Options

[chat] of the Worst

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    rockrnger wrote: »
    I actually thought the last act of seven was cool.

Everyone saving the world as a coincidence of doing something selfish.

it's rare that FFVII is referred to as Seven so for a bit I was wondering about how this related to WHAT (WAS) IN THE FUCKING BOX?

me too but everyone knows the proper way to refer to the movie is 7even

se7en

or se seven en

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    the anime is quite strong in this thread
    AynSSgl.jpg

Like Moses smashing the tablets on the ground and telling you you're all a bunch of idolatrous fucks.

Moses was the most humble man in the whole world

- Moses

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    this time it was about streamers devaluing gaming streams by being to sexy an having big boops on the display

god what is wrong with you internet

At least for once it's not a double standard. They made some big deal about no shirtless guys a while back.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Alazull wrote: »
    Which is really bad, because only one of us has not only ingested alcohol but also at least four hundred grams of legal THC.

How...how are you not passed out in a near-comatose stupor right now?

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    yeah the cost of amtrak is just..lol?
    It's like..plane ticket prices (OR MORE) for a slower more annoying trip

Well, a benefit is you CAN get a huge sleeper car... but that cost is just unfuckingbelievable.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Which is really bad, because only one of us has not only ingested alcohol but also at least four hundred grams of legal THC.

I post near comatose all the time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I had good Turkish coffee today and it was adorable.
    AAB1okH.jpg

erdorable?
    adoragan?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    you know it's greek coffee right

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular

I post near comatose all the time.

I have a lot of practice.

Also I actually ate regular meals and stayed hydrated.

The weed lozenge made the boat ride to pick crab pots in driving rain acceptable.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Even if that was supposed to be milligrams, that's about 20 times the dose that will put me to sleep right quick.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I believe the cost of Amtrak is solely to spite liberals with a train fetish.

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Even if that was supposed to be milligrams, that's about 20 times the dose that will put me to sleep right quick.

I dunno what it was, but it was four hundred of some measure.

And it is giving me a pretty awesome body high.

I think I'll make tacos.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Lots of coffee fetishists in this thread.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

that is a lot

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Maybe it was 400 atoms.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    alazull please make me a yorkshire pudding with caramelised onion and liver gravy and email it to me so it arrives hot

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Miyazaki is a wonderful director but he also possesses a vehement hatred of any form of animation that doesn't fall under the very specific production/style umbrella that he considers "real" animation

This makes him incredibly narrow minded about certain things, purposefully blind on others, and a complete goose at times - like that time, in a magazine dedicated to the memory of Osamu Tezuka (published a short time after his death) he couldn't help but take the opportunity to call Tezuka "bankrupted by his own vanity" and that "everything Tezuka said or thought was wrong"

Great artist, but can be a terrible person

• Options
    15mg of thc in an edible will fuck me up pretty good

• Options
    400 grams is nearly a pound.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    this time it was about streamers devaluing gaming streams by being to sexy an having big boops on the display

god what is wrong with you internet

At least for once it's not a double standard. They made some big deal about no shirtless guys a while back.

who is they in this instance?

• Options
    I texted my friend.

Apparently it was 40 mg.

Wow, this fame is going to my head.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    also note that by many definitions Miyazaki would count as an otaku, with his single-minded obsessions re: the aesthetics of movement and early-20th century aircraft (and in one essay admitted that his early forays into animation were spurred because he was infatuated with an anime character)

but like all revolutionaries, there came a time when he must eat his children...

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Miyazaki is a wonderful director but he also possesses a vehement hatred of any form of animation that doesn't fall under the very specific production/style umbrella that he considers "real" animation

This makes him incredibly narrow minded about certain things, purposefully blind on others, and a complete goose at times - like that time, in a magazine dedicated to the memory of Osamu Tezuka (published a short time after his death) he couldn't help but take the opportunity to call Tezuka "bankrupted by his own vanity" and that "everything Tezuka said or thought was wrong"

Great artist, but can be a terrible person

what if I told you that Tezuka once said "simonwolf is a charlatan and a liar!"

• Options
    That makes more sense.

You are probably good and fucked up right now.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    40mg is still a good strong dose

RIP ur snacks

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    That was ... fortuitous!

Just starting to think about leaving the hospital, Nargirl's dad passes by in the hallway.

Pops his head in, says 'let's get out of here!', and scored myself a free ride home.

*lounges grandly in own bed*

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Simonwolf what is moe again? Is it a hard thing to define and remember? Have I asked you this before?

sig.gif
  • Options
    so many hippies and burnouts itt

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    yeah the cost of amtrak is just..lol?
    It's like..plane ticket prices (OR MORE) for a slower more annoying trip

I'm interested in why you feel it's more annoying than flying, because honestly if it weren't for the length of train trips, I'd choose Amtrak every time. The experience is, in my opinion, significantly better than flying.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    bullet/maglev trains or gtfo

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    That was ... fortuitous!

Just starting to think about leaving the hospital, Nargirl's dad passes by in the hallway.

Pops his head in, says 'let's get out of here!', and scored myself a free ride home.

*lounges grandly in own bed*

Lovely Day

sig.gif
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    you know it's greek coffee right

I like my Greek coffee with my Freedom fries.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    wandering wrote: »
    the anime is quite strong in this thread
    AynSSgl.jpg

Like Moses smashing the tablets on the ground and telling you you're all a bunch of idolatrous fucks.

Except that he never actually said that. You can watch the documentary the screencaps are from on Netflix. It's called "Kingdom of Dreams and Madness" and it's pretty cool.

(He is pretty cynical about the state of the anime industry, though.)

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    also I am kinda jelly of people who can mix booze and pot

it makes me puke : (

• Options
    Simonwolf what is moe again? Is it a hard thing to define and remember? Have I asked you this before?

I gave a brief rundown on the last page, but I have a very academic definition of moé as espoused by Azuma Hiroki, Patrick Galbraith, and other Japanese cultural theorists, which doesn't fit with the fan usage in a lot of ways

to me moé is an emotional/euphoric response to the virtual potential of characters, as communicated through their designs

I'm currently bouldering but I'll give you a better def when I get home

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Can someone text my mom in the morning and tell her I said "same"?

I should reply to her in more depth but I am v sleepy and also I want to build rockets instead.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    ffvii definitely goes downhill after the first disc, but fewer games have ever had a cooler opening

i mean, you play eco terrorists for fuck's sake

that's awesome!
    I didn't really get that yeah, you are definitely playing an eco terrorist. As a kid I was like haha robot fight haha barrett cursed in a game!
    Now I'm like, yeah they were all definitely ecoterrorists fighting the good fight.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    also I am kinda jelly of people who can mix booze and pot

it makes me puke : (

To quote the poet Snoop Doggy Dogg
    Later on that day
    My homey Dr. Dre came through with a gang of Tanqueray
    And a fat ass J, of some bubonic chronic that made me choke
    Shit, this ain't no joke
    I had to back up off of it and sit my cup down
    Tanqueray and chronic, yeah I'm fucked up now

• Options
    Greece and Turkey fight so much over who "owns" certain cultural touchstones, and yet as soon as you bring up butt sex they're like "oh no that's those other guys who came up with that,, that wasn't us."

• Options
    vh lets run away together and ride the rails

we'll sell your body for food and mine for drugs

This discussion has been closed.