As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tokyo Game Show 2016 starring The Last Guardian

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Just weird that it's supposedly only six months away and that's the most gameplay we've seen from it

There wasn't even much there
    I'm fine with them pulling a Fallout 4. There's no reason to show a whole ton of gameplay way in advance when it's a pre-existing huge franchise like Mass Effect.

Fallout 4 had a big gameplay blowout at e3

EA had a big livestream event for revealing Battlefield, a series with a way less fervent fanbase than Mass Effect

All they have to do is set a date for a stream and everyone that needs to know will know

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    look i'm not going to lie

In that last clip, I was pretty fucking jazzed for what looked like a video game based on full house

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ha, I see those two Move controllers...

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Just weird that it's supposedly only six months away and that's the most gameplay we've seen from it

I'm fine with them pulling a Fallout 4. There's no reason to show a whole ton of gameplay way in advance when it's a pre-existing huge franchise like Mass Effect.

EA had a big livestream event for revealing Battlefield, a series with a way less fervent fanbase than Mass Effect

All they have to do is set a date for a stream and everyone that needs to know will know

Battlefield sells way better than mass effect

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Honestly, the biggest takeaway there was "Horizon is gonna be rad"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Well yeah

PSVR uses them

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Yes, that is why he said "way less fervent fanbase" rather than "way worse selling".

Mass Effect has one of the most devoted fanbases in games

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Well yeah

PSVR uses them

Something has to...

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Makes sense, actually. Tighter pixel density will mask a lot of imperfections, helps sell the tech.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Yes, that is why he said "way less fervent fanbase" rather than "way worse selling".

So does Battlefield

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    I was only half listening, my main take-away was 4K 4K 4k, and $399. Did they mention anything about improved 1080 effects, framerate, etc?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options

So does Battlefield
    Battlefield definitely has a bunch of fans but I've never seen anything close to the level of "rabid fans" that Mass Effect 3 launched out of that franchise

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I want to take a literal bite out of the PS4 Pro

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I kinda wish it wasn't a crapshoot as to when retailers put new consoles up for preorder

• Options

So does Battlefield
    Battlefield definitely has a bunch of fans but I've never seen anything close to the level of "rabid fans" that Mass Effect 3 launched out of that franchise

It never pissed off its fans that badly? Is that what you're saying?

• Options

So does Battlefield

I mean

the fact that that many people got that pissed off shows how much people love the series?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Vinny and Alex trying to Facetime the Pro is pretty great.

Edit: Oh my god he's trying to sneak into the frame of this Livecast

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    For a brief moment, I thought the Days Gone protag was the guy from Ride to Hell: Retribution and was really excited for a new Ride to Hell as a 4K flagship title.

Why would you

• Options

So does Battlefield

BF4 at launch?

• Options
    Remember when pachter predicted wii hd and now we have ps4k and xbox 4k

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The Youtube version of the ME demo says another trailer and the "opening of the doors to the next chapter of the Mass Effect universe" is coming November 7th.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    There is so much tension on the GB stream now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    For a brief moment, I thought the Days Gone protag was the guy from Ride to Hell: Retribution and was really excited for a new Ride to Hell as a 4K flagship title.

Why would you

Because having a piece of shit trashfire game (not being hyperbolic on this one) that ran like shit on 1080p be a big early 4K title would be hilarious.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Vinny is a hero

• Options
    They keep trying to make n7 happen

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    They keep trying to make n7 happen

Who is saying it hasn't?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Well if I can convince all my loved ones to go in on a Christmas present for me, I could probably get a PS4 Pro this year, but I'm not on fire or anything like that.

I'll need to see a game that I play all the time get a big Pro update to really get me stoked.

• Options
    I could get a 1070 for my PC for the same price

I'm just gonna do that

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    My birthday is Halloween so the PS4 Pro is a perfect use for my birthday money

and I'm seeing 4k TVs bigger than my TV for like 450 on Amazon

hrmmmmm

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

It's kinda crazy how little time they're spending pushing this. Remember when the VR block during their E3 conference ended unceremoniously and nobody could tell they moved on?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Seems like a straight shot in the foot if that is correct, that's one of the main things that would push me into a console to go alongside my PC.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

wait doesn't the xbox one s already support 4k bluray?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

wait doesn't the xbox one s already support 4k bluray?

yup

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Divisions other than Playstation at Sony gotta make money somehow

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    That didn't stop them putting a BluRay player in the PS3 or a DVD player in the PS2.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    That was 10 years ago, when people still bought stuff like blu-ray discs

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
  • Options
    I still buy Blu-Ray discs because my internet is balls. I am not alone by a long stretch.

7qmGNt5.png