could learn tonight?
    A: The most useful thing you could learn tonight would be the names of the six Death Cultists stalking Portend.

Q: which words and in what order could I use in a divination request that would unambiguously reveal the names of the six Death Cultists stalking Portend?
    A: no reply. It seems as if the Cave isn't powerful enough to provide a response, and you're about to leave when you experience a rapid series of mental images - corpses, growing more numerous, growing more powerful, coming to rule over all. You're not sure what it means, but you leave the Cave sweating.

Q: Which player(s) attacked the mortuary?
    A: Raiden333 and another individual, their face obscured to you, attacked the mortuary.

Q: What is the name of a non-eliminated player that is an undead threat to the town?
    A: There are no non-eliminated players that are an undead threat.

Q:Is Gizzy a Death Cultist?
    A: lonelyahava does not appear to worship death

Day 6: Divination - Is lonelyahava a Death Cultist?
    Reply: lonelyahava does not appear to worship death

Q: Is corvidae the name of one of the six Death Cultists that stalked Portend on the first night?
    A: You can't make anything out about corvidae's true intentions

Basically its like if seering were clarification questions, with hilarious host cave responses and all

ObiFett on
  • Options
    ...?

• Options
    ...?

??

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    How the feck do I be coming out of that looking more suspicious than the mangy cur corvidae? He be violating our rule of three, the seering cave be hesitant to be telling ye his alignment, and he be holding artifacts aligned with death.

In fact, take a look at these side by side:

Q: Which player(s) attacked the mortuary?
    A: Raiden333 and another individual, their face obscured to you, attacked the mortuary.
    Q: Is corvidae the name of one of the six Death Cultists that stalked Portend on the first night?
    A: You can't make anything out about corvidae's true intentions

Two instances of cloaking from the seering cave. Mayhaps the same player? Further evidence:

First off, what the feck. And ye be saying there be no bus-driving hereabouts. A proper daft one, ye be.

Second, the seering cave seem not hesitant to provide alignment seering in general, providing ye with Ahava's alignment. Then how come it be so cryptic when corvidae be the target? Be he some sort of shifty type?

Finally, consider again these two facts in evidence:

1. The remaining enemy, presumably, be the mysterious cove wot attacked the mortuary.
    2. Corvidae be claiming to be a builder.

Perhaps he be not simply a builder, but instead can attack OR repair a building? 'Twould be the perfect cover role. Or, even more simply, perhaps he can only attack buildings, but could have held back his attack to "confirm" that he had repaired a building under attack.

All of this seem proper suspicious to me eyes.

And ye still not be explaining how a mafia team which includes multiple experienced veterans -- including discrider, who God save him ain't done naught BUT play mafia of late -- made such a rookie mistake as to put their team kill on the vote winner, without me bus driving power. The evidence of me bus driving's continued existence be right there in yer seering cave results, but ye be plainly ignoring it, mate.

• Options
    But didn't you lose your busdriving power on day 2?

When did MrT get the results on Lonelyahava?

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    But didn't you lose your busdriving power on day 2?

When did MrT get the results on Lonelyahava?

'Tis true, *I* be losing it. It be taken from me.

Question is who took it, mate.

• Options
    What did the PM that said that you lost your power say exactly?

• Options
    WACriminal wrote: »

Sorry, I copied the question from earlier in the PM chain when we were gonna seer Gizzy and then we changed over to Ahava. This is the PM I got from MrT after the results:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    MrT told me about Ahava after my second death, whatever day that was. It sounded like he seered her that night.

ObiFett on
  • Options

It said I were beaten and knocked unconscious while out drinking. When I awoke, me powers as the Fool of Portend had been taken from me.
    ObiFett wrote: »

Sorry, I copied the question from earlier in the PM chain when we were gonna seer Gizzy and then we changed over to Ahava. This is the PM I got from MrT after the results:

...ye copied the question from one message and the answer from another?

Ye're lucky ye been confirmed five times over, mate.

• Options
    edited August 2016

It said I were beaten and knocked unconscious while out drinking. When I awoke, me powers as the Fool of Portend had been taken from me.

...ye copied the question from one message and the answer from another?

Ye're lucky ye been confirmed five times over, mate.

I have so many PMs

But I thought I asked MrT to seer Ahava, turns out I asked him to seer discrider but he seered ahava that night. It was because I wasn't confirmed yet so he didnt trust me. That Gizzy question was just an example he gave me of the phrasing he was gonna use on his target that night. I copied that question and then the results on Ahava. I'm dumb.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Be that as it may, that be but one small part of me argument. The seering cave shenanigans be far more persuasive, by my reckoning, mate.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Also, fwiw

INAGTP, aka INANTP the Brilliant, is the smartest ghost

Just thought I would post that for posterity's sake.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    OooooOOOoooO
    Yar boooo
    OoooOOOOOooo

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Be that as it may, that be but one small part of me argument. The seering cave shenanigans be far more persuasive, by my reckoning, mate.

Why didn't you attack me last night?

You knew it would confirm you. I have basically zero health and die to any attack of any strength. If you had attacked me, it would have shown up in narration.

Yet you obviously didn't attack me because nothing was there. And there was no busdrive because I got my attack buffed by the weaponsmiths.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    And there was no busdrive because I got my attack buffed by the weaponsmiths

• Options

You knew it would confirm you. I have basically zero health and die to any attack of any strength. If you had attacked me, it would have shown up in narration.

Yet you obviously didn't attack me because nothing was there. And there was no busdrive because I got my attack buffed by the weaponsmiths.

I've already told ye everything I know. I got no explanation, 'cept...

...BurnagePhalla, mate.

• Options

I've already told ye everything I know. I got no explanation, 'cept...

...BurnagePhalla, mate.

I mean you have an explanation, you just don't want to tell us that you're mafia.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Since it's a bank holiday in the UK, due to host drunkenness I'm extending today by another 24 hours.

• Options
    Here ya go, WACriminal, you're gonna need a couple of these for the next 24 hours

2015-03-09+11.52.15.jpg?format=500w
    get it? Because he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Also he's a pirate.

• Options
    NO... I can't do this. WE CAN'T WAIT NO MORE!

DAMN YOU BRITS AND YOUR FAKE HOLIDAYS!

• Options
    NO... I can't do this. WE CAN'T WAIT NO MORE!

DAMN YOU BRITS AND YOUR FAKE HOLIDAYS!

squinty-leo.jpg

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    y'arrgh.

so glad i set an alarm to wake up for vote close, and see it gets extended.

not sarcasm, birdbeard gets to have a nice adult beverage, and go back to sleep.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm happy for extension, first night since my 4 month old was born that we had babysitters and went out for a wild night of Olive Garden and oh everything closes early because its Sunday.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    weeeee drugs

wacriminal

• Options
    Good thing we have this extra day for all this discussion.

• Options
    I've just about sobered up now, so if everyone still alive wants to wrap things up I'll call the day to a close.

• Options
    I'm don't think anyone is gonna change their vote but if you're missing orders we might wanna wait.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    WACriminal

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Missing just a couple of orders. Day will end once they're in.

• Options
    OK, yeah, host just confirmed a confession from me could finish the game. I didn't want to do it before in case of any remaining non-mafia factors (like survival neutrals, etc.).

I fought the ObiLaw, and the ObiLaw won, mate.

• Options
    OK, yeah, host just confirmed a confession from me could finish the game. I didn't want to do it before in case of any remaining non-mafia factors (like survival neutrals, etc.).

I fought the ObiLaw, and the ObiLaw won, mate.

Now I think this is a trick and there is another mafia left...

• Options
    edited August 2016
    The Fool of Portend be thankin' ye for yer votes, mate. 8-)

WACriminal on
  • Options
    If you are a vote bomb this will be the greatest ending to a phalla ever.

• Options
    If you are a vote bomb this will be the greatest ending to a phalla ever.

Not a vote bomb, mate.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    i'm okay with it ending early. i put my absolutely useless order in.