Options

[Elite: Dangerous] Get a ship, get a crew and keep flying. Now with ALIENS.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    ED! wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    So completed the tutorial. No interest whatsoever in doing those advanced training missions. That tutorial needs a TON of work in my honest opinion. Add the controller woes and I do not have the best first impression of this game.

Even now IN the game, I'm making my approach to my destination and I can't "safely disengage" the FSD drive. . .why? Controls are on Classic Mode (which sucks because you frequently switch into Alternate Control Scheme because it's easy to register an L3 click) yet I'm still not registering Triangle (just like in the tutorial) or even R. However like the tutorial the location I'm told to do to isn't the actual location? If this first mission station is like the tutorial mission I'm not actually looking for my target I'm looking for a station around-abouts to my target so I can land there?

Trying not to get frustrated but holey frijoles this stuff is starting to irk me.

To "safely disengage" the FSD, you need to be traveling under (I think) 200km/s. Basically, in the lower-left of your main view, when you get close to your destination, two little bars pop up if your destination is locked. The top is distance to destination, the lower is your speed. Close to the left-side of both bars is a little blue-shaded area which designates the safe tolerances to disengage the FSD.

It should be noted that you can perform an emergency stop by double-tapping Triangle...but you'll cause hull-damage to yourself if you do this.

Went online and apparently the game sometimes needs you to "reset" the default controls. I looked in the controller layout and the FSD Disengage button (same button in the tutorial) was now mapped to "Target." I certainly didn't change that so I have no idea how it got that way.

Huh...well...that would definitely make it a bit more difficult to get out of supercruise.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Asp Explorer is generally regarded as the preeminent exploration option. Though the Diamondback Explorer was patched a couple months back and is also a perfectly fine choice too.
    dylman wrote: »
    One of the very best explorers is the Asp Explorer, it's right in your price range and is one of the very best all round ships in the game - I have access to pretty much everything and still regularly fly the Asp, for example.

Okay - how's this look for an Asp Explorer build-out for pure exploration?

https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0pithFflidiskf5--1717--04---054df30i2u2i2f.Iw18WQ==.Aw1iM5tBMpA=?bn=Explorer Wishlist

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

It's up to you really but if I'm going exploring I'm just going exploring and that's it. Drop the weapons lower the weight. Maybe get a engineer to mod the frameshift for more jumping range.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Yea I'm not having fun here. At all. Just spent 6 minutes trying to land. Game says I'm looking right at the landing pad, but the pad is outside the station? Nothing I do gets the game to register that I'm above the pad that clearly has a yellow 3 above it. Am I supposed to fly in and there'll be another 3 inside? No clue. This is after doing an intro mission and then finding there are no missions at the station I ended up at. That's fine. Just fly somewhere else of course. . .but this malarkey, the tutorial and my custom controls refusing to stay fixed have literally sapped my interest in the game today.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    A guy tried to gank me because he was mad that I wasn't carrying SCBs. Fucken dorks.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    It's up to you really but if I'm going exploring I'm just going exploring and that's it. Drop the weapons lower the weight. Maybe get a engineer to mod the frameshift for more jumping range.

Dropping them is only a .2LY difference in max jumprange, though.

I'm working on the "Travel 500 LY from starting point" to unlock the FSD engineer. Having an exploration-focused ship would help with that ... :)

EDIT:

Better idea - drop the thrusters to D-rated, pick up most of +1LY jump range.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0pitiFflidiskf5--1111--04---054df30i2u2i2f.Iw18WQ==.Aw1iM5tBMpA=?bn=Explorer Wishlist

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Yea I'm not having fun here. At all. Just spent 6 minutes trying to land. Game says I'm looking right at the landing pad, but the pad is outside the station? Nothing I do gets the game to register that I'm above the pad that clearly has a yellow 3 above it. Am I supposed to fly in and there'll be another 3 inside? No clue. This is after doing an intro mission and then finding there are no missions at the station I ended up at. That's fine. Just fly somewhere else of course. . .but this malarkey, the tutorial and my custom controls refusing to stay fixed have literally sapped my interest in the game today.

You're probably facing the wrong way.

This game isn't for you. That's not a slight on you, but it's a rough game to start with and if you're already hating it you're not going to get the bug.

• Options

Yes, some stations have pads outside - the smaller ones, mostly. Large stations have internal landing pads that you get to via a "mailslot."

The game will show you the landing interface when you get close to the pad. If you're looking at the 3, you're too high. Descend (slowly) and extend your landing gear, and you'll get the landing lineup interface (the "ball").

• Options
    edited July 2017
    This is exactly what I'm looking at: http://i.imgur.com/GVXJTjc.jpg

Intuitively, a person would try and land exactly where they are being guided to land. The big yellow 3 is exactly as it is in previous landing attempts, so of course I'm going to try and land there. If I'm supposed to find the blue "entrance here" opening like the other landing attempts, the game doesn't make an attempt to communicate that to me.

I don't mind learning complicated games, but there's complicated and then there's "well sometimes it works this way and sometimes it doesn't." I don't think any of my frustration is unwarranted in particular when I'm trying to do exactly what I was I told to do in the tutorial.
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Yes, some stations have pads outside - the smaller ones, mostly. Large stations have internal landing pads that you get to via a "mailslot."

The game will show you the landing interface when you get close to the pad. If you're looking at the 3, you're too high. Descend (slowly) and extend your landing gear, and you'll get the landing lineup interface (the "ball").

I figured it had to be that but I was literally nose to nose and nothing auto-engaged like it had in the other situation. Again, I don't mind learning systems but this is something else.

ED! on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0pitiFflidiskf5--1111--04---3c4dv60i022i2f.Iw18WQ==.Aw1iM5tBMpA=?bn=Explorer Wishlist

@Elvenshae yeah this be more of my thing as I said, it's down to personal preference.

Over 30LY is a start, I like having a lander to explore planets. Considering all the cool alien stuff.

Edit: Yeah maybe drop the shield booster as well to drop below 100% power.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

Intuitively, a person would try and land exactly where they are being guided to land. The big yellow 3 is exactly as it is in previous landing attempts, so of course I'm going to try and land there. If I'm supposed to find the blue "entrance here" opening like the other landing attempts, the game doesn't make an attempt to communicate that to me.

I don't mind learning complicated games, but there's complicated and then there's "well sometimes it works this way and sometimes it doesn't." I don't think any of my frustration is unwarranted in particular when I'm trying to do exactly what I was I told to do in the tutorial.

That definately the right landing pad, you have to be facing the proper way (which can be hard to tell on the stations that are like this. usually on the pad you will see a ramp at one end. You want that ramp behind your ship. When you get close you should get the landing HUD popping up.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options

@ED!

You're in the right spot. You need to go land on that pad like a helicopter, so from where your screenshot is, you need to move forward over the pad, turn right to face the 3, and then descend slowly. At ~30m over the pad, the landing interface will turn on - then just make sure you're centered over the pad (the tone will change and the crosshairs will light up), and descend slowly to contact.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Also a handy tip is that the number for the landing pad is on the side the nose of your ship should be facing.

Also also, for a pittance you can buy an auto-docking module and never have to deal with the headache again.

A tip for anyone wanting to outfit an exploration ship, make sure pretty much everything is D rated except for your FSD.

Oh when you actually do want to outfit a ship with fancy stuff I would skip B rated modules and just save your money for A rated.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Axen wrote: »
    Asp Explorer is generally regarded as the preeminent exploration option. Though the Diamondback Explorer was patched a couple months back and is also a perfectly fine choice too.
    dylman wrote: »
    One of the very best explorers is the Asp Explorer, it's right in your price range and is one of the very best all round ships in the game - I have access to pretty much everything and still regularly fly the Asp, for example.

Okay - how's this look for an Asp Explorer build-out for pure exploration?

https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0pithFflidiskf5--1717--04---054df30i2u2i2f.Iw18WQ==.Aw1iM5tBMpA=?bn=Explorer Wishlist

If you're heading out into the black then you want the biggest fuel scoop you can get - 6A or 6B. Trust me on this. You don't need the extra fuel tank with a big fuel scoop so that's more weight saved. Shields can be a class 3A, they're only there in case you bounce off a planet when trying to land to be honest. Speaking of which, add an SRV.

Bin the weapons and shield booster, they're dead weight. An exploration equipped ship isn't surviving a fight so weapons will just get you killed when you try and use them.

dylman on
  • Options
    https://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/0pitiFflidiskf5--1111--04---3c4dv60i022i2f.Iw18WQ==.Aw1iM5tBMpA=?bn=Explorer Wishlist

@Elvenshae yeah this be more of my thing as I said, it's down to personal preference.

Over 30LY is a start, I like having a lander to explore planets. Considering all the cool alien stuff.

Edit: Yeah maybe drop the shield booster as well to drop below 100% power.

Hah! Going to be a long, long time before I have 28M credits for just the fuel scoop. :D Otherwise, thanks - I'd forgotten about the SRV!

• Options
    @ED!

You're in the right spot. You need to go land on that pad like a helicopter, so from where your screenshot is, you need to move forward over the pad, turn right to face the 3, and then descend slowly. At ~30m over the pad, the landing interface will turn on - then just make sure you're centered over the pad (the tone will change and the crosshairs will light up), and descend slowly to contact.

Yea I got it to finally work. I don't remember Blaine saying anything about the blue thing to your left. What was really confusing was how the hell I would face "away" in space.

• Options
    @ED!

Yea I got it to finally work. I don't remember Blaine saying anything about the blue thing to your left. What was really confusing was how the hell I would face "away" in space.

YAY!

Note that, as @Axen pointed out, you have to be facing the proper direction to land on the pad. If you're facing the right way, you ship will be facing away from you in the landing display, matching the actual orientation of your vessel. If the nose of the ship is pointing towards you, you're backwards - yaw around 180 degrees, and then land.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    There are some free flight suits in the store right now.

If you're on PS4, go to the Frontier store in-game and look at the commander customization tab. Should be a pack of flight suits for 0 frontier points.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Talking about the store the engine detailing is seriously good. Nothing says hyperspace more than neon pink engine trails.

Also a note on frustration for new players, I spent the good part of Sunday teaching 3 people in a wing on PS4 how to play elite. Yes the tutorials aren't the best and landing can be a pain in the ass especially when it's not explained well but stick with it. If your having problems you can always buy a cheap auto-pilot.

Also when landing on planets try to approach from an angle and slow it down. Make the most of glide by not moving too much.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    Yeah I've enjoyed the engine detailing on the Purple Reign a lot. Very thematic

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Talking about the store the engine detailing is seriously good. Nothing says hyperspace more than neon pink engine trails.

Also a note on frustration for new players, I spent the good part of Sunday teaching 3 people in a wing on PS4 how to play elite. Yes the tutorials aren't the best and landing can be a pain in the ass especially when it's not explained well but stick with it. If your having problems you can always buy a cheap auto-pilot.

Also when landing on planets try to approach from an angle and slow it down. Make the most of glide by not moving too much.

Another gotcha on high-G planets for new folks can be that banking or turning your thrusters away from 'down' WILL cause you to start falling. I am horribly impatient landing on planets and this has caused me many problems in the past. If you get into trouble, you can point up and boost and try to save your ship :D

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is there a way to check from the galaxy or system map which commodities are available to buy at a station? I need to buy 6 things of coffee and I can't find it anywhere.

I didn't like this game when I tried it out initially, but I decided to give it another shot on PS4 and it clicked for me. Having a ton of fun being a space-trucker, and hopefully soon to be space-taxi. Picked up a cargo hauler and named her Big Bess. I went with the base game, but I think I might pick up Horizons now. Space-trucker sim is fun, but it isn't scratching that exploration itch. I think tooling around planetside would help with that.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is there a way to check from the galaxy or system map which commodities are available to buy at a station? I need to buy 6 things of coffee and I can't find it anywhere.

I didn't like this game when I tried it out initially, but I decided to give it another shot on PS4 and it clicked for me. Having a ton of fun being a space-trucker, and hopefully soon to be space-taxi. Picked up a cargo hauler and named her Big Bess. I went with the base game, but I think I might pick up Horizons now. Space-trucker sim is fun, but it isn't scratching that exploration itch. I think tooling around planetside would help with that.

Sadly there is not, however Elite: Dangerous Database is a place every Elite fan should get to know.

It has an ever updating list of everything. You can search for specific commodities nearest you and see their buy/sell prices. You can search for a specific ship and find the nearest station that sells it. Find an efficient trade loop for your location and numerous other fine features.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    I've gotten my first engineer unlocked by handing over far more bounty vouchers than I would've liked. And I love multicannons, so I guess I'm going to get along with this guy pretty well.

Slowly getting my Cobra better specced. Really like this ship - feels versatile. I can go out and do some bounty hunting or haul cargo around. Think I'm going to make my next ship a tourism boat.

Powerplay question: I can pledge myself to a power but haven't done so yet. Can I change that around at will? Is there a specific faction that's notably better than another or will cause me notably more grief if I join?

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Ceno wrote: »
    I've gotten my first engineer unlocked by handing over far more bounty vouchers than I would've liked. And I love multicannons, so I guess I'm going to get along with this guy pretty well.

Slowly getting my Cobra better specced. Really like this ship - feels versatile. I can go out and do some bounty hunting or haul cargo around. Think I'm going to make my next ship a tourism boat.

Powerplay question: I can pledge myself to a power but haven't done so yet. Can I change that around at will? Is there a specific faction that's notably better than another or will cause me notably more grief if I join?

You can pledge at will. Unpledging is at will, but going straight from one power to another causes NPCs from the old power to occasionally attack you for a week or something. There is also a cooldown so you can't jump between powers every 2 minutes.

Basically, if you pledge to any Imperial faction or Grom I will find you and shoot you :) (not kidding, I shoot any Imps or Grom CMDRs on sight - cause they are essentially enemies of the Archon).

But no, not really. If you do it for RP reasons, I can't really help you. If you want modules, prismatic shields can be nice (for trading ships mostly - they are very heavy and expensive and require huge tracks of power). Some of the weapons are nice (APAs, pack hounds, the enforcer). Some PP modules are utter shit (cyroscrambler from the pirate lord, mining lasers).

If you are planning to use PP to increase your normal activities, find one that has a bonus for something you already do. Mahon increases trade profits in his space for example. Delaine reduces/eliminates fines/bounties for pledges in his space, and so on.

Bigity on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Still playing solo, have my Cobra MK III as my primary but looking at a pure fighter cause I have been enjoying chilling at Nav points and playing space cop. Viper MKIV ok or should I save a couple mil and get something fancier?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    LodbrokLodbrok Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »

You can pledge at will. Unpledging is at will, but going straight from one power to another causes NPCs from the old power to occasionally attack you for a week or something. There is also a cooldown so you can't jump between powers every 2 minutes.

Basically, if you pledge to any Imperial faction or Grom I will find you and shoot you :) (not kidding, I shoot any Imps or Grom CMDRs on sight - cause they are essentially enemies of the Archon).

But no, not really. If you do it for RP reasons, I can't really help you. If you want modules, prismatic shields can be nice (for trading ships mostly - they are very heavy and expensive and require huge tracks of power). Some of the weapons are nice (APAs, pack hounds, the enforcer). Some PP modules are utter shit (cyroscrambler from the pirate lord, mining lasers).

If you are planning to use PP to increase your normal activities, find one that has a bonus for something you already do. Mahon increases trade profits in his space for example. Delaine reduces/eliminates fines/bounties for pledges in his space, and so on.

Just a slight addendum; the mining lance (Zermina Torvald pp weapon), has a very specific place if you like mining. It has a far superior range to the normal mining laser, and is very useful when prospecting. If player trading of modules was a thing, I'd happily pay 100 million for one, but I refuse to support the slaver lady for role-play reasons.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Still playing solo, have my Cobra MK III as my primary but looking at a pure fighter cause I have been enjoying chilling at Nav points and playing space cop. Viper MKIV ok or should I save a couple mil and get something fancier?

The cobra is good because it's good all round. If you really dig combat and bounties save for a vulture, it's about 4 mill to buy and to upgrade will cost more but it handles so well and with a decent power plant it rocks size 3 hardpoints..

If you want to make money trading or passenger missions are lucrative which you can do cheaply in a type 6.

Edit:
    Anaconda and Python raider kits up. Goddam you frontier

https://www.frontierstore.net/eur/game-extras/elite-dangerous-game-extras/anaconda-raider-pack.html

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    So...if anybody was wondering about the console versions of Elite and the graphical sacrifices made, Digital Foundry put together a comparison video showing off PS4, PS4Pro (both in Performance and Quality modes), and XBone. They do make a reference to the PC version, but mostly as a means to base the console comparisons against. Video behind the spoiler tag

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I will say from my end to compare to the PC/PS4.

Loading time is longer and frame rate drops on the PS4 is the biggest issue. By no means unplayable just not as fluid.

Combat on the PS4 can be a bit of a mess when there is a lot going on screen.

I am glad though it's on PS4 finally and people who only have that console can now appreciate elite for themselves.

• Options
    So how do you find bounties? I took a "kill so and so. . ." mission, but when I showed up it was just like lousy with System Defense Force and telling who from who meant going into the targeting section and finding someone to shoot at? I guess there's a civil war going on so I'm being tasked to kill people I've been doing business with? Is there no way to just go out and find bad guys other than the Assissinate Missions (with small windows of opportunity) or these Get Involved In The Civil War Missions? I swear I saw a screenshot with someone at like a police station going over marks.

• Options
    So how do you find bounties? I took a "kill so and so. . ." mission, but when I showed up it was just like lousy with System Defense Force and telling who from who meant going into the targeting section and finding someone to shoot at? I guess there's a civil war going on so I'm being tasked to kill people I've been doing business with? Is there no way to just go out and find bad guys other than the Assissinate Missions (with small windows of opportunity) or these Get Involved In The Civil War Missions? I swear I saw a screenshot with someone at like a police station going over marks.

@ED!

There's a couple different types of those missions.

First are "Collect Bounties" missions. To collect bounties, you need to find "wanted" opponents (their nameplates will say "WANTED" in red after you scan them). The easiest place to find them is in a Resource Extraction Site (RES), which is where NPC miners come to extract minerals from planetary rings. When you get close to a ringed planet (1k lightseconds?), any RESes in the rings will show up on your nav panel. RESes come in three (?) flavors: low, high, and hazardous. In low and high RESes, there'll be NPC space cops flying around, too, who will automatically engage any wanted targets; note that this will include you if you pick up a bounty by, for instance, accidentally winging someone who is innocent or whom you have not personally verified as wanted with 1 lousy multicannon round. It doesn't matter if four cop ships are shooting a guy and you've been helping them out for an hour, if you don't scan him before attacking, the cops will turn on you and kill you.

The main difference between low RESes and high RESes is the caliber of enemy. In hazardous RESes, it's a total free-for-all - there are no cops there to help you.

Note that you can collect bounties without a specific mission to do so (in fact this is an easy way to make early-game money), and as long as you've shot a target recently you don't even need to get in the killing blow to collect the bounty. A Kill Warrant Scanner is an optional piece of equipment that will let you get more than one bounty from a single target, though you might need to travel a bit to turn it in.

Then, there are "Combat Bond" missions (usually termed something like "Massacre the forces of [X faction]." Those show up when a civil war is on, and require you to travel to a low-intensity or high-intensity conflict zone. Here, again, there are no cops, and you need to pick a side using the last tab of your right-hand control panel. This is, until you know what you're doing, a very good way to get killed, as once you declare for a faction in a particular conflict zone, every other faction will immediately treat you as an enemy. Otherwise, it works much like a RES, minus disinterested civilian miners and helpful cops, plus faction-mate wingmen.

Last are "Assassinate So-and-so" missions. In these missions, you need to travel to a particular location and find someone, and then either follow them around until they drop out of supercruise or use a Frame Shift Interdictor to pull them out of supercruise. Then, you blow up their ship (hopefully) for fat stacks of cash. For these, you should definitely have a decently-upgraded combat ship, as you won't know whether your target is tootling along in a Sidewinder or a Vulture until you get there.

• Options

@ED!

*SNIP*

Note that you can collect bounties without a specific mission to do so (in fact this is an easy way to make early-game money), and as long as you've shot a target recently you don't even need to get in the killing blow to collect the bounty. A Kill Warrant Scanner is an optional piece of equipment that will let you get more than one bounty from a single target, though you might need to travel a bit to turn it in.

*SNIP*

Something you absolutely should know about the KWS: it functions like a weapon, so you need to have it assigned to a weapon firing group. This usually entails setting up a second weapon group, separate from your primary offensive weapons. BE CAREFUL when swapping between the two. Every single bounty that I've gotten placed on my head is because I forgot to swap weapon groups to enable my KWS and I end up shooting at the obvious target (but before I've had a chance to gather even the basic info scan to get the "Wanted" tag assigned to them.) instead of running the warrant scanner on them.

I absolutely hate it when this happens, because it means I now have to leave the system for 30 days and find a new RES to loiter in.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    KWS is a must for bounty hunting as it will be more lucrative in the long run.

If you want find a Res zone anything but hazardous and follow the security forces scanning their targets and shooting down the wanted targets. On larger targets like FDL,Pythons,Clippers and Anacondas at least wait till they are damaged a bit and shields down before taking a dig if your by yourself.

Some finer points: Always make sure your attaking the target and it says quite clearly wanted.

Be aware when targets are in wings, you hit one then the rest will aggro as well.

Handy on big targets you should try targetting a sub-system like power generator, shield generator or FSD. If you take the power generator down from 100% to 0% even a larger target will be dead in the water.

Most important is turn in vouchers often, make a cool Mill or two then headback and claim. Many a greedy pilot has had their hard work dissapear because they didn't head back sooner.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    Oh early-game High RES...how I've missed you. Spent about an hour at a sparsely populated one last night just before bed: it was slim pickings for the first 30 minutes (mostly Sidewinders and a couple of Eagles)...but the back half hour had Federal Assault Ships, Asps, and Anacondas show up. By the time I left, I had a cool 800k and a new Viper Mk3 that I was able to kit out with C and A-class gear (C for things like thrusters and life support, A for power plant, power distributor, shield generator, and military grade bulkheads). Just wish the station I was at had Class-2 gimballed pulse lasers...the only Class-2 weapon they had were beam lasers (for 500k each) and fixed burst lasers. I went with the bursts.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    So a Vive and a HOTAS have finally made me love this game. After never making more than ~20k by just trading and exploring when I bought it at launch, it's finally immersive enough that I want to play it for a long time.

I was enjoying the trading and flying around enough, but I finally decided to try some bounty hunting. I'm at nav beacon and have taken down a variety of ships in my crappy no-upgrades sidewinder, and I just got an 84k bounty for helping take out an Imperial Cutter.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just completed the Eravate - LHS whatever it is (where the current community goals are) trip in my new Asp Explorer.

I didn't have to stop for gas (at a station!) once, and have 500k credits of exploration data from my 15 jumps out to turn in. (I only fully explored a couple of systems, because I only had an hour or two to play.)

The only issue is that the orbital station with the community goals doesn't have a shipyard, so I can't pay someone to move my combat Viper out here so I can do some bountying. Need to find someone who can quickly

Unlocked a new engineer with the trip, too!

• Options
    Don't do too much of the community goals myself. Think the last was for canon research a month or so back.

My to do list:

Nsu Hsing grind more rep for corvette.
    Grind a couple more 100 millions at Quince.
    Then should be good to join the group here and do some co-op/alien exploring.

• Options
    Slowly getting my Cobra outfitted up with A-grade everything.

Think I'm going to get a Dolphin for my next ship and shuttle some people around for meeeellions of credits.

Still don't know if I should pledge to a power. Worried about turning whole systems hostile to me.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Slowly getting my Cobra outfitted up with A-grade everything.

Think I'm going to get a Dolphin for my next ship and shuttle some people around for meeeellions of credits.

Still don't know if I should pledge to a power. Worried about turning whole systems hostile to me.

It's not that bad, these days. Nothing will change and no NPC will bother you unless you are actively engaging in powerplay activities. You will start on the 4 week loyalty period to get that power's modules, though. So really, you should go ahead and pledge.

This is a good overview- https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/11rGAmoXjc-y3KD8veSqqGveLDEqjBTjzxWVHFw1on2w/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=30000#slide=id.p

I'm getting a PvP itch lately. I'm thinking about joining up with Adle's Armada and giving it a try. Maybe GCI if AA isn't what I'm looking for. I wish things didn't have to be quite so structured but it seems like it's that or go face the gank squads at CGs. And then on the complete other side of the coin Sag. A has started it's siren call. Maybe if the PvP stuff doesn't work out...

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
This discussion has been closed.