As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rat Rod [chat]

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    high-larious road

You laugh, but Larious had a real problem and everyone told him he needed to put down the stuff, man

now all that's left is that memorial road outside of town

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I'm so torn on which wow character to play

I like hunter because 2 pets is fun but rogue's dps is broken beyond reason

Bastion

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    apparently the weather saturday is going to basically be perfect so that's good

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    i also dont get why people hate dane cook so much

Because he's good looking and doesn't do the right kind of comedy for a good looking dude.

Honestly comedy is hella subjective except for Urkel, everyone fucking loves Urkel.

He's not very good looking

This ageism.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Yes top gun is on netflix woo

SIG are you feeling the need...

Why yes good sir, I do feel the need for speed!

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Boondocks is on Netflix. It's eery to watch ~10 years later.

It holds up I think.

Though the final season without the original creator is entirely lackluster.

I like it a bunch! Watching the lemonade episode where the cops shoot at/beat Uncle Ruckus and community is 100% unperturbed. Still rings true.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    guys, I ran out of food money, what's a good way to cook your shoes into being edible?

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I think i'll end up buying a cheap drawing tablet after all.

I mean...... i probs shouldn't since I highly doubt it'll help me improve but.............. i have nothing to say.

Please draw on paper instead. There is really no point other than to try filling a void in your heart that electronics can never fill.

Huh? Drawing tablet is commonly used by the bros in artist's corners. Go for it 21st.

I'm not saying never buy a tablet. I'm saying that it makes no sense to buy one while trying to learn to draw. The foundational work: basic motor control exercises, quick sketching, learning to live with mistakes, learning anatomy, that all works best on paper.

I'll admit that this is just my personal ethos, but buying stuff for a hobby feels good in your brain the same way that becoming accomplished does. And that's a problem. I don't think you should allow yourself to fall into that trap because you get a little burst of feel good now, but you haven't actually put in any work or pushed yourself to improve. So a month from now you're back where you started, only you wasted a bit of money and you feel bad when you look at the thing you bought and never used. It's self destructive.

Always buy the minimum supplies for a hobby and then upgrade as a treat to yourself when it's actually necessary. That way it feels doubly good, you have something to look forward to, and you avoid the mental trap of buying = accomplishment.

Meh, he does enough art on the computer that a tablet is probably just wayyyy ergonomically nicer. I get what you mean (sometimes, having bought the materials for the project, I then never do the project because buying stuff was fulfilling), but I think in this situation it's legit, because he shouldn't have to wrestle with mouse control in order to work. And he's going to do work digitally, so what he has to sketch and scan shit? No way; that's such a pain!

I didn't get the impression that the tablet was for pixel art. But if it is and the mouse has been getting in the way, then fair enough. But for trying to improve line art? Probs not a good idea.

I think 21st should ask in AC. If he can work on fundamentals with the tablet I don't see the problem.

i mean, there's two things that stick out to me.

A) I won't improve my line art faster or better with a tablet than paper (Point: Paper)
    B) Tablets require getting used to looking at a screen and drawing elsewhere. if i want to draw digitally a lot, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get started on the tablet (Point: Tablet)

And i have friends telling me both "Get a tablet, it'll be good!" and "Fuck tablets, Paper forever."

i think ultimately, the real question is "Will i use the tablet more than i'd use paper?", and I can't answer that, it's entirely dependent on whether or not it really is less frustrating to me to draw on a tablet and i can't know before trying.

then it sounds like the deciding factor should be the cost

if the tablet is in a price range appropriate to entertainment or trivial expenses then go for it. If it doesn't work out then no biggie.

if the cost is enough to be significant to your budget then hold off until you are sure it's worth it.

it's trivial for someone wealthy such as me.

nothing is trivial if it means dipping into savings

how much is it compared to your actual income?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm so torn on which wow character to play

I like hunter because 2 pets is fun but rogue's dps is broken beyond reason

I went paladin because F yeah Ashbringer. Plus I like the paladin lore in WoW.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    guys, I ran out of food money, what's a good way to cook your shoes into being edible?

I'm sure you can find some good sole food recipes

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    A gay marriage/transgender bathroom argument is happening in the office

*considers jumping in*

*hides under desk instead*

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    but you will carry the shame forever so there's that @MrMister

*vomits*

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    edit: good idea. poor execution. removed.

i'm hiding in the comments section but this looks like a proper fright

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular

uh, i thought you had enough money saved up to consider quitting work for a year?

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »

*considers jumping in*

you should just start running back and fourth into both bathrooms yelling ANARACHY HOW WILL WE EVER CONTINUE ON!?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

I mean...... i probs shouldn't since I highly doubt it'll help me improve but.............. i have nothing to say.

I got the yiynova (the good cintiq knockoff that's like 1/4 the price) about two years ago and I can tell you two things.

1) It doesn't help with pixel art, at all (for me)

2) It currently has a little layer of dust on it that its gathered over the last year.

Oh god I'm definitely buying one of those. I cannot get used to the disconnect of not looking at what my hand/fingers are actually doing when I draw.

Pages late, but I had MUCH better control with one where I couldn't see the screen. There's too much of a disparity when you're drawing on glass. It's easier using an intuos and just making sweeping strokes zoomed in far and erase what doesn't work.

Unless you're working on a 24 inch cintiq, in which case yeah, then you're fine. I've got the 10 inch model.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    @ludious i've told daisy not to tear the potty pad up half a dozen times now good luck cleaning it up i'm done

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    fIjwRbl.jpg

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I have a level 100 paladin, mage, hunter, warlock, monk, rogue, shaman, druid, and dh

override367 on
  • Options

*considers jumping in*

jumping out the window would be a safer bet for anyone

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Please draw on paper instead. There is really no point other than to try filling a void in your heart that electronics can never fill.

Huh? Drawing tablet is commonly used by the bros in artist's corners. Go for it 21st.

I'm not saying never buy a tablet. I'm saying that it makes no sense to buy one while trying to learn to draw. The foundational work: basic motor control exercises, quick sketching, learning to live with mistakes, learning anatomy, that all works best on paper.

I'll admit that this is just my personal ethos, but buying stuff for a hobby feels good in your brain the same way that becoming accomplished does. And that's a problem. I don't think you should allow yourself to fall into that trap because you get a little burst of feel good now, but you haven't actually put in any work or pushed yourself to improve. So a month from now you're back where you started, only you wasted a bit of money and you feel bad when you look at the thing you bought and never used. It's self destructive.

Always buy the minimum supplies for a hobby and then upgrade as a treat to yourself when it's actually necessary. That way it feels doubly good, you have something to look forward to, and you avoid the mental trap of buying = accomplishment.

Meh, he does enough art on the computer that a tablet is probably just wayyyy ergonomically nicer. I get what you mean (sometimes, having bought the materials for the project, I then never do the project because buying stuff was fulfilling), but I think in this situation it's legit, because he shouldn't have to wrestle with mouse control in order to work. And he's going to do work digitally, so what he has to sketch and scan shit? No way; that's such a pain!

I didn't get the impression that the tablet was for pixel art. But if it is and the mouse has been getting in the way, then fair enough. But for trying to improve line art? Probs not a good idea.

I think 21st should ask in AC. If he can work on fundamentals with the tablet I don't see the problem.

i mean, there's two things that stick out to me.

A) I won't improve my line art faster or better with a tablet than paper (Point: Paper)
    B) Tablets require getting used to looking at a screen and drawing elsewhere. if i want to draw digitally a lot, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get started on the tablet (Point: Tablet)

And i have friends telling me both "Get a tablet, it'll be good!" and "Fuck tablets, Paper forever."

i think ultimately, the real question is "Will i use the tablet more than i'd use paper?", and I can't answer that, it's entirely dependent on whether or not it really is less frustrating to me to draw on a tablet and i can't know before trying.

then it sounds like the deciding factor should be the cost

if the tablet is in a price range appropriate to entertainment or trivial expenses then go for it. If it doesn't work out then no biggie.

if the cost is enough to be significant to your budget then hold off until you are sure it's worth it.

it's trivial for someone wealthy such as me.

nothing is trivial if it means dipping into savings

how much is it compared to your actual income?

I mean, i can get a decent tablet for under $50, according to my friend, if i'm willing to go secondhand.

That's very affordable.

• Options
    ChelleYeah wrote: »

uh, i thought you had enough money saved up to consider quitting work for a year?

i recently learned that pixel money is not legal tender in Canada.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

I got the yiynova (the good cintiq knockoff that's like 1/4 the price) about two years ago and I can tell you two things.

2) It currently has a little layer of dust on it that its gathered over the last year.

Oh god I'm definitely buying one of those. I cannot get used to the disconnect of not looking at what my hand/fingers are actually doing when I draw.

Pages late, but I had MUCH better control with one where I couldn't see the screen. There's too much of a disparity when you're drawing on glass. It's easier using an intuos and just making sweeping strokes zoomed in far and erase what doesn't work.

Unless you're working on a 24 inch cintiq, in which case yeah, then you're fine. I've got the 10 inch model.

oh, so the yiynova's aren't as seamless as the cintiq's?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options

*considers jumping in*

I have the best opinion on the transgender bathroom debate:

Given the toxicity of my poops, everyone should be required to suffer so gendered bathrooms must be made illegal. If necessary I can rotate which bathroom I use until each of them is equally offensive.

This is the true equality.

However, society will benefit because people will be far too busy plotting my demise to worry about who is or is not transgender and which bathroom they happen to be using. Their sole concern will be trying to figure out which one I am using so they can obtain maximum distance. I mean, they will try. There is no safe distance though.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    creeping like a COMMUNIST it slithers up our shores
    turning all our children into HOOLIGANS and WHORES

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

*considers jumping in*

ask them how they feel about the transgender bathroom that's in their own home

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    "without a sign, legally any bathroom becomes transgender, even the ones in your own home"

get them to waste money on a bathroom sign

become a master troll

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Just found out today that I am in a class that I am not supposed to be in/don't need because I am also in the correct class which is a this-or-this requirement.

Also yesterday was the last day to drop classes without a W and obtain a refund so THAT'S GREAT.

@Organichu
    Share my pain, school is hell dude

• Options
    I THINK I HAVE COME TO A DECISIONS TABLET-WISE.

i will wait and get one for Christmas, as a gift to myself.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    "without a sign, legally any bathroom becomes transgender, even the ones in your own home"

get them to waste money on a bathroom sign

become a master troll

It's not necessary I can visit their bathroom at home and render unto it the true equality

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    bowen wrote: »

*considers jumping in*

ask them how they feel about the transgender bathroom that's in their own home
    And then you find out that your coworkers are the type of awful rich people to not only have multiple bathrooms, but have them segregated. By Gender. Yes, by Gender. Erm.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I THINK I HAVE COME TO A DECISIONS TABLET-WISE.

i will wait and get one for Christmas, as a gift to myself.

iirc you asked Geth last night

if you cross Geth... who's to say what might happen

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Honestly women should remain in their own filthy bathrooms. FILTHY! Leave the man's smoking lounge to itself.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    my schlubby sneakers are falling apart
    *dies, shoeless*

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I was in New Hampshire and a crotchety old man was waiting in line to pee. There were two bathrooms, both single occupant, one men's and one women's. The women's room was empty. He said these actual words:

"Fuck this why are these even gendered?"
    *walks into ladies room*

I dropped my chalk and signed up for the libertarian party right away.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly women should remain in their own filthy bathrooms. FILTHY! Leave the man's smoking lounge to itself.

I thought piss on the seat or a shit just casually chilling was bad until I had to clean the women's bathroom at bk

fucking biohazard

I refused to do it

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

oh, so the yiynova's aren't as seamless as the cintiq's?

I got the second gen ones that had the updated Wacom drivers and were getting awesome reviews. I mean they work, don't get me wrong. I can indeed draw on them, but I'd have an easier time drawing on a microsoft surface.

It just wasn't something I was any good at. I could do better work with my 512 pressure sensitivity pad than my 2048 screen.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I wonder who has more money, me or 21st or Scrooge McDuck

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It amazes me how much stuff is already written about WoW:Legion. It is like a machine.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »
    It amazes me how much stuff is already written about WoW:Legion. It is like a machine.

Technically multiple machines in a hive mind

This discussion has been closed.