As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ethea wrote: »
    So am I crazy or have they not announced when and where US regionals are occurring?

They have not, no. Which is a little annoying, especially if you've gotta put in time-off requests a month+ ahead of time.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Ethea wrote: »
    So am I crazy or have they not announced when and where US regionals are occurring?

They have not, no. Which is a little annoying, especially if you've gotta put in time-off requests a month+ ahead of time.

This is my exact situation and why I am asking. Between work requirements and vacations already planned I am worried that I am going to miss all regionals :(

Get your act together FFG OP, we the players have things to plan.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    MWL rumours abound. Two tiers, one at -3 influence, one remaining at -1.

Blackmail
    DDOS
    Rumour Mill
    Faust
    Sensie
    Sifr

-1 additions

Bio-Ethics
    Temujin
    Mumbad City Hall

And these come off the list.

Eli
    Desperado
    Pre-Paid Voicepad

And finally Power Shutdown gets errata to limit the number of cards trashed to the max cost of a piece of hardware or program on the board. Bye-bye combo decks.

The Temujin change loses -3 influence in basically every runner deck I play right now, but it's fair enough as it was obviously under-costed for influence. I'd have preferred an extra influence pip rather than -1 influence on the MWL, but whatever. Eli coming off gives my HB decks some more influence to play with, which is nice.

Val seems like she got punted through a window in a manner Noise would find familiar. Sifr should never have been printed, so I'm happy to see that on there.

Bogart on
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    It's ridiculous that every Runner card on the -3 MWL list is an Anarch card (counting Blackmail in that mix as you never see it outside of Val).

Honestly, Anarchs have enough good cards of their own that a case could be made to just play a Val deck with 1 influence (used for Rebirth I imagine).

• Options
    If we're lucky, they'll change the MWL rules so they have to stop including MWL stuff once they hit 0, and just give the Professor a special call-out letting him ignore the MWL. Call it Tenure.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    It's ridiculous that every Runner card on the -3 MWL list is an Anarch card (counting Blackmail in that mix as you never see it outside of Val).

Honestly, Anarchs have enough good cards of their own that a case could be made to just play a Val deck with 1 influence (used for Rebirth I imagine).

See that would be fine as an all-anarch deck wouldn't be able to play siphon, temujin, Levy, or Aaron and you could build corp decks that punish their weaknesses like Ben Ni's world's SYNC.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    this really seems like an attempt to create a banlist without being able to create a banlist (something the suits at FFG are always opposed to and resisted in Thrones 2e for ages before they eventually printed enough broken content that it became necessary)

it doesn't really work as such because you can just use all the MWL anarch cards and wind up with a strong deck

the more I think about it, the more I think it probably won't change much

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Shorty wrote: »
    this really seems like an attempt to create a banlist without being able to create a banlist (something the suits at FFG are always opposed to and resisted in Thrones 2e for ages before they eventually printed enough broken content that it became necessary)

it doesn't really work as such because you can just use all the MWL anarch cards and wind up with a strong deck

the more I think about it, the more I think it probably won't change much

I think mono anarch would be strong, and have: draw, ice destruction, good breakers, recursion, acceptable but not super strong eccon, great r&d multi access, playable currents and answers to asset spam, glacier, fast advance.

but no Aaron or Syphon or Temujin or Levy or instant recursion/search outside of the conspiracy breakers.

it's... better? fairer. possibly not totally broken even if they have -12 influence.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    I think Dyper still works too, sadly, you just have to go down to 1 or 2 copies of DDOS.

Meanwhile normal good stuff Val gets slaughtered, a normal good stuff Andy deck loses 1 influence, etc

I feel like if that list of changes is correct I'll still want to take a salsette Whizz with Sifr and Parasite to regionals, and just be mono-orange with Employee Strike as my one influence.

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I've discussed this with Boggs already, he's aware of the fact that a mono deck could be the strongest deck and he doesn't like that idea as influence is a huge part of the game. I can't guarantee he's foreseen this as much as needed, but he seemed aware. I have high hopes.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    They just need to remove the professor rule for everyone except the professor and the problem is solved.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is there a website I can use for deck building? Or one that gives suggestions on what I can build based on what I have?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    netrunnerdb.com is the best site for that IMHO.

• Options
    Fifth pack of Red Sands announced, Free Mars.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Oh my, Criminal recursion!

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I'm curious if Biased Reporting is printed wrong. The way the card is written makes me think they INTENDED it to work a certain way, but then forgot to use the ever-important word "Then".
    I don't know its power level either way, but as-is, the corp still gets all their credits regardless of the runner's response to the card, no?

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    it would be nice if they could release a data pack without nbn cards with oversights, mistakes and templating issues.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    in the past, card effects in separate clauses have been ruled to resolve sequentially, I think

I will also point out that if, in this case, they are resolved simultaneously, the runner is probably never ever going to trash any of their cards, since they have no incentive

Shorty on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So apparently I already had an account on netrunnerDB that I forgot about.

I have two decks, a Blue Sun deck and a Kate McCaffrey deck.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options

Uh. Huh. Yeah, that's a thing. Fan Sites hooooooooooooooooooooo

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    whoa

that's a lot of hoops to jump through but playing a day job to gain ten out of nowhere...that's tasty

• Options
    Or just a Sure Gamble for 9.

You know, this really feels like a more useful version of Data Dealer... maybe Core 2.0 is actually happening?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Three clicks, plus spend two cards (Fan Site + The Shadow Net), for +9 or +10 credits seems fair to me. I think to really come out ahead, you want to be doing things like High-Stakes Job for +12 credits plus a run, or use it as Even More Account Siphons, Even More Run Amoks, etc.

edit: oh wait, you don't have to trash The Shadow Net, so repeated uses get cheaper. That...might actually be pretty good even with just Sure Gambles.

Fry on
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Or just a Sure Gamble for 9.

You know, this really feels like a more useful version of Data Dealer... maybe Core 2.0 is actually happening?

I am fully confident that it is happening

• Options
    oh man wow high-stakes with shadow net sounds amazing

• Options
    @Cerberus took that Val deck and a Butchershop to an 11 person tournament yesterday! Went 3-1 with both decks. Fairly certain I would've won both games if it weren't for some slight pilot error. Went too all-in on a Midseasons in my corp loss and then took way to long to find more ice or my boom before I got medium dug out. Drew the boom on my final turn but only had 5 credits left and I needed to best defence a plascrete too :( Runner loss was pretty much from me being too hesitant to apoc when I had 2 Liberated Accounts on the board and then left an Oberth Protocol up for a turn against a Jemison (and he scored the other atlas he had in hand because of course he had another one in hand...)

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    @Cerberus took that Val deck and a Butchershop to an 11 person tournament yesterday! Went 3-1 with both decks. Fairly certain I would've won both games if it weren't for some slight pilot error. Went too all-in on a Midseasons in my corp loss and then took way to long to find more ice or my boom before I got medium dug out. Drew the boom on my final turn but only had 5 credits left and I needed to best defence a plascrete too :( Runner loss was pretty much from me being too hesitant to apoc when I had 2 Liberated Accounts on the board and then left an Oberth Protocol up for a turn against a Jemison (and he scored the other atlas he had in hand because of course he had another one in hand...)

Good work :)

I took Val and Railgun to a BABW/ANRPC qualification event at the weekend. There was considerably less spam than I expected about, but Val was solid until the final where she lost to hasty CI. Still I qualified which was the point.

• Options
    I played against Jinteki PE, ETF, NEH (russian, so asset spam muahahaha) and Jemison. I think I fired off 6 or 7 Apocs total which felt PRETTY GREAT every time.

Also I forgot to mention, I dropped a dirty laundry for a mad dash, but then switch it for a trope on the day which I was actually quite happy with.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I played against Jinteki PE, ETF, NEH (russian, so asset spam muahahaha) and Jemison. I think I fired off 6 or 7 Apocs total which felt PRETTY GREAT every time.

Also I forgot to mention, I dropped a dirty laundry for a mad dash, but then switch it for a trope on the day which I was actually quite happy with.

Hah I've been trying the Apoc Val as well and shoved in mad dash as well (dropping making an entrance) - helps occasionally against CI since the plan is racing on agendas.

• Options
    I found that most of the time if I drew the mad dash early it would clog up my hand if I tried to keep it, so I'd just discard it. Trope, on the other hand, is something I can just slam down and get a bunch of tokens on, and then a turn or two before I drop the apoc I can send back some blackmails or econ or other stuff I pitched while drawing up. If I draw it late game it can help vs attrition decks or PE/PU, so it's always a card I'm happy to see.

• Options
    Yeah, makes sense. I also added Mad Dash, though only played it once on the day, into a June Bug of all things.

• Options
    So, if the spoiled mwl changes are true, what do you think the best corp and runner decks will be?

• Options
    I feel like it'll depend on whether the professor rule stays or not. With it, anarch and NBN are still poised to be strong, just with way less variation I think.

If the meta moves back to some measure of glacier I can see shaper getting good again, especially if prepaid comes off the mwl.

• Options
    with prepaid coming off the MWL I think we can expect Kate to make a comeback, though she's still going to have a tough time against asset spam

with criminals having Desperado for free again, and being the only faction with one-pip Temujin, plus Aaron, I expect there's going to be a goodstuff Leela or Andromeda deck that will be pretty spooky

but I think anarchs generally and Whizzard specifically is still going to be the deck to beat

corpside...I don't know, NBN almost doesn't even need influence to be good

whether or not it turns out that Sensie isn't worth the pips might not even matter, since DBS does almost the same thing and is almost as good, especially in CTM

I'm not expecting much movement in the corpside meta, I think the same yellow deck we've all been playing against for the last six months is still going to be the best without changes to 24/7 or EOI

• Options
    Crim's gonna be in a better place once TD is out and gives us some more options, including that spicy code gate breaker that we can save influence with!

• Options
    I wouldn't mind it if something terrible happened to Employee Strike as well. Like, say, it got put into tier 3 of the MWL so it just goes away.

Really want to see what else is in TD, but I've got a feeling there is going to be a mean Skorpios deck in there. Kill the barrier breakers, win the game?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    yeah Skorpios terrifies me tbh Hunter-Seeker Drone alone makes me think about going back to Shaper or at least slotting film critic in all my decks

• Options
    So I think we have to assume you can't play mono colour decks, and they've thought about the professor ruling.

I definitely feel that ppvp Kate is going to be strong again.

I'm not convinced on CTM without Sensie, especially with Aaron and so much strike and slums around.

My gut feel says that game balance swings back in the corps favour.

• Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    I don't think DBS can replace Sensie in CTM without a big power drop for the deck. The turn one (zero to rez!) acceleration it gives you is the real advantage, not the filtering.

I think Foodcoats and Palana Glacier become the real winners if the rumours are correct. Sandburg has the potential to be quite oppressive, so we might all be glad of Sifr soon!

If that's true then Good Stuff Criminal is going to have some rough match-ups. Dumbles will survive in some form, I think (don't ask me what, I'll leave that to the good deck builders to solve). Pre-paid Kate is going to be in a weird place if asset spam or prison survive the changes.

So, in conclusion... dunno.