As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[No Man's Sky] this is now the old thread!

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    The underwater stuff looks really cool and I am glad they are fleshing it out more. Still no update or changes to make the Zoology trophy easier to obtain means this stays on the back burner for me. I just need that last trophy for the platinum but I am not wasting my time on it yet.

There was a post on reddit recently with portal coords to 10 planets where everything's been found. You don't have to scan everything yourself, you can just pop the reward once you've "discovered" the planet.

If, you know, you just wanna get that trophy ez-mode in protest.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    furlion wrote: »
    The underwater stuff looks really cool and I am glad they are fleshing it out more. Still no update or changes to make the Zoology trophy easier to obtain means this stays on the back burner for me. I just need that last trophy for the platinum but I am not wasting my time on it yet.

There was a post on reddit recently with portal coords to 10 planets where everything's been found. You don't have to scan everything yourself, you can just pop the reward once you've "discovered" the planet.

If, you know, you just wanna get that trophy ez-mode in protest.

Awesome. They had one like that before the Next patch but then it no longer worked. I will need to finish getting all the glyphs but then I will be good to go. Thanks for the heads up.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I had built a base on a paradise planet with floating islands and had a bridge connecting two of them and what-not. Had a friend helping me out, I know for sure I uploaded it and everything.

I decided to fire the game up and work on the base some more. I teleport to my base computer and there's nothing there other than the base computer!

I ask my friend to hop on and in his game it's there, but when I load into his game, it disappears!

Then I try to start building the bridge again and it bugs out and I can't access my build menu option, with controller OR keyboard.

I quit the game in disgust and now my friend messaged me to tell me the base computer just vanished.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Trailer for the next update got leaked, it's unlisted but on the Hello Games account:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoBOFTi-zAk

Focusing on adding variety to planets and biomes.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Jeez, they've really been cranking cool shit out lately.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Sweet looking new land vehicle at the end of that trailer.

Man, way to go Hello Games! Keep cranking out those updates :^:

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    "We meant to just fix a few things and we just sorta kinda happened to remake the game. Again."

:biggrin:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Sweet looking new land vehicle at the end of that trailer.

Man, way to go Hello Games! Keep cranking out those updates :^:

The bike came out a couple of updates ago, actually.

• Options
    Adjusted the behaviour of wanted level timers, so that the wanted level decays as the timer does.

Yo I hope that means when the timer hits zero so does the wanted level!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Not every planet needs those asshole robot sentinel things. That's my #1 wishlist item. Less sentinel presence.

• Options
    Still nothing about making it easier to find animals in planets. It looks like a really cool update otherwise, lots of atmospheric and interesting additions. Most of them seem money related which is not something I have to worry about in my game though. Glad they added some alternatives to plant farms though. Really push you to get out and explore.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Hah! Sentient Minerals. :D
    image19-opt.gif

• Options
    Sean Murray, you fucking tease!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Isn't it... already online?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Isn't it... already online?

Yes, but this first update seems focused around changing how players are able to connect/interact on a larger scale.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    After the complete cluster fuck of launch, I'm really pleased that they're making the game into what it should have been, for free. It's going a long way to winning me back over.

It does really seem at this point like a small new studio bit off more than they could chew and got caught up in their own hype train.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I have nothing but great things to say about Hello Games and NMS after that NEXT update.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah I just wish I hadn't burned out on the game super hard before the NEXT update. It's very similar to Starbound. I burned myself out on the alpha and just couldn't seem to work up the energy to play it when it finally released.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I did not buy NMS until the NEXT update was out. And I find it to be a delightful game.

Looking forward to the rest of their roadmap. The multiplayer isn't a huge draw for me, simply because none of my friends play. I'm the only one who was willing to give them a 2nd chance. Everyone else I know still turns their nose up at the game when it comes up.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    It doesn't help that the game is still sixty dollars

• Options
    Docshifty wrote: »

Tends to be $30 whenever a big update comes out.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Docshifty wrote: »

Tends to be $30 whenever a big update comes out.

Also, being real, I’m okay with a game never dropping from full price except for the occasional sale if it’s being supported this heavily

Like they gotta keep the lights on somehow, and microtransactions would be a worse look

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Whatever it is they're doing seems to be working for them because I still have no idea how they've been able to work on the game for three years while releasing all of their content as free updates and still manage to stay in business. I really don't think.... Joe Danger... and Joe Danger 2 have been flagship revenue generators.

Edit: But if SteamSpy and that shifty-assed SuperData are to be trusted, NMS has easily made at least $60m in sales since 2016(including $24m in sales with the release of NEXT). They're probably doing perfectly fine.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Whatever it is they're doing seems to be working for them because I still have no idea how they've been able to work on the game for three years while releasing all of their content as free updates and still manage to stay in business. I really don't think.... Joe Danger... and Joe Danger 2 have been flagship revenue generators.

They're a pretty small team and NMS had a marketing push from Sony behind it, so it likely sold pretty well. Additionally, they likely got an influx of cash from putting the game out on Xbox last year.

• Options
    You missed the edits. Yes. They're doing okay.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    And now for something completely different

• Options
    And now for something completely different

FUCK YES

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Yeah this game seems damn near perfect for that. Pretty interested to see what else they have in store as the next update really brought me back to the game in a big way.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Fuck yes VR! I was beginning to give up hope on that rumor after a full year with nothing going on.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Considering how much time is spent jumping/flying around?

*builds vomit bucket harness*

:P

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    This game has become quite the redemption story. I'll never forget how they marketed and launched the game, but I'll be damned if I don't give them credit for making good on their promise to fix and improve it.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Grabbed this from the Steam Sale and mainly because i look forward to playing it in VR.

Spent a few hours on it and I I don't have nearly enough inventory space and can't make containers or any inventory upgrades.

But it's also really fun!

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Have you found where to upgrade your suit yet?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »

I just made my first storage container. I had no idea I could upgrade my suit.

For reference on where I'm at in the game, I've got a guy on my construction(?) station telling me to kill a Sentinel so I can make a weapon station. I've got a tech guy whose brain core just got wiped and I guess I'm supposed to visit a thing to get more understanding about that. And the main quest is wanting me to get a bunch of microchips (copper is the worst thing to try and find right now) so I can make a hyperspace module for the ship.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Krieghund wrote: »

I just made my first storage container. I had no idea I could upgrade my suit.

For reference on where I'm at in the game, I've got a guy on my construction(?) station telling me to kill a Sentinel so I can make a weapon station. I've got a tech guy whose brain core just got wiped and I guess I'm supposed to visit a thing to get more understanding about that. And the main quest is wanting me to get a bunch of microchips (copper is the worst thing to try and find right now) so I can make a hyperspace module for the ship.

There are two ways to upgrade your inventory, via a vendor in the system's space station that will sell you a slot once per system, or finding upgrade pods out on the planets and putting materials into it. Note that the vendor's price goes up the more upgrades you have already so after a certain point it becomes way more cost effective to keep the materials on-hand to farm out the pods. (the materials required don't change)

The only way to increase ship capacity is to get a new ship.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    If your ship is space worthy, next time you go up, explore the space station. Lots of neat things to find up there.