As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Planned Assault is a good Siphon cover if you have that.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Planned Assault is a good Siphon cover if you have that.

I don't have that one. I've been meaning to get that box though.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Do cards only come as singles or 2 ofs? I feel like I'm missing a lot cards because I have some singles and 2 ofs and it is bothering me.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    only the core set has singles and doubles, all the packs have full playsets of everything

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So... any bets to whether Vanadis gets hit in the FAQ or new MWL?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Is it that bad? I've not played with it or against it.
    I've seen the deck based on it, but wasn't sure if it was shut down by tech or a fast corp?

• Options
    KesterKester Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

My guess is errata'd/"clarified" so that it has to have been installed when the damage was done, so you can't fire 3 in one turn.

But it's a daft card anyway: it reminds me of Accelerated Diagnostics in that there are pretty much zero reasonable use cases for it that aren't silly combo decks. Stop printing these cards, FFG.

• Options
    Like, I could see a legit use for it against decks that are running Breached Domes/Snare/Obakata to hurt them back by milling a bunch. It getting errata'd so that it only cares about damage inflicted by the Corp would probably even it out.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Kester wrote: »

My guess is errata'd/"clarified" so that it has to have been installed when the damage was done, so you can't fire 3 in one turn.

But it's a daft card anyway: it reminds me of Accelerated Diagnostics in that there are pretty much zero reasonable use cases for it that aren't silly combo decks. Stop printing these cards, FFG.

it already has to be installed when the damage is done, that's why it says "use this immediately after having taken damage"

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Kester wrote: »

it already has to be installed when the damage is done, that's why it says "use this immediately after having taken damage"

the runner can use 1, install a second, damage themselves, and play a second for all of the first ones mills, plus an extra one.

or that's the fear, i think.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    I'm looking at the decklist now and it seems like a very fragile deck with an easily disrupted gameplan, like that valencia deck that used ddos and false echo to bounce all the ice in a server every time it ran

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    it can apparently go off in 5-8 turns so you'd really have to draw your tech

• Options
    Part of me wants to build a Skorpios deck built around milling via Underway Renovation and Blacklist and maybe Salem?

QUIT HITTING YOURSELF.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    supposedly Boggs is aware of the Vanadis mill deck and has a fix in the works

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Is it too much to ask that they stop printing cards with X effects? What makes them think oh well this one will be OK.

• Options
    Glad Boggs is on it.

I think they should put more caps on stuff, Deep Data Mining is an example of a well balanced and designed card I think that would be bonkers without the cap.

• Options
    KesterKester Registered User regular
    Glad Boggs is on it.

I think they should put more caps on stuff, Deep Data Mining is an example of a well balanced and designed card I think that would be bonkers without the cap.

Can you imagine? "I install 20 memory chips and play DDM"

It's a good point that I hadn't really thought about; putting more caps on cards in future would avoid a lot of issues, even if it isn't especially elegant.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Glad Boggs is on it.

Of course cerberus would be in favour of caps :)

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Could someone break down how Vanadis is so broken as printed?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Brody wrote: »
    Could someone break down how Vanadis is so broken as printed?

It has a paid trash ability to make the corp trash X cards from R&D where X is the amount of damage the runner has taken that turn. So with a suite of other cards the runner deals themselves a bunch of damage but without killing themselves, pops the Vanadis to make the corp trash 15 cards from R&D, then does the same thing for two more turns with a second and third Vanadis, thus decking the corp.

Any card with an X ability without an upper limit is going to cause trouble, and I have no idea why they don't know that yet.

• Options
    Obviously what we need is a Weyland card that does X meat damage, equal to the number of tags the runner has. And then reprint Midseasons as a Weyland card.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I guess I'm not sure how a runner takes 15 damage w/o killing themselves? Unless it doesn't have to be damage that wasn't prevented?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I guess I'm not sure how a runner takes 15 damage w/o killing themselves? Unless it doesn't have to be damage that wasn't prevented?

It draws through the entire deck and has hand size increase

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Usually it's through Titanium Ribs, letting them pick I've Had Worse's to keep drawing cards. Also stockpiling cards on Bookmark to act as fodder for the big turn.

Also using Bug Out Bags to draw back up when they hit 0 cards.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Usually it's through Titanium Ribs, letting them pick I've Had Worse's to keep drawing cards. Also stockpiling cards on Bookmark to act as fodder for the big turn.

Also using Bug Out Bags to draw back up when they hit 0 cards.

Nobody ever expected that a tier 1 potentially a meta defining deck would include, and leverage Titanium Ribs!

• Options
    Word of Boggs says that he's aware of the Vanadis decks from his playtesters, and that he's going to be dealing with it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The rumor currently going around is that Boggs is shitcanning the mwl entirely and replacing it with a thrones-style restricted/ban list

Vanadis will be banned, supposedly

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Oh wow, I just saw the supposed leak.

That is... one hell of a aggressive list.

GET SHIT ON AARON.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    If the list is accurate it means completely relearning how to deckbuild and the speed of the game is going back to Spin Cycle days

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Here is the rumored list:

RUNNER BANS:
    Aaron Marron
    Bloo Moose
    Faust
    Rumor Mill
    Sifr
    Temujin Contract
    Salvaged Vanadis Armory

RUNNER RESTRICTED (Choose one set of 3 cards from the list for deck building)
    Aesop’s Pawnshop
    Clone Chip
    Employee Strike
    Film Critic
    Gang Sign
    Inversificator
    Levy AR Lab Access
    Magnum Opus

CORP BANS:
    Clone Suffrage Movement
    Friends In High Places
    Mumbad City Hall
    Sensie Actors Union

CORP RESTRICTED (Choose one set of 3 cards from the list for deck building)
    Estelle Moon
    Fairchild 3.0
    Global Food Initiative
    Hunter Seeker
    Mumba Temple
    Museum of History
    Obokata Protocol

Shorty on
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Man most of my post rotation decks leaned heavily on opus :(

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Why aren't Runners allowed to have money?!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Obviously this is paving the way for The Collective to finally be printed. I wanna play as the freaky Shaper hive mind, damnit.

Opus I can kinda understand, since it’s basically infinite money forever. And it lets you actually use Armitage.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    They're really trying to cut down on infinite money it seems, or money cards that are too much value. Netting 5 from Casts or 10 from Liberated seems to be about as comfortable as they want to play, which is fine, and both of those eventually run out.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    I really don't like the idea of a banned/restricted list, especially one that hits core 2.0 cards.

• Options
    yeah it's extremely weird that the core set shaper deck won't be legal

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    To be honest Netrunner is such a fucking mountain to get into that issues like that are puny in comparison to the massive card and purchase list. Compared with the upside of them moving away from the soft-ban bullshit that was the MWL into something that can actually fuck the meta up, it's just not that big a deal.

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I think the core of my problem here is trust. My local meta is pretty much dead, and Core 2 and rotation represent the best opportunity to try to get people back in the game or introduce them. If I have to immediately explain to them though that the new core has multiple cards that are soft banned and multiple cards in the newest cycle have been straight up banned it's going to make that harder, and possibly not worth trying for me. Why bother buying a pack if the cards you but it for might become scrap paper?

Neaden on
  • Options
    I wouldn't frame it that way to players

I'd present it as a positive thing for the metagame, because that's what it is

and you already buy a pack knowing that not every card in it is going to hit the table

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    "you know how you quit playing this game because it was completely fucked? It's better now!"