Options

Eldad Hagar Appreciation [chat]

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I bought a new bumper for the car and it came painted in a gray primer.

I cleaned and overpainted with a transparent primer. Then painted it with a glossy black color I knew was compatible with the transparent primer.

6 cans later it looked very glossy and black initially and I put in a room temperature trailer to harden overnight, as I closed the door of the trailer I saw one edge of the thing looking a bit weird. And this morning I have a matte white/grey looking bumper. I do not understand what the fuck?

Since there was only one pigment involved it must be the factory grey primer fucking this up, but somehow it looked perfectly normal during the hour of painting and also some time afterwards and then only after that did it rise to the surface?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    It feels so good to play Path of Exile again. Team shooter games can go to hell.

who hurt you, SOTAR

Overwatch and competitive mode breaks that send me back into Quick Play hell. Also the realization that Overwatch is not Team Fortress 3.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

I cleaned and overpainted with a transparent primer. Then painted it with a glossy black color I knew was compatible with the transparent primer.

6 cans later it looked very glossy and black initially and I put in a room temperature trailer to harden overnight, as I closed the door of the trailer I saw one edge of the thing looking a bit weird. And this morning I have a matte white/grey looking bumper. I do not understand what the fuck?

Since there was only one pigment involved it must be the factory grey primer fucking this up, but somehow it looked perfectly normal during the hour of painting and also some time afterwards and then only after that did it rise to the surface?

https://youtu.be/1uby6jFCDjE

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

How long does the primer need to cure?

Sometimes they need 24 hours to degas before it'll take a colour coat

• Options
    japan wrote: »

How long does the primer need to cure?

Sometimes they need 24 hours to degas before it'll take a colour coat

It said 2 hours, which we gave it. Maybe should have waited longer due to the weather and temperature..

• Options
    I'm finding some stuff about stuff crystallizing on the surface when it's cold and humid that says to try a heat gun.

Might as well try I guess.

Would have used it more during painting but at one point a pine leaf* went through it and shot on-fire through the acetone-paint aerosol spray cone. Seemed a bit too hazardous at that point to keep heating the stuff.

*Using leaf only because I literally cannot find what it's called in english.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I'm finding some stuff about stuff crystallizing on the surface when it's cold and humid that says to try a heat gun.

Would have used it more during painting but at one point a pine leaf* went through it and shot on-fire through the acetone-paint aerosol spray cone. Seemed a bit too hazardous at that point to keep heating the stuff.

Needles.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Ugh leaving your apartment is so hard

First you have to find your keys, then you have to find your wallet, then you have to post on the forums about how hard leaving your apartment is...

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

First you have to find your keys, then you have to find your wallet, then you have to post on the forums about how hard leaving your apartment is...

And then you talk about finding your keys and talk about finding your wallet and talk about posting on the forums about how hard leaving your apartment is and then talk about talking about finding your keys...

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

What's so great about the world anyway?

It should come into your apartment.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

And what's up with this "putting on pants" crap?

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

And what's up with this "putting on pants" crap?

Harry Potter's got it right with their robe malarkey

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Who's up for a modern King Arthur inspired police procedural and a sexy female take on Oliver Twist?
    NBC and Fox, respectively.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Who's up for a modern King Arthur inspired police procedural and a sexy female take on Oliver Twist?
    NBC and Fox, respectively.

well sexy females are always trending

and then:

1469423599-427.png

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I don't wanna get outta bed.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man I still cant get over how bad DICE fucked this up, HOW do you have client side dynamic weather.

http://gfycat.com/CooperativeWigglyAmericanblackvulture

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Man I still cant get over how bad DICE fucked this up, HOW do you have client side dynamic weather.

It's technically clientside, but clients are synced with each other. I believe this is also how BF4 weather worked. That video is the result of a beta bug.

• Options

Zephiran wrote: »

Such a rad game.

Man I really wish we could get rad small teams making 16 bit era games on the consoles. There are enough industry vets still in the biz whom I bet would love to do that, but I bet the numbers just dont work out.

• Options
    Also in the last 3 days Ive had maybe 13 hours sleep total and havent eaten a not fast food/prepackages meal.

My body is seriously breaking down.

Moving is shit.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Wheee bike racing

Jp1ZlTCh.jpg

• Options

"Client-side weather" are words that mean absolutely nothing one way or the other.

As mentioned, synchronization bug.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    wANwPNU.png

@Jacobkosh

Is it just me or does the second top on the left look like something a costume designer would reject for a science fiction film as being too on the nose?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2016
    $500 range seems pretty fucking high for those coats.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Camelot is about “an ancient magic” that “reawakens in modern-day Manhattan,” and it centers around a “graffiti artist named Art,” his best friend Lance, and “an idealistic cop” named Gwen who must all work together to “fight back against the evil forces that threaten the city.”

Jesus Christ this sounds piss poor. Who knows, though?

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Camelot is about “an ancient magic” that “reawakens in modern-day Manhattan,” and it centers around a “graffiti artist named Art,” his best friend Lance, and “an idealistic cop” named Gwen who must all work together to “fight back against the evil forces that threaten the city.”

Let me bring you this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5542294/plotsummary

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Three more hours I'll never make it

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    36.5 hours

I've worked damn near a full work week, in three nights

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I don't wanna get outta bed.

update: I got out of bed. It was awful

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Let me bring you this:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

pine needle

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Let me bring you this:

Woo, normalizing the privatization of public services!

• Options

Let me bring you this:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

It has a trailer.

https://youtu.be/bsbVnrOkcr8

• Options
    oh god

Two news headlines combined in my head and I recoiled.

The first one was about USA signing the climate thingie.

The other was about sexual harassment.

Combined thought in my mind: "Sexual harassment goals: 50% of sex offenders should be female by 2020"

Someone get The Onion on the phone!

• Options

Let me bring you this:

Woo, normalizing the privatization of public services!

https://youtu.be/QvmFhcGCRzA

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The new Deus Ex game has instilled some renewed hatred for politicians in me.

A second playthrough is going to be interesting in how it affects the calculus of who gets shot in the face.

For me it's gonna be like Oprah, but with bullets.

"You get a bullet, you get a bullet, everybody gets a bullet!"

Via my gun.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I'm still tired but I'm awake now so maybe I'll just get up and buy breakfast and then play Deus Ex for the next 14 hours straight. Okay I'll do that.

• Options
    I think I'll write a book titled "Alien Abduction: A True Story".

The twist? You find out in the final chapter it's really been about a bunch of the protagonist's friends from Mexico kidnapping him and bringing him to Tijuana for his bachelor party. Also, it isn't a true story.

• Options
    Nobody is awake.

This discussion has been closed.