Options

[TV]BINGPOT!

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    You guys, Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories is so good

There need to be more episodes! I stopped watching so I wouldn't run out!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    supposedly next year

but before that it was going to be this year

so I don't know

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    There's a sequel series in production

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Anyone watch Survivor last night?
    I was kind of surprised they didn't turn on Adam. Frankly, if I knew there was someone out there that could steal any reward I earned I would probably get rid of him. Imagine doing some 2 hour endurance challenge to win an advantage for the next immunity challenge and having him steal it?

Tyler was obnoxious, but really no one trusts him so he wasn't a terribly dangerous player at the moment

Survivor:
    Adam's advantage is pretty much trash as advantages go, but I think his days are probably numbered unless something happens. He doesn't have the trust of probably anybody out there right now. They're just picking off the stragglers of the former Jay alliance right now. I think we're going to see a change up next week, I don't expect to see Jay or Will get a predictable boot.

Survivor!
    Calling that no-win-scenario an "advantage" is one of the cruelest pranks Survivor has ever played. If Adam had a lick of goddamn sense, he'd have it shown to everybody the day he got it and then thrown it in the fucking fire. They might as well have written "Fuck your social game" on the top of that parchment.

But because Adam insists on trying to be sneakier than he's capable of being, he's allowed himself to get forced into a stupid, stupid corner. That his predicament was so completely avoidable, at so many points, makes it a) excruciating to see happen and b) excellent television.

One doesn't often see the "dumb guy edit" and the "villain edit" have a complete, beautiful eclipse, but boy did Taylor deliver. He made Scott's petty bullshit last season look downright Machiavellian. Good riddance, ya numskull. A very satisfying boot, if somewhat compromised by Jeff's increasingly-desperate attempts to tie everygoddamnthing to the season's idiotic theme.

Deeply curious to see who goes home next week. The two biggest targets are Jay and Adam, and both of them have idols. My gut's saying Jessica, just because of that otherwise-random scene with Sunday's (baffling) grudge against her, but it could shake out in a multitude of fascinating ways. The edit is all over the fucking place this season, which I don't mind at all - it isn't the most cohesive narrative, but it's nice to be kept on my toes.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    If the animation in S2 of Korra is bad, does it at least get better in the next two?
    Yeah, S2 was done by another studio

Most of Season 2. There's still Studio Mir parts (AKA, the good parts). Studio Pierrot did the rest.

They're not held in the highest regard, even aside from poor performance on Korra. There's some amazingly... something fight scenes they've done you can find if you google. It's a thing.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Thank god they did not go down the route (Season 1) of Asami Sato
    turning out to be evil.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Thank god they did not go down the route (Season 1) of Asami Sato
    turning out to be evil.

yep
    Having her stand up to her father was a much more interesting path for that character, and it led to some really good stuff further down the line. Especially in season four.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Doug Benson on You're The Worst is a completely unexpected delight

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Anyone watch Survivor last night?
    I was kind of surprised they didn't turn on Adam. Frankly, if I knew there was someone out there that could steal any reward I earned I would probably get rid of him. Imagine doing some 2 hour endurance challenge to win an advantage for the next immunity challenge and having him steal it?

Tyler was obnoxious, but really no one trusts him so he wasn't a terribly dangerous player at the moment

Survivor:
    Adam's advantage is pretty much trash as advantages go, but I think his days are probably numbered unless something happens. He doesn't have the trust of probably anybody out there right now. They're just picking off the stragglers of the former Jay alliance right now. I think we're going to see a change up next week, I don't expect to see Jay or Will get a predictable boot.

Survivor!
    Calling that no-win-scenario an "advantage" is one of the cruelest pranks Survivor has ever played. If Adam had a lick of goddamn sense, he'd have it shown to everybody the day he got it and then thrown it in the fucking fire. They might as well have written "Fuck your social game" on the top of that parchment.

But because Adam insists on trying to be sneakier than he's capable of being, he's allowed himself to get forced into a stupid, stupid corner. That his predicament was so completely avoidable, at so many points, makes it a) excruciating to see happen and b) excellent television.

One doesn't often see the "dumb guy edit" and the "villain edit" have a complete, beautiful eclipse, but boy did Taylor deliver. He made Scott's petty bullshit last season look downright Machiavellian. Good riddance, ya numskull. A very satisfying boot, if somewhat compromised by Jeff's increasingly-desperate attempts to tie everygoddamnthing to the season's idiotic theme.

Deeply curious to see who goes home next week. The two biggest targets are Jay and Adam, and both of them have idols. My gut's saying Jessica, just because of that otherwise-random scene with Sunday's (baffling) grudge against her, but it could shake out in a multitude of fascinating ways. The edit is all over the fucking place this season, which I don't mind at all - it isn't the most cohesive narrative, but it's nice to be kept on my toes.

Survivor!
    Agreed on all counts. Adam's advantage will only possibly be useful if he ends up in a clear alliance, with clear people on the outside looking in, and he can steal a reward from an outsider. Like say if somebody had it and could have stolen Mike Holloway's reward that gave him an advantage in the late game immunity challenge when he was on his run to victory. That's the only way to minimize the bad blood of using it, and even then you're probably losing a jury vote from at least that one person, if you ever had a chance to get it.

Based on the preview, with Will scrambling to out Jay having an idol, I predict next week they set up a vote split to flush Jay's idol, most people expect Will to get idoled out by it, but Sunday finally gets enough people to take out Jessica in a blindside like she wanted to this week. Good move by her to back off when she couldn't get it to happen this time. Which is weird to say because Sunday has looked like a complete FTC goat this whole season up until now, but maybe she's going to start to emerge. I feel like we haven't seen enough in the show to get why Sunday wants Jessica out so badly, but at least one other boot (Lucy) in her exit interviews talked about how Jessica was playing the game super hard pre-swap, so maybe that's where it comes from.

Edgic analysis is going crazy this season, because a couple weeks ago Ken was the favorite to win based on the edit, but he's had now 3 episodes in a row without a confessional, which is probably a death knell for his chances. Weirdly enough David and Adam have to be respected as potential winners right now, but if either one of them wins it's going to be a strange edit, especially Adam because he's gotten so much negative content you just wouldn't expect if he pulled it out.

Hannah had a good episode, but I'm not buying any anxiety ridden girl turns it around story after they duped me with Aubrey's edit last season.

I actually think Chris is in a really good spot right now. He sits back and weirdly considering his size/athleticism has not been targeted yet.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't handle Walking Dead anymore.

At any point in this episode they could've killed Negan and it all would have been over.

This is stupid.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Not really. Negan brought enough guys with him they out numbered the Alexandrians, AND those guys were armed, and the Alexandrians weapons were all stuck in their armory. There's this idea that Negan's people would be running around not knowing what to do if Negan got brained. But that wouldn't happen.

At best, if Rick brained Negan every single person in Alexandria would be mowed down dead. At worst, they'd be forced into straight up slavery by the next guy who stepped up as the leader of the saviors.

The Alexandrians are out numbered and out armed. They are completely helpless to fight.

There's a reason why:
    The next arc involves them teaming up with Hilltop and the Kingdom to fight the Saviors, because it just can't happen without doing so.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    steve stop watching the walking dead

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    You guys, Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories is so good
    Thats what I was sayin!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I am catching up on The Good Place... the end of Episode 3!!!!

You know how on sitcoms, during a big reveal, there are those big gasp and cover thier mouths reaction shots?

That was me.

In RL.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    So I like This is Us, at least in part because it is nothing like anything else I watch on TV; it's like a breather from the superheroes and end of the world-type stuff. There is one thing that's kind of bugging me though, and I know it's dumb, but I can't let go of it.
    Kate is never going to actually lose any weight. It's the character's main goal, and everything about her is ultimately wrapped up in it, but it's never going to happen. Something like that would require the production team and the actress to commit to a character way harder than I'd expect for a piece of fiction.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Vivienne and I have power watched Avatar and Korra in the past month or so.

Korra, I think was a lot more daring in many respects. They had a well-received show, and they pushed themselves in many respects to make something in the same spirit, but very different. But it never really quite clicked.

It wasn't an issue of the characters (I loved Bo-lin and Korra, they were easily my favourites), but the setting, with a city that was somewhat the 1920s, with everything else being in the 17th century. The fact that Avatar showed us the wide-ranging, amazing world and they spend over half the episodes in the middle of a city, which was pretty, by the numbers in my opinion. I mean, it was a bold move to push the world of avatar that far forward, but at the same time, I felt it lost a lot of it's personality with so much of the show being set in republic city. (and we never really saw the fire nation at all!)

The idea of season stories, I didn't particularly like to begin with, but it grew on me (and I kinda dug season 2, and in terms of power rankings is probably goes, 3,2 4/1), but every season we saw, I felt that it was too compressed by maybe 2-3 episodes, (and there were some bad filler episodes).

And my biggest complaint is that Avatar put in so much effort into differentiating the styles of each discipline. And visually it added so much, and for whatever reason in Korra they really shifted away from that and I have no idea why because it made so many of the fights so less distinctive, they may have been more inventive with powers, but I found the styles engrossing.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    I wasn't particularly fond of Paula in the first season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, but she's been the best part of the second season. Especially with Greg gone.

• Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    So I like This is Us, at least in part because it is nothing like anything else I watch on TV; it's like a breather from the superheroes and end of the world-type stuff. There is one thing that's kind of bugging me though, and I know it's dumb, but I can't let go of it.
    Kate is never going to actually lose any weight. It's the character's main goal, and everything about her is ultimately wrapped up in it, but it's never going to happen. Something like that would require the production team and the actress to commit to a character way harder than I'd expect for a piece of fiction.
    I think they are aware of it, and have started steering the narrative towards her being more confident in her body.

I read in an interview that Lates actress had same issues as Kate but she is now more confident of who she is and in her body and how she is far better off for it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they go that route.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I think they are aware of it, and have started steering the narrative towards her being more confident in her body.

I read in an interview that Lates actress had same issues as Kate but she is now more confident of who she is and in her body and how she is far better off for it.

Apparently the actress is trying to do that?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Psykoma wrote: »

Apparently the actress is trying to do that?

oh yea forgot about that, i read some of those parts in her interview regarding Milo and his relationship with everyone. edit:on the show.

Devlin_Dragonus on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm finally watching Happy Endings.

I LOVE this show.

• Options
    Jane and Brad for best TV couple ever.

sig.gif
  • Options
    If only @Keith would have told me to watch it.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    If only @ Keith would have told me to watch it.

Ya , Keith's lack of promoting this show to others is basically why we lost it, why didn't you tell people about this show Keith?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    984582_zpscr0zpsir.gif

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    "If Mary Tyle Moore married and divorced Steve Tyler, then married and divorced Michael Moore, and got into a three-way lesbian marriage with Demi Moore and Mandy Moore, would she go by the name Mary Tyler Moore Tyler Moore Moore Moore?"

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Oh man, being able to watch Happy Endings for the first time

I am hot jelly

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    "If Mary Tyle Moore married and divorced Steve Tyler, then married and divorced Michael Moore, and got into a three-way lesbian marriage with Demi Moore and Mandy Moore, would she go by the name Mary Tyler Moore Tyler Moore Moore Moore?"

So you're saying that if filmmaker Kathryn Bigelow married and divorced former wrestler Bam Bam Bigelow, then married Deuce Bigelow, she'd be known as Kathryn Bigelow-Bigelow-Bigelow Male Gigolo?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Jane and Pooro for best TV couple ever.

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

So you're saying that if filmmaker Kathryn Bigelow married and divorced former wrestler Bam Bam Bigelow, then married Deuce Bigelow, she'd be known as Kathryn Bigelow-Bigelow-Bigelow Male Gigolo?
    If Tuesday Weld married Frederick March's grandson, she'd be Tuesday March the 2nd.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    spent today watching season four of lost again and...I mean, that's a pretty great season of television, even years after I watched it for the first time, knowing everything that happens, I'm still really impressed with how deftly they handle everything. like, removed from the surprise factor of a lot of the twists and reveals, they're still really entertaining, because they're just...crafted incredibly well and most of them are earned because they've invested in their characters

and I'm gonna stop before I go off on another tangent about how few shows actually learned the right lessons from lost (and I'd probably be extra cranky about it because season three of the 100 dropped on netflix recently and I definitely have very pointed things to say on that topic but I'm tired of thinking about that show so)

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jane and Pooro for best TV couple ever.

Pooro, I thought we talked about this.

No.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    spent today watching season four of lost again and...I mean, that's a pretty great season of television, even years after I watched it for the first time, knowing everything that happens, I'm still really impressed with how deftly they handle everything. like, removed from the surprise factor of a lot of the twists and reveals, they're still really entertaining, because they're just...crafted incredibly well and most of them are earned because they've invested in their characters

and I'm gonna stop before I go off on another tangent about how few shows actually learned the right lessons from lost (and I'd probably be extra cranky about it because season three of the 100 dropped on netflix recently and I definitely have very pointed things to say on that topic but I'm tired of thinking about that show so)
    Whenever you're not tired, I look forward to your 50-page dissertation on how bullshit almost the entire season was.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

Season 4 of Lost is one of the best seasons of anything ever.

broken image link
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to rewatch Lost again but god it's just so looooong

How does anyone keep up on several seasons of 22 fourty-four minute long episodes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

I kind of want that tangent. That kind of thing always interests me. I watched and liked Lost, but I didn't go as in depth as some people, so I'm curious what it did especially well.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    The CW announced it's mid-season schedule.

Riverdale will debut on Thursday January 26th @ 9pm.
    iZombie S3 will premiere on Tuesday April 4th @ 8pm, then switching to 9pm all weeks afterwards.
    The 100 S4 will premiere on Wednesday February 1st @ 9pm.
    Reign S4 will premiere on Friday February 10th @ 9pm.
    The Originals S4 will premiere on Friday March 17th @ 8pm.

Link.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    April for iZombie? What the fuck!

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    April for iZombie? What the fuck!

They really weren't expecting to have to cram Supergirl into their schedule when they renewed all of their shows last season.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    If only @Keith would have told me to watch it.

It took five years of me telling you to watch It's Always Sunny before you did, so this timing is about right

This discussion has been closed.