Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Logical Journey of the (Death) Zambonis.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'd get in on that, but my parents are watching baseball.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I'd get in on that, but my parents are watching baseball.

Kill them back

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Uggggh I want to do the raid at 9, but it might be a bit too early for me. I'm signed on as a reserve for now.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    @amicabilis @voranth @Fawst @cncaudata

Last minute HardMode for 9PM -- any takers?

https://www.the100.io/game/817769

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    @amicabilis @voranth @Fawst @cncaudata

Last minute HardMode for 9PM -- any takers?

https://www.the100.io/game/817769

Tonight's more of a 10:00 night, only just got home from kid activities - I will look for you guys and be happy to fill in if someone needs to leave, etc.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Could really use a Supremacy buddy.

I'll be on after I get home from work in an hourish.

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    How much single player content does the new expansion add ?

I've been thinking of playing again, but I've not played since House of Wolves.

Does it add a lot of stuff to do, apart from the new end game stuff like the new raid ?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    How much single player content does the new expansion add ?

I've been thinking of playing again, but I've not played since House of Wolves.

Does it add a lot of stuff to do, apart from the new end game stuff like the new raid ?
    It adds one entirely new strike, two remixed versions of older strikes, two new exotics and two returning exotics that each have a quest to get them, a couple new weeklies, new artifacts that do stuff like remove the sprint cooldown, recharge nearby allies' supers faster when your super is charged, give you slight boosts to stats and an extra grenade and melee charge each in exchange for removing your super, and more, there's a new patrol zone with five different public areas, as well as a new CoO kind of thing that can drop a different legendary armor set for each class that have entirely new models. There new IB weapons have unique new models as well. There's new faction and vanguard weapons with new models as well, but I don't know if you need the expansion to get those or not. Their perk trees have another new layout, which I thought was interesting.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Finally done working the graveyard shift and I noticed the halloween event is on, woo. Anyone up for shooting mans with me?

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    But hey weren't they using the sword glitch?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

I don't know what this glitch is? Sounds interesting.

There's no way that was one take though, definitely some editing in there.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Putting the Titan bubble up as the moon in the "sky" when moonlight is mentioned in the song was genius

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

I don't know what this glitch is? Sounds interesting.

There's no way that was one take though, definitely some editing in there.
    Yes, there are a bunch of post transitions.

The sword glitch is this:

Take out your sword, swing it and switch weapons at the same time and viola! You have no weapon on screen.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Ah, I was going for a more Halo Sword Glitch, but that's nifty too!

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Thorn Get

KXoYdugh.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

We need another bit of lore from a Cabal grunt, or perhaps a Fallen Dreg just watching one of these massive dance routines, and thinking "I don't know why I'm fighting these guys, they seem an alright bunch".

Thanks once again for people dragging me through the raid last night. I apologise for my weak jump puzzle-fu as for the last year+, I have only used the Warlock blink.

I also hate heights in video games as well, so in addition to the pressure not to hold up the raid, there was also the pressure of not wanting to shit myself when looking down.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

We need another bit of lore from a Cabal grunt, or perhaps a Fallen Dreg just watching one of these massive dance routines, and thinking "I don't know why I'm fighting these guys, they seem an alright bunch".

Thanks once again for people dragging me through the raid last night. I apologise for my weak jump puzzle-fu as for the last year+, I have only used the Warlock blink.

I also hate heights in video games as well, so in addition to the pressure not to hold up the raid, there was also the pressure of not wanting to shit myself when looking down.

Holy shit, someone else whose fear of heights follows them into the digital realm! What's up?! Assassin's Creed was just one trigger after another, dude

• Options
    sPider817 wrote: »

Holy shit, someone else whose fear of heights follows them into the digital realm! What's up?! Assassin's Creed was just one trigger after another, dude

Yes, some of the Assassin's Creed jumps were rough. Some Dark Forces / Jedi Knight games weren't a lot of fun back in the day either.

I've just finished the more recent Tomb Raider game, and I swear whenever I missed a jump which involved a massive drop, I'd jump a little in addition to going "oh shit".

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Is the monitors thing doable in hard mode?
    If so, I'm eyeing @Grifter 's raid on Saturday.

P.S.: Team 7 was my jam in the '90s!

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Is the monitors thing doable in hard mode?
    If so, I'm eyeing @Grifter 's raid on Saturday.

P.S.: Team 7 was my jam in the '90s!

Yup monitors work in both versions of the raid.

• Options
    We actually got the first boss down in Hardmode at the 9PM Raid last night. Fuck those repeater shanks, I was on left side and not only did the shanks on my side have it out for me but the ones in the center decided I was a much better target than the ones in the middle.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I don't think I'm a very good PVP Hunter :(

Time to give the other classes a serious try.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular

Which hunter class are you using?

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    We actually got the first boss down in Hardmode at the 9PM Raid last night. Fuck those repeater shanks, I was on left side and not only did the shanks on my side have it out for me but the ones in the center decided I was a much better target than the ones in the middle.

LOL that's awesome, because I was thinking to myself "the Shank round feels less deadly than the Dregs/Vandals." I guess you were taking the damage instead of me? Felt like middle Splicers had it out for me, but the Shanks mostly weren't an issue. That's actually a pretty fun boss fight.

Alrighty, I've set up a Normal Mode WoI raid for PS4 at 9:30 Eastern tonight. This is specifically for a monitor run, so full clear is the target. Outbreak Prime's damage output on Vosiks in Hard Mode is pretty damn nice, so I want it. If anyone who hasn't run the raid yet wants to come along, you may as well! I'll watch videos on the OP quest, but if anyone is a vet of NM and wants to come along, I'm not gonna complain.

• Options
    edited October 2016

I've used them all. Nightstalker is my best, Bladedancer is my worst. I just feel like I never take advantage of their strengths, maybe it doesn't suit my playstyle.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Fawst wrote: »

LOL that's awesome, because I was thinking to myself "the Shank round feels less deadly than the Dregs/Vandals." I guess you were taking the damage instead of me? Felt like middle Splicers had it out for me, but the Shanks mostly weren't an issue. That's actually a pretty fun boss fight.

Alrighty, I've set up a Normal Mode WoI raid for PS4 at 9:30 Eastern tonight. This is specifically for a monitor run, so full clear is the target. Outbreak Prime's damage output on Vosiks in Hard Mode is pretty damn nice, so I want it. If anyone who hasn't run the raid yet wants to come along, you may as well! I'll watch videos on the OP quest, but if anyone is a vet of NM and wants to come along, I'm not gonna complain.

I need to do the 50 Pulse Kills and the Nightfall parts of the OP quest. If there is a Warlock and a Hunter who want to/need to do that tonight that would be Awesome. I also need to do the Dark Drinker strike. However -- I noticed last night that the Void Edge was still very effective vs the captains.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

Yes, some of the Assassin's Creed jumps were rough. Some Dark Forces / Jedi Knight games weren't a lot of fun back in the day either.

I've just finished the more recent Tomb Raider game, and I swear whenever I missed a jump which involved a massive drop, I'd jump a little in addition to going "oh shit".

So if you fall out of the map through the terrain geometry into the bottomless abyss do you just start screaming?

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    @sPider817 Still interested in trying to do the nightfall tonight?

Any Hunters on xbox one interested in doing the OP quests sometime tonight with Spider and I?

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Entaru wrote: »
    @sPider817 Still interested in trying to do the nightfall tonight?

Any Hunters on xbox one interested in doing the OP quests sometime tonight with Spider and I?

I'm down. Just waiting to be relieved from puppy watch

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    sPider817 Still interested in trying to do the nightfall tonight?

I can be your hunter! I won't be on til around 7:45 pacific though. If you find someone before then, no big deal.

mosssnack on
    XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options

So if you fall out of the map through the terrain geometry into the bottomless abyss do you just start screaming?

It depends!

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I don't know how it works really. I need the nightfall and then the first synch. If Spider's already done the fist synch does that mean he can't help me with it?

If that is the case then we can do the nightfall and he and you can pick up a Titan and move forward. I'll have to find someone who can synch with me.

(I love the concept of this quest but the execution of it is sort of crap for casual players. I guess that's part of the point. . .)

Seidkona on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I don't know how it works really. I need the nightfall and then the first synch. If Spider's already done the fist synch does that mean he can't help me with it?

If that is the case then we can do the nightfall and he and you can pick up a Titan and move forward. I'll have to find someone who can synch with me.

(I love the concept of this quest but the execution of it is sort of crap for casual players. I guess that's part of the point. . .)

The execution really isn't. If you're past a stage you can buy the required piece from Shiro immediately for some minimal amount of glimmer.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited October 2016

The execution really isn't. If you're past a stage you can buy the required piece from Shiro immediately for some minimal amount of glimmer.

Thank you. I thought you could only do that after completion of the whole quest. I was wrong.

That makes it simple and easy.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular

I've used them all. Nightstalker is my best, Bladedancer is my worst. I just feel like I never take advantage of their strengths, maybe it doesn't suit my playstyle.

Ah, gotcha. Do you feel like you're not getting the most out of Shadestep? Imo, that entire class gameplay revolves around mastering that skill.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options

Ah, gotcha. Do you feel like you're not getting the most out of Shadestep? Imo, that entire class gameplay revolves around mastering that skill.

I use it OK defensively, I guess. Offensively its use is non-existent for me.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    There are no invincibility frames with shadestep are there?

Like i know you can take damage during at least part of it. Most people dont seem to realize that though - often when i shade step people just sit there like they are stunned. Then i blast them with a shotty.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    No I-frames, but it shakes off aim assist like a motherfucker. If I'm using an auto rifle, I'll keep firing while attempting to track the shade step, otherwise I wait until it's done and land well placed shots.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    what are people's preferred Crucible skill setups when using Nightstalker?

I've been using Graviton Forfeit for the shadestep, Keen Scout, Voidwall Grenade. Pretty happy with those, but I'm unsure about:
    Super:
    Blood Bound: Tethered enemies explode when killed. Damage to tethered enemies is shared to all.
    Black Hole: The Void Anchor has increased range, lasts significantly longer, and can tether more targets.
    Quiver: Fire Shadowshot up to three times. Void Anchors have reduced range.

I'm using Black Hole but seems like the others could be better for PVP
    Melee:
    Envenomed: Adds a toxin that damages enemies within the smoke.
    Vanish in Smoke: You and allies near Smoke explosions vanish from sight. +1 Agility
    Snare: Allows smoke to stick to surfaces, detonating when enemies are near.

I use Envenomed, seems good
    Ability Modifiers:

Courage of the Pack: Killing tethered targets increases Recovery and Armor for you and nearby allies. Stacks up to 5 times.
    Light of the Pack: Killing tethered targets creates Orbs of Light for your allies.
    Lockdown: Grenade and Smoke effects last twice as long, allowing strong territory control.

The first or third might actually be better than the middle?

I use the middle one. Using "quiver" with the super could work well with Light of the Pack? edit: and also Courage of the Pack, actually. Might get more kills with Quiver over Black Hole.

Al_wat on