As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Basically I'm a bit concerned that Caprice plus Friends In High Places becomes the dominant Corp win condition. I don't think there's a non-Rumor Mill runner solution that counters that, so we're going to see a lot more psi games.

I hate psi games.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    Basically I'm a bit concerned that Caprice plus Friends In High Places becomes the dominant Corp win condition. I don't think there's a non-Rumor Mill runner solution that counters that, so we're going to see a lot more psi games.

I hate psi games.

Anarch suffer not the remote to live, Criminal can play multiple Polops and use economic denial, Ice doesn't matter to late-game Smoke so she can run a bunch of times (other shapers kind of screwed?)

• Options
    For Anarch it will depend on how well Dumbles survives, I think. They're probably the best positioned to counter Caprice strategies for the reason you mention.

I don't think it's trivial for Criminal to set up multiple PolOps on demand, but I suppose you only need one or two at the right time.

Smoke is an interesting one. Similar position to PPVP Kate with respect to how much asset spam and prison is around.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I know that I'm swapping out my one-of San San for a couple of Caprice if the MWL rumours are true. With Eli coming off the list there's three influence in my deck I get back as well, so I only need to find one more influence and hey ho it's off to Caprice we go.

And if people start packing lots of Polop then I'll probably pack two San San instead. HB FA looks, at first glance, to come out of this pretty well.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah polop is a great counter to caprice and I think it's a well designed card tbh. you usually only need to fire off one or two each game to win vs foodcoats or RP so friends will mostly only help if you hit the caprice in a central

• Options
    SUASD review terminal Directive.

Someone click the enhance button to get card spoilers from the photos.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Terminal Directive spoiler, shown in the SUASD review:
    Wow, a 5/3 agenda that gives you two free shots of Biotic Labor? Now that's a 5/3 I would actually be excited to play.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »

I hate psi games.

I agree with everyone else that polop and councilman will probably save us from this fate.... but why did they print Friends right now? That card just doesn't need to exist. Like fucking Sifr.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Terminal Directive spoiler, shown in the SUASD review:
    Wow, a 5/3 agenda that gives you two free shots of Biotic Labor? Now that's a 5/3 I would actually be excited to play.

hmmm they don't show the color of the icon.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Oh looks like TD isn't id specific campaigns...Hmmmm not sure I'm super happy with that level of replayability.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    us/Canada regionals dates announced:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/events/2017-regional-championships-may-august/android-netrunner/

please note that the vast majority of these will be taking place after US nationals due to last year's decision to split OP into Star Wars and Not Star Wars tracks

I'm not certain of how this affects byes, but I think that if you win a regional that takes place after the national championship, you can use it for next year's national

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    OH THANK GOD

THEY ACTUALLY PUT THE DATES ON THE PAGE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO DIG FOR THEM!

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I am incredibly disappointed in the number of regionals offered in the New England area. It really speaks to the amount of drop off in players. You have one in CT, one in upstate NY, one in NH, and one in Philadelphia. While I understand the desire to have big regionals, last year the CT regional had ~20 players and I don't foresee them getting up to the max capacity of 100.

• Options
    It may be that they're trying to consolidate Regionals so they've got bigger player counts instead of spreading them out so there's a bunch of little ones. Just like how they're trying to push two-day events.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    It may be that they're trying to consolidate Regionals so they've got bigger player counts instead of spreading them out so there's a bunch of little ones. Just like how they're trying to push two-day events.

I totally agree that the reduction in regionals ( looks to be 3 from last year, personally I thought it was more than that ) is an attempt to get larger turn out. My concern is mainly that of travel time. I am looking at 3+ hours to get to any regional, and that does require some serious buy in

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Ethea wrote: »

I totally agree that the reduction in regionals ( looks to be 3 from last year, personally I thought it was more than that ) is an attempt to get larger turn out. My concern is mainly that of travel time. I am looking at 3+ hours to get to any regional, and that does require some serious buy in

FWIW, Eastern Canada lost theirs again, so the closest we get is Laval, Quebec. That's only a 13 hour drive. :(

• Options
    Ethea wrote: »

FWIW, Eastern Canada lost theirs again, so the closest we get is Laval, Quebec. That's only a 13 hour drive. :(

:(

• Options
    Oh sweet, NRDB just got a Rulings update where it'll show on the card page any relevant rulings in regards to that card, and links to the official/unofficial FAQ's from where they're from.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/rulings#01001

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Also, it sounds like Team Covenant (and some stores' distributors) seem to be thinking that TD is going to be dropping on April 27'th.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, it's official now that TD is dropping 4/27, FFG just updated the Upcoming page.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/4/12/enhanced-enforcement-tactics/

new MWL, finally

the rumors are largely confirmed

additionally, they've changed how the MWL works so that monocolor decks don't get to ignore it

it does still kinda screw over the Professor in this form, though

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Well, that's the question. Professor might actually not give a fuck, since it's seems now that the MWL costs are now just +influence, his ID as printed gets to ignore it still for programs on the MWL, even for in-faction stuff.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Mumbad City Grid is on the list? Was this a problem card I'd just never run into?

Three delicious influence back in my ETF deck now that Eli's off the list.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Mumbad City Hall is on the list, they mistakenly printed the image of MCG. They supposedly have updated it.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Bogart wrote: »
    Three delicious influence back in my ETF deck now that Eli's off the list.

Three back in my Architects of Tomorrow list! That's more vital for me.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    Mumbad City Hall is on the list, they mistakenly printed the image of MCG. They supposedly have updated it.

I guarantee you what happened is whoever had the job of pulling up the images just typed in "mumbad city" and grabbed the first result

• Options
    Well, that's the question. Professor might actually not give a fuck, since it's seems now that the MWL costs are now just +influence, his ID as printed gets to ignore it still for programs on the MWL, even for in-faction stuff.

yeah but now he gets one l4dy and one clone chip (or something else I guess but I think anything else would be incorrect)

like he was defensible for awhile but now he's a stunt ID again

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I mean, Rebirth is a valid option for him, same with an extra Datasucker or a Stimhack or something. He doesn't need clone chips.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    That was fast, Boggs was on The Winning Agenda talking about the new MWL.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    they've had the interview for a while, apparently, just had to wait to upload it.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    No Power Shutdown errata, so that seems like the only thing that was off in the rumours. That may be coming later, though, as obviously it's errata and not to do with the MWL.

Bio-Ethics and Mumbad hit prison decks, so that's good because Christ they're awful, fun-sapping nonsense, but it's six months too late for it to matter much. NBN loses Sensie, which feels like it weakens the CTM deck a tiny bit until they slot DBS. Still, it was an obnoxious card. Eli coming off is fantastic news for HB (and other factions wanting good, cheap ice for reasonable influence). Rumour Mill being all but banned means Caprice is worth slotting again, which means PolOp may see some play in answer to it, which at least feels like an interesting deck-building choice in front of us.

And on the runner side Temujin stops being a three-of in every deck and is maybe now just a two-of. Sucks for criminal, but three influence is closer to reasonable for the other two factions. PPVP coming off opens up that avenue for an economic engine again as an alternative to Temujin, which is nice. PPVP Kate will no doubt wander out for a bit of fresh air.

Val is pretty unhappy right now because she either lost her early remote pressure or 9 influence. Anyone playing Sifr + Parasite decks (raises hand) has a lot of re-working to do. My Whizzard Temujin/Sifr/Parasite deck is now 13 influence over the limit. Whoops. I guess Dumbles is also now fubar. I think they could have taken Wyldside off the MWL now that Faust is so costly, as the thing that pushed it over the edge into unreasonable was that it fuelled Faust with little effort. But ho hum.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Yeah we haven't got a new FAQ yet, and errata would be inside that.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I'm a bit out of the loop: was Rumor Mill so oppressive that they needed to soft-ban it?

• Options
    Val is pretty unhappy right now because she either lost her early remote pressure or 9 influence.

Maybe she actually has to play breakers and use her free one credit per run now as a actual credit. Basically Red Smoke, but better.

Hell, maybe look at possibly sticking the corp with another bad pub somehow, and she'd basically be Better Whizz.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I'm a bit out of the loop: was Rumor Mill so oppressive that they needed to soft-ban it?

By blanking Caprice and Ash on demand, and in combination with ice destruction being so strong, it made glacier basically unplayable.

• Options
    yeah on the balance I think these are all pretty good changes, but now that Faust is going to be rarely seen, I'd argue that Wyldside can come off

• Options
    So what have people been working on in The Great MWL 1.2 Upheaval?

Corp side, I've been testing against Palana and finding it to be really strong. Which is unfortunate for me, because I hate psi games no have no desire to play it. I'm doing ok with Never Advance ETF but I don't think for a minute that it's as strong as Foodcoats.

Runner, well I've resurrected the old Grim Feast deck as an attempt to counter Palana, and even won a Stimhack League game with it, but I don't think it's that good. Should be ok against HB because I've got loads of cutlery events, but we'll see. I haven't been playing Criminal because glacier is everywhere and I fear Batty shenanigans. I don't know how to build Pre-paid Kate these days so am leaving that for someone else to figure out. Vamp in everything seems good.

• Options
    I'm planning on trying out prepaid stealth, either out of Smoke or Kate. Not so sure for corp yet... I kinda want to try and resurrect my old Punitive HB build, but I am expecting lots of film critic once TD is out so I'm not so sure it's worth it?

Foodcoats will still be good, as is rig shooter HB I feel. Now that there's less rumor mill I'll get to fire off Batty even more, and can slot a couple Ash for getting stuff scored as well!

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    What about TD will make Film Critic more prevalent?

• Options
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    What about TD will make Film Critic more prevalent?

Every faction is really scared of Hunter-Seeker (crims due to programs, shapers due to resources, and anarchs due to some expensive hardware).