As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

US Presidential Election: I could have, but didn't

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Pataki is also calling for Trump to step down now. And Jon Huntsman

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Oh no, how will Clinton ever recover

The dumbest thing about this is it is a basic statement of history. ISIS used the history of Saudi Arabia like a crib sheet.

How has no one noticed the anti-Semitic dog whistle?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

NO.

THEY BAKED THIS CAKE.

NOW THEY MUST EAT IT.

• Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

The dumbest thing about this is it is a basic statement of history. ISIS used the history of Saudi Arabia like a crib sheet.

Pretty sure it's just a whistle.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

I botp'd about it but yeah, this is wikileaks showing their anti-Semitism, nothing else

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Work gave me an unreasonably large bucket of popcorn as a gift (among other much nicer benefits) for hitting 15 years of service.

It won't be enough to get through all of this.

pj1xp0fpfu2m.jpg

Look at the size of that thing!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    .i am not even sure that trump can back out. Emergency protocols exist for when candidates die or become incapacitated... Ballots are printed....

I mean sure I figured republicans would impeach trump if he got elected but they have to get him elected first.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

NO.

THEY BAKED THIS CAKE.

NOW THEY MUST EAT IT.

That's exactly how I feel. Trump bragged about getting more R primary votes than anyone else in history. He represents the Republican Party. They can face the consequences.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    .i am not even sure that trump can back out. Emergency protocols exist for when candidates die or become incapacitated... Ballots are printed....

I mean sure I figured republicans would impeach trump if he got elected but they have to get him elected first.

Don't worry...they'll impeach Clinton instead.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    jimb213 wrote: »

NO.

THEY BAKED THIS CAKE.

NOW THEY MUST EAT IT.

That's exactly how I feel. Trump bragged about getting more R primary votes than anyone else in history. He represents the Republican Party. They can face the consequences.

Some on Twitter have been saying that this tape didn't come out until every Republican stalwart supported Trump. Is that true? I did notice that the one guy so far who pulled his endorsement apparently only endorsed him last week.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A little more info about how the tape came to light: http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/07/media/access-hollywood-donald-trump-tape/index.html

Trump's Machado story was running, and AP published a story from former Apprentice cast members and contestants about how gross Donald Trump was

Access Hollywood producers were reminded of Trump being on their own show many times, and went to dig up their tapes of his appearances, and found Trump's comments. The woman Trump is talking about is apparently Nancy O'Dell, who was Bush's co-host. (which btw just makes Bush laughing about it all the grosser, this is someone he knew and worked with)

Access Hollywood were preparing to air it, but it was set to air on Monday.

Friday afternoon NBC was notified that Fahrenthold had somehow gotten a copy and was going to publish that day when he called them asking for a public comment

Poor Access Hollywood, he just drank their milkshake

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Man...I can't even remember how to tie my shoes anymore...

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Current governor of Utah, GOP of course, and unlike Kirk he's previously said he's voting Trump:

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    jimb213 wrote: »

NO.

THEY BAKED THIS CAKE.

NOW THEY MUST EAT IT.

Some on Twitter have been saying that this tape didn't come out until every Republican stalwart supported Trump. Is that true? I did notice that the one guy so far who pulled his endorsement apparently only endorsed him last week.

My current theory is that Jeb!'s oppo team probably heard something about this but didn't want to say anything because his cousin was in it, and every other R primary candidate didn't really have competent campaign staff.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    A little more info about how the tape came to light: http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/07/media/access-hollywood-donald-trump-tape/index.html

Trump's Machado story was running, and AP published a story from former Apprentice cast members and contestants about how gross Donald Trump was

Access Hollywood producers were reminded of Trump being on their own show many times, and went to dig up their tapes of his appearances, and found Trump's comments. The woman Trump is talking about is apparently Nancy O'Dell, who was Bush's co-host. (which btw just makes Bush laughing about it all the grosser, this is someone he knew and worked with)

Access Hollywood were preparing to air it, but it was set to air on Monday.

Friday afternoon NBC was notified that Fahrenthold had somehow gotten a copy and was going to publish that day when he called them asking for a public comment

Poor Access Hollywood, he just drank their milkshake

The Pulizer may want to think about just calling it the Farenthold.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Last Week Tonight's writers must be throwing all kinds of work out today.

"No, scrap the entire segment. We know what we must do."

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hm. Given that it was a hot mic from Access Hollywood, something they probably kept but only a few people knew about or remembered, and it was only dragged out now with the intent of making it a scoop on Monday... makes me wonder who Farenthold knows at NBC...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I want this to be his silver bullet. I want this to be the thing that snuffs out this disgusting leathery bag of garbage. This specifically, him at his most insidiously disgusting misogynistic. There's been things before that I wanted him to get nuked on, but they didn't happen. I want this to be it.

• Options

I don't know who this guy is, but given how my Twitter feed has exploded with rage about this tweet I'm going to assume he's pretty well known on your side of the Atlantic.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Who the heck is Trump going to be interviewed by now when even Hannity is not defending it?

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Who the heck is Trump going to be interviewed by now when even Hannity is not defending it?

Um, Bill Mitchell I guess? :)

• Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    I want this to be his silver bullet. I want this to be the thing that snuffs out this disgusting leathery bag of garbage. This specifically, him at his most insidiously disgusting misogynistic. There's been things before that I wanted him to get nuked on, but they didn't happen. I want this to be it.

I doubt this is the case. There may be things yet to come that are even worse.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

Bill Cosby probably has a lot of free time these days.

august on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Current governor of Utah, GOP of course, and unlike Kirk he's previously said he's voting Trump:

Point of note, given who has also made his response clear: Herbert's predecessor as Utah Governor was... Jon Huntsman Jr.

• Options
    Oh holy crap I have JUST remembered that Trump's media advisor is Roger freaking Ailes!

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

I don't know. Hannity usually seems to find a way to come back around to supporting awful things.

• Options
    Oh holy crap I have JUST remembered that Trump's media advisor is Roger freaking Ailes!

Yep, The Candidate of Old Gross Men, run by Old Gross Men, for the party of Old Gross Men

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular

I don't know who this guy is, but given how my Twitter feed has exploded with rage about this tweet I'm going to assume he's pretty well known on your side of the Atlantic.

Are you fucking kidding me? You have got to be fucking kidding me.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    If schadenfreude was something I could physically consume, I would have gained 20 lbs in the last 24 hours.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The thread title kinda takes on a different nature...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    glithert wrote: »

He's one of our Poe's Law incarnate pundits.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kipling wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I truly want to know how any woman still supports Trump after this

I want to know why an evangelical would support Trump after this. In what Bible is God OK with that?

literally it has nothing to do with trump for them and everything to do with not electing hillary

they are taking the ted cruz angle

it's hypocritical as shit, but i mean, you know

Ralph Reed used to be an example of the lowest scum of the GOP

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    glithert wrote: »

I kid you not.
    KetBra wrote: »

Yep, The Candidate of Old Gross Men, run by Old Gross Men, for the party of Old Gross Men

This is easily the biggest political shitshow I've ever witnessed, and let me tell you that Anglo-Irish politics involves wading through a lot of shit.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    click here

last one from me tonight folks.

i'm going to go do something else, literally anything else, right now.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Kipling wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I truly want to know how any woman still supports Trump after this

I want to know why an evangelical would support Trump after this. In what Bible is God OK with that?

literally it has nothing to do with trump for them and everything to do with not electing hillary

they are taking the ted cruz angle

it's hypocritical as shit, but i mean, you know

Ralph Reed used to be an example of the lowest scum of the GOP

He still is.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options

Nobody I've ever heard of. He's apparently some conservaradiodickhead based out of Worst Carolina.

Just read his twitter feed. He's kind of really fucking dumb. He's trying to push the wikileaks thing as treason somehow.

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »

I just realized I failed to call them Gross Old Perverts for the appropriate acronym.

Oh well.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.